Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 6119 | 6120 | 6121 | 6122 | 6123 | 6124 | 6125 | 6126 | 6127 | 6128 | 6129 | 6130 | 6131 | 6132 | 6133 | 6134 | 6135 | 6136 | 6137 | 6138 | 6139 | | Last >
Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: fahtster] * 1
    #27709515 -

I have only seen bacteria before acquiring a pressure cooker so I know those were endospore-forming ones. Since then I've seen them maybe once or twice total. I don't use fancy things like SHIPs, so idk what the bacterial failure rate is there. Skin bacteria are definitely a problem, but they are not so well-adapted to live on grain.

If it works, it works. I actually love the fact that this method exists. I may even try it out in the future, simply because keeping many cultures alive by making transfers all the time can be exhausting.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: Adas] * 3
    #27709530 -

Word

I think a pretty easy test of how well drying out bacteria works would be to deliberately streak a plate with some and then drying the plate out (I’d assume in front of a hood/ffu). Then taking some of that dried out bacteria and transferring to a new plate.  Or even do a side of the plate with myc and the other side with bacteria and dry it out and transferring etc.

I mean we know bacteria dies when dried out but it’d be cool to see the myc come back to life and the bacteria not side by side on a single plate.  I don’t use fancy things like agar plates (:lol:) so I can’t do it but maybe someone wants to play around with it

Edit: now that I think about it, I’m sure a ton of ppl have plates that have bacterial myc… if you could simply open the plate up and dry it out in front of a hood in a couple days and then transfer the dried out myc to a new plate and it be clean, that’d be pretty neat

Pic tax

Edited by fahtster (03/26/22 02:06 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: fahtster] * 2
    #27709640 -



Second agar attempt. Added green food coloring, then immediately realized my potential mistake, but still gonna use it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: checkmatsis] * 1
    #27709745 -


Cambodian Gold Cake in Water Tub.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: WeavieWonder] * 1
    #27709759 -

Is that like a JCM pan chamber with a cube cake in it?

WeavieWonder said:
:idhitit:



New favorite gif :lol:


--------------------
Vinci luh you

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: Vinci] * 3
    #27709790 -

Gandalf, posted pic of these yesterday,  over doubled in size overnight


Funky tub


2nd flush enigma blob

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: checkmatsis] * 1
    #27709815 -

checkmatsis said:


Second agar attempt. Added green food coloring, then immediately realized my potential mistake, but still gonna use it




you are filling the plates too much. look at some of the plates, maybe AGAR ENVY thread...


--------------------
SpaceBaby
SPACEBABY'S LAGM22 THREAD
MUSHBOY'S SHROOM TEA TEK

Me as a cube

Another Day's Work:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: SpaceBaby]
    #27709888 -

SpaceBaby said:
checkmatsis said:


Second agar attempt. Added green food coloring, then immediately realized my potential mistake, but still gonna use it




you are filling the plates too much. look at some of the plates, maybe AGAR ENVY thread...



What he said.

You can still use them, but it's a waste. Agar is almost a 2D medium. The magic happens on the top.

Here's the Agar Envy thread
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/25662166/fpart/644

That thread and this are the first places I go every time I come on this site.

They're the ones with the most to learn from just watching, and they're among the most fun threads.

Lots of ways to do agar, all of them less thick. This is working well for me. And it's black, the coolest agar color. Plus charcoal is a nutrient.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27551422

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: nektar61]
    #27710128 -

Nope just a shoe box with some water in the bottom. :winning1:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: P.Nowhere] * 1
    #27710154 -

Pearly Gates, lonely little milk bottle in a Fahtlock!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: SpaceBaby]
    #27710170 -

SpaceBaby said:
checkmatsis said:


Second agar attempt. Added green food coloring, then immediately realized my potential mistake, but still gonna use it




you are filling the plates too much. look at some of the plates, maybe AGAR ENVY thread...



Maybe they can't afford slants:lol:


--------------------
:pm:Ask about free prints: Ps tampanesis, subtropicalis, cubensis(ESS) and Pan cyanescens:pm:
Balance in life is like running on ice.

  🅑🅞🅣🅣🅛🅔 🅖🅐🅝🅖

"Mist your balls and fan your asshole" - Pandaskis, 2023

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: SirPsycho] * 4
    #27710252 -

The 'nothing but side/bottom pin' tub of leucistic Cambodian I posted last week is doing a lot better on the second flush. Even got a revert in the back corner.



--------------------
Trade List

Edited by E_Dubbya (03/27/22 08:41 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: E_Dubbya]
    #27710379 -



I might be flying too close to the sun, running before I can walk, other sayings with these three shoes.

I brewed some beer yesterday, and wanted to see about reusing some of the grain from the brew. I also used a tiny bit of the drippings from the grain, added some water, boiled, and used that water to soak my coir. Went to look at the bucket this morning, and I wasn't even close to field capacity; I used way too much water, and it looked like cold brew coffee before straining.

So I strained the coir, then squeezed the fuck out of it with both hands before placing a big ball of coir in the shoe. Then I would take a heaping handful of the brew grain, add that in, mix. The grain was actually pretty dry from sitting overnight. Then my fully colonized popcorn went in, mixed. Finally added another big ball of coir, mixed and leveled. I will say, I spent the most time leveling these shoes compared to others, so I'm happy with that. Misted each box fairly well before putting the lid on.

50/50 it contams and I wasted a month of letting the popcorn colonize. I'm not gonna touch these until I see pins, as I think I do too much for these shoes (mist too much, fan too much or too early, etc.)

Edited by nonamekevin (03/27/22 10:34 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: nonamekevin]
    #27710398 -

I'd say more like 90/10 you get mold, spent grains are way nutritious.  Have you ever left them to sit out for a couple days?  That's about how long it takes to be completely covered in mold.  I think they'd be great as a supplement in a sterilized sub though.

Hopefully I'm wrong though and you get lucky!


--------------------
Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.
-------------------

Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: Forrester] * 4
    #27710404 -

APE plate adamant on fruiting. Think I’m gunna clone the big boy at the top tomorrow.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: Forrester]
    #27710405 -

Forrester said:
I'd say more like 90/10 you get mold, spent grains are way nutritious.  Have you ever left them to sit out for a couple days?  That's about how long it takes to be completely covered in mold.  I think they'd be great as a supplement in a sterilized sub though.

Hopefully I'm wrong though and you get lucky!



That's kinda what I was thinking with using the grain, it would supplement the coir. But you're right, as part of the brewing process they only got to 170F during the sparge, and then they were left out overnight in a bucket.

Fingers crossed...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: nonamekevin]
    #27710423 -

Yeah. Forrester got to it first. We both are into gourmets if my Swiss cheese mind recalls correctly. We use grain AND spent grain for nutritional supplementation. (my wife co-founded one of the best breweries up here in the northwest corner of the country) So I get to play with whatever I want. That said, we DO sterilize them though. I supplement my HWFP at 20-30% depending on variety. And I sterilize for no less than 3 hours at 18psi. I'm just wondering what would happen if they was sterilized first? I know coir gets weird when sterilized. I've not actually sterilized any coir, so I can't say for certain. Anyway, yeah.. Those boxes are going to grow some funky stuff. But watch! Just because I said that, you're going to be pulling 800 gram shoeboxes 😂😂 Anyway, that's what this hobby is all about. Trying new things and experimenting. There ARE a few hard rules that if you deviate from it WILL end in failure. FAFO! That truly keeps the world spinning. 🤙


--------------------
Rehears your death every morning and night. Only when you constantly live as though already a corpse will you find freedom in the martial way, and fulfill your duties without fault throughout your life. ~ The Book Of Samurai
........
I live in the void. I can go to the in between anytime I desire. I visit the spirt world.

Edited by MTZ (03/27/22 11:34 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: MTZ] * 2
    #27710443 -

Picture tax. I left for maybe two hours to help my dad get his water well pump etc ready for spring. Come home to these little shits doing the whole bukaki thing. So... That was fun. Was just for prints and swabs. But damn. Two hours 😂 EDIT: You can see where I was cutting caps by time I remembered to take a picture for everyone.





--------------------
Rehears your death every morning and night. Only when you constantly live as though already a corpse will you find freedom in the martial way, and fulfill your duties without fault throughout your life. ~ The Book Of Samurai
........
I live in the void. I can go to the in between anytime I desire. I visit the spirt world.

Edited by MTZ (03/27/22 11:50 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: MTZ] * 2
    #27710519 -

Just about to hit the ‘Lab’ (it’s my kitchen) for a session!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: SwabMarley] * 1
    #27710562 -

Myc Hunt said:
Just about to hit the ‘Lab’ (it’s my kitchen) for a session!




waddaya do with all them fans?


--------------------
SpaceBaby
SPACEBABY'S LAGM22 THREAD
MUSHBOY'S SHROOM TEA TEK

Me as a cube

Another Day's Work:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 6119 | 6120 | 6121 | 6122 | 6123 | 6124 | 6125 | 6126 | 6127 | 6128 | 6129 | 6130 | 6131 | 6132 | 6133 | 6134 | 6135 | 6136 | 6137 | 6138 | 6139 | | Last >

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Post deleted by Administrator
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Alien 26,639 72 08/26/02 07:55 AM
by kingkc
* The Cultivation Confessional Booth - The Unofficial Cultivation Off Topic Discussion.
( 1 2 3 4 ... 1476 1477 )
BeefExtreme 461,980 29,527 10/05/26 02:44 AM
by AstroSporeFiend
* All aborts in unmod mono...any ideas to cause?
( 1 2 all )
BodhiBoy 2,788 29 06/05/17 12:30 PM
by Myco Mako
* alt.drugs.mushrooms.cultivation (good/bad idea) BikeCourier 7,155 9 10/26/21 06:04 PM
by LogicaL Chaos
* Grow log, tray fruited in unmodded tub, +various cakes (Finished 11/2017)
( 1 2 3 all )
ShamanDreamz 3,438 41 07/03/18 06:21 AM
by ShamanDreamz
* cultivating in apartments
( 1 2 all )
TriptopinkFloyd 3,807 23 12/11/02 12:03 AM
by TrippingBillies
* Post deleted by users_request
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
NuShroomPharmerII 28,102 85 06/04/01 04:53 PM
by MNmyc
* VOTE!! Outdoor Cultivation Forum w/Moe For Mod!!
( 1 2 3 4 all )
TM 25,045 73 04/13/10 01:30 AM
by jingus

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
5,226,382 topic views. 10 members, 44 guests and 260 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.099 seconds spending 0.078 seconds on 16 queries.