Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineehud
Rocket Scientist
Loc: Middle America
middle eastern people
    #1054488 - 11/15/02 03:15 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Hate america more than they love thier children...?

It makes you wonder when suicide tactics are prevalent.
I wonder if our government left them alone would they leave us alone? Are thier leaders as power hungry as ours maybe even more so?

I have a very close friend from the United Arab Emmerits and he does not like americans. He and I are best friends, but that is regardless of our nationality. If we weren't close he would just see me as another american, and I the same. I dont think it is racism, it is somthing deeper. It is almost religiously based.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Duck Hunt, Enemy Enforcer

Loc: Fire in the sky
Re: middle eastern people [Re: ehud]
    #1054493 - 11/15/02 03:18 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

They might hate me but I love them. And I don't know any that hate me, just that love me. With me and arabic people it's a big love affair.

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: middle eastern people [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #1054543 - 11/15/02 03:48 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

but you dont mind the fact that we will be bombing their asses pretty soon?

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel

Re: middle eastern people [Re: GazzBut]
    #1054572 - 11/15/02 04:06 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I love arabic people and people of Islamic faith. I don't condone a war waged against arabic countries under the false pretenses our politicians have been spewing forth. I do condone a war against Iraq, however, if the result will be increased security for Israel, or the expansion of their territory.

--------------------

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

#1054628 - 11/15/02 04:33 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Iraq will be attacked if they undermine UN resolutions. and you think that a good thging to come from this would be to allow the Israelis to continue undermining UN resolutions and to also enlarge the scope of their flouting of these resolutions?

Something is rotten in that logic.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel

#1054644 - 11/15/02 04:43 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

No nothing is wrong with your logic or mine. We have different drummers we're marching to, that's all. I don't care about the UN except to support undermining it's influince in every aspect which is available. I support withholding all dues from all UN bodies or groups.

Iraq, if a serious threat to Israel, must be dealt with. IMO it's best to let Israel do their own dirty work. But if politically popular and without excessive casulties I don't mind America doing their dirty work, especially if it will save Israeli lives.

Now, I'll give you a synopsis of my logic. All the land which anciant Israel possessed under Solomon's Kingdom is theirs and if any squatters are there they need to leave. The land is promised to Israel and always will be, forever. It belongs to them. No treaty or international body, or rival nation can change that. It's the Jew's land, forever.

--------------------

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

#1054654 - 11/15/02 04:50 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

When was the last time Iraq posed a tangible threat to Israel? By tangible I mean real and not some paranoid excuse. If we attack Iraq they will attack israel. Hows that helping them? and why do they need help in their terror campaigh against the Palestinians?

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
    #1054659 - 11/15/02 04:52 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

In reply to:

Now, I'll give you a synopsis of my logic. All the land which anciant Israel possessed under Solomon's Kingdom is theirs and if any squatters are there they need to leave. The land is promised to Israel and always will be, forever. It belongs to them. No treaty or international body, or rival nation can change that. It's the Jew's land, forever.

Now, I'll give you a synopsis of my logic. All the land which ancient native americans possessed before europeans came there is theirs and if any squatters are there they need to leave. The land is promised to "indians" and always will be, forever. It belongs to them. No treaty or international body, or rival nation can change that. It's the "indian's" land, forever.

If you really follow your logic you're going to leave USA, are you?

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel

#1054674 - 11/15/02 05:03 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Iraq poses a massive threat to Israel. Iraq has since the re-establishment of Israel opposed it both philosophicaly and militarily. Iraq has repeatedly attacked Israel and has developed weapons programs expressely for attacking Israel. Even now, Iraq continues to threaten an invasion. Iraq sponsors suicide bombers that attack Israel with a death benefit paid to the bomber's family. They currently finance terrorism against Israel and are activly working to undermine efforts at peace.

Israel doesn't need help to destroy the 'Palistinians'. If Israel so desired they could destroy them within a day. It is because of the gentle mercy and their desire to show solidarity with the international community that Israel willingly suffers in their strugle for peace. IMHO, we should tell the Israeli's they're free to deal with their enemies as they see fit and we'll take any international flak or backlash which arises.

Remember... George Washington didn't defeat the British by expressing his disgust with his free speech, he shot them. We didn't defeat the NAZI Jew killers by writing nasty editorials about them, we shot them. So must Israel and the United States, in solidarity, protect the Jewish people.

--------------------

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

#1054697 - 11/15/02 05:15 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

To be honest im far more concerned about the palestionian people. They seem to be dying alot quicker than the israelis who are more than capable of defending themselves against Iraq. Are you seriously saying this is the real reason for war in Iraq?

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel

#1054715 - 11/15/02 05:25 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

In reply to:

Are you seriously saying this is the real reason for war in Iraq?

I just don't believe the reasons and pretenses the Republicans have been giving for an invasion. The origional reason was to secure the Kuwaiti oil fields. But they are secure and I do not believe that oil fields are the major reason for invasion, afterall we're getting millions of barells of Iraqi crude now, anyways. Iraq really doesn't pose much security threat to America, IMO. But they are a massive and dangerous threat to Israel... I believe that protecting Israel is the true reason for coercing Iraq to disarm or to invade. This also seems to corolate to the Bush administration's directions to Israel, which are basically 'keep the PLO situation under control until we kick Saddam's tail and then deal the the PLO, just keep the situation under control so we can get the support we need to whip Iraq for you'... At least that's the way I see it... I'm open to other opinions if you have them.

--------------------

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Re: middle eastern people [Re: zeronio]
    #1054724 - 11/15/02 05:33 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Took the words right out of my mouth!

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

#1054761 - 11/15/02 05:50 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I still think the oil is the main reason. I think this is also the main reason your Govt is so concerned with Israel.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
    #1054956 - 11/15/02 08:11 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

The same logic was used by nazis in Germany to get an excuse for holocaust.
The funny thing is that Rail would use Hitler's logic to solve Israel's problem.

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

#1055012 - 11/15/02 09:09 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

what logic was that? sorry just returned from lunchtime drink and am probabaly missing something!

--------------------
Always Smi2le

InvisibleFrog31337
Stranger

Loc: Midwest, US
    #1055344 - 11/15/02 12:41 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Rail's logic was to remove all non Jews from Israel. The error I see is that Rail is using the "Word of God" or as I like to call it "The best selling book of fiction" as the basis of who deserves what. Land doesn't belong to anyone, for anytime great length of time. I disagree with his reasoning, but I agree with the end result.

Any group, Jews included, need a place (any place in my mind) to call home. Everyone deserves as human beings to live life in relative peace. Both the PLO and Israel are teaching their children to hate. That is the real reason IMO why this conflict continues.

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1055381 - 11/15/02 01:00 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

If you think about it, if the US bombs Iraq, this will bring fourth more hatred towards america for another 50+ years at least. The fighting will not stop. Iraqi children will despise america growing up, because they know that the US tried to kill them.

If we didn't bomb them, we could possibly stop hatred in the next 50 years between the countries. Bush and Saddam would both be dead.

Striking against Iraq to stop terrorism will really in turn, breed more terrorisim against the US in the future.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #1055675 - 11/15/02 02:22 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

"Hate america more than they love thier children...?"

You don't understand their faith. Suicide bombings are considered the most noble possible thing one can do. They have faith that a suicide bombing will go to heaven and live in bliss eternally. Who could want more for their child?

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleFrog31337
Stranger

Loc: Midwest, US
Re: middle eastern people [Re: angryshroom]
    #1055812 - 11/15/02 03:07 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

In reply to:

If you think about it, if the US bombs Iraq, this will bring fourth more hatred towards America for another 50 years at least

From a cynical POV, it could solve US's problems quicker. US bombs Iraq killing those who don't like us. This incites the fringe groups to seek revenge. US kills all those who seek revenge. In the end all that will be left is the US and the bodies of those that don't like us.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: middle eastern people [Re: Frog31337]
    #1056144 - 11/15/02 04:48 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

You can't kill all the fringe groups that don't like you, for one thing, it's pretty much just plain impossible, for another thing, the more fringe groups you start slaughtering, the more non-fringe groups start to hate you.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Political Discussion