Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: I'm glad we have famine war conflict and strife [Re: rogue_pixie]
    #3024449 - 08/19/04 04:20 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

why is it evil?
I see no direct sign of "evil" - and it just seems like he's glad theres something to distract him from having to deal with reality at its most basic level.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
    #3024454 - 08/19/04 04:21 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

rogue_pixie said:
Quote:

Morrowind said:
he has a "right" to believe and say what he wants.

Doesn't stop him from being an evil cunt.

Stop being blinded by your emotions. This is the kind of thinking which some people stereotype women as having proving they are unfit for positions of power.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Invisiblerogue_pixie
faerydae
Female User Gallery

Loc: UK
Re: I'm glad we have famine war conflict and strife [Re: vampirism]
    #3024459 - 08/19/04 04:22 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

If you agree with the "I'm glad we have famine, war and strife" statement...then no, dear, it's not evil in the slightest.

--------------------
"Whatever you do, you need to keep moving.  Because when you stop moving you die (physically and emotionally).

Good luck and blessings of happiness and fortune." ~ RandalFlagg RIP

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#3024470 - 08/19/04 04:25 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I don't agree. But I will not be swayed by someone's personal thoughts into an emotional backlash, besides which, I don't see him supporting war, famine and strife. I do see him thankful for their existence. I am thankful that everything exists. Does that mean I like everything? No.

Invisiblerogue_pixie
faerydae
Female User Gallery

Re: I'm glad we have famine war conflict and strife [Re: d33p]
    #3024475 - 08/19/04 04:26 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

d33p said:
Quote:

rogue_pixie said:
Quote:

Morrowind said:
he has a "right" to believe and say what he wants.

Stop being blinded by your emotions. This is the kind of thinking which some people stereotype women as having proving they are unfit for positions of power.

The lack of emotion this world shows is the problem.

You know what this world desperatley needs?

A bit of fucking COMPASSION, you know, instead of people buying into all this "intellectualised" political bullshit that gets us no where.

--------------------
"Whatever you do, you need to keep moving.  Because when you stop moving you die (physically and emotionally).

Invisiblerogue_pixie
faerydae
Female User Gallery

Re: I'm glad we have famine war conflict and strife [Re: vampirism]
    #3024482 - 08/19/04 04:29 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Morrowind said:
I don't agree. But I will not be swayed by someone's personal thoughts into an emotional backlash, besides which, I don't see him supporting war, famine and strife. I do see him thankful for their existence. I am thankful that everything exists. Does that mean I like everything? No.

And I was pointing out that I doubt very much he would be as thankful if he was a victim of these horrors.

--------------------

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Re: I'm glad we have famine war conflict and strife [Re: psyka]
    #3024502 - 08/19/04 04:35 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

psyka said:
Ok...whats the point of war? Also, we have the technology to stop famine. BTW, overpopulation is directly linked to militarism. This message cant be expressed in words, because all of the intelligent minds around the world have been trying to relay it to people but it just doesnt sink in. Thats ok though, because when war marches itself to your front door people will realize how precious human life is and is not to be wasted on some silly rich mans notion of war.

And you're wrong, war was invented. No other animal on the planet commits war. And most species' in large groups try to help their starving brethren.

Sadly your argument is the same as "we have the technology for world peace so why dont we all just start world peace." It is not gonna happen so just forget about it.

The wild is ruled by natural selection, most animals do not help each other outside of family ties. And animals do not really have the mental capacity to launch a war so that is probably why man claims that invention.

And i'll let you in on a little hint: Human life is not precious, it is surprisingly quite cheap. Sad but true.

--------------------

bang bang

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

#3024508 - 08/19/04 04:38 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

rogue_pixie said:
Quote:

Morrowind said:

And I was pointing out that I doubt very much he would be as thankful if he was a victim of these horrors.

I understand how the world works and more importantly that those feelings you're having are just chemicals and electrical impuslses firing in your brain, nothing more. So yea in a sense i would still be thankful. Thankful that i was borne into the world, which is a gift in itself.

--------------------

bang bang

Invisiblerogue_pixie
faerydae
Female User Gallery

#3024510 - 08/19/04 04:41 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

d33p said:
Quote:

psyka said:
Ok...whats the point of war? Also, we have the technology to stop famine. BTW, overpopulation is directly linked to militarism. This message cant be expressed in words, because all of the intelligent minds around the world have been trying to relay it to people but it just doesnt sink in. Thats ok though, because when war marches itself to your front door people will realize how precious human life is and is not to be wasted on some silly rich mans notion of war.

And you're wrong, war was invented. No other animal on the planet commits war. And most species' in large groups try to help their starving brethren.

Sadly your argument is the same as "we have the technology for world peace so why dont we all just start world peace." It is not gonna happen so just forget about it.

The wild is ruled by natural selection, most animals do not help each other outside of family ties. And animals do not really have the mental capacity to launch a war so that is probably why man claims that invention.

And i'll let you in on a little hint: Human life is not precious, it is surprisingly quite cheap. Sad but true.

Having technology means it is even more unlikely we will ever achieve world peace. Even if every country were to "agree" to disarm all their nuclear weapons today, countries wouldn't trust each other now that the knowledge exists. You can't undo technology, sadly. The best way would be for the whole world to unite, as oppose to dividing ourselves off into countries.

--------------------

Invisiblerogue_pixie
faerydae
Female User Gallery

#3024519 - 08/19/04 04:43 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

d33p said:
Quote:

rogue_pixie said:
Quote:

Morrowind said:

I understand how the world works and more importantly that those feelings you're having are just chemicals and electrical impuslses firing in your brain, nothing more. So yea in a sense i would still be thankful. Thankful that i was borne into the world, which is a gift in itself.

It doesn't make those feelings any less real. Life is precious, we must treasure the short lives that we are given - not carelessly throw existence away.

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: I'm glad we have famine war conflict and strife [Re: entiformatie]
    #3024527 - 08/19/04 04:45 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Overpopulation appears to be the natural course taken by all species when confronted with over-supply of food/habitat. Life appears to be "designed" to take full advantage of its environment: if there is sufficient food/habitat for a species to grow in number, then it will grow. Exponentially. As the species (again, ANY species) continues to populate the habitat and use up the food sources, a point is reached that is defined as "overpopulation". This happens very quickly, in the end. The population explodes to the point of exhausting all available food sources, at which point there is a population "crash" (or mass die-off) as the species returns to something of a balance.

We humans like to think we are "different" than the rest of Life here on Earth. We "think", unlike "the animals", so we wrongly assume that all human activity is a product of this "thinking". This is just not the case! Much, if not all, of human behavior probably comes from the same blueprint as animal "instinct" does. We have simply gone and abstracted the concept by several levels :wink:

We (humans) are definitely on the upward slope towards overpopulation. The human population of Earth has exploded from about 1 billion to over 6 billion in the past 150 years. Our population has DOUBLED in the past 40 years. This massive population increase over the past 150 years is a direct result of our oil use, specifically: it's use in (and sole support of) the agricultural industry. We have made enough food to feed the entire planet's population several times over. Starvation is a local phenomena right now, and we DO HAVE the ability to remove it from the picture entirely. There is enough food to go around. This may not always be the case...

As our population explodes, thanks to the black gold, we consume our energy reserves at an ever increasing rate. I fear we will SOON hit the wall: the end of the Oil Age. This will come suddenly, with little warning to most of the population (though the signs are there, now, for any to read who have the stomach for the truth). If our science has not advanced far enough by the time this happens and we have not used this science for the good of all...then most of the Earth's human population will die-off just like a locust swarm that has eaten all the available crops. The population will decline, in the span of a single generation, to numbers that can be supported by our habitat alone (without the abundant energy from oil).

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

#3024541 - 08/19/04 04:50 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

rogue_pixie said:
Having technology means it is even more unlikely we will ever achieve world peace. Even if every country were to "agree" to disarm all their nuclear weapons today, countries wouldn't trust each other now that the knowledge exists. You can't undo technology, sadly. The best way would be for the whole world to unite, as oppose to dividing ourselves off into countries.

The most technologically advanced "thing" on earth is the human brain. It is this which will keep us from world peace forever.

--------------------

bang bang

Invisiblerogue_pixie
faerydae
Female User Gallery

#3024554 - 08/19/04 04:54 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Well that kind of attitude certainly won't help, no. :laugh:

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #3024557 - 08/19/04 04:56 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Technology is not the problem.

It's the users who fuck everything up.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Invisiblemr crisper

#3024588 - 08/19/04 05:09 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Fuck your philosophical babble

such well-considered sentiments convey more information about you than anything else.
welcome to spit&feelo.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: I'm glad we have famine war conflict and strife [Re: entiformatie]
    #3024599 - 08/19/04 05:12 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

"Without all these problems in our world, we would have nothing to struggle against."

yeah howabout RESOLVING overpopulation. we need to get off of this planet. that should already be a main goal of ours, to spread this unhealthy little monkey all throughout the galaxy and see what he can REALLY do

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Invisiblerogue_pixie
faerydae
Female User Gallery

Re: I'm glad we have famine war conflict and strife [Re: Strumpling]
    #3024604 - 08/19/04 05:13 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

"Why do people have to die?" "To make life important".

--------------------

Invisiblerogue_pixie
faerydae
Female User Gallery

Re: I'm glad we have famine war conflict and strife [Re: mr crisper]
    #3024606 - 08/19/04 05:14 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

mr crisper said:
Quote:

such well-considered sentiments convey more information about you than anything else.
welcome to spit&feelo.

Nice to see that you're keeping the standards up.

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #3024615 - 08/19/04 05:17 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I don't think evolution would work without death, because overpopulation would become a problem way too fast for technology to handle it, and the planet would just be CRAWLING with early lifeforms.... like there would still be dinosaurs around, and the entire planet would be covered with greenery and nasty bacterias and stuff. We probably wouldn't have even evolved if physical death was not a part of the equasion

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

#3024617 - 08/19/04 05:18 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

rogue_pixie said:
Quote:

mr crisper said:
Quote:

welcome to spit&feelo.

Nice to see that you're keeping the standards up.

:lol:

--------------------

bang bang

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies