Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: lsd=god appealing to a materialistic society [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #7009343 -

true... Sacredness must imply responsibility and respect, and IMO a completely different attitude than most people I know have.

I was partying last weekend with some old friends who werent ever into this kind of thing, and they started asking me about drugs like they always do (they kind of think im crazy) :lol:, and its hard to say anything at all. Couldnt bring myself to recommend something I would consider sacred, nor could I tell them to stay away from it.:confused:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lsd=god appealing to a materialistic society [Re: daytripper23]
    #7009356 -

Alan Watts described the effects of DMT as “Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Fire.”

:lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lsd=god appealing to a materialistic society [Re: daytripper23]
    #7009366 -

i felt it was very blasphemous to call LSD lsd, or furthermore drug

i could scarcely bring myself to do it, but an explanation of my state of mind was asked.

so i said "it seems profane to say anything of the sort"

because the consciousness is what it is, not a product..... though it .... is ... a product :x

but it is profane to view it as "drug"


--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Edited by leery11 (06/04/07 07:24 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lsd=god appealing to a materialistic society [Re: daytripper23]
    #7009414 -

Quote:
Couldnt bring myself to recommend something I would consider sacred, nor could I tell them to stay away from it.:confused:



I know exactly how that feels :lol:
There's nothing to say... or better yet... I think that telling them mot to try it is the best alternative... That's what I do lately anyways :shrug:


--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lsd=god appealing to a materialistic society [Re: EllisDSox]
    #7009522 -

EllisDSox said:
You're not exactly going to have a mind blowing trip then decide you need a £500 jacket to be fashionable. Unless you're an eejit, that is.



It's funny, but psilocybin made me think just the opposite of this.

In my view, humans are inherently greedy.  We always want more stuff, and we always have.  It's a primal urge, easily observed in any child.

The same could be said of sex.  We all tend to want sex.  For centuries, however, our various cultures have told us to differing degrees that we shouldn't actually want sex, whether through the vehicle of religion, or other means.

Only very recently have we come to accept that a primal desire (sex) is not inherently wrong, and while some aspects (rape, molestation) still need to be avoided, it's usually okay to want and seek out sexual contact.

Similarly, I wouldn't be surprised if, down the road, we come to accept that material greed is a primal desire hardwired into our brains the way sexual attraction is.  Wanting a smaller iPod with more storage space than your neighbor isn't wrong, it's natural.  It's how you respond to the desire (theft vs. hard work) that matters.

Who knows, maybe I'm one of the people MushroomTrip wishes would stay away from psychadelics? :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lsd=god appealing to a materialistic society [Re: Economist]
    #7009544 -

Quote:
Who knows, maybe I'm one of the people MushroomTrip wishes would stay away from psychadelics? :wink:



Acceptance is the key to solving any issue, so what makes you think I'd advice you to stay away from them?


--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lsd=god appealing to a materialistic society [Re: Economist]
    #7009562 -

I think the point is if you're tripping you really don't care if your fridge is not fully stocked with Cristal in order to impress your guests.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lsd=god appealing to a materialistic society [Re: LedHead]
    #7009578 -

I think psychidelics, in general, help people realize what their status is while in this world.

psychidelics help remove the head from the asshole. mushrooms and lsd... havn't done DMT but I'm sure it as well.

anything that doesn't retard your thought process and can get you to a level of thinking where you have a big picture of what's going on... or just be oblivious then that's another story.

To say LSD, in particular, is a strong statement and very bias. maybe YOUR experience has led you to that. My experiences with mushrooms have led me to that. so yeah.


--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lsd=god appealing to a materialistic society [Re: Left Nut City]
    #7009587 -

@MushroomTrip

I just couldn't decide whether or not I fit into the category of people you were talking about in this post:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/7009310#Post7009310

Left Nut City said:
I think the point is if you're tripping you really don't care if your fridge is not fully stocked with Cristal in order to impress your guests.



Perhaps, but what about your own desire to drink fine drinks? Certainly some people are materialistic for the purpose of being popular, but then, some people use psychadelics to become popular too.

I would ask what about your desire to have a truly nice car, or nice house, for your own personal enjoyment. Who doesn't want a computer that's a little bit faster, or food that tastes a little bit better? Not for anyone else, but for your own personal enjoyment.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lsd=god appealing to a materialistic society [Re: Left Nut City]
    #7009602 -

Left Nut City said:
I think the point is if you're tripping you really don't care if your fridge is not fully stocked with Cristal in order to impress your guests.



How does that relate to what he said?
I think you're talking about different things.
When tripping, one can realize what's going on his "day to day" mind :shrug:
That's one of the great qualities psychedelics have, they make you more aware not only of the fluffy clouds but also some inconvenient truths.


--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lsd=god appealing to a materialistic society [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #7009621 -

Perhaps I am not getting the point.

I will shut up now.


  :mjdance:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
The middle path [Re: Economist]
    #7009698 -

Economist said:
@MushroomTrip

I just couldn't decide whether or not I fit into the category of people you were talking about in this post:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/7009310#Post7009310

Left Nut City said:
I think the point is if you're tripping you really don't care if your fridge is not fully stocked with Cristal in order to impress your guests.



Perhaps, but what about your own desire to drink fine drinks? Certainly some people are materialistic for the purpose of being popular, but then, some people use psychadelics to become popular too.

I would ask what about your desire to have a truly nice car, or nice house, for your own personal enjoyment. Who doesn't want a computer that's a little bit faster, or food that tastes a little bit better? Not for anyone else, but for your own personal enjoyment.



Who doesn't want that?
It's a commodity that we acknowledge as being very helpful.
I don't know, but I think that technological development is awesome and that we should take advantage of it.
As long as we don't fuck things up and know how to effectively make use of it. We can use all that technology in extremely constructive ways and still enjoy life without denying the pleasures we find on the material side.
Does that make us less aware? No.
What makes us less aware is abuse. Which could be not only material, but also spiritual. It's the same thing.
It's all good as long as we keep a balance.


--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lsd=god appealing to a materialistic society [Re: Left Nut City]
    #7009712 -

Left Nut City said:
Perhaps I am not getting the point.

I will shut up now.


  :mjdance:



Someone's feeling cranky today :lol:


--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lsd=god appealing to a materialistic society [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #7009728 -

Not cranky.  If I were you would've seen this:

:crankey:


:uptosomething:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lsd=god appealing to a materialistic society [Re: Left Nut City]
    #7009817 -

Sorry... I misunderstood then :lol:


--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lsd=god appealing to a materialistic society [Re: Economist]
    #7009850 -

Well mushrooms have been extremely motivating for me, and i dont think it was a bad thing. Maybe as a capatalist, your naturally inclined to seek fullfilment in this way, and I would not assume its much different than other paths, all of which take place in the mind.

One of the basic things psychedelics taught me was about the impulse and addiction. My initial reaction was asceticism (and im still kind of hanging around there) but I really think you shouldnt completely deny your impulses. Isnt what all that being in the present moment hoopla about? Being able to be completely impulsive, and in the moment, but not spinning out of control?

I think living in America where we're so influenced by a combination of capitalism and christianity its just to easy to become addicted to materialism. Combined, these two attitudes/philosophies are very menacing to someone who gets into psychedelics in my experience.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lsd=god appealing to a materialistic society [Re: daytripper23]
    #7009893 -

i don't think being in the present is about impulses necessarily

----_-----_-----_------_
the impulsed person is very chopped up at the whims of very trivial desires all organized by superficial cognitive programs remniscent of televised commercial programmed attention span

one who is in the present erodes those kinks in the line
----------_---------_------------_----------_
and when they erode enough it causes a feedback loop
(--------------------)_(--------------------)_
and eternity is experienced as one loses any anchors to the devices of the matrix, as time is just a social construct
and so when one is relatively free of kinks, that is, time anchors, that is, mental programs inherited from the matrix
------------------------_---------------------------_
they don't have a lot of impulses. they do what they will but it just that to be aligned with NOW is to be free from all the distractions, and when you free yourself you realize most of them aren't worth doing

so most people that are oriented that way are quite humble and selfless

the difference between chimpanzee and yogi
but chimpanzee is a human being with lots of kinks
-----_------_-----_--------_
keeping him craving something
in the sway of some odd force

and yogi has overcome a lot of it.

see the NOW of someone jacked up on caffeine or playing too many video games is super fast
with so many opportunities for movement it is like
---_-----_--_-_-_----_---_
and each one is just begging him DO SOMETHING STIMULATING

take it for what you will


--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Edited by leery11 (06/04/07 09:13 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LSD=god appealing to a materialistic society [Re: leery11]
    #7010192 -

I used to be very impulsive, the way you describe, and I wasn't particularly in an enlightened state of mind. I was very monkeyish. I wasn't implying that it is all that there is to achieving enlightenment. Now that Ive got a couple years of psychedelics under my belt, I rationalize way too much and am no longer in the moment, and paranoid, so guess I was externalizing this to a certain extent. This is what Ive been trying to do recently, to get back to being impulsive.

I used to trip around my pets all the time and it made me think about this. There is something absolutely magnificent and respectful about them, that when compared with the egoic states of people, just sometimes makes them seem just perfect. But then every once in a while through some kind of subtle action or something, something would completely repulse me of them, although I'm not sure what or why. I'm not sure that an animal, in its complete impulsiveness, can love in a true sense. Buddha hood isn't just becoming an animal.


Or maybe not...Maybe the complexity of humanity is completely and utterly meaningless, and being is the only thing that really matters. Also I kind of find it hard to talk about enlightenment, because I know I'm riding on so many assumptions at this point, trying to describe something that Ive only possibly felt in vague flashes. Hope that made some sort of sense, I'm a little stupored right now.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lsd=god appealing to a materialistic society [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #7010642 -

MushroomTrip said:
Left Nut City said:
I think the point is if you're tripping you really don't care if your fridge is not fully stocked with Cristal in order to impress your guests.



How does that relate to what he said?
I think you're talking about different things.
When tripping, one can realize what's going on his "day to day" mind :shrug:
That's one of the great qualities psychedelics have, they make you more aware not only of the fluffy clouds but also some inconvenient truths.



tis true


--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* .
( 1 2 all )
HarveyWalbanger 3,215 29 10/03/02 08:37 PM
by infidelGOD
* Religion and God
( 1 2 3 all )
RandalFlagg 4,361 40 09/19/03 01:49 PM
by Clover
* Society's Pressure on Fat People
( 1 2 3 all )
fireworks_godS 6,355 53 09/27/03 02:03 PM
by Scarfmeister
* Thou shalt have no other gods before Me
( 1 2 3 all )
falcon 3,951 41 09/16/03 01:17 PM
by gnrm23
* Do You Believe In God?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
EffedS 7,249 92 09/08/03 09:58 AM
by Clover
* The Fireworks_God Challenge
( 1 2 all )
fireworks_godS 2,119 25 01/08/10 04:52 PM
by Poid
* Is a massive LSD trip in order?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Tasty_Smurf_House 6,085 61 09/27/03 08:26 PM
by CosmicJoke
* Dass, LSD, Omniscience, Truth, Experience
( 1 2 all )
World Spirit 4,769 34 07/18/03 08:26 AM
by MarkostheGnostic

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
3,533 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 28 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.003 seconds on 15 queries.