Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
This forum is for the discussion of.. Spirituality and Philosophy, of course.. which covers a very wide range of subject matter. From revelations to introspection.. sharing and discussing beliefs, ideas, experiences, interpretations. We are here to help each other grow.
As with many subjective experiences comes debate and controversy.. we ask that you keep it respectful. Since we are a large community it became necessary to impliment a defined set of rules and guidelines in order to maintain the general peace and harmony of the forum. All members posting in this forum are expected to be aware of these rules and adhere to them.
The Rules --- The Rules are inflexible. They are in place to discourage unacceptable behavior at S&P. Disciplinary action will be enforced in accordance with The Rules at the discretion of the moderators. Users found in violation of the rules will be warned, and their actions on each occasion logged. If there is no adjustment after the first warning, the user will be banned temporarily. Following two unique temporary bans, a permanent ban will be considered in accordance with the wishes of the Staff and Administration.
1) No Flaming -- Flaming hurts others. Flaming is an instance where one individual directly attacks another. A person's character is undermined, or their beliefs and worldview are undermined, in a visibly hurtful manner. In flaming, it is clear that the intent is to hurt. If you can't state your case or refute someone else's case without calling them "stupid" or an "idiot"..etc...Then don't bother posting here. This forum is for intelligent discussion, not to try to belittle someone that doesn't think like you. THIS WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED ... If you have been warned already, you will receive a temporary ban, if you continue to flame you will be banned permanently...choose your words wisely or suffer the consequences.
2) No Baiting/Trolling -- Baiting is a circumstance characterized by one individual attempting to lure others into an argument with subtly incendiary remarks. Baiting differs from flaming in that the intent is to provoke rather than to hurt. "Baiting" is more commonly known as "Trolling". If you feel you are being unfairly trolled then PM a forum moderator.
3) Be Respectful -- Moderators set boundaries within a forum, and users set boundaries within the threads they create. When a user sets certain parameters for discussion within their thread, it is the responsibility of other members to respect those boundaries. Please respect the wishes of the poster within their thread(s) and take others feelings into account when posting.
4) Keep Posts on Topic -- Off topic posts will be moved to the appropriate forum. "Derailing" threads by making off-topic posts in someone else's thread is considered a violation of this rule, and in some cases the offending posts may be removed from the thread at the request of the thread creator.
Guidelines for Conduct --- This is the attitude we want to promote at S&P. Disciplinary action will be taken at the discretion of the moderators, when a user is openly contrary to the Guidelines for Conduct. They are called Guidelines because they are suggestions more than they are rules -- however, violations of the guidelines can be invoked in cases of extreme disruption.
1) Don't be Reactionary --- Just as everybody has a unique view on things, everybody has a unique style of debate and discussion. Don't accuse others of flaming, baiting, or disruptions, just because they are skeptical of your position. Just as it is the user's responsibility not to provoke others, it is the user's responsibility not to be easily provoked. When you are feeling offended, sometimes it's up to you to keep the peace. The moderators are not here to coddle.
Being too-easily provoked creates just as much of a disturbance as being provocative.
2) Don't be Inflexible --- Nobody wants to be told how to think; this is a place for fruitful discussion, not bitter competition. Persons who are visibly disinterested in sharing ideas and are instead more interested in overwhelming other people's ideas will be disciplined: threads will be locked, and in extreme cases posting rights will be restricted.
Being open minded means not only a willingness to tolerate different points of view, but a willingness to tolerate different people with different, sometimes undesirable, attitudes.