Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 773 | 774 | 775 | 776 | 777 | 778 | 779 | 780 | 781 | 782 | 783 | 784 | 785 | 786 | 787 | 788 | 789 | 790 | 791 | 792 | 793 | | Last >
Re: The official Psilocybe natalensis/ ochraceocentrata thread. [Re: 99.99]
    #29579998 -

i bought like 20 ramiken sized jars to try and make a no pour type deal but I abandoned the idea because it was annoying and just started using them solely for covering spore prints. foil in SAB area, harvest and cut caps, place and cover with tiny jar with a finger of water on top, place SAB and foil off the holes till the next day. well see how well that worked spores done like that just hit agar but a lot of them got sent out


--------------------
REPENT

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official Psilocybe natalensis/ ochraceocentrata thread. [Re: 99.99]
    #29579999 -

99.99 said:
ClearLakeBoy said:
Put some caps down last Friday looking to get some prints and no spores. All dried up and nothing.






What works best is to put a couple drops of water on the cap and then cover the cap with some kind of small bowl or cup to keep the contamination down and the humidity up that will help the spores drop onto your aluminum foil

What you have going on there would probably not be that clean of a spore  print



Thanks 99
I always just made a teepee of foil over the caps and had good results. let's try this.



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official Psilocybe natalensis/ ochraceocentrata thread. [Re: ClearLakeBoy] * 2
    #29580176 -

Well folks, looks like my time to give this species a whirl is finally happening. An old print put to an old bubbly plate made with the dregs of a BRF agar bottle took about a month to show itself, in which I nearly gave up and the sender was about to offer a replacement. Don't gotta do that anymore!



--------------------
Feeling lost here? We get it. Here's the most up-to-date guide as of 2026.


I know I'm a fool, but that's why I keep trying to learn.
:peace::heart::mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official Psilocybe natalensis/ ochraceocentrata thread. [Re: ClearLakeBoy]
    #29580195 -

ClearLakeBoy said:
99.99 said:
ClearLakeBoy said:
Put some caps down last Friday looking to get some prints and no spores. All dried up and nothing.






What works best is to put a couple drops of water on the cap and then cover the cap with some kind of small bowl or cup to keep the contamination down and the humidity up that will help the spores drop onto your aluminum foil

What you have going on there would probably not be that clean of a spore  print



Thanks 99
I always just made a teepee of foil over the caps and had good results. let's try this.





Cups will  work lots better because it keeps more air and contaminating spores from drifting in on your spore prints
It will also help keep moisture in

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official Psilocybe natalensis/ ochraceocentrata thread. [Re: ClearLakeBoy] * 2
    #29580201 -

ClearLakeBoy said:
Put some caps down last Friday looking to get some prints and no spores. All dried up and nothing.






Plastic shot glass inside a tub is my new jam.





--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official Psilocybe natalensis/ ochraceocentrata thread. [Re: Kloakk]
    #29580204 -

I haven’t read the whole thread so I apologize but have we came to an agreement if “ochraceocentrata” is a different species then cubensis, and also if and what is the difference between “natalensis” and “ochraceocentrata”
I know we run them just like cubes but I’m very curious as I received a print and plan on giving it a go

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official Psilocybe natalensis/ ochraceocentrata thread. [Re: Kloakk] * 2
    #29580222 -

Kloakk said:
ClearLakeBoy said:
Put some caps down last Friday looking to get some prints and no spores. All dried up and nothing.






Plastic shot glass inside a tub is my new jam.








Great idea Kloakk, thanks


--------------------

Edited by ClearLakeBoy (05/18/26 11:54 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official Psilocybe natalensis/ ochraceocentrata thread. [Re: Awfullotofshrooms] * 3
    #29580243 -

Awfullotofshrooms said:
I haven’t read the whole thread so I apologize but have we came to an agreement if “ochraceocentrata” is a different species then cubensis, and also if and what is the difference between “natalensis” and “ochraceocentrata”
I know we run them just like cubes but I’m very curious as I received a print and plan on giving it a go



Yes ochras are a different species then cubes. They like more FAE then cubes but basically the same growing parameters. The trip for me is more upbeat and energetic then cubes and without a dark side. Think of when you were a child and everything was magical. Then toss in a bit of shroomy visuals and there you have it.

True natalensis from what I hear is a difficult species to grow and I haven't heard much on the trip report side of it.
I have not grown true natalensis but I kinda want to to try them out.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official Psilocybe natalensis/ ochraceocentrata thread. [Re: Bigworm] * 1
    #29580830 -

Hey folks, my latest grow of black cap Ochras.  I’ve grown this strain three or four times before but this is the first grow I’ve gotten the black cap trait to appear.  Before I only ever saw maybe slightly darker caps with a greenish tint.

I went low tech on this with a dub tub in my basement (68deg).  I may try adding a couple of fae holes on the top tub next time.  They turned out a little bit fuzzier than usual.  They also came out a little more “noodly” this time.  We’ll see what the next flush produces.

I grew this flush out from a plate pin.  I took a number of samples to agar after harvesting.

Feel free to offer suggestions.  I’m certainly not an expert :grin:









Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official Psilocybe natalensis/ ochraceocentrata thread. [Re: GerryD]
    #29580901 -

GerryD said:
Hey folks, my latest grow of black cap Ochras.  I’ve grown this strain three or four times before but this is the first grow I’ve gotten the black cap trait to appear.  Before I only ever saw maybe slightly darker caps with a greenish tint.

I went low tech on this with a dub tub in my basement (68deg).  I may try adding a couple of fae holes on the top tub next time.  They turned out a little bit fuzzier than usual.  They also came out a little more “noodly” this time.  We’ll see what the next flush produces.

I grew this flush out from a plate pin.  I took a number of samples to agar after harvesting.

Feel free to offer suggestions.  I’m certainly not an expert :grin:














don't know what causes it. the weirdest answer is that its eating contamination? or its really full to bursting with actives .and non actives. I'm not smart enough to tell.

what I do I know is that for my grows gree bruising was regular. dark green becomes black like most colors. it could be other oxidants.


--------------------
REPENT

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official Psilocybe natalensis/ ochraceocentrata thread. [Re: jbgtaa]
    #29581028 -

jbgtaa said:
don't know what causes it. the weirdest answer is that its eating contamination? or its really full to bursting with actives .and non actives. I'm not smart enough to tell.

what I do I know is that for my grows gree bruising was regular. dark green becomes black like most colors. it could be other oxidants.




I guess I assumed it is psilocin oxidizing in the cap but I may be wrong.  At least in my case they started out looking like plain old Ochras and then started turning black maybe 3-4 days before maturity.


Edited by GerryD (05/19/26 09:06 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official Psilocybe natalensis/ ochraceocentrata thread. [Re: GerryD]
    #29581077 -

Are black caps any stronger, potency wise, then other isolations of ochres? Anyone ever isolate the green eyed snakes?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official Psilocybe natalensis/ ochraceocentrata thread. [Re: Bigworm] * 6
    #29581272 -

Some ochra grown like pans.



--------------------
And if I only could
I'd make a deal with God
And I'd get him to swap our places
I'd be running up that road
Be running up that hill
With no problems

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official Psilocybe natalensis/ ochraceocentrata thread. [Re: tree frog] * 3
    #29581287 -

Another weird one, also from a higher air pan type grow



--------------------
LAGM2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official Psilocybe natalensis/ ochraceocentrata thread. [Re: A.k.a] * 2
    #29581303 -




Best results yet. Lower spawn ratio after cloning a good fruit. Nice.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official Psilocybe natalensis/ ochraceocentrata thread. [Re: bluespirit13]
    #29581306 -

:headbang3:


--------------------
HUSTLER
How U Survive This Life Everyday Resourcefully
epic GT mono tub
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/17277772

wbs tek
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11525679
coir tek
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11917410
results :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official Psilocybe natalensis/ ochraceocentrata thread. [Re: Bigworm] * 1
    #29581341 -

Bigworm said:
Are black caps any stronger, potency wise, then other isolations of ochres? Anyone ever isolate the green eyed snakes?



I’m not sure on potency, I haven’t tried them yet.  I realized I should have tried some fresh but didn’t think of it until after they were on the drying rack for a while.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official Psilocybe natalensis/ ochraceocentrata thread. [Re: GerryD] * 4
    #29582163 -

These are unlike anything ive ever grown
Ive got perfectly clean plates and ive taken that to bulk
100% coir 1 to 3 ratio
Grown in a Martha and look how aggressive and ropey the mycelium is it’s not overlay, but I don’t know what to call it
Anyways, this tray is only seven days old


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official Psilocybe natalensis/ ochraceocentrata thread. [Re: 99.99] * 1
    #29582314 -

Hi everybody, Ochra first timer here.





The two smaller trays are CVG with pseudo casing. The bigger tray is coir + horse manure + verm + gypsum with peat moss/verm/p.lime casing (1:3.5) started fruiting conditions all the same day.

Genetics are from one LC. Natalensis Super Strength

Edited by Djackoo (05/21/26 07:41 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official Psilocybe natalensis/ ochraceocentrata thread. [Re: tree frog]
    #29582317 -

tree frog said:
Some ochra grown like pans.





You always have the prettiest jars TF. A photo series of them would be cool


--------------------
I've got skills, they don't know where to use me
I'm like the best dressed guy at the nude beach
Nice to meet you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 773 | 774 | 775 | 776 | 777 | 778 | 779 | 780 | 781 | 782 | 783 | 784 | 785 | 786 | 787 | 788 | 789 | 790 | 791 | 792 | 793 | | Last >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 88 89 )
Hindsight 81,744 1,767 10/03/26 09:44 PM
by Noah Keeper
* The official PF TEK cultivation thread
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
callmehippieS 5,012 177 10/02/26 05:22 PM
by fahtster
* Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 552 553 )
nosf3r4tu 354,940 11,057 10/03/26 08:46 PM
by Asura
* The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion
( 1 2 3 4 ... 755 756 )
firstTIMER420 589,307 15,114 10/03/26 12:21 AM
by 99.99
* Official Ps papuana Cultivation Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 20 21 )
wavyedge 16,188 416 09/28/26 12:39 AM
by Kloakk
* Genesis of the PF Redspore Psilocybe motamanM 7,836 16 12/05/03 08:59 AM
by Anonymous
* Psilocybe graveolens berto23 4,257 2 06/19/08 03:23 PM
by caliche
* Panaeolus cyanescens vs Psilocybe cyanescens
( 1 2 3 all )
JazzMatazz 60,463 43 11/25/14 05:30 PM
by 707godheadcymaster

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
629,899 topic views. 22 members, 63 guests and 107 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.038 seconds spending 0.017 seconds on 16 queries.