Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: Why do you think Christians are the most inspected and denounced people in this forum? [Re: CherryBom]
    #3435416 - 12/02/04 01:03 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

For me, I denounced what Christianity meant to my family and other members of church.  I decided I wasn't here to reform people and save them and get them to heaven.

Instead, I decided that I was here to serve God in the capacity in which I believed He wanted me to serve Him.

I became an attorney because I believed that was what God wanted me to do, based on various "signs" throughout my life. 

In the meantime, I will share with people my beliefs, without telling them that they have to believe what I believe. 

I wish I could say what I want to say, but I think it will come out wrong.  I am the same as anyone else.  I am the same as a nonbeliever, and I am the same as someone who goes to Africa to preach the bible.

The nonbeliever sins, and so does the person who preaches the bible in Africa.  Sin is sin, regardless if it is stealing penny-candy or murdering somone.

So I am not going to condemn a murderer, but I am also not going to steal penny-candy. 

And because I simply believe in God, because I do my best to serve Him in spite of my sinful nature, I believe that God loves me.  In fact, I think God actually gets a kick out of me, similar to the kick He got out of King David, who was a sinner, but who was a man after God's own heart. 

It's like, "Hell yeah, come on God!  Let's go shoot pool!  And I really like you, ya know?"  Now, God may think pool halls are the den of iniquity, but even Jesus ate with sinners (tax collectors). 

It's like He understands that I may need to go play pool, and there aren't always the best people or situations there, but that my heart is good, so no matter what I end up doing, He will help me with it, somehow. 

I'm so rambling.  :grin:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: Why do you think Christians are the most inspected and denounced people in this forum? [Re: Cyber]
    #3444138 - 12/04/04 12:54 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

nice thread.

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder