Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: Hiroshima mayor says world moving to war... [Re: Autonomous]
    #1789378 - 08/07/03 04:53 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Its ok...brown bear discrimination is common...

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAutonomous
MysteriousStranger

Loc: U.S.S.A.
    #1789398 - 08/07/03 04:57 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I would like to add the following observations so that others might understand my position. I think it could be argued that the dropping of two atomic bombs on Japan was STRATEGICALLY justified. However, I can find no MORAL justification for the taking of innocent human life.

--------------------
"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination."
-- Mark Twain

InvisibleEdame
gone

Loc: outta here
Re: Hiroshima mayor says world moving to war... [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1789403 - 08/07/03 04:59 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Whitey's always keepin 'em down.

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".
:tongue:

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #1789407 - 08/07/03 05:00 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Bears also tend not to have complex bureaucracies.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1789410 - 08/07/03 05:01 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Autonomous said:
I would like to add the following observations so that others might understand my position. I think it could be argued that the dropping of two atomic bombs on Japan was STRATEGICALLY justified. However, I can find no MORAL justification for the taking of innocent human life.

I agree with that statement completely. Of course in war, especially war with the technology of the time, civilian casualties will always be high. The current war in Iraq demonstrates the difference between the technology of the WW2 era and this one. Had we invaded Iraq 60 years ago, the civilian casualties would have been multiplied exponentially.

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
Re: Hiroshima mayor says world moving to war... [Re: shakta]
    #1789467 - 08/07/03 05:18 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

shakta said: Nope. I completely agree. I think the bombings in Japan were warranted though

-jesus fucking christ man, you need to travel or experience death first-hand. killing mass (or any for that matter) amounts of civilians is NEVER warranted.

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Hiroshima mayor says world moving to war... [Re: ZippoZ]
    #1789480 - 08/07/03 05:21 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

how the fuck does the human race even expect to survive the next 10 years with these weapons hanging around?

The same way we spent the last 60. Doing just fine.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: Hiroshima mayor says world moving to war... [Re: atomikfunksoldier]
    #1789538 - 08/07/03 05:41 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

atomikfunksoldier said:
shakta said: Nope. I completely agree. I think the bombings in Japan were warranted though

-jesus fucking christ man, you need to travel or experience death first-hand. killing mass (or any for that matter) amounts of civilians is NEVER warranted.

You know I understand your position on that, and I agree with you for the most part. I think in this instance it was justified though. As I said it saved lives. Would it have been better for 10,000,000 to die while the islands were being overtaken? I don't think so. We can argue about other scenarios all day long. It ended the war, and saved lives. Could other things have been done to end it? Possibly, but we will never know.

I want to clarify something here. I think you have a misunderstanding about me. I don't like seeing people killed. I hate war. Sometimes war is necessary though for the greater good. In war, innocents die. I would love it if we could all live in peace forever with no blood on our hands. Unfortunately this is just not realistic, at least not at this point in our history.

Here is a question for you. Would you say that killing a certain number of people to save a much higher number of people is justified? Forget about where they are from. Assume they are all of the same nationality. Would you sacrifice 5,000 to save 100,000. I am just using these numbers as an example.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: Hiroshima mayor says world moving to war... [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1789680 - 08/07/03 06:27 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

how the fuck does the human race even expect to survive the next 10 years with these weapons hanging around?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The same way we spent the last 60. Doing just fine.

i dont think so, were moving closer and closer to the brink of our own extinction. cant anyone see this?

technology is developing too quickly for the necissary checks and balances to keep things safe.
if you build on an unstable structure your building will colapse.

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: Hiroshima mayor says world moving to war... [Re: ZippoZ]
    #1789696 - 08/07/03 06:30 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

The major problem I see are terrorists getting nukes. If this happens and they use them, I can see major carnage happening. I just hope it never happens.

OfflineGernBlanston
unintended sideeffect
Male

Loc: OR
    #1789703 - 08/07/03 06:32 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

There's an easy solution to that, you know, don't you?

Get rid of em. All of em. Ours, theirs, the little ones, the big ones, the ones on ships and in silos and in subs and in briefcases. All of them. Make them go away, and make it against global law to ever build or otherwise posess a nuclear weapon again.

Simple, no?

--------------------
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.
  --  Howard Zinn

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #1789744 - 08/07/03 06:45 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

The major problem I see are terrorists getting nukes. If this happens and they use them, I can see major carnage happening

But i bet the libbies would still blame it on the US...

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Hiroshima mayor says world moving to war... [Re: GernBlanston]
    #1789746 - 08/07/03 06:45 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

While that would be nice (not the global law part), do you really see it happening?

Not me. Not in this lifetime.

It's good to dream though.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: Hiroshima mayor says world moving to war... [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1789873 - 08/07/03 07:35 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

All i can say is that the American people, myself included, would NEVER indorse ANY pre-emptive attack with nukes.

That may not be enough when it seems you aren't even given a choice beforehand, not even knowledge of, a strike using any weapon in your military's arsenal.

If you government wished to use atomic weapons against another country, what makes you think they would ask you, the people, first?

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
Re: Hiroshima mayor says world moving to war... [Re: trendal]
    #1789914 - 08/07/03 07:49 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

ok ok ok shakta, i understand your p.o.v.

but, you say that it saved lives, correct?

but....approximatly 200,000 people died as a result of the bombings....so, when were 200,000 people in danger of dying in 1945?

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

Loc: Austin, TX
Re: Hiroshima mayor says world moving to war... [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1789929 - 08/07/03 07:53 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
do you really see it happening?

Not me. Not in this lifetime.

It's good to dream though. 

I wouldn't be so sure.  The guy in charge of the air war during the original Gulf War (General Chuck Horner) was promoted after the war and put in charge of the nation's nuclear missiles.  After he retired, he became one of the leading spokemen against nuclear weapons. 

Get a few more people like that to speak up, and I think it will happen!  :smile2: 

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Hiroshima mayor says world moving to war... [Re: GernBlanston]
    #1789936 - 08/07/03 07:56 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

GernBlanston said:
There's an easy solution to that, you know, don't you?

Get rid of em. All of em. Ours, theirs, the little ones, the big ones, the ones on ships and in silos and in subs and in briefcases. All of them. Make them go away, and make it against global law to ever build or otherwise posess a nuclear weapon again.

Simple, no?

I think it would take more than that. I think we would have to mine all the fissionable material out of the earth's crust and shoot it all into space.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

#1789947 - 08/07/03 07:59 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

shakta said:
The major problem I see are terrorists getting nukes. If this happens and they use them, I can see major carnage happening. I just hope it never happens.

But america has the sense..or 'morality' to use them and manufacture them, and research how to make smalller more efficient ones?

...many would say the americans are terrorists....especially middle eastern countries. They might not be 'right' in your opinion, but what does opinion matter when people 'know' they are right...

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
Re: Hiroshima mayor says world moving to war... [Re: atomikfunksoldier]
    #1789950 - 08/07/03 07:59 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

atomikfunksoldier said:
ok ok ok shakta, i understand your p.o.v.

but, you say that it saved lives, correct?

but....approximatly 200,000 people died as a result of the bombings....so, when were 200,000 people in danger of dying in 1945?

WE FIRE BOMBED JAP CITIES WITH NAPALM KILLING HUNDREADS OF THOUSANDS BEFORE WE DROPPED THE A-BOMBS. We would have done the same before 1945 to soften up for the invasion. MILLIONS WOULD HAVE DIED IN AN INVASION. Why cant you understand this.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Re: Hiroshima mayor says world moving to war... [Re: Edame]
    #1789952 - 08/07/03 08:00 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Edame said:

Whitey's always keepin 'em down. 

I bet the other seals won't get eaten now.  They've seen what the bear can do....its natural instinct. :smirk:

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom