Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
SEX
    #1663191 - 06/26/03 03:46 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

should it be saved only for someone you love? or is it okay to have sex with an acquaintence or a friend who you don't necessarily love? or how bout having casual, consensual sex with a complete stranger, such as a hooker or a person you meet on the internet?

what do you consider "okay" when it comes to this issue, and why?

--------------------
Namaste.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: SEX [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1663222 - 06/26/03 03:46 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Hey man, good post. The following is completely subjective.

should it be saved only for someone you love? or is it okay to have sex with an acquaintence or a friend who you don't necessarily love?
As long as it's consentual. Anything is okay if it's consentual, and doesn't physically harm anyone. :smile: I think sex is one of the most powerful things we can do to transform our consciousness.. If you want to experiment with it with someone you don't necessarily "love", then I think it's completely okay.

or how bout having casual, consensual sex with a complete stranger, such as a hooker or a person you meet on the internet?
I admit... this question morally confuses me, and have not had the experiences necessary to give my full opinion. But... I think if it feels right, go for it. :grin:

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
Re: SEX [Re: Adamist]
    #1663267 - 06/26/03 03:46 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Well I have the opinion that you don't have to be in a girlfriend/boyfriend relationship to have sex. As long as you know the girl is doing it out of love for you, and not a slut. In otherwords if you feel a close bond that has a feeling of love, not just sexual physical pleasure it is ok.

OnlineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
Re: SEX [Re: Earth_Droid]
    #1663291 - 06/26/03 03:46 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Why does there have to be love?

It is our biological initiative to procreate. This is the evolution of many species for millions of years.

Quote:

and not a slut.

I have long said "This world needs more sluts."
It will begin to convince the naysayers it is more acceptable, starting my "trickle down theory." And help me get laid more often.

DO WHAT THOU WILST

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
Re: SEX [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #1663303 - 06/26/03 03:46 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

We my friend must have a different definition of the word slut than. Do what Though Will Shall be the Whole of the Law is a great quote. Alesiter Crowley says that under love though But the only sluts I have met were only interested in sex. They were not interested in me. They were stupid and had nothing important to feel or care for other than their own sexual desires. I think if two loving individuals feel love towards each other and have sex, that is great. But if she is stricktly using her just to get her body to orgasm, I don't think that is right. I personally don't like being used by anyone.

Edited by Earth_Droid (07/26/03 02:49 AM)

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
    #1663307 - 06/26/03 03:46 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

HagbardCeline said:
Why does there have to be love?

I dont think there has to be...but i think wanting love to be there is also biologically important because if you have kids with somebody you love, they will be better off than if its with somebody you dont...and so from a biological standpoint love is somewhat important.

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: SEX [Re: Help on the Way]
    #1663314 - 06/26/03 03:46 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I could almost swear that sex is political....

hehhe

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Loc: Canada
Re: SEX [Re: Sclorch]
    #1663380 - 06/26/03 03:28 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I hear ya Earth Droid.. there was this girl in high school that I was interested in.. she ended coming over one day which resulted in a week of after-school-special sex, and when I asked her if she wanted to be my girlfriend, she brushed it off saying she liked things the way they were. It hurt.

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
Re: SEX [Re: nubious]
    #1663395 - 06/26/03 03:35 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

ya, I just lost my best friend (a girl) who I felt a special bond with me. She was going out with a friend at the time, so it didn't matter, that is when I met her in the first place. It seemed like she was hanging out with me more tha him and eventually she left him. Anyways she finally phoned me after a month and said she didn't talk to me for a long time because she was getting over it. She said she found a new boyfriend, and so I told her I was going to ask her out, but I guess it was too late. She said "I would have said yes". All of a sudden she is trying to avoide me, I havn't talked to her since. I don't know what oo think. I don't know what that has to do with sex, since I didn't get any from her. But I also feel hirt. Anyways, if I find someone else that seems as good as a friend as she did, I would have sex with her.

Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

#1663757 - 06/26/03 06:49 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I didn't get any from her

I absolutely hate that phrase...

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #1663913 - 06/26/03 09:23 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Sex. I'm in favour of it. Being in love is all well and good but doing it because it feels good is perfectly OK too.

Pretty much what Adamist said: if it's consensual, it's ok.

--------------------

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
    #1663941 - 06/26/03 09:41 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I can think of the following problems related to having sex with random people:

1. Sex can lead on to "harder" stuff, like love (the stepping-stone hypothesis). This can have all sorts of dangerous side-effects, like mortgages, in-laws, and dog hair in your sofa.

2. If you have sex with many different strangers, you run a higher risk of catching som nasty disease.

3. Hetero sex with women sometimes causes conjunction of haploid gametes in the cervix. That means a lot of diaper changing nine months later, and a lifetime relationship between the parents, whether they like it or not.

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
    #1663946 - 06/26/03 09:44 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I have long said "This world needs more sluts."
It will begin to convince the naysayers it is more acceptable, starting my "trickle down theory." And help me get laid more often. 

Amen to that!

When a man has a lot of casual sex he is "cool"
When woman has a lot of casual sex she is a "slut"
This is typical male chauvinistic monkey behavior.

Nothing wrong with sex is a natural drive repressing it makes it perverse and unnatural. (if some of you feel guilt, common among us westerners, analyze the conditioning imposed on you and erase it)
That is if you want have happy life :grin:

--------------------

OfflinePedM
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: SEX [Re: LOBO]
    #1663973 - 06/26/03 10:02 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

>> This is typical male chauvinistic monkey behavior.

Male dominance. It's geting old, I agree.

My girlfriend and I are crazy in love. We sleep together, of course, and I could not fathom enjoyment from sleeping with anybody else. She, though, does not feel much the same way. This is something that has been causing a lot of problems for us.

She feels as though sex with someone emotionally important is not too far apart from sex with a casual acquaintance. To her, it's just "playing". As such, she feels she can be with me on the emotional level we are, without reserving her sexual self for me.

Lately it seems she is beginning to see the error in this reasoning. Absoultely, sex with a person to whom you are emotionally intimate is very far apart from casual, meaningless intercourse. When the two are mixed together in someone's life, it causes many emotional rifts and confusions. This is experience talking, and, I think this trend will eventually overwhelm her desire to seek other partners. What is required, yet again, is patience on my part.

This is tough stuff, this relationship business. It demands so many sacrifices and comprimises, patience, insight and understanding.

Sorry to innundate you guys with my relationship reasoning. My point is, though, that casual sex while not "immoral", is touchy ground. It can and does cause problems extraneous to disease and pregnancy.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #1663997 - 06/26/03 10:25 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Well I have the opinion that you don't have to be in a girlfriend/boyfriend relationship to have sex.

As long as you are home alone with a "good" magazine?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#1664011 - 06/26/03 10:35 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Steve,

I don't think it really has to do with morals, but with depth. I am no Wilt Chamberlain, but have had my share of lovers. I can honestly say NOTHING COMES CLOSE to letting go of your fears and walls and being intimate with the one you truly love. I would rather kiss my "soulmate" than to make love to the hottest celebrity on earth.

Too many shallow lovers can leave you jaded and looking for the "ultimate" physical expression and yet always leave you feeling empty and looking for more as surface expression just doesn't get it.

I think the old quality vs. quantitiy cliche applies: Will you more likely find water (happiness, contentment, union, etc.) by drilling one well 100 feet deep or 100 wells 1 foot deep?

--------------------

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
Re: SEX [Re: Ped]
    #1664022 - 06/26/03 10:46 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I think this trend will eventually overwhelm her desire to seek other partners. What is required, yet again, is patience on my part.

I hope you have talked to her about this. When you have a Significant Other, I think one should only indulge in casual sex if both partners are happy with such an arrangement. You're not unreasonably possessive if you ask the other person to be faithful.

Just my opinion, I'm not telling you what you should do.

OfflineAlbino_Jesus
Clearly Retarded
 User Gallery

Loc: Construction ahead...
Re: SEX [Re: Swami]
    #1664025 - 06/26/03 10:48 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
Will you more likely find water (happiness, contentment, union, etc.) by drilling one well 100 feet deep or 100 wells 1 foot deep? 

what if you only have a 1 foot drill bit? :frown:

--------------------
The only difference between the Republican and Democratic parties is the velocities with which their knees hit the floor when corporations knock on their door.
-Ralph Nader

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: SEX [Re: Swami]
    #1664026 - 06/26/03 10:48 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

As long as the act is consentual with all partners involved...that's all that matters. The rest of the emotional and moral labeling/attachment is up to you and your beliefs. If you're single and are looking to have fun, be safe and respectful and go have fun. If you're dating or married, remain faithful, be safe and respectful and have fun.

There's no "correct" way to feel about sex aside from enjoying it for what it is. Don't make it out to be more than it is. It's sex. It's something natural and enjoyable. Most issues that people have regarding sex are self-made. Even worrying about labels such as "slut" misses the point entirely. I know plenty of people who have had TONS of casual or anonymous encounters...but that doesn't mean they're "untouchables" in any way...just means they really enjoy having sex. Just enjoy it in whichever way you find yourself most comfortable with it.

If someone thinks there's a "correct" way of having sex, look no further than their own mind. They've set their own blinds.

Love & Light,

Boppity

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: SEX [Re: Albino_Jesus]
    #1664031 - 06/26/03 10:55 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

what if you only have a 1 foot drill bit?

LOL! *hitches pants* Well babee, I ain't-a-braggin', but...

Hey wait a minute! I don't know any women with a 100 foot deep "well".

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology