Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineShamanDreamz
Dreamer
Male

Loc: Drop Bear Country
Grow log, tray fruited in unmodded tub, +various cakes (Finished 11/2017)
    #24611042 - 09/07/17 10:29 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Hey everyone, Dreamz is on board!  :grin:

First off I'd like to thank the wonderful folk here at the Shroomery, this lurker of two years finally can't stand not being on-board, and I have learnt a lot. Kudos to shroomery OGs. Much love.  :heart:

(27/8/2017)

On to the flesh of the log... At this point I am roughly a week in, prepared my MS much better than my first 2 attempts, (let's not go there right now...), pc'd water in a jar, syringe, made the MS in my SAB, and proceeded to innoc 2 1/2pint PF jars, 1 1/2pint Test jar of WBR, wild rice, and coffee grounds, 3 1/4 PF jars, 1 1/4pint WBR jar, and another 1/4pint of WBR I plan to use as LI when fully colonized. Will likely use the same method of pc'ing water in a little jar, to use in obtaining LI.

Edit: Probably should mention that all jars were PC'd for ~1 and 1/2 hours at what I assume is around 10psi, (Tiny crappy PC), after a simmer til 'edible'. Innoc'd ~10ml spore solution between all of them, my place has been ~25 degrees celcius at least 12hrs/24hrs, more like 18hrs usually, never below ten degrees, and all jars are about 20%, except the test jar of the 2 rice types and coffee. I think the complexity of that particular jar is making it a tiny bit slower, it's only about 10-15%, but otherwise looks great. Just over a week isn't that long to see results, as I've found out.

That's where I'm at. The plan is to use most/all the grain jars in a small ~8inch square foil tray, with some coir/verm. Provided all goes well of course. Plan to pasteurize. (Try to at least.)

Expect pics to follow, I do have a fair idea what I'm doing but closer to spawning I will be keen to throw around some ideas with folk, since this will be my 1st tray attempt.

~7 Days after MS innoc:

Experiment WBR, Wild Rice, Coffee Grounds Jar(Now in a bag at 1:3 ratio after stalled 90% colonized,(20/9/17), after a small bacteria contam that has been excised completely, isolated away from the rest of the subs):

PF Half-Pints (Now in fruiting chamber 100%, consol.~5days, 21/9/17, one dunked, topped 1/4 inch coir/verm, the other dunk and rolled):

(Being used as spawn in tray @19/9 - 100% Colonized)WBR 1/4 Pint:

(Being used as spawn in tray @19/9 - 100% Colonized, used for LI, recovered twice)LI Grain Jar:

(Being used as spawn @19/9 - 100% Colonized)PF 1/4 Pints:

19/9/2017

Freshly spawned tray, prepared as suggested, (thanks dhype), to the best of my abilities. wrapped in cling wrap with 7 micropored holes in top for GE, after this pic was taken:

LI used on ~300ml worth of mixed brf/grain/verm leftover mix... 7 days previous:

Mini-SGFC, because I had a container, bit small, but I have few cakes:

Not pictured are 2 1/4 pint cakes innoc'd with some of the LI obtained from an earlier jar. They are taking off beautifully though. Also all 5 MS innoc'd potential PESA are not visibly colonizing yet. Only been 7 days since that though in any case. Will keep up to date as it happens.

22/9/17:

I forgot to get a couple good shots of the bag of grain and coir from a salvage spawn, but it looks pretty damn good at the moment. ~70%, not even puffy, yet at least. The two LI 1/4 pints innoc'd 10 days ago will join the other cakes in the Mini sgfc, are 100%, just gonna give em a bit longer.

Not sure if the quality here is good enough to see the drops on the cakes, it's not a heavy layer, but it's nice.(?) Doing my best to coax pins.

Tray looking pretty good, hard to see through plastic wrap and condensation, or the wide micropore.

25/9/17 - Fruiting Begins

Tray has been placed in a 20L tub, unmodified, with a pretty poorly made lid, so airgap along the side of the lid probably ~1mm when shut. Decided to flip the lid creating 1/8th inch gap all the way around, also propping the lid open by like an inch on one side using a small bent metal clip from a thermometer, occasionally. Just a little metal triangle really. Nothing too consistent in mind here except providing the basics. 1-2 light mists a day currently.

Cakes are (I think) beginning to show some signs they may pin shortly. The 1/2 pints are at least. 1/4 pints have only today been dunked and rolled, joining the 1/2 pints.

8/10/2017 - Fruits!

Phone pic quality not the best, sorry guys.

The 1/2 pint cakes have each fruited ~4g dry, although 1 flush got eaten before it could be dried (~40g wet). They don't seem keen to pin again, that may have been all they had in them. Will give them another week. Been bottom watering and misting occasionally.

Remember that bacteria salvage jar I kept rambling about? It made the largest and most beautiful fruit I have grown yet. Roughly 5 inches long, with a 2inch diameter cap. Wasn't hollow either. Nice and meaty.

Tray is still pinning. The 1/4 pints are starting to take off.

I know I kinda left for a while and forgot to update everyone on how it turned out, so here are the final images I got from this project.

Had a couple flushes from the cakes, only one from the tray becuase after the 1st flush it became food for the drain flies. I have since declared war on all non-filtered airhole FC... I rather liked that tray. These flushes were of course fan dried, dessiccant chambered and weighed. (That is the ones that made it to drying...) :wink:

The survivors of the hungry folk:

The tray that expired before it could fruit all it's flushes. RIP Phattie Shrooms. These were also the most true representative of the "Menace" attributes of it's spore giver.

On a happier note, I got this big guy out of the multi-rice+brf random jar:

And made this plate for my next project.

Keep an eye out for that!  :grin:

Big thanks to you fellas that were along with me for this one. Couldn't have done it without you.

Edited by ShamanDreamz (07/03/18 08:28 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleLemurLemur
Pray for Boog
 User Gallery

Loc: Drinking on the roof Flag
Re: Grow log, PF&Grains, 1st tray attempt. [Re: ShamanDreamz]
    #24611124 - 09/07/17 11:31 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Do a thin suedo case at spawning, its not a major endeavour.
Just heat treat your coir with bucket tek.
Wild rice? Hu..thats interesting. I dont know why u put coffee in there.
Try to use your best jar for g2g transfers to save alot of time.

After these trays your better go full bulk with a shoebox or mono or be perabanned 4 life!!!!

--------------------
(when my data is fast play Lemur in chess at chess.com)[ [gradient:#D40B29,#18C418]Any1 expecting a trade from me i havent forgot about you pinky promise, i fr promise shits just shit rt now[/gradient]

OfflineShamanDreamz
Dreamer
Male

Re: Grow log, PF&Grains, 1st tray attempt. [Re: LemurLemur]
    #24611162 - 09/07/17 11:48 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah probably will go bucket tek, seems easier than my other limited options...

Yeah it's like 10% wild rice, 85% WBR and the 5% coffee was I believe my attempt at increasing nitrogen, seen it around a bit and thought hey, why not.

All of it seems happy to colonize, though the mycelium seems like it isn't sure what to do with the wild rice, or it's simply having a hard time digesting it? Not sure. Looks interesting though. It seems to want it, but isn't sure how to use it. May be my imagination of course. But I've been watching it... Very, very closely...

Yeah I plan to go shoeboxes if I succeed with trays.  :grin:

Got it, pretty thin casing, keep it simple I guess, bit of verm and bit of lime? I only have the dry garden lime, but it should do. Might need to oven pasteurize that in a safe bag, or attempt to steam a jar of it, or some such. Unless sterilizing the casing would be a good idea, which seems contrary to what I have read, unless my interpretation is incorrect...

--------------------
"Death makes angels of us all, and gives us wings where we had shoulders smooth as raven's claws..."
~Jim Morrison

Edited by ShamanDreamz (09/18/17 08:46 AM)

InvisibleLemurLemur
Pray for Boog
 User Gallery

#24611213 - 09/07/17 12:14 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

U can even nuke it real quick in the micro wave for something small.

Whats wbr?

No lime, 50/50 coir/verm, plain coir works good to.

Just heat treat it, u never wanna sterilize your sub it'll kill the good germs and leave open territory for the bad 1s to take over.

Have u read Bod's link? with the all white name

--------------------
(when my data is fast play Lemur in chess at chess.com)[ [gradient:#D40B29,#18C418]Any1 expecting a trade from me i havent forgot about you pinky promise, i fr promise shits just shit rt now[/gradient]

OfflineShamanDreamz
Dreamer
Male

#24611226 - 09/07/17 12:22 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

I don't own a microwave... I ah... Enjoy cooking stove and oven.  :thumbup:

WBR=Whole Brown Rice afaik.

No lime? Coir for casing...? Ain't coir nutritious and generally not for casing? Could swear I've read that dozens of times, recently even...

Verm for sure though. Yeah I figured I was right about the sterilizing.

Yeah I went nuts on Bod's stuff. Good reading. Got a little sidetracked going through the thread, I'm pop back and have another look regardless.

Edit: Might be definition mix up...? I mean lime/verm or just verm for the casing layer on the top for after the tray sub has been fully colonized. Seemed to work out okay last grain I fruited, even just with straight verm casing layer.

Edit:
Just realized with a thin casing it probably really doesn't matter if coir is in it. Worth a shot maybe.  :confused:

Cheers for ideas/advice man.  :smile:

--------------------
"Death makes angels of us all, and gives us wings where we had shoulders smooth as raven's claws..."
~Jim Morrison

Edited by ShamanDreamz (09/07/17 12:34 PM)

InvisibleLemurLemur
Pray for Boog
 User Gallery

#24611249 - 09/07/17 12:35 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Then just boiling water then.

Oh okay.

No lime what so ever, coir has very low nutrition. They used to use it for casing back when every1 used straw as sub.

That cluster came from wbs+coir suedo cased with plain coir and was really good eats, it was only a cm or 2 thick casing.
Plain verm is only good for cakes it sucks for bulk casing.

That was my first bulk attempt, any thing less and its a permanent ban for you!!!

--------------------

Edited by LemurLemur (09/07/17 12:37 PM)

OfflineShamanDreamz
Dreamer
Male

#24611265 - 09/07/17 12:43 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Fair. That actually makes sense... Low nutrition = only used in bulk sub/thin casing or w/e. Noice. I can dig that.

Dayum... Mate... Nice pins.  :shocked:

Tried wbs once... I know where I went wrong, will give it a shot sometime again.

Hehe, I shall endeavour to cater to the appetites asap. Promise.  :evil:

I'll do a bit of g2g/LI grain once I get some grain at 100%, leaving agar till after this lot fruit though. Who knows, one might be worth cloning.

--------------------
~Jim Morrison

InvisibleLemurLemur
Pray for Boog
 User Gallery

#24611301 - 09/07/17 12:54 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Definitely clone N label. I have some agar pins on new plates, hopefully 1 of them will be winner.

I did that all with just a microwave N no agar, im telling ya better do better than that or ill have the admins ban u...

:lol:

--------------------

OfflineShamanDreamz
Dreamer
Male

#24611330 - 09/07/17 01:07 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

This myc seems pretty vigorous, I feel like I got a pretty good chance over the coming weeks, doubt you'll get rid of me that easy... Hehe.
:hehehe:

Such silky... I wanna say rhizo, but I don't feel qualified enough to make that statement. They sah pretty bro! I love watching them consume stuff.  :crazy:

--------------------
~Jim Morrison

InvisibleLemurLemur
Pray for Boog
 User Gallery

#24611438 - 09/07/17 02:11 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Theres tomotose (?) And rhyzo.

Hopefully its vigorous and not trying to outrun some bacteria

--------------------

OfflineShamanDreamz
Dreamer
Male

#24611452 - 09/07/17 02:17 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Tomentose* (I think)

About to upload better quality pics of the jars, one sec...

Edit: Success!

--------------------
~Jim Morrison

Edited by ShamanDreamz (09/07/17 02:22 PM)

OfflineShamanDreamz
Dreamer
Male

#24619698 - 09/11/17 04:11 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Update & Questions

So my Grain LI jar has been 100% for around 24hrs, and another tiny 30ml backup grain is in the same position, now, I plan to sterilize ~100ml water in a li'l jar with my pc again, along with a 20ml syringe and a 5ml, (For 6 more 1/4 pint PF Jars and either a large 350ml PF or Grain, idk open to suggestions) And I was after a bit of advice.

Ie;
Should I leave the Grain jar to be used for LI awhile to settle or w/e? (There is lots of aerial fuzz appearing, reaching for the sky) Or just go for it tomorrow? (48hrs after 100% visible colonization of essentially 50-60ml of grain)

Also after using it for LI, can I chuck the 30ml of grain in with the pre-used LI grains, case a little Verm to soak up a little moisture and just fruit it for shits and giggles?

Thanks in advance fellas, would love some wisdom on this. Might not be huge, but the LI will be doubling my spawn if I can pull it off.

PS: The other jars pictured above have essentially doubled in colonization, to varying degrees of 50-80%, so I'm not far off on the tray attempt! Changed my mind to either CVG or just plain Coir and some verm for the tray/s. No contams in sight at this stage, looking good!

Pics on request if you'd rather a visual, pre-advice... Cbf getting camera out til tray spawn/fruit/w/e...

Edited by ShamanDreamz (09/11/17 05:01 AM)

OfflineShamanDreamz
Dreamer
Male

#24622602 - 09/12/17 03:25 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Went ahead with the plan detailed above, figured I could manage. Innoc'd the 350ml, 2 1/4 pints. Saving the other 4 1/4 pints for a print that may turn out to be PESA, idk. No label. So yeah will MS that and wait for the rest to be ready to fruit. I expect that to be in a week or so.

The grain LI has been topped up with more colonized grain and I intend to let it recover and fruit it. unsure if it will work, but it's worth a shot. I don't like wasting even a scrap of spawn.

--------------------
~Jim Morrison

OfflineShamanDreamz
Dreamer
Male

#24630572 - 09/15/17 01:36 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Got all of the first jars to 90-100%, couple just chewing the last bits of sub. Excluding the experimental jar of WBR, wild rice and grounds.

That one is at around 80%, and has a small 2cmx6cm bacteria (I think) section which is getting slathered in metabolites. All looks really clean except for that section. It was the slowest to colonize, but still looks not terrible. Just isolated it, gonna let it do whatever it will do.

Gonna do a week or so consolidate of the 100% jars from today.
The LI jars are starting to recover/spread. Looks good.
The suspected PESA hasn't started putting out myc yet, but MS innoc, what can you do, just gonna wait for those suckers.

--------------------
~Jim Morrison

Edited by ShamanDreamz (09/18/17 08:59 AM)

OfflineShamanDreamz
Dreamer
Male

#24637021 - 09/17/17 05:36 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Crumbled 2 1/4pint pf cakes to replace the somewhat bacterial looking grain jar I was going to use in the tray, left them in a Ziploc bag with a micro-pore taped hole to recover, did the same with 2 1/4pint WBR jars.

These will be the spawn for my small tray of coir.

I gotta say, after crumbling what was once thick fluffy cake, it never looks very colonized post-crumble. Freaks me out a little, just concerning. Worry about contams. I work pretty clean, but it doesn't take much...

Shall see how they look in a few days. And then I think I will spawn the tray finally, and cover it with foil+micropore taped holes to chew the sub for another few days.

Any input on my plan is more than welcome, being my 1st attempt and all.

--------------------
~Jim Morrison

OfflineShamanDreamz
Dreamer
Male

#24639992 - 09/18/17 08:45 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

My worries were pointless. Barely 24hrs later the crumbled cake spawns have recovered beautifully. Going to prep the coir/verm tomorrow and spawn as soon as it's cooled, cover it up with some plastic wrap+holes/micropore tape, leave to colonize, open to fruiting in either my new mini SGFC, or I will go get a new tub and use that, cos I'll probably need the mini SGFC for cakes. At least two cakes will be consolidated soon, and another 2 not far behind those from my grain LI first hand first try... Loved it, it works quite quickly. Sort of wish I had done more.

Suspected PESA MS doesn't seem to have germinated even yet, bit slow to start for fresh spores. Innoc on those 4 1/4pints(BRF/Verm)+~200mlPP5 of leftover mix was 6 days past, might be temps, like ~22C.

Interestingly an ~300ml glass jar full of random leftover BRF+Verm mix, WBR+Wild Rice+coffee leftovers, took very well to single site 5ml LI, colonizing from the center out, very fluffy on top and bottom, I just love the idea of an internal pillar of mycelium, spreading out. Look forward to fruiting it if it makes it.

--------------------
~Jim Morrison

OfflineShamanDreamz
Dreamer
Male

#24642979 - 09/19/17 06:30 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Prepped the coir/verm, and it's been at 170F when first mixed in an esky and temp taken at adding hot water, dropping to 140F around 4 hours after, checked like twice, so I think I'm happy with that. Looks like it'll stay around 140F for awhile so, I'm just gonna wait til it cools, spawn to the 8"x8"x2" tray, will update original post with a few pics probably.

If anyone disagrees with layers of spawn/bulk alternating, bulk being top+bottom layers, alternating, etc, covering with micropore covered holes in a piece of cling wrap, lemme know like soon, cos that's my current plan. When the coir is cool. Thinking it'll be ~1:2.5 spawn/coir&verm.

Also still not sure if I ought to get a new tub, or use the mini SGFC I have, which it'll only just fit into, with ~1.5 inch space on two sides, while the others will be against side of chamber... This being how I was considering fruiting my tray.

Alternatively, I have a short greenhouse "tent" and a humidifier I was not planning on using, which I doubt I'll need. These are not pressing questions, got a few days till I have to think fruiting. Pretty sure.

Any opinions/pointers on the above?

--------------------
~Jim Morrison

Edited by ShamanDreamz (09/19/17 06:37 AM)

Offlinedhype773
Enter the Void
Male User Gallery

Loc: Valhalla
    #24642993 - 09/19/17 06:47 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ShamanDreamz said:
Prepped the coir/verm, and it's been at 170F when first mixed in an esky and temp taken at adding hot water, dropping to 140F around 4 hours after, checked like twice, so I think I'm happy with that. Looks like it'll stay around 140F for awhile so, I'm just gonna wait til it cools, spawn to the 8"x8"x2" tray, will update original post with a few pics probably.

If anyone disagrees with layers of spawn/bulk alternating, bulk being top+bottom layers, alternating, etc, covering with micropore covered holes in a piece of cling wrap, lemme know like soon, cos that's my current plan. When the coir is cool. Thinking it'll be ~1:2.5 spawn/coir&verm.

Also still not sure if I ought to get a new tub, or use the mini SGFC I have, which it'll only just fit into, with ~1.5 inch space on two sides, while the others will be against side of chamber... This being how I was considering fruiting my tray.

Alternatively, I have a short greenhouse "tent" and a humidifier I was not planning on using, which I doubt I'll need. These are not pressing questions, got a few days till I have to think fruiting. Pretty sure.

Any opinions/pointers on the above?

Don't layer it like lasagna. Mix it VERY WELL in the bucket before you put it in the tray. That way it's perfectly mixed when you fill and level the tray. Make sure you're very OCD about the surface being level. ☆make sure to set aside a bit of uninocculated sub before mixing to make a 1/8" thick to layer (pseudo casing). GL.

--------------------

OfflineShamanDreamz
Dreamer
Male

Re: Grow log, PF&Grains, 1st tray attempt. [Re: dhype773]
    #24643014 - 09/19/17 06:59 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Ah, awesome, thanks dhype, will definitely do that. As soon as it's cool.

--------------------
~Jim Morrison

Offlinedhype773
Enter the Void
Male User Gallery

#24643027 - 09/19/17 07:10 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ShamanDreamz said:
Ah, awesome, thanks dhype, will definitely do that. As soon as it's cool.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineShamanDreamz
Dreamer
Male

Re: Grow log, PF&Grains, tray spawned (Update 19/9) [Re: ShamanDreamz]
    #24643174 - 09/19/17 09:14 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Original post has been updated with a 19/9/2017 section detailing some pics+info. Including the tray I just spawned.

Don't worry, it's covered up now...

Any further suggestions on fruiting chamber designs for a tray would be appreciated, but I do think I'm going to buy a new tub and make either a much larger SGFC or just use a tub, loose lid, something similar. Or maybe a micropore version of a monotub? First two seem viable afaik from my reading. I feel like the 3rd could work.

Perhaps not the mini-SGFC... Feels sort of wrong.

--------------------
~Jim Morrison

Edited by ShamanDreamz (09/19/17 09:15 AM)

Offlinedhype773
Enter the Void
Male User Gallery

#24643184 - 09/19/17 09:21 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

For $10 you can get 10 shoebox totes. Each one can be treated like a miniature Unbodified mono.

--------------------

OfflineShamanDreamz
Dreamer
Male

Re: Grow log, PF&Grains, tray spawned (Update 19/9) [Re: dhype773]
    #24643209 - 09/19/17 09:37 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

dhype773 said:
For $10 you can get 10 shoebox totes. Each one can be treated like a miniature Unbodified mono.

:thumbup:
Was thinking that may be the best/easiest option, think I will do so. Cheers again man.

:grin:

--------------------
~Jim Morrison

Offlinedhype773
Enter the Void
Male User Gallery

#24643217 - 09/19/17 09:42 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Right on. Cube mycelium can actually eat through aluminum trays. Crazy shit. I have my first shoebox going now. You can see it in my journal.

--------------------

OfflineShamanDreamz
Dreamer
Male

#24643297 - 09/19/17 10:27 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Right on. Cube mycelium can actually eat through aluminum trays. Crazy shit. I have my first shoebox going now. You can see it in my journal.

Noice! Indeed, looks good. Further ahead than mine by a few days, hey...

I might have to watch it grow up.

--------------------
~Jim Morrison

Offlinedhype773
Enter the Void
Male User Gallery

#24643393 - 09/19/17 11:13 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

I'll be watching this thread too. :cheers:

--------------------

OfflineShamanDreamz
Dreamer
Male

#24645598 - 09/20/17 03:42 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

dhype773 said:
Yeah, they do seem similar. That's why I felt confident answering your post. But I actually think the totes are cheaper! 94 cents a piece at Walmart including the lid. Thanks BTW, I have high hopes!

They likely are cheaper, in the end, as I will need a tote to fruit the tray (5 Al trays for like 2-3 bucks 8" squared, 2"deep, of course, single use...)Anyways...      :facepalm3:

I got this whole way into it, only to realize at the end, the tray is extraneous, overall, and essentially adding an unnecessary material cost. Unless I was going for a flat fattie cake. Figuring stuff out is all good fun though.

I've had reasonably good work method this time around I think, but never really thought too hard about the materials I was using.

Also a sidenote on the random small bacteria spot half-pint of grain; I pulled out 2/3rds of it, and it is nice looking clean mushroom smelling grain (if a bit dry), so I crumbled into a bag with like twice as much coir/verm. Not sure it'd be deep enough in a tray, so I may just keep it in the bag. or move it to SGFC if it colonizes. It's a big Ziploc with a 2cmx1cm hole cut and micropored, double layer, for GE. I feel like the fully colonized grains not in the area of the spot might go alright on coir in a bag. It's isolated, so I figure it can't cause too much trouble.

Dimensions are probably 1' long, 3" diameter, gently compacted in the bag.

Also, stuffed about a quarter inch layer of coir/verm on top of a PF after a dunk. It's the most consolidated one, because it was a little shorter on the brf/verm level, thus colonized first. Chucked the lid back on. Would bod's bag tent thing he does (straight to fruiting) be wiser I wonder?

Honestly just trying to use the prepped coir up. So wish I'd done more grain jars now... I've been eyeing off pints and larger at the shop enviously now for a bit. But my PC is tiny. None would fit. Such sadness.  :sad:

--------------------
~Jim Morrison

OfflineShamanDreamz
Dreamer
Male

Re: Grow log, tray spawned, cakes in SGFC (Update 22/9) [Re: ShamanDreamz]
    #24652536 - 09/22/17 10:34 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Had a lot of trouble uploading pics last night. First post updated appropriately. Seems to work after I mess around with the pics abit. Weird. Anyways. The pictures would've been better if I'd taken them today. The Dunk'n'Roll PF is currently more puffy with more little "nodes".

The 1/4inch coir topped 1/2pint PF is rising through steadily. Looks a bit better than yesterdays pic.

Tray is hard to see, and has completely evened out it's colonization of the coir 1/8" layer overnight, since pic was taken. Still don't think it's ready for it's tub yet. Guess I wait until I can barely see the coir layer anymore.

Edited by ShamanDreamz (09/22/17 10:38 PM)

Offlinedhype773
Enter the Void
Male User Gallery

#24652977 - 09/23/17 05:43 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

The tray is coming along well.

--------------------

OfflineShamanDreamz
Dreamer
Male

#24652986 - 09/23/17 05:57 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks man. Yeah that pic does it no justice. It's way more colonized right now than there. I'll be fruiting probably in 2 days, it picked up speed abit.

Even the random couple of cakes are surprising me. They just seem sorta nice. For cakes. I'm seeing good things I think. Bumps, n' such.

--------------------
~Jim Morrison

Offlinedhype773
Enter the Void
Male User Gallery

#24653025 - 09/23/17 07:06 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

I assume the bumps are knotting. Good stuff man.

--------------------

InvisibleGluckon
From the Crypt

#24653117 - 09/23/17 08:45 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Coming along quite well!

Reading through your thread it was mentioned about the 6qt dub tubs. Munchauzen wrote a little bit about them on this thread. I saved it and I think you might enjoy it as well. It's a short read.

Looking good though, keep it up!

OfflineShamanDreamz
Dreamer
Male

Re: Grow log, PF&Grains, 1st tray attempt. [Re: Gluckon]
    #24653207 - 09/23/17 10:05 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Hey thanks Gluckon. Went and checked out that thread. Looks pretty neat, seems like most people are getting good results with primarily unmodified tubs of varying sizes/configurations everywhere I look, I will be probably looking at a few unmodded/dubs when I can afford a presto w/quart jars.

At this time I'm limited to roughly 1-3 of those Al trays at a time, and however many 1/4-1/2 pint cakes I can be bothered doing because of how much grain I can PC. So I shall probably use the 7 or so trays I have left before I make the switch.

It's funny/ironic really, because I'll be using a 20L unmodded tub with a pretty crappy lid, (has some good airgaps along it's long edge), to fruit my tray/s. Been looking at it and I reckon I could get 2 of these trays in it.

Thanks guys. I'll be back with pics when I see some pins for sure.

--------------------
~Jim Morrison

Edited by ShamanDreamz (09/23/17 10:07 AM)

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
    #24653377 - 09/23/17 11:48 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

:popcorn:

--------------------
"Conscious contains the ideas, the thoughts, the building blocks behind every reality. Sentience, on the other hand, is the creative force that animates reality and experiences all possible emotions and sensations within them. Consciousness creates reality, sentience experiences reality. Together, consciousness and sentience create the totality of Creation." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms | Trippy Gematrix | Dj Teknological at BandLab.com | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || Remember George Floyd (END THE POLICE STATE!) ||                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017:: Aug 19th to 21st :: Pure Paradise. :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:  :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | Water-Bath Cacti Tea:bongload::cacti: 

OfflineShamanDreamz
Dreamer
Male

#24657893 - 09/25/17 06:16 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Update 25/9/17:

Pretty much everything is in the fruiting conditions now. Tray looked pretty lovely when I opened it up, so I gave it a shimmering layer of dew after placing it in the 20L unmodified, no sealed edges, so I figure it'll be alright, might give it a fan after misting, and perhaps prop it open an inch on one side on occasion. Looks great, should've got pics of the water droplets, but yeah...

The 2 other cakes have joined the rest in the Mini-SGFC. I think we're seeing primordia on the original two...(???)

--------------------
~Jim Morrison

Edited by ShamanDreamz (09/25/17 06:26 AM)

Offlinedhype773
Enter the Void
Male User Gallery

#24658022 - 09/25/17 07:19 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Looking good man

--------------------

OfflineShamanDreamz
Dreamer
Male

Re: Grow log, tray in 20L unmodded tub, cakes in SGFC (Update 25/9) [Re: ShamanDreamz]
    #24660417 - 09/26/17 02:25 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

I'm am having a bit of trouble wrapping my head around the unmodded tubs for some reason. Worried mainly about humidity lacking, and that closing the lid only leaves 1mm gap for FAE... So I've flipped the lid to allow the raised handles of lid to prop it, creating like an ~1/8th of an inch gap around the whole top of the tub.

Alternatively, I have a metal prop I could use to make that more, but I'm sticking with the middle option of ~1/8th of an inch for now.

I just am trying to figure out wether when I go out ~5-10hrs, I should loosely shut the lid, (1mm airflow), or leave it the 1/8th inch. I guess this is something I will just have to observe, with the moisture loss/retention. (roughly 1-2 light mists/day atm)

Not sure what the humidity is like in there. Looks okay for now. Still learning to balance my fruiting conditions in a non-SGFC.

--------------------
~Jim Morrison

Edited by ShamanDreamz (09/26/17 04:06 AM)

OfflineShamanDreamz
Dreamer
Male

Re: Grow log, tray in 20L unmodded tub, cakes in SGFC (Update 25/9) [Re: ShamanDreamz]
    #24662966 - 09/27/17 01:05 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Gotten abit more comfortable with unmodded tubs... But... I saw a drain fly in it sitting on the inside wall of the tub this morning. Killed it immediately. But I hope like hell it wasn't a female. I figure my chances are like 50/50.

Like I just want it to be some drain fly dude, bein' all like, "Hey, look at all this moisture, and what a view!" Cos then the little prick wouldn't be able to lay eggs.

Everything else is inaccessible to drain flies. I knew I was gonna stress about this. Only seen the one though so... Fingers crossed.  :shrug:

Edit:
The SGFC is in the best, safest condition however, large primordia/pins(soon...? No stem yet.) that are the size of beans in the case of 2/5-6ish of them, on the best jar... The coir-topped one. Interesting.

3 much smaller on the dunk and rolled. So far, visible.

1/4 pints are slowly relaxing into the SGFC, nothing exciting yet.

The tray looks lovely, the threads have twisted together across the surface, little beads of myc rising. But that drain fly scared the crap outta me tbh. I just woke up to it, at the top near the lid. The light didn't help probably, last night and all.  :facepalm3:

Edited by ShamanDreamz (09/27/17 02:09 AM)

OfflineShamanDreamz
Dreamer
Male

#24677409 - 10/02/17 10:42 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Everythings looking awesome. ~15 pins on both 1/2 pints, fattening slowly. Had a mad side pinning issue with the coir topped, had to take it out of the jar. Pulled off nearly all of the side/bottom pins. They're in a desiccant chamber. Still a nice set on top of it. Was wondering why they were so slow, then I saw the large meaty side pins...

Love it. 2 tiny pins have appeared on the tray. Another 2 on my odd salvage log in it's own tub. 1/4 pints are still stretching out in the mini SGFC. No pins on em yet, but they'll get there. I think one side of the 1/2 pint dunk and roll may not be great conditions, all the pins are around the bottom where I water, and on the side away from the FAE holes. Couple on the top, but most are in the bottom-watering section. Looks amusing.

So far seems pretty good. I will need to get more batteries for the camera to show you what I mean, but I will do so soon.

--------------------
~Jim Morrison

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
    #24677434 - 10/02/17 10:50 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------
Everything you need in one spot.

My Q&A thread. Ask me questions here rather than in Private Message
Bod's chat thread

BTC: 1G7roCpYmNp4VqnKySQeBkaFTc7JMzKLpL
ETH: 0x2091cE981af8129986C50AC0818e1aCA76076768
DOGE: DQNyGtUNHwYUrGECag1VRmMcf6QVeTY4V1

OfflineShamanDreamz
Dreamer
Male

Re: Grow log, tray in 20L unmodded tub, cakes fruiting (Update 8/10/2017) [Re: ShamanDreamz]
    #24692632 - 10/08/17 12:19 AM (4 years, 1 month ago)

Main thread updated. Also I have taken 3 MEA plates of tissue from my best fruit, printing it also now. First MEA plates, they aren't too pretty, they are a little more solid than I'd have though but we shall see.

So far ~8g dry has been pulled. More drying.

Phone pic quality not the best, sorry guys.

The 1/2 pint cakes have each fruited ~4g dry, although 1 flush got eaten before it could be dried (~40g wet). They don't seem keen to pin again, that may have been all they had in them. Will give them another week. Been bottom watering and misting occasionally.

Remember that bacteria salvage jar I kept rambling about? It made the largest and most beautiful fruit I have grown yet. Roughly 5 inches long, with a 2inch diameter cap. Wasn't hollow either. Nice and meaty.

Tray is still pinning. The 1/4 pints are starting to take off.

Seems that trays take a lot longer than cakes. Still been pretty impressed.

Had a good taster round of the first lot of fruits. 3g dry gave someone a lvl 3. 33g fresh gave someone a lvl 4 bordering on lvl 5. Was lemon-tea'd though, so makes sense. He was a happy chappie.

Again I just gotta say, I've been having a pretty successful run. Thanks for getting me this far everyone, been having a great time with this log.

I'll get hold of some good pics of my plates and tray when it's further along. First agar, hope I pulled the right kind of inner tissue...  :rolleyes:

Guess I'll find out soon.

--------------------
~Jim Morrison

Edited by ShamanDreamz (10/08/17 12:27 AM)

OfflineShamanDreamz
Dreamer
Male

Re: Grow log, tray fruited in unmodded tub, +various cakes (Finished 11/2017) [Re: ShamanDreamz]
    #25305887 - 07/03/18 08:21 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

I know I kinda left for a while and forgot to update everyone on how it turned out, so I posted the final images I got from this project, in the original post. I hope I'm not resurrecting a terribly dead thread, I know that's rude, but I couldn't locate a rule against it, so I figured you wouldn't mind a blast from last year.

It's semi relevant to the present day anyways as I am using this plate (Which survived 6-8months in my fridge):

From this Shroom:

For my next project, which is colonizing right now, so I'll be back very soon with a new log.

Thanks guys. Hope I did okay. Only going to get better.  :wink:

--------------------
~Jim Morrison

Edited by ShamanDreamz (07/03/18 08:29 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder