Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Astral Projection
    #1939914 - 09/22/03 05:12 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Well, first off, it has been awhile since we have had any posts on this.. but I have slowly been working on this ever since I was first posting about starting to try it.. Not every night, but there end up being a few times when I go to bed quite relaxed and make some progress...

Last night. Well, for the past two nights, I have been going to bed with the light on and the radio somewhat on, stemming from an incident where I basically started tweaking out off of my thoughts, and I didn't feel very relaxed or secure, that's for sure...

Well, last night I turned the light off and laid down on my back; I usually can't sleep on my back but I always start out there so I can get more used to it, since it is the best position to sleep in.. Anyways, I felt a strong urge to turn the light on and roll over, my mind was basically panicking...

But, alas, I have taken a great deal of steps from realizing the nature of our thoughts and managing them to actually implenting those ideas, so I calmed myself down, got comfortable, and started relaxing my mind..

I usually start to feel my blood pumping through different parts of my body, usually my arms and legs will get a sort of light numbness feeling about them.. I usually don't continue much further and then try to go to sleep.. Last night, however, I was doing quite the good job of keeping my mind as inactive as possible, and I had this strong feeling of nothingness, just me laying in my bed and nothing happening, it was really wonderful..

Anyways, I started to get strong vibrations all around my body, and I sort of felt as if something was happening.. I tried to keep my thoughts from rolling in and ruining this, but I guess it was such a new experience that my mind decided to freak anyways, and I started breathing heavily, uncontrollably...

At any rate, I have sort of gotten that far before, but only for a second or two before I ruined it, and, anyways, I really feel that I have been making some good progress, that tonight I will be able to keep myself flowing for even longer..

I don't know how many of you on here actually work with astral projection or even reguarily make it out (besides Shroomism, of course :grin:), but do you know what I am talking about? I usually just get some sort of moving feelings in different places, and I get the light numbness feeling, especially in my arms and legs.. my thoughts for the most part usually continue, or I will basicaly get a lot of focus on my breath or my blood pumping, and then it seems like something is happening, which sets off my thoughts and it ruins it..

Last night, though, I for the most part had my mind relaxed, I really felt like I had some control of my thoughts and I was actually experiencing some sort of quiet nothingness, just me laying on my bed in the dark, like I said, not thinking about much at all.. the continous vibrations hit and I sort of "felt" the blackness in front of my eyes (which by that time has all sorts of little pixels and such, if you know what I mean) seemed to take on a different field...

Anyways, yeah, that was my experience.. :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
Loc: Australia
Re: Astral Projection [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1939937 - 09/22/03 05:33 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

yeah i have been close so many times too, but i haven't practiced for ages. once i taped affirmations onto a cd about astral projection and go to sleep with it playing and most of the time when i feel asleep or meditate i would astral project or have a oobe. most of the time when i meditate i either lucid dream or astral project most of the times it slips between the two. there is a trick that i used to do, is that i try and imagine that i am sleeping around the other way in bed most of the time it worked for me.

--------------------
suicide a permanent solution to a temporary problem

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
    #1941202 - 09/22/03 02:54 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Your problem is that your emotional body (astral body) needs more to be "cleaned up" to be able to project consciously.
You need to do a lot of internal work on your emotions and past traumas they are blocking you.
Try mastering Lucid Dreaming first is more attainable and easier to get results.
Once you are good at it you can project from a lucid dream.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Astral Projection [Re: LOBO]
    #1941275 - 09/22/03 03:17 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

LOBO said:
Your problem is that your emotional body (astral body) needs more to be "cleaned up" to be able to project consciously.
You need to do a lot of internal work on your emotions and past traumas they are blocking you.
Try mastering Lucid Dreaming first is more attainable and easier to get results.
Once you are good at it you can project from a lucid dream.

Well, actually, I have been doing a lot of inner work, with my thoughts and so forth, and my emotions are really in check. The main thing that has been holding me back is my racing mind, or me calming it down and getting somewhere and then the thoughts going like crazy due to me getting somewhere.

But, I think I have made real progress, that I will be able to get there again tonight and perhaps stay there and continue on out.. it was quite the feeling, every part of me really buzzing and so forth.. heh.
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #1942705 - 09/22/03 10:01 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I'm not an expert on this by any means, but I can tell you that you have to overcome the fear/excitement that comes over you when you feel vibrations or any unusual phenomena. Instead of becoming excited you have to train yourself to enjoy it, to welcome it. Because it signifies you'll have the opportunity to get out of body soon!

The deep black "screen" is significant also, because when you close your eyes, no matter how dark it is in the room, it is never completely black when you're in physical reality. Think about it, there are always traces of light and such. Only when you are seeing through your astral eyes is it ALL black! One time I became lucid during this state when it was true black and I realized with amusement that I had caught myself in the moment right before a dream! It was like I became aware just before the film reel started to roll and the first frame was displayed. All alone in a darkened theatre. Then the dream began..

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Astral Projection [Re: Jellric]
    #1943506 - 09/23/03 04:50 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, I did my best to contain myself, but it was my breathing that ended up fucking me over, I started breathing heavily and I couldn't slow it down.. heh.
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny
    #1947976 - 09/24/03 12:49 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

ditto, i can't consciously do it, but i can lucid dream then go into a projection.

does anyone else get the drugged feeling in dreams before a projection? for the longest time i'd have all these dreams where i'd be all fucked up unable to move good and in the dream i'd think "oh i must be tripping, better try and act casual"

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: Astral Projection [Re: truekimbo2]
    #1981741 - 10/05/03 03:59 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

fireworks god that's about as close as i've come as well..the heavy vibrations starting setting in but i was so scared about the whole experience i snapped myself out of it..this has happened 3 times so far and after each time i try telling myself theres nothing to worry about but i seem to always "back out" of it.

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: Indiana Flag
Re: Astral Projection [Re: SuperD]
    #1981974 - 10/05/03 06:10 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

i have experienced the numb sensation along with the vibrations. A few tries i've even experienced an occurance where my body seemed to tilt, and  seemed to rotate a bit. It was an amazing experience, though if i maintained my patience and practice i might have gotten farther along. At the time i was very into "astral projection", and tried to project atleast once, sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. This was before i got a job :wink:

So my advice is to keep practicing, and try to do some lucid dreaming.  :thumbup: You should also keep a journal and write your dreams down as soon as you wake up, lucidic ones or not. This helps too. 

--------------------
T h e r e  a r e  n o  o r d i n a r y  m o m e n t s.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Astral Projection [Re: thePatient]
    #1982953 - 10/06/03 01:10 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Heh, this morning I woke up at five, I turned my lamp on, rolled over, and turned it off. I drifted back into a dream, but I was basically conscious of it, and it felt like my legs were now floating above the bed some... and in my half aware state, I opened my eyes to make sure there was no aliens in my room...  :frown:

But, I guess I am getting closer! :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order