Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1089 | 1090 | 1091 | 1092 | 1093 | 1094 | 1095 | 1096 | 1097 | 1098 | 1099 | 1100 | 1101 | 1102 | 1103 | 1104 | 1105 | 1106 | 1107 | 1108 | 1109 | | Last >
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: altford78] * 1
    #28368217 -

altford78 said:
Smellyhobbit said:
Yeah it makes my mouth break out and I’ve never had a pleasurable high. It either does nothing or sends me straight to hell.



Weed throws me into the most bullshit paranoia and dysphoric states. :shrug:



I used to love weed. More so when we got Reggie’s or krypie which means a decade or more ago when I was young. At some point I realized all it does is give me anxiety, paranoia, rumination, shitty lungs, tiredness, and more. Once I quit man life was so much more amazing without that shitty drug.


Or maybe it’s cause I smoked grams of oil a day and mad tree before that who knows Lmao.


--------------------
πŸ…ƒ πŸ„΄ πŸ„° πŸ„Ό    πŸ„² πŸ„» πŸ„Έ πŸ„½ πŸ„Ά πŸ…† πŸ… πŸ„° πŸ„Ώ


Help US help YOU TEK

2023 Dehydrator TEK

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: SirPsycho]
    #28368226 -

SirPsycho said:
Another random thought for the agar boogers, you leaving the lid loose enough?



Shiiiiit my response is the same as his, maybe thats the issue ill run a batch later today to test it :kenthumbup:


Screwup, I feel that heavily, the times I've been able to quit smoking I feel like a superhero (after 2 weeks of feeling like shit :rofl:), but its a vice thats hard to escape and I have a handful of medical issues that put me in pretty intense chronic pain, weed doesn't help the pain but it helps me be okay with the pain :shrug:

Also I sell weed as my legal dayjob the last 4 years :grin:


--------------------
𝕴𝖋 𝕴 π–π–†π–›π–Š π–˜π–Šπ–Šπ–“ π–‹π–šπ–—π–™π–π–Šπ–— π–Žπ–™ π–Žπ–˜ π–‡π–ž π–˜π–™π–†π–“π–‰π–Žπ–“π–Œ π–šπ–•π–”π–“ π–™π–π–Š π–˜π–π–”π–šπ–‘π–‰π–Šπ–—π–˜ 𝖔𝖋 π•²π–Žπ–†π–“π–™π–˜
:drugnerd: TekDeck        Autist Tally :laugh:

"Mother Mycelium, I wandered in the darkness of unmarked plates and forgotten codes. Enlighten me with clarity and discipline, that every jar and dish shall bear its true name."

"Luminous Logos, I faltered in my shorthand faith. Grant me the diligence to record in full, and the foresight to recall every meaning with certainty."

-Father LewDoja

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Screwup] * 1
    #28368228 -

Same, I used to like it until ... I didn't. I wasn't even a heavy smoker and I took breaks for years. Nope, still sucks.

Now it's like entering a boxing ring against my mind. I get beat to shit and don't learn anything valuable. It's just fucking doom and gloom and everything sucks. The conversations I have with myself on weed are fucking lunatic asylum worthy.

I mean I still get glimpses of the fun part but it's like sifting through a pile of dogshit for a penny. No thanks.


--------------------
Mold cultivator extraordinaire

I also dabble in bacteria

I'm also a retard sometimes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: altford78] * 1
    #28368239 -

Yuh, had an epiphany mid panic on an acid trip once - weed is the drug that i treat the lightest, but fucks with my head the most.

I've learned with time you either 1. have to he a stoner stoner keep your tolerance up so you get the medical benefits without too crazy of a headspace change or 2. Basically microdose it if you don't have a tolerance, like 5-10mg can be really fun for people

Anyways I'll run some agar with the lid loose here in the next hour or two and post the results as soon as its out of the PC :biggrin:


--------------------
𝕴𝖋 𝕴 π–π–†π–›π–Š π–˜π–Šπ–Šπ–“ π–‹π–šπ–—π–™π–π–Šπ–— π–Žπ–™ π–Žπ–˜ π–‡π–ž π–˜π–™π–†π–“π–‰π–Žπ–“π–Œ π–šπ–•π–”π–“ π–™π–π–Š π–˜π–π–”π–šπ–‘π–‰π–Šπ–—π–˜ 𝖔𝖋 π•²π–Žπ–†π–“π–™π–˜
:drugnerd: TekDeck        Autist Tally :laugh:

"Mother Mycelium, I wandered in the darkness of unmarked plates and forgotten codes. Enlighten me with clarity and discipline, that every jar and dish shall bear its true name."

"Luminous Logos, I faltered in my shorthand faith. Grant me the diligence to record in full, and the foresight to recall every meaning with certainty."

-Father LewDoja

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Tri]
    #28368244 -

May hve been asked already. But just on the off chance, I have to ask... Could the math be in error? Could that inadvertently be more like 20% instead of 2% nutes/agar?


--------------------
This hobby has taught me many things.
Most of those things are patience.


The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery
The Official Shroomery Cultivation Museum
CakeWars
III

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Scemilope] * 1
    #28368249 -

Scemilope said:
May hve been asked already. But just on the off chance, I have to ask... Could the math be in error? Could that inadvertently be more like 20% instead of 2% nutes/agar?



No, 20% is massive. Shit, I just woke up and am unaware of the context so:shrug::lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: altford78]
    #28368265 -

Quote:
altford78 said:Sometimes when I go to take it out of the pc it's tighter than when I put it in though.




Sounds like you're media bottles might not be venting out the air


--------------------
:pm:Ask about free prints: Ps tampanesis, subtropicalis, cubensis(ESS) and Pan cyanescens:pm:
Balance in life is like running on ice.

  πŸ…‘πŸ…žπŸ…£πŸ…£πŸ…›πŸ…” πŸ…–πŸ…πŸ…πŸ…–

"Mist your balls and fan your asshole" - Pandaskis, 2023

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Stipe-n Cap]
    #28368274 -

Stipe-n Cap said:
Scemilope said:
May hve been asked already. But just on the off chance, I have to ask... Could the math be in error? Could that inadvertently be more like 20% instead of 2% nutes/agar?



No, 20% is massive. Shit, I just woke up and am unaware of the context so:shrug::lol:



Sry, I was referring to alt's giant boogers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Scemilope] * 1
    #28368278 -

Oh, yeah. That one is a head scratcher. Never saw anything like it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Stipe-n Cap] * 1
    #28368320 -

Stipe-n Cap said:
Oh, yeah. That one is a head scratcher. Never saw anything like it.



That one was 4% he said so pretty heavy but yeah I have the same issue, all my MEA turns out looking exactly the same, and the plates I pour from it, even with letting it settle the very first plates poured look like this


Que "I'm tired of this, grandpa!" :sad:

But got another batch in the PC at this very moment, 400ml room temp distilled water, 8g agar, 8g brand new lme, shook the fuck out of it, put the cap one half of a single turn, tinfoil, into the warmed up PC with a layer of rings under the trivet and the water maybe a quarter inch touching the media bottle.

Waiting for the safety lock to pop to start my 15 minute vent then 30 minutes at 16-17 psi

If this still turns out shite do I get an award? :rofl:

--

15 min vent commenced


--------------------
𝕴𝖋 𝕴 π–π–†π–›π–Š π–˜π–Šπ–Šπ–“ π–‹π–šπ–—π–™π–π–Šπ–— π–Žπ–™ π–Žπ–˜ π–‡π–ž π–˜π–™π–†π–“π–‰π–Žπ–“π–Œ π–šπ–•π–”π–“ π–™π–π–Š π–˜π–π–”π–šπ–‘π–‰π–Šπ–—π–˜ 𝖔𝖋 π•²π–Žπ–†π–“π–™π–˜
:drugnerd: TekDeck        Autist Tally :laugh:

"Mother Mycelium, I wandered in the darkness of unmarked plates and forgotten codes. Enlighten me with clarity and discipline, that every jar and dish shall bear its true name."

"Luminous Logos, I faltered in my shorthand faith. Grant me the diligence to record in full, and the foresight to recall every meaning with certainty."

-Father LewDoja

Edited by Tri (06/21/23 07:41 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Tri] * 1
    #28368325 -

Tri-Polar said:
Stipe-n Cap said:
Oh, yeah. That one is a head scratcher. Never saw anything like it.



That one was 4% he said so pretty heavy but yeah I have the same issue, all my MEA turns out looking exactly the same, and the plates I pour from it, even with letting it settle the very first plates poured look like this


Que "I'm tired of this, grandpa!" :sad:

But got another batch in the PC at this very moment, 400ml room temp distilled water, 8g agar, 8g brand new lme, shook the fuck out of it, put the cap one half of a single turn, tinfoil, into the warmed up PC with a layer of rings under the trivet and the water maybe a quarter inch touching the media bottle.

Waiting for the safety lock to pop to start my 15 minute vent then 30 minutes at 16-17 psi

If this still turns out shite do I get an award? :rofl:

--

15 min vent commenced



Do 45 mins instead of 30


--------------------
:pm:Ask about free prints: Ps tampanesis, subtropicalis, cubensis(ESS) and Pan cyanescens:pm:
Balance in life is like running on ice.

  πŸ…‘πŸ…žπŸ…£πŸ…£πŸ…›πŸ…” πŸ…–πŸ…πŸ…πŸ…–

"Mist your balls and fan your asshole" - Pandaskis, 2023

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: SirPsycho]
    #28368329 -

Yessir

--

Loud pop in the pc, let's hope that wasn't the cap taking flight :facepalm:


--------------------
𝕴𝖋 𝕴 π–π–†π–›π–Š π–˜π–Šπ–Šπ–“ π–‹π–šπ–—π–™π–π–Šπ–— π–Žπ–™ π–Žπ–˜ π–‡π–ž π–˜π–™π–†π–“π–‰π–Žπ–“π–Œ π–šπ–•π–”π–“ π–™π–π–Š π–˜π–π–”π–šπ–‘π–‰π–Šπ–—π–˜ 𝖔𝖋 π•²π–Žπ–†π–“π–™π–˜
:drugnerd: TekDeck        Autist Tally :laugh:

"Mother Mycelium, I wandered in the darkness of unmarked plates and forgotten codes. Enlighten me with clarity and discipline, that every jar and dish shall bear its true name."

"Luminous Logos, I faltered in my shorthand faith. Grant me the diligence to record in full, and the foresight to recall every meaning with certainty."

-Father LewDoja

Edited by Tri (06/21/23 08:08 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Tri]
    #28368366 -

So the water in the PC doesn't have to come up to the level of the agar in the media bottle?


--------------------
Yeah, yeah.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Tri] * 1
    #28368373 -

Scemilope said:
May hve been asked already. But just on the off chance, I have to ask... Could the math be in error? Could that inadvertently be more like 20% instead of 2% nutes/agar?



8g for 400ml. I have 2 0.001g scales and a 0.01g scale and they are all showing the same within expected margins.
SirPsycho said:
altford78 said:Sometimes when I go to take it out of the pc it's tighter than when I put it in though.




Sounds like you're media bottles might not be venting out the air



Yeah I wondered about that when it happens, my guess is that it rattles just the right amount during the boil and it gets a bit snug. It doesn't always happen so it's probably something random like that. I mean even grain jars sometimes do that, 1 or 2 out of 10 will be a bit tighter than when they went in.





Quote:
Tri-Polar said:

If this still turns out shite do I get an award? :rofl:





You don't bunch up your foil? Whenever I left long flat skirts like that I got quite a bit of water in the jars.:shrug:


--------------------
Mold cultivator extraordinaire

I also dabble in bacteria

I'm also a retard sometimes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: NFLProof]
    #28368374 -

NFLProof said:
So the water in the PC doesn't have to come up to the level of the agar in the media bottle?



Dont believe so, youre using the steam to sterilize the agar not the water. I guess just make sure the water doesnt dry out

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: NFLProof]
    #28368378 -

Not from what I understand, I believe stipe has the water come right up to the trivet and his is basically the method im following, didnt even use any pretty food coloring just to make sure its accurate :sad:

And altford what do you mean bunch up? Like squeeze flat against the bottle? I mostly did, I focus more on the neck but do the sides too, never noticed a difference personally but I am dumb so :shrug:


--------------------
𝕴𝖋 𝕴 π–π–†π–›π–Š π–˜π–Šπ–Šπ–“ π–‹π–šπ–—π–™π–π–Šπ–— π–Žπ–™ π–Žπ–˜ π–‡π–ž π–˜π–™π–†π–“π–‰π–Žπ–“π–Œ π–šπ–•π–”π–“ π–™π–π–Š π–˜π–π–”π–šπ–‘π–‰π–Šπ–—π–˜ 𝖔𝖋 π•²π–Žπ–†π–“π–™π–˜
:drugnerd: TekDeck        Autist Tally :laugh:

"Mother Mycelium, I wandered in the darkness of unmarked plates and forgotten codes. Enlighten me with clarity and discipline, that every jar and dish shall bear its true name."

"Luminous Logos, I faltered in my shorthand faith. Grant me the diligence to record in full, and the foresight to recall every meaning with certainty."

-Father LewDoja

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Tri]
    #28368383 -

I tend to use as much water as possible in the PC so that it cools slower and doesn’t solidify as quickly. Is there an advantage to using less water?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Pandaskis]
    #28368384 -

I think the water to the agar level is from Bod's Agar tek. It's supposedly to prevent boil over but I think he did so people put enough water in there so they don't blow up their pc and to avoid rapid heating but I'm not 100% sure how that would prevent boil over. Maybe unequal pressure in the pc.

Tri-Polar said:
And altford what do you mean bunch up? Like squeeze flat against the bottle? I mostly did, I focus more on the neck but do the sides too, never noticed a difference personally but I am dumb so :shrug:




I meant like to pick up the flat foil that's on the sides of the bottle and scrunch it up around the neck/lid. It probably doesn't matter that much for a media bottle. If you don't have extra water in the bottle after you pc it then carry on, no problemo.


--------------------
Mold cultivator extraordinaire

I also dabble in bacteria

I'm also a retard sometimes

Edited by altford78 (06/21/23 08:21 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Chamo]
    #28368390 -

Chamo said:
I tend to use as much water as possible in the PC so that it cools slower and doesn’t solidify as quickly. Is there an advantage to using less water?



I just use the recommend 3 quarts for most stuff, except I usually use nutribullet cups, same thing :grin:

Also im already pacing my room for like an hour twenty waiting for my agar to cool enough to pour and it STILL feels like I'm burning my prints off, quicker is better for me personally


--------------------
𝕴𝖋 𝕴 π–π–†π–›π–Š π–˜π–Šπ–Šπ–“ π–‹π–šπ–—π–™π–π–Šπ–— π–Žπ–™ π–Žπ–˜ π–‡π–ž π–˜π–™π–†π–“π–‰π–Žπ–“π–Œ π–šπ–•π–”π–“ π–™π–π–Š π–˜π–π–”π–šπ–‘π–‰π–Šπ–—π–˜ 𝖔𝖋 π•²π–Žπ–†π–“π–™π–˜
:drugnerd: TekDeck        Autist Tally :laugh:

"Mother Mycelium, I wandered in the darkness of unmarked plates and forgotten codes. Enlighten me with clarity and discipline, that every jar and dish shall bear its true name."

"Luminous Logos, I faltered in my shorthand faith. Grant me the diligence to record in full, and the foresight to recall every meaning with certainty."

-Father LewDoja

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: altford78]
    #28368395 -

Damn I have never even heard of that


--------------------
𝕴𝖋 𝕴 π–π–†π–›π–Š π–˜π–Šπ–Šπ–“ π–‹π–šπ–—π–™π–π–Šπ–— π–Žπ–™ π–Žπ–˜ π–‡π–ž π–˜π–™π–†π–“π–‰π–Žπ–“π–Œ π–šπ–•π–”π–“ π–™π–π–Š π–˜π–π–”π–šπ–‘π–‰π–Šπ–—π–˜ 𝖔𝖋 π•²π–Žπ–†π–“π–™π–˜
:drugnerd: TekDeck        Autist Tally :laugh:

"Mother Mycelium, I wandered in the darkness of unmarked plates and forgotten codes. Enlighten me with clarity and discipline, that every jar and dish shall bear its true name."

"Luminous Logos, I faltered in my shorthand faith. Grant me the diligence to record in full, and the foresight to recall every meaning with certainty."

-Father LewDoja

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1089 | 1090 | 1091 | 1092 | 1093 | 1094 | 1095 | 1096 | 1097 | 1098 | 1099 | 1100 | 1101 | 1102 | 1103 | 1104 | 1105 | 1106 | 1107 | 1108 | 1109 | | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* buying agar - help sinisha 3,832 6 03/31/06 05:49 AM
by FractalXplora
* cheapest glass petri dishes, agar, dextrose, etc Fluxburn 8,385 8 02/14/05 07:57 AM
by Roadkill
* Potato Dextrose Agar X Malt Extract Agar Alegalize 7,003 8 02/25/05 11:03 AM
by agar
* test tubes agar fungophiliac 3,698 8 06/19/20 09:41 PM
by gorilliam
* LOOK! Big AGAR problem. Ever seen this? Not I. need advice BAD! agentstone 5,320 12 03/30/20 10:37 AM
by Surf707
* Agar and the global economy Dem_Bones 1,934 4 03/01/06 09:08 AM
by Dem_Bones
* Agar question WormholeSurfer 1,691 3 10/29/05 07:10 PM
by agar
* Agar's Home Made Compost recipe for bulk substrates
( 1 2 3 4 all )
agar 22,295 75 02/12/21 05:50 AM
by Bart84

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
774,941 topic views. 13 members, 118 guests and 160 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.049 seconds spending 0.026 seconds on 18 queries.