Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinechemkid
Be excellent toeach other

Loc: Between a rock and a hard...
No more Spirituality or Philosophy in S&P
    #948808 - 10/10/02 09:58 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

What the hell happened to this room? More specifically, what the hell happened to MR. Mushrooms? I had an obviously S&P related thread trying to relate the existence of God through a scientific phenomenon and it gets moved to OTD.

MR.Mushrooms just because a subject doesn't fit into your little box of definitions of what spirituality and Philosophy are doesn't mean it isn't so.

I used to think you were one of the most open minded and easy going people in here. You used to give intelligent counters to threads. Now all you do is patrol all the threads and see if they fit into your definitions and if not you make a threat about locking/moving the thread. You rarely even give opinions anymore on the threads themselves.If you do it is usually just a quick witticism.

As I said before, if there is even the slightest debate over whether something is philosophical then it belongs in here. Discussion is what this forum is all about. Are you even interested in discussion anymore? You seem to be on censorship patrol more than anything. No one else seemed to have a problem with my thread. You took a good thread and turned it over to those neanderthals in OTD (I know I shouldn't judge)......if anyone wants a good laugh, go to OTD and see what it turned into. (the thread on Protein Folding)

Why didn't I PM you about this you might ask......because hopefully by airing out this dirty laundry in public we can get the old Mr. Mushrooms back that had legitimate opinions on threads not threats about how it isn't S&P enough for your liking.

--------------------
An open mind is the greatest journey of all.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
Re: No more Spirituality or Philosophy in S&P [Re: chemkid]
    #948813 - 10/10/02 10:03 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

This place has gone straight to hell.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #948828 - 10/10/02 10:11 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

It seems to be becoming more the "Lets knock spirituality and philosophy" board rather than an open forum for discussing our spiritual experiences.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
Re: No more Spirituality or Philosophy in S&P [Re: Xlea321]
    #948837 - 10/10/02 10:15 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

seriously, the worst thing a post will do is run its course in a matter of days, and if its interesting, well then we want to talk about it. who ever is in charge, stop being so anal about it.

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: No more Spirituality or Philosophy in S&P [Re: CleverName]
    #948843 - 10/10/02 10:18 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I just think we're missing out on a lot of sensitive guys who have had spiritual experiences but are afraid to post them because they know they'll instantly have a crowd saying "It's all meaningless and science has proved it".

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #948869 - 10/10/02 10:25 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I think the thread should have stayed here too. Just my opinion.

--------------------

Anonymous

#948933 - 10/10/02 10:47 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

There a lot that can be said about whether or not a thread belongs here or not and we are trying to come up with a way that people can discuss whatever topic suits their fancy under a broad definition of what 'philosophy' and 'spiritual' contains.

Now, it may seem that I am being a bit heavy handed but there are ways to discuss topics so that they fit within the framework and there are ways to discuss topics that are decidedly not within the framework.

As a general rule any topic that is started with its focus being science does not belong here.  This is not a science forum in case you didn't notice.  Personally I thought your thread was very interesting (and by the way I have the rebuttal to it) as well as Sir Tripsalot's.

These lines are easy for me to see because I am extremely well-versed in both fields holding a dual major in both. :smile:

In the meantime I suggest that we stick to topics that are less borderline until, A.  A science forum is created or B. the guidelines are in place.

You nor anyone else has any idea of how much I dislike enforcing ANY rules.  But as a moderator that is my job.  If such a position was not needed there wouldn't be one.

On a personal note I must say that I genuinely enjoy your threads no matter how controversial they may be.  You have had a habit, a good one in my opinion, for creating threads that make us think and I am glad you are in this forum. :smile:  As for me in particular this month is an extremely busy one.  Currently I am running a campaign headquarters, coordinating campaigns, starting a new business, wearing at least three different hats at the Shroomery, editing a database, and helping a close friend build a horse barn, etc etc etc.  Last week I met with the governor of our state to discuss various issues relating to this campaign.  Because of that I do not get nearly the time I would like to have post and add interesting comments.  I haven't been to the hunting forum in over a week because of all the duties I am encumbered with at the present time.  All that said however I am spending as much time here as I am in order to make this a place where people can discuss the merits or demerits of philosophy and spirituality.  I am very serious about all of my obligations.

Most of us do not like anyone interfering with our posts and I do not like interfering with them anymore than you like to have them interfered with.  I asked you to please do something so that your thread could stay.  Instead of doing that you chose to ignore my gentle plea and so I had to move it.

I am asking you now to help me and the rest of the moderators in this issue by gently requesting that you post whatever you post in ways that relate to philosophy or spirituality.  That will help us all.  If your intentions are good ones I know you won't let us down.  Thanks Chem Kid. :smile:

And since this thread is about me and not about either subject I am closing it.  You may address any further grievances to me in a pm.

Thank you for your comments.

Cheers, 

Edited by Anonymous (10/10/02 10:50 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology