Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinepsylicon
Adventurer
Loc: Urbana, IL
Negative spatial dimensions
    #1218121 - 01/14/03 02:54 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

First of all I should say that in this post I will not be counting time as a dimension; I am familiar with the basics of relativity but I'm currently speaking strictly in terms of geometric spatial dimensions.
Alright, so for the past few months I have been putting a lot of philisophical thought and meditation, sometimes with the assistance of Salvia Divinorum, into the ideas of higher dimensionaliaty and the possibility that our 3-dimensional universe is only one of a myriad of possibilities.
Then, a few weeks ago, something hit me out of the blue that I had never thought of, and I've searched google and the message boards here and not found any reference to it. What of the idea of negative spatial dimensions? It's somewhat difficult to visualize geometrically for the same reasons that its difficult to visualize the 4th or 5th spatial dimension, so let's think analytically here.
First of all, let's just make sure we're on the same geometric grounds here. 3d is our normal experience. 2d is flat, like a square. 1d is like a line. 0d is like a point. Now if there were negative spatial dimensions, for example a -3d dimension, that exactly mirrored our positive 3d dimension, but perhaps with matter replaced with antimatter and antimatter replaced with matter, then, supposing the two universes merged, they would cancel each other out, as if two sine waves half a period apart were superimposed and destructively interfered to completion. Everything would then revert to a 0-dimensional point, which could conveniently be thought of as 'god' if so desired. Now further consider that perhaps these waves are in fact already merged, but our consciousness resides solely upon one of the waves and is independent of the other, therefore it appears that we are existing in the 3d, when in fact this is really only half of the true picture. If this conjecture were true, it would be reasonable to assume that there are therefore an infinite number of spatial dimensions, extending along the integral number line in botht he positive and the negative directions, essentially canceling each other out but simultaneously allowing all kinds of existence and dimensionality to manifest in the individual planes.

I hope this makes sense, it was rather difficult to put down exactly in words. I plan on analyzing this further next weekend with Koh Samui, and even further when I begin to study relativity theory when school starts up again next week. But i'm interested to hear anybody's thoughts on this. It struck me with the force of a true epiphany.
Especially, if anybody knows anything in depth about string theory, the very basics of it I'm beginning to grasp but I haven't really taken the time to study it in depth, from what I've read though it seems like my theory could parallel it nicely.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offline3eyedgod
trippinkid

Loc: Far away and very near
Re: Negative spatial dimensions [Re: psylicon]
    #1218128 - 01/14/03 03:00 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

If a principally antimatter dimension "collided" with a principally matter dimension the size and power of the explosion would beyond comprehension.  I'd say you can probally kiss any other adjacent dimensions goodbye. :cool:

--------------------
Without everything wouldn't nothing be everything and without nothing wouldn't everything be nothing.I am the beginning and the end,the source and the void, the light and the darkness,i am but a small drop of the ocean yet i am an ocean unto myself

Edited by 3eyedgod (01/14/03 03:01 PM)

Anonymous

#1218142 - 01/14/03 03:09 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I think you're on to something there. I've just assumed that these negative spatial dimensions indeed exist in the antimatter universe, a "photographic negative" of our universe existing simply for balance. Keep searching for answers.

Anonymous

Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: psylicon]
    #1218165 - 01/14/03 03:21 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Negative spatial dimensions [Re: ]
    #1218556 - 01/14/03 05:59 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

How about negative matter, negative antimatter, and negative energy that when combined with positive matter positive antimatter, or positive energy leaves nothing.

Matter/antimatter reactions just convert mass--> energy

--------------------

Offlinepsylicon
Adventurer
Loc: Urbana, IL
Re: Negative spatial dimensions [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1218908 - 01/14/03 07:38 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Yea, That's more what I was thinking
I havent studied in depth anything beyond your basic freshman physics courses yet, so for the moment its more just philisophical speculation.
I was thinking about it from a much more fundamental view, that if all matter and forces can be reduced to some form of vibration, (string theory, www.superstringtheory.com), then perhaps vibrations could cancel each other out? (assuming the waves could be thought of as longitudinal instead of transverse)
I was hoping somebody on the forum might have some more knowledge about string theory to either back me up or refute that. I might just email the authors of the site, or ask one of my professors.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #1219142 - 01/14/03 08:38 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

It is my understanding that every dimension exists simultaneously in the same space and time. We are focused on only a small portion of that reality. A description of the dimensions in the Pleiadian Workbook fits my perception of them fairly well so I will show those.

First Dimension- the realm of pure minerals as containers for consciousnes, but devoid of their own consciousness and self-awareness.

Second Dimension- lower-astral planes on which the consciousnesses perceive themselves as all that exists, are oblivious to spirit, devoid of souls, and totally self-absorbed; also the realm of certain types of elementals that have no consciousness of their own other than is directed by some controlling force; also contains underworld aspect of what is called the bardos in Buddhism, also known as the Hell realms, realm of all plant species.

Third Dimension- physical world and corresponding astral planes; anchored in linear time- and space-based reality. Anything in this realm exists at a maximum of 9000 vibrations per second. This is the realm where human consciousness currently lives.

Fourth Dimension- Beings retain consciousness as feelings and thoughts based on feelings. This dimension contains both dark and light polaroties. The light realms are made up of "cities of light" and those who have reached a vibrational frequency of between 9000 and 12,000 vibrations per second. The consciousness here is the first stage of Christ consciousness following ascension. Many guides, angels and Ascended Masters impulse the third-dimensional humans who are receptive and available for spiritual growth and evolution. (Think: Lucid Dream) Humans are also impulsed by the dark astral counterpart that exists in this dimension. The dark ones are able to match the lower-vibrational frequency of negative thought, vices, repressed emotions, and unhealed or denied shadow sides of humans - and are able to pull them into the dark side and then feed off of their pain, fear and other dense energies. (Think: Nightmare.)

Everything exists to create balance and growth. The dimensions all layered on top of one another are just different levels of vibration.. or levels of focus.. like tuning to a radio station.. just tuning consciousness to a certain frequency.. there exists in every dimension a positive and a negative, matter and antimatter, in a constant eternal dance... yet these polarities are the same thing.. they are different aspects of the whole.

--------------------

OfflineMonkah
abreactionsynchronicity
Loc: location? i exist somwher...
Re: Negative spatial dimensions [Re: Shroomism]
    #1219329 - 01/14/03 09:31 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

the material plane

the plane of forces

the astral plane

the mental plane

above these four planes are three higher planes which have no modern names which can be understood by those dwelling only on the lower planes.

it should be mentioned that each of the seven planes has
seven sub-planes: and each of these sub-planes has its own seven sub devisions; and so on to the seventh degree of subdivision.

according to occultist these seven are as follows  (the older sanskrit names, which are now superseded, are only being given for reference)

Divine or Adi, 

Monadic or Anutadaka,

Spiritual or Nirvana,

Ituitional or Buddhi,

Mental or Manas,

Astral or Kama,

Physical or Sthula

these worlds are not physically separate in the manner which planets apear to be, but interpenetrate each other.
they depend for thier differences on the relative density of the matter wich composes them, and the consequent diference in the rates at which the matter vibrates.

except for the physical world (densest) our knowledge of them, so far as it extends, is dependent on Occultism, and the more exalted the vision of the Occultist the higher the world to which the astral vision can percieve.
each world has its apropriate inhabitants, clothes in appropriate bodies, and possing the appropirate states of consciousness.
the two highes worlds, the Devine and the Monadic, are at present incapable of attainment by human powers, the remaining five are attainable to a greater or lesser degree.
The Monad for the purpose of gathering experience and for development, often finds it necessary to pass downwards into the material sphere.
when it has taken possession of the spiritual, intuitional, and higher mental worlds, it may be looked on as a self or soul embodying the will, intuition, and intellect.
it continues eternally as the same entity, never altering itself except by reason of increasing development, and hence is Imortal.

:grin:

want more? just ask..

--------------------
*NEW!* from Monkah Inc.The "Silence game" hold an exhilerating game between you and a friend,see who finds silence first! (warning:M. Inc. patented silence-in-its-self,failure to pay up will result in sending satan after you! err,we mean our laywer!)

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: Negative spatial dimensions [Re: Monkah]
    #1219381 - 01/14/03 10:04 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Indeed I did not mention the realms higher than 4th so as to stay simple though I am glad you brought them up. In the higher realms, matter and anti-matter exist as one, with no separation. The goal of any entity within the spiritual hierarchy is that of knowledge through life experience in order to evolve. Thus, the individual consciousness exists subjectively while contributing its perception to objective eternity to which it is forever connected to. Travelling through the dimensions, the seer is able to come to understand and comprehend all facets of that infinite reality and shall eventually gain enough wisdom to merge as one with All-That-Is. There we exist as one in harmony for eternity, until it is decided to gain more experience to contribute to the evolution of this body called creation. And the cycle continues..

--------------------

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
    #1219474 - 01/14/03 11:52 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Of course negative spacial dimensions exist. There is nothing special about it.
The position in 3D space is defined with (x, y, z) coordinates that go from -infinite to +infinite. Your coordinates depend on where you put the 0 point.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Negative spatial dimensions [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1221537 - 01/15/03 02:58 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Matter/antimatter reactions just convert mass--> energy 

This is not correct.  Matter/antimatter reactions convert to nothing, including no energy.  They cancel each other out.  Less Star Trek and more physics book.  :smile:

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Anonymous

#1221609 - 01/15/03 03:35 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

There almost has to be negative dimensions, as everything seems to have negative aspects. Magnetism is the best example of this, negativity without numbers.

The negative spacial dimension(s) you speak of would have to be all around us. It would have to mirror the universe and beyond, which would be mirroring infinity. I have a feeling when we discover the negative aspect of gravity, we will be lead into this "negative universe." Gravity pulls everything together, anti-gravity pushes it apart, and since we don't seem to be merged with the anti-universe, we must be being pushed away from it.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Negative spatial dimensions [Re: Shroomism]
    #1221620 - 01/15/03 03:42 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Indeed I did not mention the realms higher than 4th so as to stay simple though I am glad you brought them up.

Of course, this is all just CONJECTURE..... don't forget that.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
Re: Negative spatial dimensions [Re: Seuss]
    #1222346 - 01/16/03 12:08 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

This is not correct. Matter/antimatter reactions convert to nothing, including no energy. They cancel each other out. Less Star Trek and more physics book.

You're wrong. Matter/antimatter reactions convert mass to energy http://www.physlink.com/Education/AskExperts/ae159.cfm

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Negative spatial dimensions [Re: zeronio]
    #1222764 - 01/16/03 05:59 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Good link.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Salvia

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology