Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Spirituality AANNDD Philosophy
    #3805824 -

Ccan we address this right now? Air it out? This forum is called Spirituality and Philosophy (sorry for the constant repetition). perhaps if it were called S and/or P people wouldn't be so confused... however I doubt it.

I mean, you'll be goin along, posting in some threads and so forth, and suddenly you'll notice someone attacking (for want of a better word) your views, or your style of putting them forth, because they (your views) aren't 'spiritual' enough or 'enlightened' enough, or you have too much 'ego' or some shit.

remember, not everyone is here for the same reasons you are. probably no one is here for those reasons. for example, I am not here because I think it will help me along my 'spiritual path'. (I get the impression some other people are here for that reason.) if I were on such a path, I'd probably spend less time on the internet talking to other geeks. right? instead, I am here because I like communicating in the format of a forum, and I like this particular forum. that's all really.

sometimes, conversation takes the form of spiritual discussion, and sometimes philosophical discussion. sometimes people who have more education in either spirituality or philosophy will smash my arguments down simply because they (my arguments) aren't graceful enough, and sometimes I do that to other people. sometimes everyone is very level-headed, and the discussion generates a lot of information and instruction.

oh man, blah blah. my point is, leave your friggin expectations at the door, because the only way to be disappointed is to have expectations.

(sorry, I didn't think this post out beforehand at all)

(PS: I just realized that in a way, I am guilty of what I am denouncing. some people are here because they think everyone is here for the same reason, and I should respect that... or should I? nah.)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spirituality AANNDD Philosophy [Re: Zekebomb]
    #3805881 -

"I like communicating in the format of a forum"-

Yes, spirits communicate more readily on a two dimensional plane without third dimensional distractions.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spirituality AANNDD Philosophy [Re: Zekebomb]
    #3806187 -

Are you saying that S&P is NOT the Swami and Phluck Forum?


--------------------



The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spirituality AANNDD Philosophy [Re: Swami]
    #3806190 -

No no no.

It's the Skorpivo & Pals forum. :cool:



--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spirituality AANNDD Philosophy [Re: Zekebomb]
    #3806635 -

Great point. The best post I have seen here today.


--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spirituality AANNDD Philosophy [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3806834 -

It is a good post! I remember when I first came here talking bout this and and that, I also let myself get caught up in what would be called egoic banter. Someone PM'd me asking what I was doing and said I was straying from my path. I was like "what path am I on prey tell?"

I'm on a no path path to various unknown parts of myself, like and dark.

I got to thinking, one week in and people have expectations and projected paths I am suppose to be on? Then I got to thinking, if I don't meet others expectations of me, am I going to get PMs about how I am not holding up to their expectations?

Screw that! All you can can do is remember to come here being you, people are going to love ya or hate ya or are indifferent let it be.

Sometimes, I want to turn up my heart light and sometimes, I want to dim it for a change of ambiance and experience. Sometimes, I want to be serious and sometimes, I want to play.

Zeke, you kick ass just as you are, everyone does. I appreciate the great diversity of personalities and perspectives here so much, no one change for the sake of anyone but your own benefit and choosing!

Besides, forced change to please others never works, and ends up in resentment and a back slide. The only worthwhile change is one that just happens naturally of due course.


--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spirituality AANNDD Philosophy [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3806930 -

nice post jiggy, unfortunately most people don't have this integrated in their brain.

zeke, concerning the topic at hand, i just want to say that, as i have said once before, before being spiritual beings, we had to be intellectual beings, that's why philosophy precedes spirituality in the history of evolution. philosophy leads to spirituality in the long run. sorry if this doesn't make sense,i had a bit too much red wine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spirituality AANNDD Philosophy [Re: Zekebomb]
    #3807254 -

Zekebomb said:
my point is, leave your friggin expectations at the door, because the only way to be disappointed is to have expectations.



You *could* have shortened your whole post down to this simple Philosophy....  Right now this is my philosophy (or a close variant of it), and has been for a long time.... 

"Hope for the best, and expect the worse - that way you can never be disappointed...."

>^;;^<


:sun:


--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spirituality AANNDD Philosophy [Re: exclusive58]
    #3808231 -

exclusive58 said:
......as i have said once before, before being spiritual beings, we had to be intellectual beings, that's why philosophy precedes spirituality in the history of evolution. philosophy leads to spirituality in the long run. sorry if this doesn't make sense,i had a bit too much red wine





I thought it was the other was around.

First we were spiritual, then we became intelligent and "forgot" the spirit. Now we are trying to re-incorporate the spirit with our intelligence

Aren't all the animals on the planet spiritual? Aren't they more "in tune" with their environment than us "enlightened" humans?

I believe that we started out as spiritual creatures, then thru our intelligence, we tried to "logically" understand our spirituality, by inventing "gods" to help us understand our spiritual side.

The problem with these "invented gods" is they really never let you know what they want from us.(cause they aren't real).

Now we have become a highly intelligent species. We try to apply "reason and logic" to spiritual issues, that never quite fit, because we have drifted away from our "true" spiritual path. We desperately try to "get in touch" with our spiritual side but have trouble letting go of "reason and logic"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spirituality AANNDD Philosophy [Re: niteowl]
    #3808509 -

Aren't all the animals on the planet spiritual? Aren't they more "in tune" with their environment than us "enlightened" humans?

would you rather be a human or an animal? be honest.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spirituality AANNDD Philosophy [Re: Zekebomb]
    #3808820 -

I know I was not asked here, but I wouldn't give up being myself (human) for the world....  It would be very neat to sing and fly like a bird, or swim and play like a dolphin, or be a dog and lick my EEEeehhh, or simply be lazy like a cat....  :wink:    But, I am happy in who I am, and who I have become....  I am glad to be able to understand others, and whip up some sort of creativity....  And the love of family, and home....  Plus the good ole' home cooking....  Wouldn't trade any of it for the world....    :noway:

>^;;^<


:sun:


--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spirituality AANNDD Philosophy [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3809166 -

I think it's a fallacy to confuse animal 'enlightenment' with human 'enlightenment'... (to invoke a big name, Ken Wilber called it the "pre/trans fallacy" I think.) like, the 'oneness' and lack of ego a cow experiences is qualitatively different from the 'oneness' and lack of ego which comes to a human being as the culmination of spiritual exertion, or whatever.

I'm not sure if the phrase "qualitatively different" implies a value judgement necessarily, but if I'm put on the spot I'll admit to making one.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spirituality AANNDD Philosophy [Re: Zekebomb]
    #3809195 -

Cows....?    They certainly must have spirituality....  Ever heard the term "Holy Cows"....?    :lol:


>^;;^<


:sun:


--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spirituality AANNDD Philosophy [Re: Zekebomb]
    #3809395 -

Zekebomb said:
would you rather be a human or an animal? be honest.



Last time I checked humans were still animals.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spirituality AANNDD Philosophy [Re: Lizard_King]
    #3809407 -

woah, good point my man. I'm so idiot. please note, however, I was only using the language with which I was provided:

Aren't all the animals on the planet spiritual? Aren't they more "in tune" with their environment than us "enlightened" humans? - niteowl

it pays to be vigilant, or something. okay, lemme rephrase:

would you rather have access to human intelligence and culturally-accumulated knowledge, or not?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spirituality AANNDD Philosophy [Re: Zekebomb]
    #3809460 -

And if you had to be an animal (besides homosapient), what animal would you be? (the most rediculous job interview question I've ever been asked)

P.S. I like the diversity of this forum. I have to admit, I've been too affected by some responses that I've recieved to my posts, and then I realize, 'what the hell am I doing, I'm taking this too seriously'

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spirituality AANNDD Philosophy [Re: soulmotion]
    #3809682 -

but a human is an animal, isn't we? ; whats up fishman\b

befitting of my romanesque name, i must suggest the innate

and disconcerting possibility of superterrestrial organization/influences

at work. but you know what? i think you've asked a good question:

would you rather be a human or an animal? -because, if you'd rather

not be animal, just what would you identify as your option? where would

you live? me, i like it here. i like this sphere; grew up here...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spirituality AANNDD Philosophy [Re: alphanumericus]
    #3809709 -

and i must say, re your invocation of kenneth at the pre/trans junction above:

just how can one be so pompously certain of such a 'qualitative difference' between the 'oneness' experienced by animal and that achieved by human? wouldn't one be (perhaps *ironically*) forgettin the very most only attribute implied by such a condition? -namely: inclusion.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spirituality AANNDD Philosophy [Re: Lizard_King]
    #3810060 -

Lizard_King said:
Zekebomb said:
would you rather be a human or an animal? be honest.



Last time I checked humans were still animals.





The point that I was trying to make is that "intelligence" has nothing to do with being spiritual.

We were spiritual first, then we became intelligent and "lost" a lot of our spirituality. Now we are in the process of rediscovering our spiritual side.


--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spirituality AANNDD Philosophy [Re: alphanumericus]
    #3810115 -

alphanumericus said:
just how can one be so pompously certain of such a 'qualitative difference' between the 'oneness' experienced by animal and that achieved by human? 



I think one can be rather certain of it when one considers the difference between having an accumulated understanding of what oneness is and what it implies, and also genuinely appreciating that oneness, as compared to simply experiencing oneness without any awareness or intellectual understanding of that experience.

I would imagine "human" oneness would be different in that it has the foundation of an understanding of that oneness, even if while one is experiencing that oneness, that understanding is not consciously flowing through one's mind (as a result of being one with everything). :wink:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* spirituality and philosophy...
( 1 2 all )
skystone 2,115 26 01/20/05 09:32 AM
by BuddahKillah
* No more Spirituality or Philosophy in S&P chemkid 1,589 6 10/10/02 08:47 AM
by Anonymous
* Magical Mushrooms and Spirituality
( 1 2 all )
CaRnAgECaNdYS 4,412 28 08/24/04 05:35 AM
by MOTH
* So you've been reading about spirituality...
( 1 2 3 all )
Mixomatosis 2,919 40 01/06/05 10:01 PM
by TrippinNinjaBuddha
* If Religion and/or Spiritual Techniques Really Worked...
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
Swami 9,877 126 01/12/03 06:13 PM
by Remy
* Spirituality & Philosophy Protocol ShroomismM 1,621 0 12/21/04 04:02 PM
by Shroomism
* If you think you will find enlightenment in a drug...
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Scarfmeister 8,801 65 06/19/03 03:14 PM
by Grav
* Finding Philosophy in Everyday Life :) RebelSteve33 953 9 07/27/02 05:42 PM
by Sclorch

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
3,329 topic views. 1 members, 4 guests and 21 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.