Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineShroomerious
OO
Male

WAR-SHOULD WE FIGHT???
    #2283973 - 01/29/04 02:51 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

So, have we really evolved that much through the ages as we want to believe? Let?s see?What is the first thing that you can think of? We found out how to launch a crew to the moon and back, we invented microwave ovens, faster cars, flat screens, video games, advanced digital technology, the internet, new kinds of medicine, lots of things which are all positive, but we just can?t seem to stop killing each other mostly for money and power, and these two aspirations of the poor in spirit are interdependent. It is exactly why the Americans, or the narrow circle of people, the jet set, that control what seem to be all American citizens united volition, but really is only a mere veil covering them, invade countries. Yes, there are a few people that want war to happen?or let me rephrase that. War does not just happen; it is generated by those few people.

Let us think of the moral aspect of war. First we should define what is right and what is wrong. Right is what the vast majority accepts as right. That is the only way that someone can define such a word and the reason is the total subjectivity of this word and human actions. Sometimes war is inevitable. For example, when someone tries to invade and conquer your land and your home and claim that they belong to him. The great majority of people would resist and that is not reprehensible. It is the right action to perform, but only as a final solution to the problem. Why? It is actually very simple. Because people we know and love as well as people we have never met are getting hurt and that causes pain to everyone. People who give orders and their families are most likely to survive a war, but the majority of a nation?s population will be in unbearable pain. It is not rocket science! It stands out a mile. War causes pain. Most of the times, it is the will of the leaders of the countries and only of them that triggers off a war to satisfy the interests of the few.

In our days, war is not caused by differences in religion or views nor is it inevitable. War is a business; an immoral business.

Should we fight on behalf of our country if we are called to do so or should we protest against war and be deserters and self exiled? It all depends on the reason we are doing it in relation with our personal ideals. We should then make our decision bearing in mind the difference between an idealist and a realist. We have to stand up for our beliefs but not be in a self-delusion. It is a very thin line that separates these two different choices and it is very easy to make the wrong choice. Don?t toe the party line. Don?t be an anarchist. Make your own choices without forgetting to consider the common good.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: WAR-SHOULD WE FIGHT??? [Re: Shroomerious]
    #2284012 - 01/29/04 03:02 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

fuck war. war is mans way of destroying everything good and clean the gods have bestowed to us to protect. the world will most deffinatly end in a war, or so it seems. there is still a chance to turn back our destructiv methods, but the point of no return is 2012. 2012 is not the "end" as many people have come to believe, its the point at which humanity will do something about thier huge fuckups and fix thier ways, or continue, irriveribly, down a spiral to the ultimate destruction of this planet and its population by " war" or the reults of a war.

OfflineShroomerious
OO
Male

Re: WAR-SHOULD WE FIGHT??? [Re: 2Experimental]
    #2284019 - 01/29/04 03:03 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

and why 2012?

--------------------

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
    #2284044 - 01/29/04 03:09 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

well, just go to google and type in 2012 and u will get tons of sites having tons of theories... 2012 may not be an EXACT date, but there is lots of ancient knowledge and prophecies ect ect pointing to some downfall of humanity happenning around the time. ask someone whos an expert on the subject.. my point of veiw is: the way things are going now, I wouldent be surprised if something terribly huge and bad happens Before then. time will tell. sorry to hijack the thread!! lets discuss war,

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #2284055 - 01/29/04 03:12 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

People who give orders and their families are most likely to survive a war, but the majority of a nation?s population will be in unbearable pain

the general sat, and the lines on the map
moved from side to side...

OfflineShroomerious
OO
Male

Re: WAR-SHOULD WE FIGHT??? [Re: 2Experimental]
    #2284060 - 01/29/04 03:14 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Maybe, but they said the same thing about 2000. Only time will tell.

Now for war, I believe that one has to be prepared to fight if invaded for the things he loves and for peace. I don't believe in the USA charade war over oil.

--------------------

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
    #2284076 - 01/29/04 03:20 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

oh for sure, if the enmy comes knocking at my door with arms you can be sure me and my family and others would meet them with equal arms, what other option is there? to die.

as far as the whole 2000 being the end speal, that was mostly based on the computor clocks not have 2000 as an option, and a supposed mass collapse of all computor systems nation wide causing catostrophic damamge to companies and every one on the chain all the way down to the consumer. it wasent based on actual callenders ending and prophicies and many other factors like 1012 is..

As far as the oil mascarade war: bush took his rights to far. whos to stop others from following in his steps, taking larger steps to secure financial security for thier country... sooner or later the supplies run out and all thats left is: our own nothingness created by our wasteful means!

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
    #2284086 - 01/29/04 03:24 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

and why 2012?
olduvai gorge...

it should come as no surprise that the mayan end date roughly matches the midpoint date of the olduvai gorge oil apocalypse..given all the mushrooms the ancient mayans did...

and im not sure that war is never inevitable...history is full of examples of conditions of scarcity that dont afford survival to families in two or more combatant states..and such conditions cannot always be anticipated and circumvented...but this is not the case with oil...the lesson we didnt (or wouldnt) learn from WW II is that oil is a lousy energy source...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

OfflineShroomerious
OO
Male

Re: WAR-SHOULD WE FIGHT??? [Re: Annapurna1]
    #2284105 - 01/29/04 03:31 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

War sometimes is inevitable and sometimes it isn't. The question is, when it is inevitable, are you really willing to kill your fellow man, not if you are invaded(in this case, you're left with not much choise) but if your country goes to fight someone else and you object. What can you do?

--------------------

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
    #2284171 - 01/29/04 03:51 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

but if your country goes to fight someone else and you object. What can you do?

get pregnant :lol:

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

OfflineShroomerious
OO
Male

Re: WAR-SHOULD WE FIGHT??? [Re: Annapurna1]
    #2284189 - 01/29/04 03:56 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

:confused: :wink: :nut: :nut: :lol: :lol: :lol:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology