Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Loc: in your house :)
Psilocybe cubensis "Puerto Rican" PF-Tek
    #1003259 - 10/29/02 01:15 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

A friend of a friend sent me this thru the email and is a great fictional story about a man in the early 70's cultivating.  Very interesting and she said she'd send the rest in future emails.  No partys discussed here in are results from my experiences.

9/30- sometime around this date i make the syringe using a shot glass a print and a knife and tin foil.  flame sterilized the knife with butane lighter.  liberally sprayed work area down with lysol and cleaned surface with 91% isopryl alcohol.  opened up print and scraped spores into shot glass and covered with tin foil.  sterilized syringes were stuck thru the tin foil to minimize draft (i'm sure tin foil wasn't best material to use but it was available.) also flame sterilized needle and then shot water into shot glass and sucked back up and did it again to get any missed spores.  shot glass was also round and very cylindericular.  so no spores would be caught on side of glass. put needle guard on needle and let it sit in a cool (70-75F) dark place.

10/22- sterilize 6 1/2 pint kerr wide mouth jars using the  pf max fruting formula @ 10psi 20 mins. 4 innoc points with a 3 penny nail in the outer rim of jars.  sealed with mascon tape. one layer of tin foil on top all pre-sterilization and after steriliziation i smelt a peculirar smell and decided to remove tinfoil and dab off excess water from on top of tape. next day it was dry.

10/23- open air innoc with home made pr syringe print courtesey of a friend of a friend. lysol'd down room before entering bathroom and then heavily lysoled bathroom down and cleaned surfaces with a 10% bleach/water solution.  waited for lysol to settle before flame sterilizing to avoid flash fire say 10 minutes. flame sterilized needle with butane lighter that left black soot. flame sterilized on every 2 jars to ensure no cross contamination.  innoc total 6 jars removing tape off one hole at a time and replacing. why 6? only had 6cc's in syringe and still got like 2 left so do the math yourself thats like under .25cc per hole but pr is a great colonizer from what i hear. incubate in closet around 70-74F with tape over holes and no tin foil with lids on loosely.

10/28- built incubator today with cooler/bottle of hot water and cover up top of cooler with sheet.  temp is around 84-75.  growth already spotted around 4 innoc points without incubating and temps around 73. gotta refill water bottle a few times a day. Temp starts at as high as 86 and cools to around 78 then refill with hot water and do again.

10/29- mycellium under 4 innoc points is size of a quarter. no mold visible in any jars. also see water droplets around mycellium very tiny.

11/3-mycellium is very rhizomorphic. tiny water droplets above the mycellium.  very close to all 4 points touching each other.  maybe 1-2mm away and still being incubated from 86-72. (i'm falling behind on the refillings.)  any ideas on when to expect say full colonization?  guy who sent me spores sayd 20 days full colonization with this pr? wish i had pics :frown:

11/5- approaching 100% colonization and i flipped jars today. bottom is almost fully covered with mycellium so wait one week past the bottom covering?  Also remove tape as well or ?  This is the part where i usually messup :frown:

11/6- some are almost 100% colonization just a few mm on bottom of jar and removed tape.  in next few days i'm going to start exposing them to light.  seems already that i see balls of mycellium though or hyphal knots??? possible?

11/8- switched incubator to a bigger cooler. inside incubator i introduce a 4w light bulb to start getting pinning initiated and going to leave the light on for 24/7 to maintain heat and expose jars to light. only 4w so shouldnt generate too much dry heat.  jars are flipped and removed tape.  near the verm barrier there are signs of limited growth? maybe the pr doesnt like the dry verm.  also innoc'd two karo jars last nite.  karo jars are also stored in incubation chamber and are wrapped in tin foil the sides as to know let light expose them to the growing mycellium. also mycellium is extending to the outside of the jar as if the cake kinda shrunk some but the rhizomorphs are going out to jar? rhizomorphs or hyphal knots? Terrarium is pre setup as a 72 quart rubbermaid supported under it with 8 dog food jars scored for $2 :laugh: and a 1/2" hole in bottom to allow draining and co2 evaporation.  Thanks for idea shroomologist.  Also sterlite container below hole to catch drippings. 

11-12 -birthed two cakes tonite and going to wait on the other 4 to invitro pin.  Shookoff most of verm layer and gave it a few sprinkles of water and set it down on some tinfoil.  Was going to dunk but didn't feel like it. Fruiting chamber is a 72Q rubbermaid with a light in top. Also perlite for humidifcation and hole in bottom.  Temp around 72.

11-14 - two cakes still chiling with 3 total tubs of perlite in the fruiting chamber no signs of pins yet but just got the hygrometer tonite and it says HI% so i guess thats a good sign. the light doesnt seem to dryout the chamber either.  one cake may either show a sign of contam or blueing?? dont know which but will probably go ahead and birth other 3.  fruiting chamber temp is 68-72. and hi RH since working with cakes.

11-19 - 4 cakes still sitting in fruiting chamber and fanning 3-4x a day and no signs of pins yet. still hoping as it hasn't been past 7 days. temp is hovering around 68-72 still as well.  if pinning goes past 10 days and i see nothing ima be a lil worried then. should i? also cased the other 2 colonized cakes today using hongus tek without the bottom layer and crushing the cakes in ziploc bag and putting in container and covering with foil with a few holes in foil and placed back in incubator.  which has now changed to a large cooler with a 4QT submersible heater set on 82 and keeps the temp around 80 or so inside the cooler.

11-21- removed casing from incubator as it had 2 small patches of mycellium poking thru it. into the refrigerator it goes for about 8 hours. it comes out and gets put in saran wrap to fruit unlike the terrarium as terrarium RH is too high for casing.

11-25- casing is showing growth and going to patch her up.  ditched out on cakes and praying for outdoor gods to helpout.  damn i hate failure. :frown: next time i guess wait to pin invitro?

12-3-well results we have failure is not.  casings have about 6 baby pins growing thru middle of casing layer that was patched.  casings are way better than cakes imho.  will let know flush weight later.

12-11- well picked of last of mush tonite and total yield from this picking was around 2g dry how lame i know right.  first sucessful grow and so stoked.  mush were picked since i noticed a funky brown wet looking contam coming over the casing layer.  so i decided to pick and have those instead of not having nothing at all.  so sucess and next time i'll be more careful with casing and actually microwave the verm before applying.  this grow log is complete.
too bee continued.

Edited by Annom (12/21/04 10:38 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Re: Puerto Rican and PF cake (noobie) [Re: socratesmind]
    #1024691 - 11/05/02 02:44 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Updated!

--------------------
Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.

Edited by socratesmind (11/07/02 10:17 PM)

Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

#1028743 - 11/06/02 03:33 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Updated and can anyone offer some insight on things to lookout for as its this persons first time?

--------------------
Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.

Edited by socratesmind (11/07/02 10:19 PM)

Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

#1034131 - 11/07/02 10:20 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

updated up top.

--------------------

InvisibleEffedS
 User Gallery

Loc: Daylight Slavings
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: socratesmind]
    #1034186 - 11/07/02 10:33 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Re: Puerto Rican and PF cake (noobie) [Re: Effed]
    #1034860 - 11/08/02 01:44 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

No no casing as its my first grow. Might do a dunk tek and get risky. I guess use distilled water from store?

--------------------

Offlineg0dmoney
none

Loc: a comfortably numb place
    #1035096 - 11/08/02 04:28 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

dunno if i would dunk yet.. from what ive always heard, just be paitent :wink: 

--------------------
This body holding me, reminding me that I am not alone in This body makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
    #1036327 - 11/08/02 01:06 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

i dunk in a regular tapwater(sterilized by boiling)/hydrogen peroxide solution. at the least i recomend sterilizing your water, whichever kind you use. if you do dunk, do a search and read about how others have done it. i will also recomend waiting at least a week after 100% colonization before dunking, as it will allow the inner portions of the cake to colonize and be better protected from any contamination. by the way, you can usualy remove the tape shortly after the top level of the jars is all colonised.
oh, and i almost forgot, good luck.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Edited by concretefeet (11/08/02 01:20 PM)

Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Re: Puerto Rican and PF cake (noobie) [Re: canid]
    #1036386 - 11/08/02 01:23 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

yea i think birthday is gonna be like in a week or so during the time keep on incubating at 82 or so or drop temps?

--------------------

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1036529 - 11/08/02 02:04 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

keep them incubating untill you're ready to birth. keep them dark, as they aproach colonization they will be trying harder and harder to pin. if they start pinning invitro then birth them, you will still be able to dunk after the first flush.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

#1036564 - 11/08/02 02:16 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

well i just introduced light to to helpout with pinning but they look pretty healthy and still incubatin. gonna wait till next week though to birth. got terrrarium setup and i'll describe in above.

--------------------

Offlineg0dmoney
none

Loc: a comfortably numb place
    #1048057 - 11/12/02 10:23 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

will there be any pics on birthday? id luv to see em :laugh: 

--------------------
This body holding me, reminding me that I am not alone in This body makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Re: Puerto Rican and PF cake (noobie) [Re: g0dmoney]
    #1048106 - 11/12/02 11:06 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

no pics my friend sorry this email of this hippie's dream didnt contain any.

--------------------

Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

#1048250 - 11/13/02 12:08 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

any critiques on birthing method?

--------------------

OfflineTeKn0
†hè
Male User Gallery

Loc: ŵįţĥįń ? ?ŧąţĩ�...
    #1048882 - 11/13/02 09:29 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Looks Good.
Seems you should have a successful first grow here. :grin: 

--------------------
Listen, or your tongue will keep you deaf. :wink:
ŦēҜй? - ??ĜįĈ?? ҒűČҝĮńĜ ?đVǻŃčЄмЄńŦ

Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Re: Puerto Rican and PF cake (noobie) [Re: TeKn0]
    #1064717 - 11/19/02 12:18 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

updated el toppo.

--------------------

Offlinesevens
binarian
 User Gallery

#1073141 - 11/21/02 08:27 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

How many hours of light do you give them a day? my first cake took at least like 8 days to see pins. Don't know if this was coincidence or what, but i was giving them like 3-6 hours of light a day and as soon as i put them on 12/12 i saw pins the next day after darkness ;o. just be patient and keep the temp as close as possible to the ideal 74?. good luck

--------------------
SeVeN aka [01010011  01100101  01010110  01100101  01001110]
(All posts are from dreams I've had and/or recounts, hear say, etc)

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Puerto Rican and PF cake (noobie) [Re: sevens]
    #1073720 - 11/21/02 12:34 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

go about a 12/12 for pinning, them cut back to mabey 4 hours of light per day for cropping.

--------------------

Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

#1074027 - 11/21/02 02:02 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

i guess i'll try 12/12 today with a timer.

--------------------

Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

#1085723 - 11/25/02 09:12 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

updated! also did i mention i hate failure  :mad:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract