Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinepalmersc
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Arkansas
Christianity is Spiritual * 1
    #7533763 - 10/19/07 12:35 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

It's not about just trying to follow rules. It's not a dead doctrine which stunts the growth of an individual. It's not just some religion to take refuge in if you want to stop thinking.

There are people here that claim to be spiritual and don't even believe in spirit.

The communication that takes place between a true believer and God is entirely spiritual. The love and communion that takes place is what I yearn for more than anything else. It is a love which has no bounds.

I am the type of person that could sit and meditate in silence everyday for hours and enjoy it. I didn't believe in spirits, but I sat there and enjoyed myself. It was pretty one sided.

I practiced no manipulation or resistance to what is. Looking back I am guessing that by doing this I was inviting the presence of any spirit as long as it didn't try to ruin my one sided self centered existence.

I enjoyed playing with my time this way until things hit the fan and I bumped into the real deal. It took an encounter with the spiritual realm to show me that the way I was going about things was not in my best interest. If I could convey what exactly happened, we'd see eye to eye.

So once you are exposed to this realm, God's existence is not in question. The only question is how do I get myself out of this mess? After much suffering, I finally came to see it God's way. I'm not calling the shots.

Since then a two way relationship has emerged, and I too feel estranged from those who claim to be Christian who don't know what a relationship like this is.

Instead of sitting in silence by myself, I can sit and talk with God for hours. He rains down his love on me and brings me a joy which I have never known. I am only beginning to realize what unconditional love is.

We couldn't have this relationship when I wanted to be the center of creation and pretend to be God. We couldn't have this relationship when I wasn't willing to take a knee and and come with a sense of thanksgiving.

I didn't become a follower of Christ because of my great faith. He gave me faith when I needed it most.

I am only as strong as my time spent alone in prayer because I can't walk alone any longer. I realize that our creator wants a relationship with us like parents want with their children.

Coming out of the darkness was the most painful thing I've ever done. It is very humbling, and once you get out into the light and become willing to turn from the old dark path, do the real trials begin.

The light cannot stand darkness, so it is now a practice of letting the light touch the dark hardened parts of my heart. I am learning my place in existence.

It makes me sad to see Jesus mocked because of apathetic hypocritical Christians. When you come to know Jesus, it is the most beautiful spiritual thing. If it is real, it should not be dead and mindlessly preaching doctrine.

I cannot transmit faith to you. I didn't manufacture it myself. I pray that God moves on this board and that He gets glory for Himself in whatever way that be.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMiddlemanM

Re: Christianity is Spiritual [Re: palmersc]
    #7533894 - 10/19/07 01:53 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Nice post.

I respect your views, but I suggest you further your research.

The Christ is real, but his name sure ain't Jesus...

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: Christianity is Spiritual [Re: Middleman]
    #7534186 - 10/19/07 05:34 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Middleman said:
Nice post.

I respect your views, but I suggest you further your research.

The Christ is real, but his name sure ain't Jesus...

Right. Iesus (Greek), Y'shua (Hebrew) or Issa (Aramaic).

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#7534349 - 10/19/07 07:19 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Native Americans had a "scapegoat" sacrifice for thousands of years...

They would capture the fiercest bear they could find, tie it up, and whisper the taboos they had broken (their "sins") into it's ear.

They then pierced it's side and drank it's blood before killing it and eating it's body.

Interesting...

"Sin" was the ancient Sumerian / Babylonian / Arabic word for the Moon, also interesting.

It's been Aten vs. Amon all along, Sun vs. Sin... keep digging.

OfflineBoots
Disenchanted
Male

Loc: Northwood, Ohio, U.S.A.
Re: Christianity is Spiritual [Re: Middleman]
    #7534415 - 10/19/07 07:43 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I envy Christians for their ability to have such unwavering devotion to an entity that may or may not exist.

InvisibleZShroom
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Christianity is Spiritual [Re: Boots]
    #7534505 - 10/19/07 08:39 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

fuck that, christians dont believe in dinosaurs or the geico caveman!:rofl:

--------------------

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

#7534515 - 10/19/07 08:46 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Interesting post, though a bit vague in one respect, so I'm not sure how to reply. If you can provide additional information by answering a simple question, it would make things clear for me.

Would a rose by another name still smell so sweet?

Thanks in advance, and please know that though I may or may not agree with your post in it's totality, I will not attempt to question the validity of your experience.

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free."
~Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Edited by Rahz (10/19/07 08:47 AM)

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #7534520 - 10/19/07 08:50 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

The communication that takes place between a true believer and God is entirely spiritual.

I feel the same way about my dog Frankie.:thumbup: Except for the fact  there is some evidence for my dog actually being around.

I pray that God moves on this board and that He gets glory for Himself in whatever way that be.

And I pray that folk who think we all need their fucking made up God to make our life worthwhile just because theres ain't will go to a Christian forum and quit mucking up P&S, or at lest post this undebatable non-sense in the Mystery forum.:whoa:

Have a nice day.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Edited by Icelander (10/19/07 08:51 AM)

InvisibleZShroom
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Christianity is Spiritual [Re: Icelander]
    #7534529 - 10/19/07 08:54 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

:rofl2:

--------------------

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
Re: Christianity is Spiritual [Re: ZShroom]
    #7534685 - 10/19/07 09:51 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Why worship Christ and not someone else? Why not worship Ghandi?

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
Re: Christianity is Spiritual [Re: Droz]
    #7534692 - 10/19/07 09:52 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Why worship? :what:

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

InvisibleZShroom
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#7534700 - 10/19/07 09:55 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

so palmersc, u think that u were born not good enough and must change because u were born a sinner.
I think i was born better than i ever will be and people like u with ur beliefs instill hatred and evil in the world. I am just fine without you and ur people telling me i am not good enough! thanks thou maybe someone will believe ur book of grownup fairytails

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #7534762 - 10/19/07 10:21 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Droz said:
Why worship Christ and not someone else? Why not worship Ghandi?

God is worshipped by being in Christ. Being in Christ is what the whole New Testament is about, not 'worshipping' Christ. Being in Christ is a Present state of Being and has little to do with the man Iesus whose name and form became identified with the Logos. St. Paul speaks about 'having the mind of Christ.' This means having the mind of Logos, which in the words of R.M. Bucke, in the year 1900 translated into "Cosmic Consciousness."

One can place Christ [Consciousness] on a pedestal in the symbol of a cross, crucifix, bread & wine, fish, alpha & omega, or any other number of symbols, and kneel before them, or one can enter into the mind of Christ at any moment and experience degrees of [comm]union with omnipresent Being (which is God's immanence).

The Christian tradition calls the 'anointed' state of Being Christos, Christ. It is the mind of the Logos. It was the Hellenistic Jewish author called John that made this identification of Christ with Logos. One defintion of Logos is 'Word,' another identification of John's. John however, did not originate the idea of Logos, it originated with Greek philosophers and was explicated by the Hellenistic Jewish philosopher Philo of Alexandria who was a contemporary of Iesus.

Anyway, it is about 'Being in Christ,' not worshipping Christ, where Christ is the 'anointed' state of Being. In the eastern traditions it is called Enlightenment. The common misunderstanding and misuse of the word 'Christ' as referring to the man Iesus who so epitomized the divinely (i.e., transcendental)
state that He became known as Iesus Christ, or Iesus the Christ which is a tad better, causes most people to picture the archetypal long-haired bearded image of the 1st century itinerant teacher. For St. Paul, the very 'architect' of Christianity, he never knew or spoke of the man Iesus as someone to be worshipped, he spoke of 'Christ Iesus' to refer to that particular manifestation or vehicle of Christhood (among others!). Most importantly, Paul never spoke of bodily resurrections like the tomb narratives do (which were written years after Paul wrote). It is about Being in the 'anointed' state, the mind of Christ, of the Logos, God's Immanence "in whom we live and move and have our being."

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Edited by MarkostheGnostic (10/19/07 10:53 AM)

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: Christianity is Spiritual [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #7534873 - 10/19/07 10:54 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

God is worshipped by being in Christ.

Right, so you can choose to believe what ever helps you to "be in" the fullness of your being. My only real problem with the common Christian is their belief that theirs is the only path to salvation or whatever. That is just arrogant non-sense and fear based delusion. I was severely abused with this ugliness as a child so now I like to hunt these people down and shoot holes in there non-sense when ever possible. I would prefer that others not endure this crap because no one stood up to their, IMO, self-defeating LIES.

--------------------

Edited by Icelander (10/19/07 10:55 AM)

InvisibleZShroom
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#7534886 - 10/19/07 10:57 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, i mean my uncle is a christian leader for his church, I want some things I can use to shoot holes in his beliefs without being rude and hurtful. I know u got something for me icelander

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: Christianity is Spiritual [Re: ZShroom]
    #7534908 - 10/19/07 11:03 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

As long as he leaves it in church you have no problems.

If he bugs you tell him you know he's right but you really just love SATAN and there isn't a fucking thing he or you can do about it. Then scream really loud in his face. FUCK YOUR JESUS,SATAN AND HIS MINIONS WILL RULE ALL!:hellfire: This would most likely scare him off of bugging you. If it doesn't work then PM me. We can mock his beliefs with some bible verses.:thumbup:

--------------------

Edited by Icelander (10/19/07 11:03 AM)

InvisibleZShroom
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#7534915 - 10/19/07 11:04 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

:rofl2::rofl:nice

--------------------

Offlinepalmersc
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Christianity is Spiritual [Re: Rahz] * 1
    #7534940 - 10/19/07 11:12 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Rahz said:
Would a rose by another name still smell so sweet?

The name Jesus holds a lot of power in the spiritual realm. When fending off evil spirits, it is the only thing that offers protection in my experience.

I can understand what many think when I mention spirits. This forum should be called philosophy, or maybe I need a better definition of spirituality.

Because what I've seen is a war going on for souls here on earth. The proud who see no reason to worship like I did are treading in some dangerous waters. If you saw somebody drowning, you would offer help.

Icelander.... I don't know if you know how real what Castaneda is talking about is. The spiritual realm is more real than anything you can see here. Castaneda cannot be debated either. I'm talking about having an encounter with what he calls the nagual. It's some serious stuff, and I don't doubt those tales of power. I do doubt the teaching's integrity.

What I found in navigating through my own confusion is there are two different types of wisdom. Head and heart wisdom. Get a big head and lose your heart, and sure I won't doubt you can do some dark things. But the Father calls on those who have hearts of children.

15Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

You will know Castaneda by his fruits. It's obvious what type of tree that man was by looking at his relationships with others.

13Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

The gate is indeed narrow. I used to hear about the gateless gate, but that is a bunch of nonsense. If you think you have found the gateless gate, you are on the broad road my friend. When you find the gate, you know. All confusion vanishes and your standing on rock.

It's not necessary to dabble with the occult.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#7534963 - 10/19/07 11:22 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

All you are doing is babbling non-sense. You provide no evidence of anything you say. My guess is thinking like this is suffering a mental illness and is delusional. The beginning stages of being nuts but societies version of "normal" This is fertile ground for the Christian message. :sheepie:

By the way. BOO!  :batboy:

--------------------

Offlinepalmersc
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Christianity is Spiritual [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #7534980 - 10/19/07 11:30 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Jesus is meant to be worshiped, and a couple of times it mentions him being worshiped in the flesh.

Clearly you are twisting the words of Paul to meet your agenda. I flipped through only a few pages before I saw him speak of Jesus as much more than an enlightened man.

19And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
20Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
21Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
22And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
23Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

-Ephesians 1:19 - 1:23

Edited by palmersc (10/19/07 11:31 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order