Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinekeepontruckin
Weir on amission from Bob
Tips on Astral Projection?
    #3138998 - 09/15/04 02:05 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Hey folks, just thought I'd bring this topic up since I'm always interested in reading stuff about it, I've read some posts related to it, and it's something I figure never really gets too old.

Anyways, astral projection. I'm sure the majority of you know what it is, whether you believe in it or not really varies. I find some people who believe in Out of Body Experiences but don't believe in Astral Projection (the whole idea of going to another plane throws them off, which is fine, because OBE's and Astral Projection are really quite similar.)

Last night I had my 3rd or so successful "attempt" at astral projection. I did not project, but I feel I had a good grasp on what was going on.

Last night, as with almost every night now, I meditated for maybe 10 or 15 minutes. This, for me at least, is the key to getting into a relaxed enough state for astral projection. Meditation clears the mind, puts me in a relaxed mode, and I can just slip under the covers when I'm done meditating and then work on projecting.

Unlike my other attempts, I didnt get the vibrations last night. The times in the pass when this did work for me, I would start feeling a rocking motion, as if my bed as in a rough ocean and I was rocking back and forth. Very interesting feeling and very exciting, hence the reason I've never really been sucessful. I'm just so excited to reach that point that it just stops.

One thing that remains constant in my attempts is the closed-eye visuals. This is how I knew last night, even though I didnt get much "vibrations" (I did feel very light, however, and by very light, I mean extremely light. The pressure of the bed under me ceased to exist.)

The thing I think I need to work most on is the excitement factor, because I think that it is preventing me from gaining deeper levels of relaxtion. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to calm the excitement? Or will it just have to disappear in time? I figure if I now know just what steps I need to take to get this beginning state, then it wont be as exciting to me anymore since it's something I can now do.

So, does anybody have any tips? Little personal things they do to help?

I've added my big tip: Meditation. By meditating, I am put in a state of relaxtion and my mind is clear. After I am done meditating, I just slip into bed (as I meditate on my bed.) Also, when I am laying down, I continue with the breathing exercises I use when I meditate. That is, I picture every breath of air I take circling my body, swooping under my navel, and going out my nose. Simple, and if I need to I picture the myself breathing in light, so I can picture the light going throughout my body. I always tell myself that I am in a state of pure relaxation and when it comes time I repeat to myself that I will have a concious astral projection.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Tips on Astral Projection? [Re: keepontruckin]
    #3139027 - 09/15/04 02:12 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

That was always my problem when consciously attempting astral projection... the vibrations would kick in, I would get excited and focus on them too much.. they would fade away. It may sound lame or cliche, but the easiest way is to just go with the flow. Give in to the vibrations.. let them take you away.

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #3139405 - 09/15/04 03:52 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

a few things

first off "Last night I had my 3rd or so successful "attempt" at astral projection. I did not project" if you did not project, how was the attempt a success?

I had my first succesfull attempt at finishing a race last night, i didnt finish though. ?

sorry im just being a nit picky bastard

Also, when you describe 'vibrations' as being on a rocky sea, that interests me, as it doesnt sound at all like how i have experienced vibrations (i experience them as vibrations, like an electric buzzing, as opposed to rocking) and ive never heard that description in the literature.

Because so much of astral projection and OBE experiences seem universal (ill often read something someone else wrote and realize ive had the EXACT same experience without ever hearing about it before) i am inclined to think what you experienced was not in fact vibrations. I mean thats why its called vibration, not rocking or swaying. Its pretty unmistakeable. In this particular case im inclined to think its not a 'different for everyone' kind of thing.

And when you talk about closed eye visuals, and feeling light, and how the pressure of the bed under you ceased to exist

You are basically giving me the text book definition of 'falling asleep' . The sensory information from the body ceases to be sent to the mind as the body falls asleep, resulting in the light feeling and a floating kind of thing, and the 'closed eye visuals' are a perfect description of the hypnogogic imagery that occurs during the transition from wakefullness to sleep.

I dont mean to burst your bubble, but what your describing doesnt sound at all like astral projection or OBE to me, nor does it sound like the usual precursor.

I mean im not the expert but i have had a few and it was not at all like this, and all the reports ive read have been the same as my own experience.

And what you describe is EXACTLY the description i would give for the sensation of being aware while falling asleep.

This is a usefull skill on its own however, as if you dont get to distracted by the hypnagogic imagery than you can conciously go into a lucid dream (WILD... waking induced lucid dream) and then from THERE you can go to the OBE/astral projection state.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Offlinekeepontruckin
Re: Tips on Astral Projection? [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3140501 - 09/15/04 07:09 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Moonshoe -

After reading up on it a little more tonight, I think your exactly right. And I think your correct in assuming that the conditions of projecting are universal, that in fact the rocking motion isnt vibrations.

Nevertheless, its something exciting to me, having decided to set out to learn this, and to get to the point where I physically felt as if I was rocking back and forth. Never in my life have I experienced that, probably because I never took the time to stay concious and realize what falling asleep was like.

But moving on from this point, what would you suggest I do? I've made it this far but I'm still a little confused on what exactly to do after this.

Concentrate on the hypnagogic images? Ignore them and continue to allow myself to relax?

By the way, I'm doing this each night before I sleep. Meaning, I'm not waking myself up a few hours before I usually wake up to try this. I think tonight what I'll do is set my alarm for a few hours before I get up for work and try to gain that same sense of what I now can acheive.

Ive tried waking up like this before, but I just end up falling back asleep. I guess I need to exercise a little self control on my part there to make sure I don't fall back asleep right away.

Offlinekeepontruckin
    #3140710 - 09/15/04 07:43 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I retract what I just said there.
Heres a post, of many posts on the subject, from another forum devoted to OBE's:

but for some reason i never had vibrations....or if i did i dont remember......just strong rocking sensations before the actual separation....i think i was subconsiously trying to get out.....but the when i realized it was to screwy and uneasy to rock back and fourth....i just rolled out....it was soooo easy.....im a new person after today

Amongst others, this is the one that gets right to the point.
So, who knows really?

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
    #3140800 - 09/15/04 08:00 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Vibrations aren't necessary, they are just the body's sensations of falling alseep while the conscious mind is still awake to perceive them (my view anyways). I've had intense vibrations without actual seperation, and also have had partial seperation before any vibrations started. Don't worry about the minor details of the experience, you are well on your way :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #3140807 - 09/15/04 08:02 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

hard to say, but you did say that this time (that you were writing about) you didnt have the rocking right? but you did have closed eye visuals, and lightness. That suggests that this time you were experiencing conciously falling asleep with hypnogogic sensations. Whereas for you, the rocking could well be how you 'get out'

I know lots of people do 'roll out' whereas i like shoot out or get yanked out upwards, so maybe that has something to do with it? also, none of my OBE's have been conciously induced, they always happend after interupted sleep when i would just pass out and go into an obe.

Maybe that has something to do with it?

But heres some advice, if you feel the lightness and numbness in the body, and start seeing hypnagogics, try to ignore them. This is tough but maintain a relaxed, unexcited state of mind, but remain aware. Try to focus enirely on the blackness in front of your eyes.

Sometimes you will go straight into a lucid dream this way.

Otherwise you should try and become lucid in the dream you have. In either case once you are lucid conciously try to teleport to your bed from wherever you are. Just think of yourself in bed, of your room. This might take you there so your flying above your bed, othertimes it will wake you up. BUT ALOT OF THE TIME you will think you have woken up and actually still be dreaming (false awakening) or else you will be in sleep paralysis> either way you are primed to have an OBE just float up. Even if you really do wake up (and be sure to check reliably) just lie back down and try your get out technique , your much more likely to have another OBE or lucid dream this way

note: i dont know anything about 'astral projection' other than it sounds likely its a lucid dream experience (that does NOT detract from the experiences awesomeness or value!) . I do however know the OBE exists, because the vibration effect and being yanked into a floating conciousness directly from waking is totally different from any lucid dream , even WILDS are not quite like that. However i dont know if that place you go in OBE's is really the physical world, or just a dream world based on memories of the real world (this is definetly possible) or if its the real world but you see it slightly differently... very tought to say

but it definetly is different than a dream in the way it comes on, thats all i can say for sure

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
Re: Tips on Astral Projection? [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3140825 - 09/15/04 08:05 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

It seems more lucid than a lucid dream even, if that makes sense :/

I don't know the true nature of the experience either, nor have I experienced it often, but it is fascinating :smile:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom