Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleautomanM
blasted chipmunk
 User Gallery

WAR
    #1994155 - 10/09/03 04:21 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

does anyone else feel in thier gut a war coming on american soil? americans against the government? i cant shake this nagging feeling. i was just wondering if any of you all felt the same thing.

--------------------
No, no, you're not thinking, you're just being logical. ~ Niels Bohr

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinerockstafarian
unsui

Re: WAR [Re: automan]
    #1994236 - 10/09/03 04:48 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

nope, i wish some other world power would put our government in check though.

--------------------
^ Above post is complete fiction. ^

Offlinestart25
    #1994244 - 10/09/03 04:49 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I feel a war of the worlds coming on after this terrosim farce, but I don't think most Americans are motivated enough for a revolution- the majority live fairly well and blind to many injustices. When the shit starts really hitting the fan we will all be too dumbed down, docile and helpless to react anyway, and who can we react against- the government? It is mostly made up of people trying to do their best, many are misguided, but they think they are working for the common good anyway, so it's really a hopeless situation.

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Re: WAR [Re: start25]
    #1994331 - 10/09/03 05:17 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

The American people are not stupid, but they are among the most vengeful and thirsty for justice and equanimity. There is no telling to what degree the American people have been placated into an apathetic slumber, or what evils have been allowed to pass therefore. But it is undeniable; civil and cultural stagnation gives way to violent upheaval. Progress is a tangible force which is eternally patient, and can only be temporarily dammed. To wilfully plug the conduits of change is to peer into a cannon after it has jammed.

I feel in my gut that unimaginable events are in the near future. Among the most catestrophic events perceivable would be America's involvement in a civil or international war of grand and enduring scale. It could very well be so.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

Anonymous

Re: WAR [Re: Ped]
    #1994340 - 10/09/03 05:18 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

no

Offlinestart25
Re: WAR [Re: Ped]
    #1994528 - 10/09/03 05:59 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

"The American people are not stupid"
- Not stupid in regards to their mental capacities, but yes, they are dumbed down. I bet not even 25% could tell you the steps to pass a bill into law. Probably about the same couldn't tell you who their congressman and representatives are. Probably not even 10% could relate comprehension of even article 8 of the constitution (the constitution that gave them what little freedom they have left). Now I believe this is the fault of the controlled mass media, but it isn't hard to get motivated and find/read alternative news sources (find a hardcore liberal site, then a hardcore conservative site- that's how you deliberate and get to the bottom of things), hell I did it when I was 16 and I'm of very low intelligence. It has nothing to do with mental capacity or how smart you are, it has to do with caring, passion and an open mind willing to question why things are. If people don't even know how their lives are governed than how do you expect them to be active, intelligent participators in the evolution of this country.

Yeah, there's going to be unimaginable turmoil. After the next major terrorist attack, but more so in regards to the coming financial collapse, in which of course the answer will be a cashless society. You?re right too that an international war is probably coming on- just too many countries with destructive caches of weapons and too many disputes

You're right that "stagnation" gives way to upheaval, but who do we go after? There is some force driving us into constant chaos, some evil that guides this nation and world closer and closer to tyranny. How can we fight something we can't locate?

Offlinejahfeelirie
meatwad

#1994605 - 10/09/03 06:23 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

i feel it in the ole gut.

i feel positive that there is a good number of likeminded individuals on our side to whatever it is we finally face... shroomery is an example... our counterculture, freaky ways are alive and well.

or am i just high  :stoned:

--------------------
my signature is too long

Offlinewrine420
I walk the line
Re: WAR [Re: jahfeelirie]
    #2016547 - 10/16/03 10:04 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

It'd give a couple years. I dont think the mass of America is willing to take the step towards productive revolution, yet. The problem i have is that people no longer want to think, they just want to become rich. As a rant, i am really pissed by people's willingness to conform. Where have all the thinkers gone? Thats why i am going to Europe next year, to actually experince intelligent thought. But back on topic, until there is a large mass movement and cultural push for change, i dont think such a war is on the horizon.

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
Re: WAR [Re: wrine420]
    #2016827 - 10/17/03 12:29 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

man oh man - If anyone of us knew what the world will show in the next 50 years....

I dont mean to sound like a crazy , end of the world nutcase, but here are a few facts.....

1)  over 600,000 animals are killed each day in america for consumption. Think about this for a long, hard while.....thats about 200 billion a year. Each being feels pain like a human, and also fear. Could you imagine humans being treated the way we treat animals? What makes it worse to do that to humans?

2) its a fact that North Korea and the USA are having political differences right now. Iraq and Afghanistan before that. Iran, Syria, and NK right now. What will be next?

3) The internet has only existed for roughly 20 years, and look how far its come. information and knowledge has completely changed forever. Think of DOUBLE that time, 40 years. Will each human be directly linked to the internet?

Now some opinions....

1) We are entering an EXTREMELY hostile and negative era. This is all pattern, and will be replaced by a positive era in the next 5-15 years IMO. This wont come until MUCH hate, fear, and deaths have passed

thats all for right now as Im too tired to continue :smile:

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

#2016972 - 10/17/03 01:47 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I also think that we are standing at a truly unique place in history.  I feel that as the United States continues down it's path to world domination ( there can be no doubt that this is the path if we face facts), there will reach a point when we are spread so thin that the people may get brave enough to revolt.  I think that there are amazing things on the horizon and since Im a Christian and I believe in what is prophesied, it must get much much worse before it gets better.

I've got dibs on the Presidential Cabinet Torture Chamber.  j/k :smile:

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #2017642 - 10/17/03 10:30 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

"does anyone else feel in thier gut a war coming on american soil? americans against the government? i cant shake this nagging feeling. i was just wondering if any of you all felt the same thing. "

People had that nagging feeling in the '60s, and it looked a hell of a lot more likely then.

Some of the american people are a little riled up, but they're still one of the most comfortable countries on the planet, I've yet to hear of a revolution that didn't happen in an economically or violently repressed society.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Re: WAR [Re: Phluck]
    #2018475 - 10/17/03 04:53 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Have you ever driven during rush hour in any major metropolitan area of the US?

People have alot shorter fuses.

They are all just wet from the current propaganda.

--------------------

Offlinedomite
Puppet
Male User Gallery
Loc: Who's askin'?
    #2018490 - 10/17/03 05:02 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

" I'm of very low intelligence."

it doesent seem to be true from your post, perhaps you just said it to get your ego stroked, though...

as for the revolution thing... I dont see it, not yet anyway... It will take awhile before a substantial amount of people are pissed enough to stake thier lives.

Offlinestart25
Re: WAR [Re: domite]
    #2018926 - 10/17/03 07:46 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I really am of low intelligence, it wasn't meant to come acroos like those pity games that some people play. my point was that if stupid me can keep up on current affairs and analyze them, then anyone can, no excuses.

InvisibletrendalM Happy Birthday!
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #2018951 - 10/17/03 07:53 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I don't know if it will be an American civil war...but my intuition is strongly telling me that there are big changes on the horizon.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
    #2019427 - 10/17/03 11:23 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

start25 said:
"The American people are not stupid"
- Not stupid in regards to their mental capacities, but yes, they are dumbed down. I bet not even 25% could tell you the steps to pass a bill into law. Probably about the same couldn't tell you who their congressman and representatives are. Probably not even 10% could relate comprehension of even article 8 of the constitution (the constitution that gave them what little freedom they have left). Now I believe this is the fault of the controlled mass media, but it isn't hard to get motivated and find/read alternative news sources (find a hardcore liberal site, then a hardcore conservative site- that's how you deliberate and get to the bottom of things), hell I did it when I was 16 and I'm of very low intelligence. It has nothing to do with mental capacity or how smart you are, it has to do with caring, passion and an open mind willing to question why things are. If people don't even know how their lives are governed than how do you expect them to be active, intelligent participators in the evolution of this country.

Can you tell me the specific regulations one must follow in order to install a porch on ones house. Can you tell me how modify a semi-auto mac-10 into a fully auto. Intelligence is measured in many factors. I would rather have a nation of people who knew how to make goods and preform services than those who happened to know how the inner working of the gov't happened. There is a reason why america has a representative gov't and that is so the common man doesnt have to bother himself with the gov't all the time.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Offlinestart25
Re: WAR [Re: d33p]
    #2020155 - 10/18/03 08:32 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Really, I didn't know that being able to descibe how federal legislation is passed, or what the most important parts of the constitution dictate was considered "the inner workings of gov."

Knowing how to build a porch or the mechanics of a gun does not have anything to do with why I'll be thrown in jail if I'm caught with drugs, or where half my pay check goes, or why our country is going to war etc. There is one force that impacts our lives more than any others- that's the government. If people truly care about their lives and futures, they will keep close watch over the people that govern them.

"The price of liberty is eternal vigilance." Thomas Jefferson

Offlineceephax
Tapeworm

Loc: Gastrointestinal track
    #2021684 - 10/18/03 11:21 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

according to Plato, democracy (equal pursuit of greed/desires, which adequately describes the U.S.) eventually will descend into a tyranny (rule by one non-rational individual)

war, like you said, may cause the U.S. to become a tyranical government, or war might be a product of a tyrannical government

- just some thoughts while afterglowing

--------------------
What am I saying? I'm not even Chinese!

Offlinestart25
Re: WAR [Re: ceephax]
    #2022469 - 10/19/03 10:28 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

That is very possible. he witnessed "democratic" Athens bitch around everyone in the Delian League and then pay for it, hopefully we will hold our evil politicians accountable too.

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
    #2022779 - 10/19/03 02:00 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

the american people are NOT smart. They may be intelligent - but they lack common sense, and the ability to see things as they truly are.

Americans have been GREATLY dumbed down as a whole through television, illegal drugs, legal prescription drugs, poisonous food ,poisonous water, and a horrible living environment (the air we breath in america, atleast where I live is the cause of much dis-ease)

I love my american brothers, but unless they can take a stand and leave their comfortable/obese positions of security and actually fight for whats right - then NOTHING will change.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale