Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season 🍄 👌 [Re: nightraving]
    #26223993 -

nightraving said:
Albinos? One is absolutely huge!





Nope or highly doubt it!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season 🍄 👌 [Re: nightraving]
    #26223994 -

nightraving said:
Albinos? One is absolutely huge!





Not libs, sorry friend

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season 🍄 👌 [Re: Mice-Helium]
    #26223998 -

Wonder what they could be...the smaller one seems to look almost identical to a lib apart from colour. Found in close proximity to actual libs too.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season 🍄 👌 [Re: nightraving]
    #26224032 -

nightraving said:
Wonder what they could be...the smaller one seems to look almost identical to a lib apart from colour. Found in close proximity to actual libs too.





Looks like a dried out/older lib, but don't take this as a positive ID!
Is there much of a nipple on top? might be worth a spore print.


--------------------
I still don't know what I don't know, but I know there is much that I still don't know...
Please don't trust my ID alone - I am just a noob making an effort. If in doubt, throw it out.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season 🍄 👌 [Re: p.bio]
    #26224050 -

Here's a picture before picking.



A friend of mine who I trust and who's been at this for the last 20 years gave me the thumbs up on it. Only found about 5 though so far.

Edited by nightraving (10/02/19 06:57 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season 🍄 👌 [Re: nightraving]
    #26224053 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season 🍄 👌 [Re: nightraving]
    #26224054 -

nightraving said:
Albinos? One is absolutely huge!





Bolbitius titubans.


--------------------


★★★★★

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season 🍄 👌 [Re: Anglerfish]
    #26224072 -

Okay, thanks for the ID!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season 🍄 👌 [Re: nightraving]
    #26224136 -

nightraving said:




Yeah certainly looks like it to me, but just as a disclaimer I'm not an expert. Has just dried out a bit, hence the colour change. Your fresh ones will go like that too after a couple of hours indoors,


--------------------
I still don't know what I don't know, but I know there is much that I still don't know...
Please don't trust my ID alone - I am just a noob making an effort. If in doubt, throw it out.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season 🍄 👌 [Re: Smithy3098]
    #26224401 -

skidog said:
Granto said:
Hows The central Scotland flushes going this year so far???

Looking to get out on the harvest after this little cold snap.



Flushing hard just now with the cold and rain. I’ve picked more in the last few weeks than my previous two years combined


Cheers, will get out soon.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season 🍄 👌 [Re: Proton]
    #26224759 -

Thanks for the help dude, was kinda thinking the flatter capped ones weren't upto much. I'm quite happy with that from my first time hunting libs - itching to get back oot!:mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season 🍄 👌 [Re: Bird Person]
    #26224986 -

Keep at it I'm hitting the peak district at the week end got lots of early spots to check

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season 🍄 👌 [Re: hammy1985]
    #26225029 -

I'm thinking of a trip there too, been checking local parks etc again tonight, approx 150m, found one pan. and that was it. Plus it would be nice to get out into the hills 🙂 then if they do turn up locally in a few weeks bonus, but have tried for a few years and was only when I did venture further a field this year that I've had success


--------------------
I still don't know what I don't know, but I know there is much that I still don't know...
Please don't trust my ID alone - I am just a noob making an effort. If in doubt, throw it out.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season 🍄 👌 [Re: p.bio]
    #26225075 -

Where I live we have not had decent rain since June. The horror...

Living vicariously I see a post tropical system heading to the British Isles this weekend. If you got a job next week quit it. Dole sounds good. GF wants to do something. There's other fish in the sea. :wink: Get out there!

brb ennui calls

Edited by Stosch (10/02/19 02:27 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First find of the season 👌 [Re: Jevelzee]
    #26225083 -

Nice! Looking forward to hunting again soon!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Mendips, Bristol, UK [Re: psilostroma] * 1
    #26225119 -

Already posted these to get an ID in the main board but thought I'd put the info on this thread too as it may be helpful for other South West foragers.

It's been raining for a week and today was the first dry day with some sunshine. Found 60g wet at 260m in the Mendip Hills, 30 mins south of Bristol. I spent the first two hours looking in fields with longer grass which were more sheltered and at lower altitudes, perhaps too warm because I couldn't find any of what I was looking for. Then I found this field/meadow on the top of a hill, very exposed and the grass was much shorter. There were sheep grazing in nearby fields but not in this one and no sign that they had been recently, but perhaps a few years ago? Found the first cluster of 4-6 libs and from there I could often spot another grouping a few meters away. The sun really reflects off their silver/white cap from a distance.

I spent two hours in this field, and I felt like a spoilt kid. Could someone with more experience let me know, now that I've found a decent amount here can I rely on this field to produce more in the future? How quickly do these little friends return once picked? If at all?

Thanks


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mendips, Bristol, UK [Re: ontheground]
    #26225154 -

Nice haul


--------------------
I still don't know what I don't know, but I know there is much that I still don't know...
Please don't trust my ID alone - I am just a noob making an effort. If in doubt, throw it out.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mendips, Bristol, UK [Re: ontheground]
    #26225166 -

ontheground said:




Poster material. :thumbup:

Really nice finds.


--------------------


★★★★★

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Possible Liberty Caps? [Re: ontheground]
    #26225222 -

Good Evening All!!

My deepest apologise's in advance as I know I should create my own thread for Identification purposes; but am having great trouble navigating the site (total newbie here).

Anywho...

I went out for a lil mushy hunt today down in the South West of England, near Wiltshire and am wondering if anyone here could possibly help a brother out by identifying these 'lil guys?
I feel pretty confident that they are Lib's, but a second/third opinion would help me tremendously for future reference!
Found them all relatively close to each other in a grassland/pasture were I believe Cows/Sheep have been grazing quite recently (shit everywhere).

Many Thanks in advance!



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mendips, Bristol, UK [Re: Anglerfish]
    #26225291 -

Nice haul ontheground :thumbup:

Slim pickings today



Tried to get on the field but couldn’t as severely flooded



Plenty of other fungi goings on tho



--------------------
Back once again with the ill behaviour



Links I like

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | | Last >

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Liberty caps? [5 images] d_myco420 5,283 9 10/06/02 06:13 PM
by DocPsilocybin
* Liberty Caps : The offical "Fall 2004 Season" post
( 1 2 3 4 ... 14 15 )
Gumby 65,262 299 11/23/18 07:26 PM
by Bigmac84
* Liberty Cap Dosage?
( 1 2 all )
DocPsilocybin 56,905 39 10/24/19 10:02 AM
by Anglerfish
* Liberty Caps In England, (yes, i kno its not th season yet!) mcbob 12,380 13 02/18/04 04:52 AM
by gwum
* Liberty caps in england...
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
Ajoc 55,551 145 10/15/16 03:39 PM
by Masterp123
* Damnit, now I'm turned off from hunting for liberty caps! megaman3 33,037 17 08/22/03 01:12 PM
by Mitchnast
* Best conditions to hunt for Liberty Caps? BongmasteR 25,783 7 11/10/01 04:33 PM
by Psylosymon
* I found some liberty caps, in summer Blu Spore 3,879 5 06/16/04 11:59 AM
by GGreatOne234

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
58,098 topic views. 0 members, 11 guests and 44 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.012 seconds on 18 queries.