Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
InvisibleLord_of_Fungus
The AlmightyLord & Master ofThe Universe

Re: Questions & Answers [Re: Panoramix]
    #2142173 - 11/28/03 12:46 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

It's like MedicineBag & Skorpivo said: *I* Bought the book, it's MY property, and *I* own it, and I *shared* it. If I want to share it, I can do so. If I were *selling* it, THEN it'd be another story.

Look at Kazaa for an example...thousands and THOUSANDS of songs which are all "copyrighted", are being SHARED. Not selled, not BOUGHT, not anything involving any of that. IT's SHARING. If this was WRONG, Kazaa wouldn't be running a business right now.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: Questions & Answers [Re: Lord_of_Fungus]
    #2142233 - 11/28/03 01:15 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

and another thing Swami, all those analogies you use, are actually fallacious.

?I do NOT however; encourage them to sneek into the health club under the rationalization that the club can "afford" it and it would not bankrupt them; for stealing a service is no different than stealing material goods.?

You use the word ?sneak? and ?steal??.
LoF did not STEAL anything, he PURCHASED an object, and thus it became HIS property. Therefore, he can DO what he WISHES to do with his OWN property?be it SHARING, as he did. If he BOUGHT the health club, THEN he could share it with whoever he wants to! It is HIS own property. The manufacturers and construction companies who built the walls and floors and ceilings and designed the building of the Health Club makes no difference.

?Someone who breaks into your house because his children are starving is "doing good" for his kids, though you may feel differently.?

Again, you use criminal examples in your analogy that doesn?t even truly fit with the debate here. LoF didn?t break into Barnes and Noble and steal a whole shelf-full of books so he could enlighten others. He paid for the book with his OWN money. It is now for him to share if he wants to SHARE it. He?s not SELLING it for money. He is sharing his own PROPERTY.

?If I loved your car so much that I decided to share it with my friends without your permission would you call it theft??

If LoF PURCHASED your car, THEN he could do whatever he wishes to do with it. Because it becomes HIS OWN PROPERTY, as he OWNS it.

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Questions & Answers [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #2142244 - 11/28/03 01:26 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

SkorpivoMusterion said:
LoF did not STEAL anything, he PURCHASED an object, and thus it became HIS property. Therefore, he can DO what he WISHES to do with his OWN property?be it SHARING, as he did. If he BOUGHT the health club, THEN he could share it with whoever he wants to! It is HIS own property. The manufacturers and construction companies who built the walls and floors and ceilings and designed the building of the Health Club makes no difference.

The difference here is that he bought a copy of a book, he didn't buy the copyright to the words himself. That is the difference here. It wasn't the book itself that was shared, it was the arrangement of words taken out of the book, which are copyrighted, that were shared on a medium that is publically accessed.
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

User Gallery

#2142246 - 11/28/03 01:29 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Lord_of_Fungus said:

Look at Kazaa for an example...thousands and THOUSANDS of songs which are all "copyrighted", are being SHARED. Not selled, not BOUGHT, not anything involving any of that. IT's SHARING. If this was WRONG, Kazaa wouldn't be running a business right now.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#2142255 - 11/28/03 01:33 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Lord_of_Fungus said:

Hell, if it was WRONG, then there wouldn't be people in corporations shredding documents covering up their illegal dabblings. If it was WRONG to blow up buildings, we wouldn't have terrorists. Right? :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

User Gallery

#2142257 - 11/28/03 01:33 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

So if I tuck you in Ni Ni, and read you my own book to you out loud every night, it's not sharing the arrangement of "copyrighted words" which are in the book that you're gonna read?

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#2142265 - 11/28/03 01:39 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

SkorpivoMusterion said:
So if I tuck you in Ni Ni, and read you my own book to you out loud every night, it's not sharing the arrangement of "copyrighted words" which are in the book that you're gonna read?

*shrugs*
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
Re: Questions &amp; Answers [Re: Swami]
    #2142688 - 11/28/03 04:53 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
You still avoid certain questions. You have yet to retort to Alan Stone's Nail-hitting post, and you haven't responded to my question:
It was hardly "nail-hitting, but was yet one more rationalization for theft - and there are infinite ones for the clever thief.

If you'd bothered to read my post and not skim it, as you obviously have, you'd have seen that I was merely applying the same technicalities you yourself did. What I said in my post is that, while an idea cannot be copyrighted, the first application of the idea (i.e. the book in question) can. How is this a rationalisation of theft?
Furthermore, I closed my post with the clear statement that I didn't think Lord of Fungus should have shared as much as he did. A short summary and a few direct quotes would have been enough.
Lastly, you can only acknowledge theft if you acknowledge ownership. Clearly you do, but I, however, think - to paraphrase Rousseau - that capitalism came into existance not when a man stuck four poles in the ground to limit 'his' property, but when his fellow man believed him. Ownership, like anything in our private universes, is a matter of belief.

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: Questions &amp; Answers [Re: Alan Stone]
    #2143074 - 11/28/03 08:10 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

you know what's really funny? this conversation is actually going on. I see your point that you made so long ago swami.

people! enough of this already. it really doesn't matter does it? no. what's swami going to do, come through the computer screen take your book, slap you with it, spit in your face, and vanish into nothing?

so what if you copied it, big deal. you bought the book, you even gave us a link so we may choose to actually make a purchase if we wanted to. the rest of this is just child's play

most stuff said here has nothing to do with what was originally posted

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

User Gallery

Re: Questions &amp; Answers [Re: kaiowas]
    #2143083 - 11/28/03 08:14 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

lol, i bet LoF is pissed how jacked up his thread got =\

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Re: Questions &amp; Answers [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #2143097 - 11/28/03 08:22 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

not really, this thread looks like it was more for reading than responding.  he's got 420 something views on it, that's a lot.  in that case it was a sucess. 

see, it's all about perspective :smile:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

User Gallery

Re: Questions &amp; Answers [Re: kaiowas]
    #2143115 - 11/28/03 08:33 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

hmm...I could definitely agree with that, seeing the beautiful irony and fate in that.
A blessing in disguise perhaps, heh.
Everything happens for a reason :wink:   

--------------------

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Re: Questions &amp; Answers [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #2143242 - 11/28/03 09:43 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

lol, i bet LoF is pissed how jacked up his thread got =\

Not at all. This has been an excellant thread..
for me to poop on!!!

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

Loc: Within the Realm of Imagi...
Re: Questions & Answers [Re: Deiymiyan]
    #2144948 - 11/29/03 04:59 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

There seems to be alot of hooplah over what LoF did here by posting/ sharing some thoughts..

There is NO WAY that the author(s) of those words can be upset over this sharing of knowledge potential !

Why?

First...  At this time,  what is shared among us within these Forums is rather 'contained' with respect to the rest of the planet. 

The authors will continue to profit from the writing regardless.

And second..

In the words of the author:

"How firmly set is my future?

By coming into life, you essentially give up your free will. Once you?ve planned the life, you?ll stay upon that path. Your free will operates before an incarnation."

So obviously, if they also walk the path that they speak of, then they must accept this incident AS IS...

The intended purpose of it [LoF's post] was for Spiritual Development and sharing of concepts...  It was a Spiritually Guided manoever on the part of LoF.

... And for what it's worth, at this present moment, I agree with the above quote in bold, as written by the author... 

[Aside- Fixed, with 'steering ability'.. Synonymous to the 'Main Highway Analogy']

[Aside #2-  I love it when you all get so into these posts!  It makes for entertaining reading !!]

:eyemouth:

Peace

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Questions & Answers [Re: Deiymiyan]
    #2144974 - 11/29/03 05:11 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Deiymiyan said:
[Aside #2-  I love it when you all get so into these posts!  It makes for entertaining reading !!]

Doesn't it, though? :grin: I figure that if you are going to show someone that you are insane, you might as well give em the full insanity trip, all at once. hehe
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

User Gallery

Re: Questions & Answers [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2145008 - 11/29/03 05:26 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

HEY, I just had an epiphany related to the subject of the whole matter of what is described in LoF's post...

have any of you had like, yknow.."future flashbacks"? Sorta like Deja Vu, but a lil "more" than that?

I've had several incidents like this...like small things that have no significance, I'll have this image in my head, just some random image...and like, years later.. BOOM! i LIVE that image! i see the whole "scene" right in front of me, like right there just as exactly i have pictured in my head years ago...like just standing there doing nothing really noteworthy of significance or whatever...
I've had this happen to me quite a few times...and i've talked to alot of other people about it, who also related....so this could indeed be another supporting factor of the whole premise which is quite thoroughly and articulately explained in LoF's post...
like maybe we're actually "remembering" what we had planned out?
And maybe psychics are people who remember faster than most people?
Hmmm...I'ma dwell on this epiphany s'more...

--------------------

InvisibleBolwarra
Stranger

Loc: Australia
    #2227680 - 01/08/04 07:52 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Thankyou Lord of the Fungus for taking the time to type out and share with us this book.

I have barely scratched the surface of this txt, my eyes cant take such lengthy screen sessions so i will take this one slowly.

In regards to the copyright issues raised, i shall keep my thoughts to myself...obvious as they may be. :smile:

thanks again.

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

#2452475 - 03/19/04 05:58 PM (20 years, 4 days ago)

"Spirituality means, in essence, finding yourself, finding the God within and without, and fighting the battle against negativity. You see, even if just one of you will go out into the world and show the light to others, then a ?grayness? has turned bright. This is how you fight negativity, and it only takes a handful of you to accomplish a great deal."

word!....think of the implications of this.  finding yourself, and finding god.  what would that mean?

I think this thread should get another look  :thumbup:

--------------------

User Gallery

Re: Questions & Answers [Re: kaiowas]
    #2452546 - 03/19/04 06:26 PM (20 years, 4 days ago)

Agreed. :thumbup:

To those of youse who's new to this thread--DONT READ Any of the posts non-related to what LOF originall posted! You will keeel yuuor brain sells! :tongue:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder