Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
organized religion= loss of appreciation
    #884060 - 09/15/02 09:04 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

everyone gets their panties in a twist arguing over religion. I think that humans problem is that we can't imagine the world outside of our human perspective. what is a trees perception and what would the world mean to you? it wouldn't seem like anything but you would still exist. go to a natural wild forrest or nature preserve and look around at your surroundings. look at the complexity and the variety. everything that you see came to be and evolved, living and non-living, from non-human perspective, non-conscious existence. the universe is constantly evolving and everything that it creates is created without intention and without consciousness. It just is. We as humans lose appreciation of the magnitude of existence and being. we have lost our appreciation to what it means in a universe that has no consciousness to evolved to have a consciousness. religion tries to interpret why things are the way they are using simple minded man made theories that just dont hold true in a non-human universe. Religious people dont see the true nature of existence and take it and the complexity of reality for granted.

i really dont think i interpretted what i really wanted to say due to my limited vocabulary and writing ability. im just trying to interpret a revelation that cant really be put into words. but feel free to bash.(like anybody wouldn't)

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

Edited by 1stimer (09/15/02 09:09 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: organized religion= loss of appreciation [Re: 1stimer]
    #884073 - 09/15/02 09:06 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Evolution?

Hardly.

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
Re: organized religion= loss of appreciation [Re: ]
    #884092 - 09/15/02 09:11 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

evolution. what do you mean hardly?

evolution is the change in something over time wether its a species or a rock. not evolution in the strict biological definition.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

Anonymous

Re: organized religion= loss of appreciation [Re: 1stimer]
    #884115 - 09/15/02 09:19 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Then a better term might be 'change'. The word evolution connotes biological speciation in most instances.

Cheers,

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology