Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSole_Worthy
Stranger

Loc: over here
Love
    #2320575 - 02/10/04 06:36 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Peace -> Acceptance -> Understanding -> Empathy -> Love

That is all :eek:

--------------------
get it all together get like birds of a feather

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: Love [Re: Sole_Worthy]
    #2322072 - 02/10/04 10:42 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

lol. So i guess after all that i should "feel" love? Last night i was thinking about how long its been since I felt "love". I can see love, and i know when people are expressing compassion and empathy. And the love from my friends. But other than that, i think my heart has grown cold or turned to stone. I am as nice as i can be too people within reason, but i cant seem to "feel" it.

Thoughts alone wouldnt be enough.

--------------------
What?

Anonymous

#2322095 - 02/10/04 10:44 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
    #2322145 - 02/10/04 10:53 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I am suing you for replicating my template. If you would like to settle, PM me.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: Love [Re: SpecialEd]
    #2322481 - 02/10/04 11:59 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I'll represent both of you.  :grin:  Just sign this little piece of paper waiving the conflict of interest...

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
Re: Love [Re: Frog]
    #2322605 - 02/11/04 12:22 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Sounds good, can you get me a lot of money?

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2326543 - 02/12/04 01:31 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

how does peace lead to acceptance?? or is that acceptance leads to peace??

isn't acceptance an understanding??

empath??? hmmm would you care to define that, or tell us how you are defining it?

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Offlinepeleg
Gypsy
Loc: Christ Light
Re: Love [Re: kaiowas]
    #2326769 - 02/12/04 02:32 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

as fer me peace comes thru acceptence that im nothing more than a creature of habit and it's when these habits are broken that i am truly set free to experience Divine Love as that from the Creator

--------------------
"Well the first days are the hardest days." When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.....

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: Love [Re: peleg]
    #2326790 - 02/12/04 02:36 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

sweet. it could be the other way around, maybe there's isn't a certain way. maybe those arrows should bep pointing both ways and all of the words in a circle.

why does it have to be linear anyway, isn't it all connected?

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Offlinepeleg
Gypsy
Loc: Christ Light
    #2327008 - 02/12/04 03:25 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

yes it's all connected or rather were connected to All but it's a growing process like a baby learning to walk.theres a time fer nurturing like a newborn than a time fer crawling, walking, running, playing, growing, molding, shaping All in the Name of Love, but yeah it's a process of steps baby steps at first leading to adulthood,jus my two cents anyway, peace

--------------------
"Well the first days are the hardest days." When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.....

OfflineSole_Worthy
Stranger

#2331829 - 02/13/04 07:32 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

OK, this is something ive tried to explain from a moment of insight/revelation.

Lets work with the example that a friend has called you a "grapefruit". Out of all the fruits he/she called you a grapefruit! Your reaction is one of hurt. An Emotional reaction to the comment.

That night at home you keep going over the situation, you can not seem to sort it out in your mind. You feel bad about being called a grapefruit and you feel bad that a friend has called it you.

As you sit watching the news later that evening you feel a sensation wash over your mind. You are in a state of peace. In this state you have clairty of thought in which emotions do not effect your judgement.

In this emotionless state you are able to ponder the situation will totaly clarity. You remember how you led the friend to have made such a comment. This is in clear contrast to earlier when you claimed you had done nothing to provoke the fruit calling.

You start to look at the situation from your friends Point of view. You see cleary how your friend opperated. You no longer see things from your egotistical viewpoint. When you understand from your friends point of view it is as though you have expieriened as them. You come to realise the similarities between both your expieriences, that is the expierence of life. This draws a "bond" between you. With this bond in place and your understanding how could you help but feel love for them?

So i said peace is an emotionless state and Love is an emotion. I can work on it! :P

--------------------

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

#2332930 - 02/14/04 12:58 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

(Based on your scenario)

Detachment from illusion is not emotionless. It is converting irrational behaviors to a more emotionally healthy situation in which the path to love is always considered. Love is not just an emotion. Though it can be. But its also a state of mind, a bottle of perfume, and a four letter word.

Would you agree?

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

OfflineSole_Worthy
Stranger

Re: Love [Re: psyka]
    #2333923 - 02/14/04 12:28 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

In state of "peace" I am talking about it apears there is a detachment from the emotional ties we have to things, but they are very still much in place. The aparent detachment gives us the opportunity to consider things without emotion misguiding our judgement. Example I am attahched emotionaly to the chair I am sitting on and identify it as mine, I would be quite upset if you were to go and burn it.

I agree with you about love being more than simply emotion, but its main characteristic is feeling (emotion) and i said that was devoid in the state of peace.

Perhaps i should be clear about this"inisght". I was learning to meditate, or at least calming my mind, when I slowly entered into a peaceful state. At the peak of this state I began to think, my thinking was very clear. A state of clairty.

I thought about situations from my life which would usualy evoke an emotional responce, thus clouding my judgement. Things "just are", it seemed, and i was able to consider what really happened, or is going on.

I would say it apeared that i had lost emotional attachments, yet im sure they were, at some level, very much in place.

--------------------

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

#2334770 - 02/14/04 05:03 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

In which case, I think I would be happy to agree with you :smile:

I believe we understand the same concept yet express it differently.

Peace :smile:

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

Anonymous

#2334804 - 02/14/04 05:31 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Sole_Worthy said:
Peace -> Acceptance -> Understanding -> Empathy -> Love

That is all :eek:

:heart: :smile:

OfflineIng
Stranger
Loc: Sweden
    #2335904 - 02/15/04 01:54 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Very interesting insights, Sole Worthy! My experience is the same.

I never take things personally anymore, which shortens the first phase of upsetness considerably. Even if i can't yet see the reason behind the other person's actions, i have trained myself to always assume there is one, and to trust that if i knew of it, his or her behavior would make perfect sense. And when i do get to hear it - or figure it out myself - it always does.

And after you totally understand the other person's feelings and motives, how can you not love him or her? Actually, this is how i have learned to love myself too. The more i've started to understand my own needs and how i function, the more i have also come to appreciate and accept myself.

And by understanding and accepting myself, i have found it easier and easier to understand and accept others too. And this truly gives a peace of mind which nothing can ever cause more than temporary little ripples on.

So yes, i definitely agree both with the idea represented in the diagram - and with the suggestion of making it a circle instead.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology