Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Psilocybe Cubensis "Malabar" PF-Tek spawned to uncolonized BRF, large flat cake Fruited on cake
    #2571551 -

Malabar ala PF Tek jars, using "Lazy Mofo Spawn Bags."

1 PF Tek, multi-spore, using 1yr old TLG Malabar syringe.

1:2 ratio (colonized to uncolonized) of spawn into gallon freezer bags. Incubator was running too hot, had to incubate for about a week to be sure. Broke up 2-3x during the week to be sure of colonization.

Used 8" x 8" aluminum bake pan dealio, put down just under a half inch of sterile, moist verm on the top and bottom of the substrate. Packed loosely, incubated for the above mentioned week.

Scraped the verm layer off, dunked/cold shocked for about 20 hours.

Put in fruiting chamber, which is just a rubbermaid, some perlite, and a plexiglas lid. Temperatures are in the low 70's most of the time, humidity around 80% according to the radio shack gauge. Moisture is present on the walls and on the plexiglas lid, so RH is probably closer to 90%.

Not REAL sure of total time spent before I started to see pins, but it was at least a week.

This malabar strain I'm working with, has a tendency to abort/mutate on cakes, does well on flatcakes/casings, etc.

I started seeing first signs of primordia about 2 days ago.

These are pictures starting last night at midnight, til today noon.

12 hours and showing lots of growth. I'll try to update every 12 hours. I'm hoping for a ~200gram first flush. That's a low estimate based on current yields. We'll see.






--------------------
Procrastination is like masturbation, it's fun until you realize you are only screwing yourself.

Edited by neuro (01/12/05 01:31 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Malabar Flatcake Pics [Re: u4ia] * 1
    #2571595 -

Nice Job,looking foward to updates.


--------------------
Butternut squash are softer than acorn or other types of squash, which makes them easier to cut and prepare.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Malabar Flatcake Pics [Re: u4ia]
    #2571613 -

Nice pinset, man.


--------------------
All of my posts are completely hypothetical.

www.haCash.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Malabar Flatcake Pics [Re: u4ia]
    #2572202 -

Why are those flat cakes touching the perlite?
Get some tinfoil and put it under them.


--------------------
Penalties against drug use should not be more damaging to an individual than the use of the drug itself. Nowhere is this more clear than in the laws against the possession of marijuana and mushrooms in private for personal use.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Malabar Flatcake Pics [Re: TheDrugStore]
    #2572865 -

I have better results when the first flush touches the perlite.

WAY heavier first flushes. After the first flush, they get some protection against the perlite.


--------------------
Procrastination is like masturbation, it's fun until you realize you are only screwing yourself.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Malabar Flatcake Pics [Re: ButterNut]
    #2573013 -

good job on the pinset and special note to butter nut squash's username and title (touch?, on the killer signature)


--------------------
(the key-strokes that have completed everything ever typed on this user name have been a random coincidence, except for the words in this notation)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Malabar Flatcake Pics [Re: MycoGlowFlow]
    #2575539 -

24 hours after the last pic.

Might be ready to harvest in another 24 hours or so. I'm excited.

The bigger ones are about 4" tall, most are right around 2-3"

A bit smaller than I expected, but good quantity, so I'm happy.



--------------------
Procrastination is like masturbation, it's fun until you realize you are only screwing yourself.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Malabar Flatcake Pics [Re: u4ia]
    #2579948 -

Done!

Total weight = 211grams, after sitting on the paper towels for a half hour. Solid stems, etc. They turned out nice, I was expecting bigger mushies, but the quantity made up for it.

I'm fighting with this Malabar strain, not really doing what I've seen from other people.

I guess for a first flush, from the equiv of 3 PF Tek half pinters ain't bad. I was expecting more from some reason though, time to start fucking with straw.







--------------------
Procrastination is like masturbation, it's fun until you realize you are only screwing yourself.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Malabar Flatcake Pics [Re: u4ia]
    #2579970 -

Fuggin aye man! Nice grow. Have you cased Malabars yet?


--------------------
"I suggest we ... learn to love our ... selves before it ... becomes illegal."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Malabar Flatcake Pics [Re: daywalker]
    #2580041 -

Nah, I don't case per say. I just use this method. Works best for me. Case while incubating, , scrape off and dunk, birth like that. I get pinsets like the above all the time.

I really think flatcakes are the way to go with BRF, too much stress while trying to grow through the casing layer seems to stall the fruits out a bunch.

I haven't done much with bulks, but all my flatcakes have been roughly the same pinset. I just haven't contributed much back to the community in about a year, so I'm back to help.

I wish I could have fit all of these on the scale. For the picture of course.

These Malabars sometimes have a weak-ER first flush. The 2nd dunk and cold shock really does good things for them. Removes a few mutants (which are way more prominent on cakes).


--------------------
Procrastination is like masturbation, it's fun until you realize you are only screwing yourself.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Malabar Flatcake Pics [Re: u4ia]
    #2580077 -

I hear ya about the BRF being easier to manage in solid form.

You definitely have it down, but Mals on cased grains/bulk would be worth it!

Nice grow here, man.


--------------------
"I suggest we ... learn to love our ... selves before it ... becomes illegal."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Psilocybe cubensis "Ecuador" PF-Tek
( 1 2 3 all )
Demon53 20,523 41 09/12/02 01:11 AM
by VividDreams
* Psilocybe cubensis "Ecuador" PF-Tek cased
( 1 2 all )
SakTheSac 13,323 38 12/02/02 06:11 PM
by SakTheSac
* Psilocybe cubensis "Equador" PF-Tek cased dialect 6,605 7 08/29/02 05:21 PM
by Snobrdr311
* Psilocybe cubensis on manure/straw compost, cased with 50/50+
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Eightball 41,195 81 03/17/04 07:56 PM
by limpbizkit3768
* Psilocybe cubensis "F+" on horse manure
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Joshua 20,304 61 07/31/02 09:29 PM
by Joshua
* Psilocybe Cubensis "Creepers" PF-Tek cased
( 1 2 3 4 all )
houshroom 17,228 63 11/06/03 01:41 PM
by Anonymous
* Psilocybe cubensis [indean, gulf caost] alien cakes, in hydropod.
( 1 2 all )
logical 24,761 36 09/09/02 02:06 AM
by logical
* Psilocybe cubensis on horse dung.
( 1 2 all )
fungor 11,852 27 12/15/02 05:04 PM
by nilobject

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Ythan, Anno, Thor, Link, Seuss
13,039 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 17 queries.