Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: Would you rather go to hell or cease to exist? [Re: all this beauty]
    #18057982 -

Psychedelics haven't led me to some spiritual path. In the beginning they did, but I came to realize it's all bullshit. Bottom line, I and anyone else who takes them does so for enjoyment, whether they are aware of it or not. To say it has a Spiritual purpose is justifying our drug use. I thought they taught me lessons blah blah blah, until I realized, "Well all these so called lessons are doing to me is convincing me to take more". If they were lessons, I would have stopped after getting the message.

Searching for Spirituality or Enlightenment is a lot like being a crack head. "Lessons" become your fix, and once you get a little taste, you want more. There is no satisfied point where we feel we've learned it all. Now add to that, using a drug to search for it and defend it's potential at all costs. Now you wrap yourself into a life of searching for what's not there and the substance is just making your delusion worse. Before you know it, you've driven yourself mad trying to think too deeply into every little thing. People can live however they choose, I'm done wasting my life away with any sense of Spirituality. I've never been happier and more comfortable in my own skin.

I love psychedelics, but am cutting down and no longer taking them in the hopes of learning anything. I will now take them because I want to have a good, interesting time. I may learn a little about what lurks in my subconscious mind, but honestly, I take it all as just a drug induced experience. I can no longer handle the deep introspective analysis of every thing that happens in life. It was torture. I live in the now, and thankfully I found it in time to be able to enjoy hopefully plenty of years to come.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Would you rather go to hell or cease to exist? [Re: Peace of Mind 1]
    #18058006 -

I think part of the problem is not to think of them as teachers.
But, More of a communication device with other beings that are here.
Collective entities in telepathic networks and other humans.
Aliens possibly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Would you rather go to hell or cease to exist? [Re: FishOilTheKid]
    #18058015 -

...A chemical key to a door of perception into other worlds populated by beings.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Would you rather go to hell or cease to exist? [Re: palmersc]
    #18095978 -

palmersc said:
The way I understand it is that we as evil men do not understand our offense against a good God. A good God must judge wickedness as any good judge here on earth must do.



If someone accidentally harms me, I don't hold it against them. I forgive them instantly. Why would God be any different?

palmersc said:
A crime against an infinite being demands infinite justice.  Take for instance the following example of what I am saying:  If you kill an ant it is different relative to killing a dog, which is on another level to killing an infant -- take that to an infinite level --God--- the punishment will fit the crime.




Can an ant cause much harm to a dog? Saying that a dogs life is worth more than an infants is pure anthropocentricity. The sun doesn't revolve around humanity. If pathogenic bacteria make me sick, I have to kill them. I don't judge the bacteria and seek to damn them to a fate of eternal suffering. If God is an infinite being, then the idea that we could even cause any harm at all to it is nonsensical. 

palmersc said:
I trust God's judgment as He is most certainly good.  The problem is we are not good and do not see how serious that reality is.



I'm not good, but I have good in me. When someone is truly sorry, I forgive them no matter what. Jesus didn't go around preaching damnation, he preached salvation.


palmersc said:
The blood of Jesus fully satisfied God's justice.  He bore our sin and paid the price we never could.  He being fully God and fully man could do this and act as our intermediary. By placing our faith in the finished work of Jesus, we partake of the reward of His perfect sinless life.  Mercy triumphs over judgment.



So a crucifiction is what it takes to absolve humanity of its collective sins? I'll do that any day. Wouldn't be pleasant but its temporary suffering.

palmersc said:
If your neighbor's house was on fire, you would warn him.  So too should those who know the certain reality of such a place as hell.  It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.



Mercy triumphs over judgement, but God condemns people to hell for petty little things? You should really contemplate your belief system more deeply. Why is it that native Americans and people who don't believe in Jesus have completely different near death experiences? Maybe ones belief system influences the experiences one has. That becomes obvious when you remember non ordinary states like dreams, psychosis, psychedelics etc.

all this beauty said:
Brother, every bona fide user of psychedelics has had, at least once (and only once, if he's lucky), a rock'em/sock'em-mother-of-all-mercies glimpse of hell.  If they tell you otherwise, don't believe them.

It's all in your brain, though.  That miraculous ball of gray matter that sits at the top of your head.

It's not for real.

It's imaginary.



We experience it though, so its real. Everything we experience as reality occurs inside our own heads. Things like dreams and hallucinatory states are real to us when we're in them. The cause just happens to be a lot less external than we tend to believe. And we have a lot more control over it than we tend to believe. Its kinda like a spaceship. Nobody thought us how to fly the think and when we take psychedelics, we put it in warp speed so it can rapidly take us to places we might not wanna go. The thought that disturbs me is whats to stop us going into a blackhole from which theres no return? Maybe thats impossible, maybe everything that can be done, can be undone, but we could go an eternity without ever doing what needs to be undone. I'm fairly sure something like this happened to me on salvia. I got stuck in the 2nd dimension and I was there for years, but I eventually did what I needed to do to get out.

palmersc said:
I do not speak theoretically about these things.  I pray it is this side of eternity that you understand the reality of hell as this life precedes an eternal existence in one of two places -- heaven or hell, no in between.



You're assuming that your subjective experience, is objective reality. The fact that you were sober means nothing. It could have been a psychotic episode. I'll take a wild guess and say you were born into a Christian, Jewish or Muslim family and/or an area where you were predominantly exposed to those beliefs. I can guarantee you weren't born into a Hindu, Buddhist or native American family. 


--------------------
…...,~__________________, ,.
….../ `—___________—-___]Give a man a gun
…../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/he can rob a bank.
…..), —.(_(__) /
….// (..)),````
…//__/Give a man a bank,he can rob the world!
.//__/

Edited by CrimpJiggler (04/12/13 07:01 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Would you rather go to hell or cease to exist? [Re: all this beauty]
    #18096082 -

all this beauty said:
I'm fascinated by the fundamentalist (religious literalist) drug-using Christians who post here on the Shroomery.  If I were a sociology or psychology Ph.D candidate looking for a good dissertation subject, I'd definitely seek out those folks and interview them.

I can't begin to fathom the intellectual and emotional acrobatics they must go through in order to reconcile/justify, in their minds, their use of psychedelics.

But hey... pick and choose.  That's what fundamentalist religion is all about.

Pick and choose.



What makes being a Christian and using psychedelics mutually exclusive? The bible is completely open to interpretation, Christians actually perform mental acrobatics to align their religious beliefs, with their societally induced belief that psychoactive substances are bad. I'm sure they could find plenty of quotes in the bible that they could interpret as being pro psychedelics. What amazes me is how most Christians can't comprehend the concept of ones current paradigm/beliefs/experiences influencing how one interprets words. They assume that when they read the bible, they understand what the authors had in mind. I think its an allegorical representation of something which can only be deciphered by those who know how. Similar to alchemical steganography.


palmersc said:
psychedelics opening up one to the spiritual realm, also known as sorcery in the Scripture.  There is indeed a spiritual reality all about us, but there are acceptable and unacceptable ways of relating to it.




Can you give me an example of where it indisputably states that psychedelic use = sorcery in the bible? Since the bible was written by men, I'm inclined to think its the word of man, rather than the word of God, so I'm not inclined to let the church dictate to me what is an acceptable way of relating to the spiritual world, and what is not. To mainstream christians, its acceptable to go to a room and listen to some guy in robes parrot off words he doesn't understand, from a book he knows little about every Sunday, but anything involving actual spiritual evolution is forbidden.

all this beauty said:
I leave it up to the moderators as to whether your presence on the board constitutes a broad-brush attempt to discredit and slur the readers and posters here. 

I know of no other board where someone whose purpose is to "broad-brush" in such a manner would be permitted to continue to post.  In effect, you're attempting to derail the purpose of the board.  In internet board parlance, it's called "trollery."




Why not let all people come and share their beliefs/experiences? We'd be rapidly banned from Christian forums for speaking our beliefs, but the shroomery is a pretty open minded forum.


--------------------
…...,~__________________, ,.
….../ `—___________—-___]Give a man a gun
…../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/he can rob a bank.
…..), —.(_(__) /
….// (..)),````
…//__/Give a man a bank,he can rob the world!
.//__/

Edited by CrimpJiggler (04/12/13 08:01 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Would you rather go to hell or cease to exist? [Re: CrimpJiggler]
    #18096112 -

What has existed cannot be un-existed


So you're here to stay. What would Oblivion be? True oblivion is a state of having never existed at all. All others are not Oblivion itself.


--------------------


"Everything there is, and all that there is, is a Pattern of unspeakable proportion. The Pattern contains everything that is, completely fixed in succession, all the minimal particles interconnected in every way that is. Every way that is is not every conceivable way, because not everything that can be conceived is manifest in the pattern."

"THE Human, you, is a miniscule but essential part of that pattern. In it lies complete fulfillment. It will never become something it is not, but it will never need to be anything else." - Wiccan_Seeker

"If boring drudgery was the way of the universe, everything would have killed itself long ago." - Spacerific

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Would you rather go to hell or cease to exist? [Re: all this beauty]
    #18096714 -

all this beauty said:
palmersc said:
I very rarely visit this board, and do not make it a point to evangelize on a regular basis -- as evidenced by my post count.  However, you could say I feel compelled to share with others the dangers of such occult practices--psychedelics opening up one to the spiritual realm, also known as sorcery in the Scripture.  There is indeed a spiritual reality all about us, but there are acceptable and unacceptable ways of relating to it.



Thank you for your candor.

I leave it up to the moderators as to whether your presence on the board constitutes a broad-brush attempt to discredit and slur the readers and posters here. 

I know of no other board where someone whose purpose is to "broad-brush" in such a manner would be permitted to continue to post.  In effect, you're attempting to derail the purpose of the board.  In internet board parlance, it's called "trollery."

But again, the decision belongs to the moderators.



WOw, such intolerance! How is he attempting to derail the purpose of this board? On the contrary, he is expressing his opinion on a spiritual topic which is exactly what this board is for.

Are you saying that because this website supports psychedelic drug use, dissenting opinions or warnings about what some consider to be risks of this practice should be suppressed? That sort of censorship is exactly what websites such as this are here to prevent.

I disagree that former users who are now against the use of psychedelics are trolling by posting here. I find discussion about the spiritual risks of psychedelics interesting and I would like the opportunity to converse with him.

palmersc - Can I ask you something? What about the case of someone who is living a life filled with darkness and sin. They are spiritually lost, depressed, etc and not making good choices in life, maybe they are abusing alcohol or engaging in other forms of destructive behavior and due to their ignorance, they don't really see any point in changing because maybe they believe they are going to die soon and not exist anyway so why bother putting forth the effort to live a decent life when its all just going to end up the same regardless of whether they choose to improve themselves or just numb the pain?

Now lets say said person takes a psychedelic and has a spiritual experience which leads them to find God, regain hope and purpose in life and end their destructive habits. How is that a bad thing? Even if sorcery is a bad idea, is it not sometimes better than the alternative - continued ignorance?

I look at psychedelics as possessing both spiritual risks and benefits. However, you would be hard pressed to convince me that the potential risks outweigh the potential benefits in all situations, or even the majority of the time.

Let's assume for a moment that psychedelics do constitute sorcery. If someone is likely damned anyway, wouldn't it be better for them to engage in sorcery and then ask God to forgive them for it later, then continue on to the grave in ignorance and sin? Do the ends justify the means?

The reason I ask this is because if not for my own psychedelic use, I would almost certainly still be an atheist. Therefore I find it a bit ironic if it turns out God condemns the very thing which lead my soul to him. If you would prefer to discuss this with me via PM, please feel free. I am quite interested in this topic.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Would you rather go to hell or cease to exist? [Re: Peace of Mind 1]
    #18096753 -

peace of mind 1 said:
Psychedelics haven't led me to some spiritual path. In the beginning they did, but I came to realize it's all bullshit. Bottom line, I and anyone else who takes them does so for enjoyment, whether they are aware of it or not. To say it has a Spiritual purpose is justifying our drug use. I thought they taught me lessons blah blah blah, until I realized, "Well all these so called lessons are doing to me is convincing me to take more". If they were lessons, I would have stopped after getting the message.



