Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineShroomalicious
You may say I'ma dreamer...

Loc: The Shire
Spirituality from Eminem & Philosophy of freedom
    #980416 - 10/21/02 07:14 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

This was inspired by the recent Eminem post and I wanted to discuss it and also open up a new topic about censorship. I put it in the spirituality and philosophy section because the balance of censorship and freedom is a philosophy based on your spiritual feelings, IMO.

I don't think Eminem is a genius at all, but that is entirely a matter of opinion. My opinion is, he can rhyme. Yeah, so can him a billion other people. What about the music? What about it? It sounds to me that it is the same beat over and over again. I see nothing clever or creative about it. Once again it is all opinion though.

I will tell you one thing that I find hilarious...he and Madonna and the whole army of, what I feel to be, corportate creations decided by the folks at the record company to get money off the teeny boppers (N'sync, BackStreetBoys, etc.), the anti-teeny boopers (Eminem, Korn), the conformists, the anit-conformists (who are often conformists of a different uniform) create a controversy out of nothing and then stand back and watch it unfold.

I think he does have a masterplan allright. His first album is a serious of insults and intensely violent lyrics about killing, raping, maming, and otherwise hurting everyone from the local gay guy to your mother. Then he stands back and is like "What? I had no idea people would be offended when I wrote a song about raping my wife, then sliting her throat and dumping her into a lake as my daughter watched. Why is everyone picking on me!" Then he activates phase two of the masterplan and proceeds to right some "really personal lyrics" about the pain of everyone picking on me because I just tried to speak my mind. That's right, he is a freedom fighter...ummm, fighting for free speach!. Yeah, thats it. When he was talking about killing and maming he wasn't doing it to get a rise out of us...no! He was a...ummm....POLITICAL ACTIVIST FOR THE RIGHTS OF FREE SPEACH! Yeah, thats right. A regular old Martin Luther King, he wrote a song about killing and raping his mother because he cares about all the little people who never get to speak their mind. What a sweet guy...

I see absolutely no creative integrity whatsoever. The reason I say all this because I really, disagree with Eminem...a lot.

Furthermore, I think he does convey the wrong message to kids about...everything. However, that is assuming I know the right message. My better judgement tells me its all opinion, and opinion is allowed under the consitution. If I don't like his music, I won't listen. I won't expose my children to it. However, I am not going to walk into someone elses house and turn off their stereo and say "you can't listen to that because I don't think its appropriate".

In my opinion he DOES have and SHOULD have the right to do exactly what he is doing. I also have the right to think its crap. However, I understand that doesn't give me the right to tell people what they can and cannot listen to.

Love and Peace to everyone INCLUDING EMINEM!

--------------------
Shroomalicious - :smile: I love you and in doing so I love myself, because we ARE all one :smile: - "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth leaves the whole world blind and toothless". - Mahatma Ghandi

Edited by Shroomalicious (10/21/02 07:22 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: Spirituality from Eminem & Philosophy of freedom [Re: Shroomalicious]
    #980533 - 10/21/02 08:12 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

This does so not belong in S&P&S, but you know what?

Fuck it.

Have a ball.

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
Re: Spirituality from Eminem & Philosophy of freedom [Re: ]
    #981517 - 10/22/02 01:27 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

True even if you disagree, im glad you believe that he SHOULD have the freedom to do what he's doing
:laugh:

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
Re: Spirituality from Eminem & Philosophy of freedom [Re: Shroomalicious]
    #981872 - 10/22/02 05:15 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

good post! i agree with you...

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology