Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 |
Re: What makes this, "war" different than every other Middle Eastern conflict. [Re: mushboy]
    #29582114 -

:canthelpbutlaugh:


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What makes this, "war" different than every other Middle Eastern conflict. [Re: mushboy]
    #29582116 -

Enlil said:
Lame



:lol:

mushboy said:
i do not listen to tool but ive seen them twice. live? its a good time. but the percussion is a series of routines and warm ups mashed together in an interesting way. its decent shit but it lacks something imo. and the studio work aside from fear inoc. is dogshit.


Mickalopagus said:
my brother is a phenomenal drummer



my father had 2 masters and a phd all in music i win :noway2:



Omg yall too hard to please. What is your music then? Enlil mentioned Rush so maybe a Peart fan, respectable.

Yah I know derailed but we’ll get back to the war. Don’t worry it’s not going anywhere :mad:


--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What makes this, "war" different than every other Middle Eastern conflict. [Re: Mickalopagus] * 1
    #29582127 -

I never heard of tool and so I guess my choices would be much older.  Don't think I could pick just one though.  Depends on the mood.  Rush is good though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What makes this, "war" different than every other Middle Eastern conflict. [Re: mushboy]
    #29582226 -

mushboy said:
i do not listen to tool but ive seen them twice. live? its a good time. but the percussion is a series of routines and warm ups mashed together in an interesting way. its decent shit but it lacks something imo..






I kinda know what you mean there...

I'm a big fan of Tool, Ænima/Undertow are the best IMO.
I've seen em live several times, but I just won't go anymore.
Between the price tag, the kinda people that show up, and the "meh/okay/somethin missin" factor...I'm done.

Also, they've been playing basically the same set for like 10+ years now. :shrug:

I'll still go see APC, and Puscifer...those are fun shows.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What makes this, "war" different than every other Middle Eastern conflict. [Re: 1234go]
    #29582228 -

Tool is some people jamming around with Danny. He is the show and the band.


--------------------
* Smarts videos :teacher:
* :thumbup: Planet of the APES:thumbup:
 
I'm a fungal white supremacist.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What makes this, "war" different than every other Middle Eastern conflict. [Re: Smartattack]
    #29582232 -

Not a big tool fan anymore. It's hit the "all sounds the same now" mark whenever they (rarely) put out new music. I saw them once and it was a good show. I've had my fill of tool.


--------------------


Everything is better when it is done ON TOP OF A MOUNTAIN!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What makes this, "war" different than every other Middle Eastern conflict. [Re: Smartattack]
    #29582355 -

They have a residence at the sphere in Las Vegas. The tickets will probably be $600 a pop, but am considering it.



Smartattack said:
Tool is some people jamming around with Danny. He is the show and the band.



I mean, yeah lol... But ive also heard Carey play in other sets (he did a thing called Volta that we saw once), and like yeah hes masterful but theres a vibe missing. He does something with Tools music that really makes his playing and the rest of the stuff ascend beyond a jam band.

Most honest statement though, if not for Carey, I might not know who Tool is. Think the rest of the band might admit that was well :lol:


--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Edited by Mickalopagus (05/21/26 10:41 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What makes this, "war" different than every other Middle Eastern conflict. [Re: lifeiswhatyoumake]
    #29582543 -

lifeiswhatyoumake said:
Quote:
Icon said:I see what you're saying, and I agree I have seen lifeiswhatyoumake fallaciously misrepresent statements and contexts before.



Prove it; show the receipts. :goodmorning:




I'm still waiting, Icon. You can't just make up shit about me and not support it. You seem to be lying to diminish my reputation. That has to be against the rules here, I assume. :goodmorning:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What makes this, "war" different than every other Middle Eastern conflict. [Re: lifeiswhatyoumake]
    #29582559 -

It's already been gone over and proven ad nauseum, dude.  Why should he do any work on your behalf to rehash the whole thing?  Perhaps it would be better if you just turned a new leaf and changed your deceptive ways :goodmorning:


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What makes this, "war" different than every other Middle Eastern conflict. [Re: lifeiswhatyoumake] * 1
    #29582800 -

lifeiswhatyoumake said:
Quote:
Icon said:I see what you're saying, and I agree I have seen lifeiswhatyoumake fallaciously misrepresent statements and contexts before.



I'm still waiting, Icon. You can't just make up shit about me and not support it. You seem to be lying to diminish my reputation. That has to be against the rules here, I assume. :goodmorning:



Then report it bucko. Besides that ultra-cringe thread, I don't commit specific posts of yours to memory; only the deranged impression they give.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What makes this, "war" different than every other Middle Eastern conflict. [Re: Mickalopagus] * 2
    #29582806 -

Mickalopagus said:
They have a residence at the sphere in Las Vegas. The tickets will probably be $600 a pop, but am considering it.



I guess, I'm the man, too, because I can remember the lyrics to Hooker with a Penis.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What makes this, "war" different than every other Middle Eastern conflict. [Re: Icon]
    #29584812 -

Icon said:
lifeiswhatyoumake said:
Quote:
Icon said:I see what you're saying, and I agree I have seen lifeiswhatyoumake fallaciously misrepresent statements and contexts before.



I'm still waiting, Icon. You can't just make up shit about me and not support it. You seem to be lying to diminish my reputation. That has to be against the rules here, I assume. :goodmorning:



Then report it bucko. Besides that ultra-cringe thread, I don't commit specific posts of yours to memory; only the deranged impression they give.




So you're lying about me then, I see. Why are you lying about me to make me look bad? What is your agenda? :goodmorning:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What makes this, "war" different than every other Middle Eastern conflict. [Re: FoolOfElysium] * 3
    #29595626 -

FoolOfElysium said:
I thought I'd start a new thread for this. Ballsalsa made some good points in the Iran protests thread about how "regime change" is rarely a fast process, and these wars are often prolonged and far messier than people realize.

Typically true, but not true this time. First, virtually everyone in the Middle East is supporting Trump and Israel for once, and it's and highly likely funding for any insurgency group is lower than ever due to previous moves that have been made on the chess board by Trump. More than that, Trump's intel is so good (largely due to Israel's involvement), that they actually sniped the guy appointed to replace Khamenei right after he got in. This is the greatest F.A.F.O. we've ever witnessed on the world stage, and a masterclass on how war should actually be fought.

Also, Reza Pahlavi and a very large team that likely is involved with the USA already have a transition plan locked and loaded. Reza Pahlavi has also stated he doesn't want to lead Iran. He wants an election and he won't be running for office. His only job will be to lead the transition during a chaotic time so no power vacuum emerges. I think this is a smart move, as even though everyone hates the current regime, not all of them support Reza Pahlavi. It was a good diplomatic strategy that helps guarantee to future of Iran to state he would only be there temporarily. SOMEONE has to show up at first to lead, or it's all in vain. This will make some Iranians grumble still, but FAR less. I'm certain Pahlavi will be supported by other Arab nations and of course the USA. Virtually all of the Middle East wants regime change in Iran.

I also think people are underestimating Trump and all the preliminary moves he made up to this event. No one is coming to save Iran and Trump has made sure of that through incredible diplomacy. The regime has no allies in the fight. Russia and China weren't really allies, just neutral trading partners who benefitted one another. Everyone else is pretty much pissed off at them right now, and has been for a long time.

Trump doesn't do forever wars and he despises boots on the ground. He goes in, gets what he wants, and then gets the hell out. He's actually demonstrating to both the world and America that all the previous wars fought before he came along were intentionally prolonged illusions, meant to make warmongers rich, throwing away the lives of soldiers, among other things.

But Trump isn't pretending. He's not sacrificing soldiers to make himself richer. This is the real fucking deal, and how war should have been fought all along. America is *slaughtering* this regime and delivering retribution for what has been done to so many American soldiers and citizens over the years and this won't stop until Trump gets what he wants, which is total, complete and unconditional surrender. There is no escape for them. As the regime's power hierarchy continues to find itself more and more in tatters, it's only a matter of time, and it will likely only take weeks.

Marco Rubio and Trump both said the hardest hits haven't even come yet. Which makes sense. Phase 1 was targeted strikes (we know your every movement and you can't hide from us), and Phase 2 sounds like things get less ideal, because Iran **will** need to be rebuilt... but we're gonna do what we gotta do.

I will continue to reiterate, as I have been saying for 8 months now, Trump is going to help *stabilize* the Middle East. In doing so, he's taking away Israel and Bibi's last big excuse to keep fighting fake and endless wars. They no longer have Gaza and soon they will no longer have Iran. Trump has had Bibi by his balls for a while now and won't need them for much more after Iran's taken care of. Besides, with all the Epstein stuff coming out, Israel's on borrowed time already.. but Iran's regime had to go before Israel's own corrupt leadership gets exposed, because Trump needed Israel to finish off the current Iranian regime.

The game is messy, but it must be played a certain way to win *long term*

Israel's gonna be a bigger mess than America once everything gets exposed, and given that the Ayatollah has fallen, we're rapidly approaching endgame.

It's nice to have a Department of War that actually knows what the fuck they are doing. We're seeing REAL strategy instead of fake war-movies being passed off as real, like they have been for the last few decades.

Oh, and Trump's approval in the Middle East is soaring right now.




What a laugh. This reads like satire now. Yes, the "genius" of Cantaloupe Caligula and his cadre of degenerate thugs (Hegseth foremost among them) has really sent Iran packing once and for all! :3stooges:

*derp*

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What makes this, "war" different than every other Middle Eastern conflict. [Re: Soothfast] * 1
    #29595755 -

I love that the world is standing up to us. It's kind of funny, Trump is so conceited and spoiled, he really believed he could flip the board and everyone would let him. I wish Venezuela's VP was less cooperative after the Maduro raid, but I guess it was the perfect ego boost that fooled him into thinking he could do anything he wants. Not that the countries most resisting U.S. are doing it because of Trump, but he's the perfect mascot for this period of chauvinism.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What makes this, "war" different than every other Middle Eastern conflict. [Re: Icon] * 1
    #29595758 -

Oh yes, the political ramifications will echo through time. The quality of life for the average American will drop faster for the foreseeable future.

I wandered by the store earlier, and the 20 lb sack of dry beans I bought the week of the election for $11.14 cost $14.34. C'est la vie.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What makes this, "war" different than every other Middle Eastern conflict. [Re: Icon] * 2
    #29595805 -

Icon said:
I love that the world is standing up to us. It's kind of funny, Trump is so conceited and spoiled, he really believed he could flip the board and everyone would let him. I wish Venezuela's VP was less cooperative after the Maduro raid, but I guess it was the perfect ego boost that fooled him into thinking he could do anything he wants. Not that the countries most resisting U.S. are doing it because of Trump, but he's the perfect mascot for this period of chauvinism.



In many ways Trump is doing more to promote the development of renewable energy infrastructure than any million environmentalists put together. Europe, China, Cuba, and many other countries are busting a nut to reduce their dependency on a now wildly volatile fossil fuel market, thanks to the Strait of Hormuz clusterfuck. China is shipping solar panels and portable solar power generators to Cuba hand over fist, its cargo ships sailing right through Trump's naval embargo of the island week after week.

Long overdue, Europe is working overtime to develop its own military capabilities, technologies and industries that are independent of the US. Meanwhile China and other powers are filling the "soft power" vacuums Trump has opened up around the world, especially in Africa. As MAGA thumps its chest and crows that "America is back," the reality is that America is losing influence, power, and prestige at a hair-raising rate.

Hell, right now preparations are being made to shatter Visa and Mastercard's credit card payment dominance in the European Union:

Europe Moves to Break Visa and Mastercard's Grip

Quote:
A digital euro, a push for sovereignty from US payment giants and a bitter fight between banks and Brussels are all coming to a head — and the outcome could affect how Europeans conduct even the simplest day-to-day payments.

The digital euro is electronic cash, backed by the European Central Bank (ECB) and designed to sit alongside banknotes and the services offered by commercial lenders.

Under the European Commission's proposal, users would get a digital wallet — with a spending limit yet to be defined — that works for both online and offline payments, with transactions designed to be untraceable.

If legislation passes before the end of 2026, it could be available for retail payments by 2029.

The push is political as much as it is financial.

Visa and Mastercard, both American, account for 61% of card payments in the eurozone and nearly all cross-border transactions, according to ECB data.

US President Donald Trump's return to the White House and his hostile approach to both foreign policy and trade accelerated the debate, and at the European Council in mid-March, EU leaders set a deadline to approve the legislation before the end of 2026.



Yep—"winning." LOL.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What makes this, "war" different than every other Middle Eastern conflict. [Re: Soothfast] * 1
    #29595817 -

Well, there goes 3% of 61% of all noncash transactions in Europe in income for a US based stock ticker...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What makes this, "war" different than every other Middle Eastern conflict. [Re: Kryptos]
    #29595826 -

Kryptos said:
Well, there goes 3% of 61% of all noncash transactions in Europe in income for a US based stock ticker...



Yes, I've read that booting Visa & Mastercard will affect the course of a river of cash amounting to $24 trillion each year.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What makes this, "war" different than every other Middle Eastern conflict. [Re: Soothfast] * 1
    #29659388 -

Soothfast said:
FoolOfElysium said:
I thought I'd start a new thread for this. Ballsalsa made some good points in the Iran protests thread about how "regime change" is rarely a fast process, and these wars are often prolonged and far messier than people realize.

Typically true, but not true this time. First, virtually everyone in the Middle East is supporting Trump and Israel for once, and it's and highly likely funding for any insurgency group is lower than ever due to previous moves that have been made on the chess board by Trump. More than that, Trump's intel is so good (largely due to Israel's involvement), that they actually sniped the guy appointed to replace Khamenei right after he got in. This is the greatest F.A.F.O. we've ever witnessed on the world stage, and a masterclass on how war should actually be fought.

Also, Reza Pahlavi and a very large team that likely is involved with the USA already have a transition plan locked and loaded. Reza Pahlavi has also stated he doesn't want to lead Iran. He wants an election and he won't be running for office. His only job will be to lead the transition during a chaotic time so no power vacuum emerges. I think this is a smart move, as even though everyone hates the current regime, not all of them support Reza Pahlavi. It was a good diplomatic strategy that helps guarantee to future of Iran to state he would only be there temporarily. SOMEONE has to show up at first to lead, or it's all in vain. This will make some Iranians grumble still, but FAR less. I'm certain Pahlavi will be supported by other Arab nations and of course the USA. Virtually all of the Middle East wants regime change in Iran.

I also think people are underestimating Trump and all the preliminary moves he made up to this event. No one is coming to save Iran and Trump has made sure of that through incredible diplomacy. The regime has no allies in the fight. Russia and China weren't really allies, just neutral trading partners who benefitted one another. Everyone else is pretty much pissed off at them right now, and has been for a long time.

Trump doesn't do forever wars and he despises boots on the ground. He goes in, gets what he wants, and then gets the hell out. He's actually demonstrating to both the world and America that all the previous wars fought before he came along were intentionally prolonged illusions, meant to make warmongers rich, throwing away the lives of soldiers, among other things.

But Trump isn't pretending. He's not sacrificing soldiers to make himself richer. This is the real fucking deal, and how war should have been fought all along. America is *slaughtering* this regime and delivering retribution for what has been done to so many American soldiers and citizens over the years and this won't stop until Trump gets what he wants, which is total, complete and unconditional surrender. There is no escape for them. As the regime's power hierarchy continues to find itself more and more in tatters, it's only a matter of time, and it will likely only take weeks.

Marco Rubio and Trump both said the hardest hits haven't even come yet. Which makes sense. Phase 1 was targeted strikes (we know your every movement and you can't hide from us), and Phase 2 sounds like things get less ideal, because Iran **will** need to be rebuilt... but we're gonna do what we gotta do.

I will continue to reiterate, as I have been saying for 8 months now, Trump is going to help *stabilize* the Middle East. In doing so, he's taking away Israel and Bibi's last big excuse to keep fighting fake and endless wars. They no longer have Gaza and soon they will no longer have Iran. Trump has had Bibi by his balls for a while now and won't need them for much more after Iran's taken care of. Besides, with all the Epstein stuff coming out, Israel's on borrowed time already.. but Iran's regime had to go before Israel's own corrupt leadership gets exposed, because Trump needed Israel to finish off the current Iranian regime.

The game is messy, but it must be played a certain way to win *long term*

Israel's gonna be a bigger mess than America once everything gets exposed, and given that the Ayatollah has fallen, we're rapidly approaching endgame.

It's nice to have a Department of War that actually knows what the fuck they are doing. We're seeing REAL strategy instead of fake war-movies being passed off as real, like they have been for the last few decades.

Oh, and Trump's approval in the Middle East is soaring right now.




What a laugh. This reads like satire now. Yes, the "genius" of Cantaloupe Caligula and his cadre of degenerate thugs (Hegseth foremost among them) has really sent Iran packing once and for all! :3stooges:

*derp*




Oh hai, what I miss?

Oh, wait...




The military operation only took a matter of weeks, with breaks in between bombing skirmishes. Because the IRGC is a bunch of stubborn, fanatic idiots who would rather take the entire country down along with them than ever surrender, we've also had to economically crush them for months (instead of bomb them into the stone-age) so that there's actually a country left the Iranian people can reclaim when Trump is done. Trump could have kept bombing and ruined their future forever. He didn't. He wants Iran's people to crush these pathetic fanatics.

Remember when I said I was gambling everything on this?

Trump isn't pulling out until Iran is free. I told you then, and I'm telling you again now. He's closer than ever to fully stabilizing the Middle East and ending Western intervention into their affairs forever.

Also, how's it hanging? I'll bet there's been a lot of shit takes in this thread since I last popped in to say hi. Looking forward to reading them.

I would like to reiterate, what you see being said on the world stage is never the full picture. Trump knows the Iranian regime reads every post he makes. He's been jousting with them not just militarily, but psychologically for months now. You lose a few battles, but you win the war.

You know what hasn't changed at all this entire time?

The actual goal.


--------------------
Here comes...

Edited by FoolOfElysium (09/02/26 01:26 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What makes this, "war" different than every other Middle Eastern conflict. [Re: FoolOfElysium] * 2
    #29659453 -

:justno:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 |

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* middle eastern people
( 1 2 3 all )
ehud 2,420 57 11/19/02 04:51 PM
by Senor_Doobie
* Post deleted by Moe Howard MOE THE MAD SCIENTIST 833 18 03/11/03 07:14 PM
by Chills420 version2
* My thoughts, Iraq, war, and genocide Ellis Dee 1,840 14 03/18/03 06:11 AM
by Anonymous
* Why Arabs Lose Wars
( 1 2 all )
wingnutx 4,054 24 05/03/18 07:08 PM
by Murzelpfrumpft
* Arm yourself with info- 60 reasons we shouldnt be at war
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
PsiloKitten 12,382 93 11/02/13 10:08 PM
by Yogi1
* Hiroshima mayor says world moving to war...
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Edame 10,026 105 08/09/03 04:24 AM
by Autonomous
* The Case Against War EchoVortex 1,256 3 10/31/02 08:24 PM
by Anonymous
* War people, why do you support the war?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
rhizo 11,179 145 07/05/06 11:56 AM
by Phred

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
10,965 topic views. 0 members, 21 guests and 33 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.