That's exactly what happened in my case. The more I tripped, the more I realized I didn't need to trip anymore. I simply needed to work on putting the things I had learned into practice in my life. I still think an occasional trip (about one trip per year in my case) is a helpful reminder of how much beauty there is in life.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Would you rather go to hell or cease to exist? [Re: Deviate]
    #18096818 -

Quote:
. I got stuck in the 2nd dimension and I was there for years, but I eventually did what I needed to do to get out.



Interesting, that happened to me as well on salvia. I didn't know it was possible to enter into the 2nd dimension (let alone get stuck there) until it happened to me. I became afraid to use salvia after that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Would you rather go to hell or cease to exist? [Re: Deviate]
    #18096833 -

Deviate said:
I disagree that former users who are now against the use of psychedelics are trolling by posting here. I find discussion about the spiritual risks of psychedelics interesting and I would like the opportunity to converse with him.



As I understand it, this board is not intended as a forum to discuss the morality or immorality of using drugs.  There are many internet boards where they discuss that sort of thing, but I assume this board is not one of them.  I assume this board is intended for drug-friendly people. 

If I go to a Christian board where the purpose of the board is to give praise and glory to Jesus Christ -- and if I post there that Jesus was a fraud, that it's a sin to believe he was divine, and that all unrepentant believers in the fraud are going to hell, I would be banned from that board in a heartbeat. 

And that would be cool.  I have no "right" to derail discussions which are in accordance with the board's purpose and goals.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Would you rather go to hell or cease to exist? [Re: Deviate]
    #18098037 -

Deviate said:
Quote:
. I got stuck in the 2nd dimension and I was there for years, but I eventually did what I needed to do to get out.



Interesting, that happened to me as well on salvia. I didn't know it was possible to enter into the 2nd dimension (let alone get stuck there) until it happened to me. I became afraid to use salvia after that.



Someone else told me this happened to them too. I was exaggerating when I said years, I just remember I was there for a very long time, even though only minutes passed on the clock. When I came out of it, I was proud of myself because it was my perserverance that got me out of it, but I was kind of disturbed when I discovered that that kinda thing can actually happen. It got me thinking though, maybe thats what this 3D world is, but since its much less confined than 2D, theres no sense of urgency to escape it. Also there are way more options in 3D so god knows how long it would take to find the thing that sets us free.

I can't remember what I did to get out, but I remember it was the very last thing I thought to try, because it was the thing I would have least expected to work. It was something that was right there under my nose the whole time, but I exhausted all my other options first for some reason. What did you see when you were in the 2nd dimension? All I can remember seeing were blue patterns, but I sensed there was something watching me the whole time. Like it was some kinda hyperdimensional entity that put me in that 2D mindtrap to teach me about the mechanisms of this illusory 3D dreamworld I have immersed my mind in. In that 2D world, I couldn't remember if I had ever been in any other reality. Maybe thats how it works, when we are in a confined reality, we can't remember being in less confined realities because to even think about say the 4th dimension, we'd have to transcend the 3rd dimension. In fact, thats what it is isn't it? The meaning of life: there is absolutely no meaning, we're just stuck in this 3D reality which, with respect to the 4th dimension, is about as meaningful as playing a game of pac-man in the 3rd dimension. If thats what this life/reality thing is, thats pretty hilarious. Maybe thats what was so funny when I came back from that 2D salvia trip. I've had some experiences over the years which reinforce this idea. If theres anything I've learned from those experiences, its that the first step to transcending the limited reality is to desire to transcend it NOW. Not after finishing your goals or living your life or whatever because all that might be an illusion, it might be an eternal now and this concept of a past and a future just an illusion, similar to how you have false memories in dreams.

Makes me wanna smoke some DMT and transcend this bitch. I've never tried DMT, can't wait to see what I see. Thats my life mission now, fuck all the rest.


--------------------
…...,~__________________, ,.
….../ `—___________—-___]Give a man a gun
…../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/he can rob a bank.
…..), —.(_(__) /
….// (..)),````
…//__/Give a man a bank,he can rob the world!
.//__/

Edited by CrimpJiggler (04/12/13 04:21 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Would you rather go to hell or cease to exist? [Re: all this beauty]
    #18098146 -

all this beauty said:
As I understand it, this board is not intended as a forum to discuss the morality or immorality of using drugs.  There are many internet boards where they discuss that sort of thing, but I assume this board is not one of them.  I assume this board is intended for drug-friendly people. 

If I go to a Christian board where the purpose of the board is to give praise and glory to Jesus Christ -- and if I post there that Jesus was a fraud, that it's a sin to believe he was divine, and that all unrepentant believers in the fraud are going to hell, I would be banned from that board in a heartbeat. 

And that would be cool.  I have no "right" to derail discussions which are in accordance with the board's purpose and goals.



The shroomery is not a haven for cowards. If moderators banned people for thinking critically about anything, drug included, I wouldn't come here. If the "drug" taking community wasn't willing to challenge itself with difficult questions it would become more dangerous. Interesting that the christian community only seems to feel safe as long as everyone is in agreement.
:shrug:


--------------------
:hst:
Society in every form is a blessing,
but government at its best is but a necessary evil
 
- Thomas Paine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Would you rather go to hell or cease to exist? [Re: crkhd]
    #18098155 -

crkhd said:
What has existed cannot be un-existed




What do you mean? Because it still exists in people's memory? What about when something becomes completely forgotten?


--------------------
:hst:
Society in every form is a blessing,
but government at its best is but a necessary evil
 
- Thomas Paine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Would you rather go to hell or cease to exist? [Re: all this beauty]
    #18100184 -

all this beauty said:
Deviate said:
I disagree that former users who are now against the use of psychedelics are trolling by posting here. I find discussion about the spiritual risks of psychedelics interesting and I would like the opportunity to converse with him.



As I understand it, this board is not intended as a forum to discuss the morality or immorality of using drugs.  There are many internet boards where they discuss that sort of thing, but I assume this board is not one of them.  I assume this board is intended for drug-friendly people. 

If I go to a Christian board where the purpose of the board is to give praise and glory to Jesus Christ -- and if I post there that Jesus was a fraud, that it's a sin to believe he was divine, and that all unrepentant believers in the fraud are going to hell, I would be banned from that board in a heartbeat. 

And that would be cool.  I have no "right" to derail discussions which are in accordance with the board's purpose and goals.




I don't really understand why you keep making that comparison, nor why you think this place should be run like a fundamentalist Christian website. I post on Catholic message board and you do not get banned for believing that Jesus was a fraud there, in fact I've read some very interesting debates between Jews (who hold that very position) and Catholics on that forum. You can go into the apologetics section and post all the challenges to the faith that you want, but here you don't think that negative opinions about psychedelics should be allowed at all?

Aside from all that, your analogy is poor to begin with. Is the purpose of these forums to give praise and glory to mushrooms or is it to share information, experiences and opinions related to mushrooms? When did the shroomery become a dogmatic mushroom worshiping cult?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Would you rather go to hell or cease to exist? [Re: Deviate]
    #18101341 -

Can you share the link to that Christian forum. I've been banned from every Christian forum and chat room I've signed up to just for asking questions. Its like that white supremacist forum stormfront.org, when you play stupid, they don't have a problem with you, but once you start to pose a threat to their ideologies, they ban you.

The shroomery is on the complete opposite end of the spectrum, you can be a hardcore anti mushroom extremist and won't be banned or have your posts censored. This is the way it should be. Freedom of speech. If ones beliefs and ideologies are so vulnerable that they can't withstand a bit of scrutiny, then maybe thats a sign that they need changing/upgrading. Besides that, all that matters is the truth so why even bother to defend ones belief system? Then again, brainwashing does work, if you know the truth and want to share it with others, some people can make it difficult for you to do that by influencing the minds of others in such a way that they won't see the truth in what you're saying. Inevitabally though, people will examine things in detail see the truth.


--------------------
…...,~__________________, ,.
….../ `—___________—-___]Give a man a gun
…../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/he can rob a bank.
…..), —.(_(__) /
….// (..)),````
…//__/Give a man a bank,he can rob the world!
.//__/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Would you rather go to hell or cease to exist? [Re: CrimpJiggler]
    #18101437 -

hell is other people.

what do you mean eternal suffering? you think when we die we will perceive eternal suffering through our subjective awareness of the physical senses? how would you experience hell subjectively after your physical body dies, thus leaving your sensory functions moot? are you saying you assume there is something beyond your subjective physical senses such as a soul that will suffer after your phyisicality perishes? something eternal/ephemeral that is not restricted within the confines of your subjective physical awareness?

if that is what you mean, how could something that is objective and detached from your subjective physical existence ever experience a "hell" that is, according to your description, a subjective punishment for your actions while experiencing physical awareness?

the idea of hell makes no sense to me....


--------------------
vi veri veniversum vivus vici

What she said :
"I smoke 'cos I'm hoping for an
Early death
AND I NEED TO CLING TO SOMETHING !"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Would you rather go to hell or cease to exist? [Re: CrimpJiggler]
    #18101451 -

i completely disagree with you. i believe there is censorship on many different levels throughout this website...for instance in a news article about bitcoins a member made an innocent post about silk road people being affected by the currency situation at this point.

this was quickly followed by a post warning the first poster that he should delete his post before a mod does, that the OP should not have discussed what he chose to express.

i have personal experiences and have made many observations of misuse of moderator power and favoritism among certain members, with some members being banned according to personal vendettas, not as a result of a breaking of any rules.

also have witnessed the allowance of rule abuse by favored members and mods that seem to "pick" on certain members.

i have seen blatant racism and had a mod make personal attacks through my ratings in attempt to intimidate me from voicing my opinions.  was also flamed through my most recent ratings by a mod who is supposed to uphold the reputation of this site.


--------------------
vi veri veniversum vivus vici

What she said :
"I smoke 'cos I'm hoping for an
Early death
AND I NEED TO CLING TO SOMETHING !"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Would you rather go to hell or cease to exist? [Re: desert father]
    #18101488 -

desert father said:
what do you mean eternal suffering? you think when we die we will perceive eternal suffering through our subjective awareness of the physical senses? how would you experience hell subjectively after your physical body dies, thus leaving your sensory functions moot? are you saying you assume there is something beyond your subjective physical senses such as a soul that will suffer after your phyisicality perishes? something eternal/ephemeral that is not restricted within the confines of your subjective physical awareness?

if that is what you mean, how could something that is objective and detached from your subjective physical existence ever experience a "hell" that is, according to your description, a subjective punishment for your actions while experiencing physical awareness?

the idea of hell makes no sense to me....



You're assuming that consciousness depends on the physical body. If I stab myself in the eyes, I go blind but maybe the eye thing is inconsequential, maybe I was gonna experience this lack of vision anyway. In dreams, I can go blind and my eyes have nothing to do with that. You could probably see a drop in occiputal lobe activity on an EEG, but maybe thats just another part of the illusion. In dreams, we believe we have reasons for whats happening, i.e. my hand hurts because a dog is biting me, but in reality there is no dog triggering your nociceptive neurons into eliciting a pain response, its just an illusion.


--------------------
…...,~__________________, ,.
….../ `—___________—-___]Give a man a gun
…../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/he can rob a bank.
…..), —.(_(__) /
….// (..)),````
…//__/Give a man a bank,he can rob the world!
.//__/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Would you rather go to hell or cease to exist? [Re: gluke bastid]
    #18101954 -

gluke bastid said:
crkhd said:
What has existed cannot be un-existed




What do you mean? Because it still exists in people's memory? What about when something becomes completely forgotten?



It doesn't matter about people in the first place. People are *objects* in something, Reality. Reality is not going away even when if the universe fades, which it will in due course.

This object I am talking about, is like a database, or a diary or a log book.

E.g.

13/04/2013
Subject 55APC3654 went to his local grocery store and purchased 450g of sugar in exchange for $5. He walked back to his place of residence at a velocity of 4.590999399329393km/h blah blah blah blah.

But this would be infinitely detailed, it is all-encompassing. No small detail would be left out here. This 'logbook' exists. It is encoded in the heat signature of the universe, the past => the present. The past EFFECTS the present. Even if everything is destroyed, it is fact that X happened on Y day, and so on and so on. In that sense, these things are frozen into existence. The past still exists, but the tuning knob which we call 'Time' is always scanning forwards.


Also, there are many scientific projects which are taking advantage of the fixed nature of the past in this aforementioned way. Two such projects are Wolfram Alpha and Google Knowledge Graph. Look them up.


People do not matter, will not matter and HAVE NEVER EVER EVER EVER mattered. Your consciousness means jack shit when it comes to the running of the universe. No, when you forget something, that does not mean the universe has forgotten a thing. Your limitations do not apply to the universe. The sooner you realise this and accept the futility and total gullibility of anthropocentric thinking, the sooner you would realise how permanent our actions are. Our actions are more permanent than our bodies. Our bodies will disappear in the blink of an eye but all that we do, that echoes throughout eternity, forever.


--------------------


"Everything there is, and all that there is, is a Pattern of unspeakable proportion. The Pattern contains everything that is, completely fixed in succession, all the minimal particles interconnected in every way that is. Every way that is is not every conceivable way, because not everything that can be conceived is manifest in the pattern."

"THE Human, you, is a miniscule but essential part of that pattern. In it lies complete fulfillment. It will never become something it is not, but it will never need to be anything else." - Wiccan_Seeker

"If boring drudgery was the way of the universe, everything would have killed itself long ago." - Spacerific

Edited by crkhd (04/13/13 10:20 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Would you rather go to hell or cease to exist? [Re: Deviate]
    #18102136 -

Deviate said:
...but here you don't think that negative opinions about psychedelics should be allowed at all?



We're talking about posters whose purpose for posting is to advise unrepentant users of psychedelics that they're going to hell.  Literally.

That's above and beyond a "negative opinion," in my opinion.  That's flaming and bashing.

Refer to the "Forum Rules" thread in this forum.  It states there, in part:

"Flaming or spiritual bashing is not tolerated in this section.
Do not provoke others with incendiary or condescending remarks."


I'd say that my telling you that you're going to hell for using psychedelics constitutes an "incendiary or condescending" remark"...  ya think?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Christ
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
flickedbic 6,065 93 03/04/18 05:19 PM
by MarkostheGnostic
* Heaven is coming to earth *the sequel*
( 1 2 3 4 ... 51 52 )
zorbman 184,496 1,020 03/15/18 06:53 PM
by BrendanFlock
* The designated talk-about-the-forum thread
( 1 2 3 all )
AsanteM 13,654 43 12/16/05 01:16 PM
by MAIA
* Bhakti Yoga leery11 1,396 16 08/06/08 02:51 PM
by lines
* Links Galore! Share your "New Age" sites! c0sm0nautt 1,737 6 03/22/09 11:12 PM
by Scratcher
* what it means to have dominion over the animals
( 1 2 all )
Deadfrancis 2,350 31 03/19/18 10:47 AM
by Bill_Oreilly
* The Snakes are inside me...
( 1 2 3 all )
Adamist 14,409 44 02/05/21 10:58 PM
by makalis
* Calling the Ungodly - Good News
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
fivepointer 16,825 175 10/13/07 09:43 PM
by shakercee

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, Asante, Shroomism, Rose, Kickle, yogabunny, Northerner, DividedQuantum
3,930 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 111 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.