Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
The Snakes are inside me...
    #469581 - 11/25/01 08:27 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Ok, this is going to sound somewhat insane, but I'm sure you're all used to it... (forgive my hard time relating exactly what happened... my vocabulary is hard-pressed to explain it)

I took some mushrooms last night. It was my first time tripping alone, and while I thought I could handle it, I experienced mostly intense feelings of loneliness and despair... the only thing that kept my mind together was the knowledge that it would not last, I think. During this time I had visions of numerous different snakes... different kind, different types, but they all seemed to be one entity. Some kind of higher intelligence was present, I sensed. Suddenly it manifested itself to me as a great shining red serpent, in a circle swallowing it's tail. It didnt communicate in words but in thoughts and feelings, coming through my own mind. It was making some sort of offer, and offer that I wouldn't refuse... I felt like a puppet, a tool... and I sensed that thats all we all are, puppets for higher powers. This was a terrifying feeling while comforting at the same time. I felt like I had just traded away something important.

I started looking at my body and as I looked closer I saw a tiny snake slithering under my skin. I sensed that their were other snakes inside me, ones that i couldnt see... i could feel them in my head, in my stomach... all slithering around. These realizations were so... monumental, that I went into a state of shock. I started talking out loud to these things... I told it I was having a moral dilemma, and that I didn't WANT to be evil. It "said" that good and evil are relative, a concept created by humans... and even though I wanted to resist, I had already agreed... they were in me, I thought. Nothing could be done. I dont know what it wants from me, and I asked it over and over, and when it didn't answer I got the feeling that I wasn't opening myself to it's communication any longer... thats when the mushrooms stopped their effect. I felt energy, I felt strong. I had the peace I usually get at the end of trips that I had been on a mental journey and it had changed me. A day later, the feelings are fading, and Im questioning whether it was all real or not... one thing i've learned from mushrooms is that anything can be an illusion, including the "reality" I'm living in.

At the time I thought that the snake intelligence were in fact some kind of aliens... that somehow used the mushrooms that I ate to open up a doorway to my body and mind. There was a lot of other things that happened that I am probablly forgetting, but thats the important parts I remember. I wonder if it's related to the experience I had a few months ago... While I was meditating I turned into a penis, and I felt power from being it. It was a very powerful, spiritual experience.

My purpose in writing this is to ask anyone out there if they have had similar experiences.  Im pretty confused after this latest snake infested trip and wondering if anyone else could share anything that would relate to it.

PS: oh ya the entity "told" me I was not alone, and that it had a select group of people around the world throughout the ages that had gone through the same thing. Maybe someone at the Shroomery is one of them :smile:

~happy shroomin~

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Edited by Adamist (07/14/09 04:26 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
Re: The Snakes are inside me... [Re: Adamist]
    #469677 - 11/25/01 11:34 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

The truth is: Your secretly gay.

I've never had snakes in my penis (maybe you should get that checked...lol), but I've spoken to aliens, often in my toilet. I've also had delimas about whether or not I was evil or not, or why I should be evil (pretty convincing arguments I'd have to say).

Tripping will do that to ya. Your the only one that can figure it out, thats the difficult part.

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

Offlinelissa
Loc: Ohio (sucks!)
Re: The Snakes are inside me... [Re: jonnyshaggs420]
    #470164 - 11/26/01 02:51 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

this makes me sort of glad that i don't have a penis... haha.

InvisibleIshmael
enthusiast

#470268 - 11/26/01 04:57 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

There's lots of symbolism in your trip-relation, so I'll help you 'decode' the easier bits symbols and let you 'read' them in whatever way you want.

What it seems like you're trying to say is that you felt like you 'sold your soul to the devil'. There is even the classic voice of 'the devill' speaking the philosophy of 'evil' - there is no evil for there is no right and wrong (the philosophy of God is exactly the opposite: There is Right and there is Wrong and both are defined by scripture). This is the classic method by which 'Satan' coaxes an unsuspecting creature into his sway. There is also another parallell: In classical myth, belezebub (which is a kind of individual demon) is seen as a fly or gnat that crawls /beneath the skin/ like an infection - this can be both seen and felt (and can be 'extracted' by a kind of exocism which involves cutting your toe and pouring a certain potion - the fly will then fly out of the wound and it can be caught and killed).

Again, in myth, the Snake or Serpent is the sly cajoling tongue of the devil which convinces Adamand Eve to eat from the Tree of Knowledge (thus introducing man to Evil in the first instance).

Your experience seems to indiciate that you believe very readily that there is a kind of over-lord spirituality in which we declare our allegiances to some sort of etheric banner and then fight one another for our respective 'god'.

If I were a Christian, which I'm not, I would say that you take all of these symbols literally, and then try to convince you that you repent, find Jesus and God, and extricate the serpent from beneath your skin.

But since I'm not Christian, I would probably tell you to define just what it is you feel is 'good' and what is 'evil' (as you obviously are having trouble getting past these concepts) so that you can understand just what exactly it is your subconscious is trying to tell you (The hallucinations you had were a product of your mind; you said it yourself in the begining..."the only thing that kept my mind together was the knowledge that it would not last" - if your /mind/ is together, you're not beyond /mind/ yet - you're still dealing with the manifestations of /mind/). Look at the symbols for yourself and understand them. That's the only way you'll be able to /understand/ ...and understanding is the only effective counter to fear.

Ish

OfflineDayMoon
Loc: Tennessee
    #470452 - 11/26/01 07:44 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I've had some extremely powerful serpent imagery during many of my trips...so much so that I've tried to research and understand as much as I can about it. The scene in the Book of Genesis concerning the "partaking from the Tree of Knowledge" has taken on a completely different meaning for me. I firmly believe the serpent in religion, myth any mysticism is associated with higher levels of consciousness, as well as divinity. I too have had the serpents move through my body while tripping...as if cleansing and healing. It frightened me too initially. I'm now slowly beginning to accept their presence when they appear and not be so repulsed. I've often wondered if God manifested himself in a true physical form if He might not appear as "reptilian" to us. The serpent imagery and symbolism is powerful ju ju. Check out these links if you like: www.geocities.com/Athens/Delphi/5789/serpent.html or www.endicott-studio.com/forbiser.html
You're probably on to something and don't know it's significance yet...maybe. It's taken me a while to just be "open" to the serpent. GO SERPENT POWER!!!

--------------------
Veteran Cosmic Rocker :cool:

Anonymous

Re: The Snakes are inside me... [Re: DayMoon]
    #470467 - 11/26/01 08:07 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: The Snakes are inside me... [Re: Anonymous]
    #470508 - 11/26/01 08:49 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for the links and the info on symbolism. I forgot to put in my post that the snake was telling something along the lines of "swallow/eat everything weak, including yourself, to gain wisdom."

A few of the snakes i had visions of were actually eating their own tails...

--------------------

Invisiblemr crisper

#470594 - 11/26/01 10:17 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

i cannot claim to be an expert about the meanings, but ive had a number of experiences with a reptilian creature and snakes.
not the willy bit, but i did enjoy an awesome s+m session with a she-bitch dragon after a huge dose of 2ct7
the snake is playing a kind of game. first it creates fear, a lot of people shit themseles at this point and go home.
those with the wisdom or stupidity to keep going will then be enticed somehow, i would guess sexually...my experiences were the wildest of my life, sounds like yours are too.
you are being tested, if you keep going you will be taught something, a vision, a word, both maybe. the full meaning and use of this knowledge may not come apparent for many years. yes the snake is the tempter, but also a trickster, just as genesis describes, perhaps a better depiction of the situation is on the tarot card -the lovers.
its possible too the snakes are symbolic of your kundalini awakening, a bit of a mindfucking event if you are not prepared.

if inner evolution is like digging a hole, using psychedelics seems like digging the hole with dynamite. quick but easy to blow off a few body parts.
sorry to give such warnings, really, your experiences are to be cherished and contemplated...read up on snakes and dragons in mythology, you will find many answers.

Offlineimstoned420
Stranger
    #470908 - 11/27/01 05:35 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

the snake eating its own tail is symbol used in alchemy its called Ouroboros . this site http://abacus.best.vwh.net/oro/ouroboros.html has a bunch of pic ov ouroboros from differnt cultures and this site http://www.spirasolaris.ca/sbb4f.html has alot ov info about it . ill paste a few quotes from the page abut what it mean here .The "tail-devourer" is the symbolization of concepts such as completion, perfection and totality, the endless round of existence, etc. It is usually represented as a worm or serpent with its tail in its mouth. The world snake, Ouroboros, swallowing its own tail, expresses the essence of Gnostic esotericism. It is both an amulet against suffering and a representation of the cosmos, "the circle of eternal becoming," often seen with the words "One is the All." "Ouroboros was and is the name for the Great World Serpent, encircling the earth. The word 'Ouroboros' is really a term that describes a similar symbol which has been cross-pollinated from many different cultures. From "Ouroboros," there is the serpent or dragon gnawing at its own tail. The symbolic connotation from this owes to the returning cyclical nature of the seasons; the oscillations of the night sky; self-fecundation; disintegration and re-integration; truth and cognition complete; the Androgyne (see below); the primaeval waters; the potential before the spark of creation; the undifferentiated; the Totality; primordial unity; self-sufficiency, and the idea of the beginning and the end as being a continuous unending principle. It represents the conflict of life as well in that life comes out of life and death. 'My end is my beginning.' In a sense life feeds off itself, thus there are good and bad connotations which can be drawn. It is a single image with the entire actions of a life cycle - it begets, weds, impregnates, and slays itself, but in a cyclical sense, rather than linear. Thus, it fashions our lives to a totality more towards what it may REALLY be - a series of movements which repeat. "As Above, So Below" - we are born from nature, and we mirror it, because it is what man wholly is a part of. there anothere i site i look at and its about integrating 12 multidimensional selfs that are connected with the 12 chakras one aspect is reptile and and its atracted to the low basslines in jungle music .that site is http://www.alloya.de/

Invisiblemr crisper

Re: The Snakes are inside me... [Re: imstoned420]
    #471719 - 11/27/01 09:25 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

we always read of the ouroborus swallowing its own tail.
i wonder if it doing the opposite and expanding outward.
creating itself with voice and language.
viewing it this way opens the mind to an amazing array of ideas.

OfflinePhilosoPossum

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Re: The Snakes are inside me... [Re: imstoned420]
    #471796 - 11/27/01 10:24 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

s+m sessions with she-bitch dragons!? (shit that made me laugh... :)

thanks for the info imstoned420. I have a medieval shield replica in my room that my friend painted, and I chose to put the Ouroboros symbol on it-- I've always loved that symbol.

anyway, I had an encounter a few years ago with snakes of the Mayan variety. I had the closed eye visual of a mass of writhing (rainbow coloured) serpents. The snakes were distinctly Aztec/Mayan in design. Then the "head" serpent turned its head towards me and was revealed to look surprisingly like Quetzalcotl, the Mayan serpent diety. It appeared to smile at me (as well as a snake can smile) then faded away into the other intricate patterns that danced over my field of inner vision.

the snake presenses were not nearly strong enough to manifest as "personalities" or beings of a real sort... but I suppose that may be just a question of mushroom dosage. ;)

I see snakes as fairly positive images now. Kind of creepy still... but there's an intuition of a type of intelligence and almost benevolent power associated with them (I think so, at least). Maybe this will help a *little* in easing the weird "devil-possesion" concerns?

matt

(you might also want to read "The Cosmic Serpent" by Jeremy Narby)

Anonymous

#473167 - 11/29/01 12:52 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

To me a snake eating its own tail represents the cyclical nature of life symbolizing reincarnation and evolution. Everything contributes to evolution, feeding itself to others for growth and also feeding on others for growth. Also showing a connection between all things.
The reptiles are a very proud race, particularly of their exquisite spines. They take pride in their work and are renowned for their great healing abilities and connection with the Earth.

What you experienced most likely effected you deeply, but consciously, you seem unable to interpret the meaning behind it. While it is likely that you will soon forget it all happened, the lesson learned will stay with you imprinted on your subconscious. What matters is that you are able to learn from the experience, as it has obviously effected you on many levels.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: The Snakes are inside me... [Re: ]
    #473973 - 11/29/01 06:58 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Ive been having weird dreams that bleed into my reality lately. I know they are there but I forget everything when I wake. Last night I dreamed and I remember coming to great understandings, but when I woke, I couldnt remember anything.

Also, whenever I look at the wallpaper (or any repetative design in a large space), it moves... kind of like its melting but thats not the right word. I think im half in one reality and half in the other, except I cant remember details of my other half.

/shrug or i could just be going insane

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
    #474489 - 11/30/01 05:49 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I am a psychotherapist with considerable training in the Jungian school, and I am familiar with most of the phenomenology that you describe. In your particular case, there is symbolic overlap. Firstly, Most of my trips over 28 years was by myself. During my years in a Christian seminary, I became convinced of my intrinsic unworthiness before God, and writhed around in psychic agony. Fortunately, that stilted perspective died, and a healthier self-worth took its place. We are 'alone,' from one level, and simultaneously we are 'all one' from a higher perspective. The latter perspective requires a breakthrough spiritual realization.

Snakes in the body is a common belief among Santeria and Voodoo believers. I knew a Haitian man with AIDS who allowed a 'houngan' (Voodoo priest) to 'exorcise' those snakes with emetic drugs which caused him to puke and shit himself to death in 24 hours (he had a few more months to live). The symbolism of snakes is complex, both negative and positive the world over. So is the toxic experience of small creatures under the skin. 'Coke bugs' - like ants - is called formication (formic acid is ant venom), but snakes are also experienced as part of a drug-toxic psychosis (see the movie 'The 7% Solution' about a fictional Sherlock Holmes addicted to cocaine, who sees snakes) as well as alcoholic DT's. People experience snakes and rodents, not pink elephants.

The further association of snake-penis is archetypal, that is, universal. Sitting in full-lotus, the outline of the body sort of resembles 'cock & balls,' with the knees/legs as the balls. The god Shiva, the meditating third of the Hindu Trinity was often in sexual embrace with his Shakti, the goddess Parvati. The Serpent-Power Kundalini is evoked from the base of the spine or the anal-genital complex, and rises up the spine to the head in Hindu Yoga to create a white-light experience. The Gnostics saw the role of the serpent in Eden as a hero, not the later Christian overlay as devil. The serpent is 'the Shining One' in Genesis. Lucifer means 'light bearer,' by which our eyes are opened. The 'sin' in Eden was supposed to happen, and symbolizes the birth of self-consciousness out of a primordial unconscious unity - the Ouroborous - the snake biting its own tail.

So, to sum up. You may have had something of a toxic reaction from the mushrooms, but useful psychological data came of the experience. You can learn 'Active Imagination' from Barbara Hannah's book of that title, in which you actually learn to dialogue with the snake-entity. It is a powerful Jungian technique. I had a dream about a huge snake named 'Python,' with whom I later developed pages of dialogue with.
To become a phallus in meditation rings loudly of association with Shiva in the Hindu Yoga texts. The safest and healthiest way to pursue the meanings in your experiences is first to establish a Sacred Center - a home base, or internal frame of reference. This is what mainstrem Christians really mean by finding Jesus, or more accurately, Christ. The Heart, as the central organ of meditation, and the 'locus' of love and compassion, needs first and foremost to be identified with. This means identify inwardly with compassion as your Heart of Hearts - your True Self - before you attempt communication with anyone or anything. One never wants to identify with the contents of the unconscious, which is quite dangerous and leads to inflation and psychosis in the worst cases. So, from 'Christ the Center,' you can explore anything. Peace and best wishes.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Snakes are inside me... *DELETED* [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #474493 - 11/30/01 06:10 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Deleted by admin

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: The Snakes are inside me... [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #475089 - 11/30/01 05:04 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks alot for the information Marcos... its exactly what I was looking for. I feel like im in a science fiction novel... *looks at the slowly moving colors of his wall*

today i felt something jump in my heart... it freaked me out because i thought i was having a heart attack, but it was just a thump, and only once. I seriously think theres some sort of foreign... thing, inside of me. Ive read theories of mushrooms being an alien-race, or a tool to contact them. Thats what Ive felt when I took them, that there was an "alien"(otherwordly, higher power) presence.

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: The Snakes are inside me... [Re: World Spirit]
    #475387 - 11/30/01 09:29 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

You'll notice that "Christ Consciousness" is your term, and that I intentionally do not use that non-Biblical and rather New Age appellation. Christ or 'Annointed' is a title for a state of being which is also viewed as Holy Being, not merely 'a being.' This is not splitting hairs, it is orthodox theology. Christ is not a "feeling," it, or traditionally, He (although "in Christ there is no male or female") is an ontological Reality - Reality with a capital 'R' - which is to say, Reality=Truth. Being and State of Being parallel the ideas of God and Godhead - of personal and transpersonal aspects of Ultimate Reality. The psychological difficulty of regarding only the former is to subtly and wrongly associate God (or Christ) with 'a Being,' instead of the Very Ground of Being from which the universe emerges.

If Christ is not 'incarnate' in each and every believer - not just Y'shua ben Miriam - then no 'metanoia,' no inner change, no rebirth in the Spirit (which is an archaic word that IS more accurately translated as 'consciousness') has occurred. The Holy Spirit means the Holy Consciousness, which as in the language of myth was described at the Pentacost event as "cloven tongues of fire" that manifested on the crowns (top of the head) of the apostles. It is such language that as midrash, as florid epiphany, that an Enlightenment Experience is being illustrated. The Holy Fire (so often described in OT and NT) 'descends' from a higher plane (one of the heavens in which one may be "caught up" according to Paul), through the Head Center, descends through the Thoat Center, and comes to indwell the Heart Center. Catholic liturgy reflects this by the crossing of these regions at the reading of the Gospels. The Sacred Heart illustrations depict the descent of the Halo or Head nimbus to the Heart Center with the symbolic encircling of the Sacred Heart by the Crown of thorns (which had encircled the Head). These are Holy Mysteries, so please do do interpret my words as referring to something less. Pax Vobiscum.

--------------------

OfflineDayMoon
    #475405 - 11/30/01 09:50 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Markos...
I've watched your post over the last year. No doubt you're a quite erudite fellow. You can blow away the average guy with your "razzle-dazzle" intellectual style and make it sound that you know most all that is to be known about most any subject that is brought up in this forum. However, your lack of modesty and humility always amazes me. I too am a psychotherapist and have a fairly good understanding of ego functioning...and man, I have to say, yours seems to be inflated as hell. If your experience with psychedelics, mushrooms in particular, is as extensive as you lead one to believe, then surely you must have learned something about the qualities of humility. Honestly, you give the impression of having none. I think I may have said something to you before on this line and you blew it off in your typical egotistical style. In your post on this subject, I think that you have led this individual to believe that he's possessed in some way. By presenting yourself as a psychotherapist, accompanied by your razzel-dazzel-intellectual-ego-inflated style, you must understand that you may have a significant influence on how this information is received and intergrated by others on here. Be careful.

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#475455 - 11/30/01 10:23 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Identifying oneself as a psychotherapist is merely and simply that - identification. Nowhere have I said I am a 'great' psychotherapist, or 'renowned,' or 'perfect.' As I read today in 'Meeting the Shadow: The Hidden Power of the Dark Side of Human Nature," having "strong ego" is not the same as being "egocentric." Rather than engaging your own 'J' function (from an MBTI perspective), you might consider from which essential motive I am communicating to individuals on this forum. Do you suppose that most people I encounter in life see me as inflated, egocentric, immodest or proud (vs. humble)? Does your term "razzle-dazzle" mean anything more than a kind of cheap display of appearance, without substance? Is my presence here motivated by a power-motive, or by narcissism, or merely as a 'show-off?' Do I "make it sound" like I know-it-all to YOU, or do I simply respond with knowledge that I actually have some mastery in? Perhaps it is immodest to suggest that guiding people half my age, usually but not always by request, is actually motivated by interest, concern and altruism. If either of us is manifesting inflation, it is you by your accusatory tone. Simple projection here. Possession, by the way, is a very real phenomenon whether one takes it as possession by an 'autonomous complex,' from a depth psychology point of view, or from a spiritual model that ranges from Biblical to Voodooist. I assure you that I weigh my words carefully when I 'enter the mix.' Perhaps you should examine your motives as carefully before pointing an accusatory finger.

--------------------

Anonymous

#475458 - 11/30/01 10:27 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I hope this doesn't get ugly, this has been a nice thread full of good information...

OfflineDayMoon
    #475859 - 12/01/01 07:13 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Ok Markos...
In the process of "guiding people half" your "age" and planting the idea in their head that they may be possessed, and there is an indication that they "believe it", at least be responsible and ethical enough to recommend some type of guidance or follow up in dealing with their problem. This young man (assuming such) may very well be terrified and and feeling helpless. His last post at the very least reflects considerable 'concern'. You don't know how "labile" his psychological/psychiatric state may be. When you pop on here tauting yourself as a psychotherapist, especially in your razzel-dazzel manner, you have the responsibility ethically and morally to take care in what you say. You should KNOW that Markos. Your disregard for that only substantiates MY personal perceptions and suspicion about your alleged "altruistic" intentions. Now that you have opened that door, you as a professional have the ethical responsibility of offering this young man your services or refering him to an appropriate "healer". Leaving him hanging in some abstract obscurity in down right mean and callus.

I see no need to continue responding to this thread. Hopefully your being confronted about this Markos will cause you to be a little more mindful about what and how you post on here.

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#475948 - 12/01/01 10:35 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Obviously it hasn't occurred to you that the more personal aspects of my communication, including referral suggestions, may be taking place through private e mail correspondance outside of this public forum. DUH! That you are not part of this dialogue also seems to disturb you. You are very clearly not in any position to question my ethics or motives. Moreover, you have some learning to acquire, not to mention some manners. Concern and response on this public forum is NOT psychotherapy, even if it come from a therapist. It could amount to that on private e mail, pro bono, since there is no fee agreement, but you or the public are not gonna hear about that from me. That would be breaking confidentiality. I do not answer to you, and have no interest in your appraisal of my motives. The very fact that you come on as my personal ethical review board indicates your own inflation. Buzz off.

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

#477197 - 12/02/01 02:24 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

whew... well if anyone still cares, the weird moving vision I was getting has disappeared. My third eye is closed...

oh yeah, and I keep associating females with serpents... my girlfriend "turned into" this snake-like creature last night, and that fearful, curious feeling came back to me. Ever notice how getting excitedly intimate with someone can resemble snakes dancing with each other? Im dancing with the snake, and it could devour me at any moment...

HAHAhahahah im insane

--------------------

Anonymous

#477209 - 12/02/01 02:36 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Ride the snake...

Offlineknowwon
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #10653231 - 07/10/09 02:13 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

i also had a snake inside me, it was a silver serpent in my brain, it had the power to destroy me but didnt, this was 5 years ago and im still trying to understand the visions, the snake came to me when i was coming down off a 7 grm trip of shrooms,i thought my trip was just about over and  i was getting ready to go to sleep and there it was, it didnt matter if my eyes were open or closed i could see it and feel it watching over me,it would go in my head and explore then come out and watch me. it was like a mechanical serpent evaluating me, it was the clearest vision ive ever had and im still having trouble making sence of it after years, it scared the hell out of me because i wasnt really tripping when it happened and to this day it still bothers me because i dont know what it was, what it wanted, or what it was doing.

Invisiblemr.bixby
Routine waxes cold
Male

Loc: The West is the Best
Re: The Snakes are inside me... [Re: knowwon]
    #10653703 - 07/10/09 03:50 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I hope the experience didn't make you want to stop using shrooms, I wonder if anything has the power to destroy you unless you give power over to it.
2000+ days equals 7+ years, the oldest reply to a post I've seen but it's an interesting subject.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #10658924 - 07/11/09 03:52 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I had visions of numerous different snakes

I think when tripping, snakes represent DNA.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: The Snakes are inside me... [Re: knowwon]
    #10659104 - 07/11/09 04:29 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Epic bump.  I remember this thread.  Wonder what Adamist is up to these days.

I'm reminded of this story (it's a good read)
http://deoxy.org/shamanway.htm

--------------------

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#10659399 - 07/11/09 05:23 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I have had a very similar experience to the OP and I believe that he was being tempted by a negative entity into making a pact.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: The Snakes are inside me... (moved) [Re: Adamist]
    #10659464 - 07/11/09 05:32 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

This thread was moved from Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology.

Reason:
Even though this is such an old topic, it's still better suited for M&P.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: The Snakes are inside me... (moved) [Re: deCypher]
    #10659688 - 07/11/09 06:17 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Wow, what synchronicity!! I hardly ever surf this site these days, but today I just happened to be browsing the main forum page and the words "The Snakes are..." caught me eye! Has it really been 7 years & 7 months??

Well, I am still dealing with this energy. I think the original experience was kundalini-related, and perhaps I was projecting my shadow self, which is why it felt so alien. I believe I was trying to become more integrated as a whole, and that's why it was so scary. I was not prepared for it at the time, and obviously I am still struggling to understand. This energy inside me causes pain occasionally, in different parts of my body. It usually moves between the base of my spine into my stomach area. Also lately I've been having chest pains, and trouble breathing. I've been to doctors for all of these symptoms, with no definitive diagnosis. They think the pain is psychosomatic, but to me it feels quite real.

I think slowly over the years I have become more integrated with this energy, whatever it may be. I no longer think of it as an "alien" force. It is now a part of me (or always has been). I will never forget this experience though, and hopefully posting it has been of some help or comfort to somebody else out there.

--------------------

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: The Snakes are inside me... (moved) [Re: Adamist]
    #10659748 - 07/11/09 06:30 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Interesting.  Have you tried DMT out of curiosity?  This was invaluable as far as spiritual cleansing goes and was enormously helpful in expelling foreign spirits from my energy body.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #10672306 - 07/13/09 10:14 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Yes, well, like a fundamentalist Christian or Muslim, you do NOT want to take visionary experiences (a) literally, like they take religious writings (b). No, despite what Voudun houngans say about internal snakes, or Santeria santeros, you have neither minions of the L'wa Damballah (c), nor do you have extraterrestrials (d) or interdimensional beings (e). If you choose to select options (b), (c), (d), or (e), then you are fixating on an idea (idea fixe), and you will be considered to be delusional by most mental health professionals (including myself).

Meanwhile, visionary experiences (a) [Note: I am not calling them, perjoratively, 'hallucinations'] should be contemplated, the symbolism of the visions should be explored intellectually, following your emotional reactions to them, until you understand the universality of serpents as the object of visionary experience from the Gilgamesh Epic to the Genesis story, to the Nagas in India, to Pre-Colombian art, etc., etc. NO you're not the first person to have these visions, get over your adolescent self and stop panicking. Also stop dosing until you've assimilated this experience or you'll end up tied to a gurney in a psych ward.

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: The Snakes are inside me... [Re: Icelander]
    #10672333 - 07/13/09 10:17 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
I had visions of numerous different snakes

I think when tripping, snakes represent DNA.

It's an interesting prospect.  Many have commented on the similarity between the DNA double-helix and the caduceus:

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#10672354 - 07/13/09 10:20 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

LILITH

--------------------

Edited by MarkostheGnostic (07/14/09 09:50 PM)

OfflinenewshOne
searching

Loc: Hawaii Flag
    #10672557 - 07/13/09 10:58 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Adamist said:

oh yeah, and I keep associating females with serpents... my girlfriend "turned into" this snake-like creature last night, and that fearful, curious feeling came back to me. Ever notice how getting excitedly intimate with someone can resemble snakes dancing with each other? Im dancing with the snake, and it could devour me at any moment...

HAHAhahahah im insane

Wow

I have had an experience with LSD that is similar to ^^ 

There is much more to this story and ive been planning on writing a trip report about that night but heres my short and to the point version of what i experienced

Setting: night of 4th of july, in woods, laying down watching stars on LSD

While fondling through a girls hand with my fingers an immense power came over me which drew my opposing (right) hand to the ground. This sent a surge of energy through my left hand (which was with the girl), which felt much like two opposing magnets, while my right hand seemed plastered to the ground with immense gravitational pull. I then witnessed nothing more than a serpent rapidly coiling around a figure of a women , which reminded me much of the DNA double helix . This vision would trickle out of existence stoped playing with her hand, then back in when i resumed. This lasted for about 1-2?minutes? I am still learning much from this experience.:heart:

--------------------
Dont forget to stop and smell your flowers

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

#10672937 - 07/14/09 12:15 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
Yes, well, like a fundamentalist Christian or Muslim, you do NOT want to take visionary experiences (a) literally, like they take religious writings (b). No, despite what Voudun houngans say about internal snakes, or Santeria santeros, you have neither minions of the L'wa Damballah (c), nor do you have extraterrestrials (d) or interdimensional beings (e). If you choose to select options (b), (c), (d), or (e), then you are fixating on an idea (idea fixe), and you will be considered to be delusional by most mental health professionals (including myself).

Meanwhile, visionary experiences (a) [Note: I am not calling them, perjoratively, 'hallucinations'] should be contemplated, the symbolism of the visions should be explored intellectually, following your emotional reactions to them, until you understand the universality of serpents as the object of visionary experience from the Gilgamesh Epic to the Genesis story, to the Nagas in India, to Pre-Colombian art, etc., etc. NO you're not the first person to have these visions, get over your adolescent self and stop panicking. Also stop dosing until you've assimilated this experience or you'll end up tied to a gurney in a psych ward.

Who said I was taking anything literally, or still dosing for that matter? It's been quite some time since my last psychedelic experience. I was merely updating this thread with my current views on the original experience, and nothing I said relates to your pompous descriptions. Unless you were replying to someone else, please explain yourself.

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

#10675811 - 07/14/09 02:56 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Here's a post I made a few months after this experience... I'm adding it to this thread so Markos can see plainly that I am not delusional, and that I've worked hard to integrate this experience-

The past month has been such a rollercoasting of extreme feelings and experiences, that I thought I might share with you tonite a fraction of a grand story that we are all characters of. My mushroom experiences are limited to three voyages into higher vibrational frequencies, all of which had a profound effect on my "normal" life. As I reflect I notice a pattern in the spiritual path I have undertook...

Briefly - in the first "experience", I became aware of the walls around me. I became aware of the spirit of the Earth. I became aware of how I was connected with this massive, dreamy, loving Earth that is a knowing environment of this holy experience. This trip prepared me for what was to come...

My second time on mushrooms, it felt like i was warped into an eternal dimension where so many things were revealed that I have trouble remembering it all. Im sure you all know what im talking about... During this trip I overcame ego completely, and opened all of my chakras, including the illusive crown chakra, which spun energy so fast around my obdula oblungota I felt like I was warping into hyperspace. I could feel energy spinning at the speed of light around my brain, I could feel some kind of field around myself. I experienced the true love, the light that I had forgotten since birth, the shining light of where I came from. In the eternal dimension I was boosted into space towards a planet which I now suspect as being Uranus (ruler of Aquarius). I approached this planet in spirit form and had telapathic conversation with it... It told me that I was part of It's flock It had sent to Earth for the particular purpose of shifting the Earth's consciousness, or dimension. (I cannot be for sure the EXACT meaning since it was communicated through my mind, which slightly alters any truth to my version of "truth") Also during this experience I met with some sort of Hindu serpent god/goddess that morphed my meditation posture into a "cock n ball" image (I was viewing myself out-of-body at the time). I suspect it to be Kali or Shiva, particulary since I recently discovered that according to Hindu legend, Kali was born on the same day as I (February 17th).

Anyways, the third and most recent experience involved an intensely painful, fearful, and blissful Kundalini awakening. I was alone, afraid, and pitiful when i sent out "the call" for higher guidance to get me through my Fear into Love. (Be careful what you wish for, by the way..) Anyway, the serpent being came again (this time not in the form of Kali or Shiva, but more of an "alien" form) and revealed to me that the road I wanted was the hardest road of all, but with the most blissful rewards to reap. I agreed, and we made some sort of pact on a deeper level that I am still discovering the small print to :wink:

Some of the small print revealed so far:
All the problems that come with kundalini energy, such as digestive problems, aching muscles, splitting headaches, pains in the left foot, intense depression, the terrifying fear that comes with confronting your fears, etc... But I wouldn't of made this pact if the rewards were not worth the pain. At some stages of the cycle (usually after I break down the fear-created walls around me) I experience a most blissful state in which my chakras bloom (mostly my heart chakra), I can see things with my Third Eye, and my Higher Self comes down to be here now, in this body, to help me along this path. Ive noticed that my pupils become large when my Higher Self is here, and that I feel liquidy warm sensations up and down my spine and in my chest (all of this occurs sober, keep in mind).

This brings me to my current state... I never imagined how hard this could be, to confront my innermost fears and embrace light and love with my entire being... but I'm getting there...
Sorry for writing a "life story", im sure most of you are tired of this kind of stuff by now, but I would be interested in hearing anything similar from anyone, so I figured I'd put part of my own story out for someone else's interest. Its comforting to know I am not alone in this and that I really am not going insane when so many around me are sleeping and Im trying to wake up. "Is there even something to wake up to?" my Fear asks, and that deeply instilled intuitive KNOWing that was ignited through the mushroom replies with a definite, comforting, "yes".

I will leave you all with a quote I found on the net today that sent those tingly feelings you get when you recognize serious synchronicity at work:
"The shaman seers of the Fourth World generally agree that those who tenaciously cling to the past will fall into mass insanity. The serpent power of the Aquarian Age is upon us. The Kundalini of Gaia is about to awaken. No one can avoid being affected. Most human beings may go out of their minds; others will go beyond mind."  -John Hogue

Edited by Adamist (07/14/09 03:01 PM)

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#10675861 - 07/14/09 03:03 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Jeeze kind of harsh there Markos.

Where else could a conversation start right back up where it left off 8 years ago? :lol:

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#10678306 - 07/14/09 10:00 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Why dredge something up unless it's unfinished business?
Why depict something in a way that is so unclear that it invites an interpretation?
Why consider an orientation to conventional reality as being "pompous?"
Who gives a rats ass if your "still dosing?" The remark was that dosing on top of an unassimilated experience replete with disturbing imagery and affect very easily leads to brief psychotic episodes or worse.
Why post if you expect only agreeable responses?
Why does a challenge cause affront and not simply elicit further clarification on your part?
Have I explained myself sufficiently?

Invisiblelife is good
Sun and sky and trees
Female User Gallery

Re: The Snakes are inside me... [Re: Middleman]
    #25484433 - 09/24/18 04:34 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

themods

--------------------

I didn't draw this.

"Hope your day is as wonderful, loving, and kind as you are."
:heart:

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#25485832 - 09/24/18 04:09 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Being filled with snakes and/or toads is a delusion that belongs to Haitian Vodoun. I knew a Haitian man who, in his desperation to cure his AIDS in the early 90s paid for a Houngan, a medicine man, to fly in from Haiti and said that he has "snakes and toads." The Houngan gave my acquaintance an emetic, and in his profoundly weakened state he shit himself to death.

When I experienced uncomfortable ennervations during an early acid trip, a girl I was tripping with simply changed my head-space by saying, "Oh that's just yer blood boiling." Now I didn't take the words literally, but she was a year older and more experienced with acid (she eventually became manager for The Dead after Jerry died). Her metaphor was calming. She also handed me a copy of BE HERE NOW which blew my mind that day. A feeling of skin-crawling is very likely to elicit images of snakes since the creature is an archetype of the collective unconscious and has both good and evil symbolism attached in the Bible. Star into your skin on a strong dose and you are very likely to produce any number of projected hallucinations based on temporary delusions.

Whereas the serpent (actually called "the shining one" in the Hebrew Genesis I believe) is often interpreted as being an evil tempter, some Gnostics (like the Ophites) identified the mythic creature as being something of a hero. Without having their eyes opened by the 'fruit of knowledge of good and evil,' our mythic Primal Parents would never have begun the process of Individuation, the emergence of self-consciousness from the matrix (the mythic Garden) of unconsciousness. Their 'oneness' is the unconscious unity of a neonate. It is necessary to enter duality for consciousness to develop on the way to a higher conscious or superconscious unity. This is a Jungian analysis of the myth. Jesus says "Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves" in Matthew 10:16, and to cure people of their heavy-metal poisoning from the golden calf of Baal, Moses holds a magickal bronze serpent on a pole above the Israelites. Gazing upon it, people are cured. The serpent has an ambivalent symbolism for good or evil. I have a shirt with a crucified serpent on it. Hermes-Mercury's caduceus staff is a symbol of the twin serpentine paths (Ida-Lunar, Pingala-Solar) that criss-cross at the chakras from coccyx to amygdala in the yogic mystical physiology.

Incidentally, if you are not aware of it, the Ouroboric serpent is a symbol used in alchemy and by other Hermetic philosophical sources.  With its tail-in-mouth it can symbolize eternity. I should have kept and preserved it, but I once found a small dead snake in front of our home shrine with its tail close to its mouth in a dried circle. We have a piece of wall art with two winged dragons in a circle, tails in each other's mouth. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouroboros

Sitting in lotus or half-lotus can have phallic symbolism with the upright body being the penis and the outstretched knees resembling the scrotum. The Great God Shiva, the yogic meditator is usually identified with the masculine energy in Hindu thought (like Yang is in Chinese thought). The Shakti is the corresponding feminine energy (Yin). In Tantric Yoga, the Kundalini-Shakti [Serpent Power] enters the body at the anal chakra (Muladhara) and rises to union with Shiva who resides in the Thousand-Petalled Lotus in the brain. There's that caduceus of Hermes-Mercury ladder again.

It is better to acquaint yourself with the ancient meanings of these images when they arise. Some traditions are clearly more instructive than others. The Greeks and Romans gave Hermes-Mercury the serpentine staff, but it is unlikely they understood the Indian roots of the symbol and how one can develop psychospiritually by the knowledge and practices the symbol embodies. Your take sounds more like my late Haitian acquaintance, so it might behoove you to learn the yogic and/or alchemical traditions before your next solo trip. :wink:

--------------------

OfflineSycoNautix
Male

Loc: NorCal
    #25493608 - 09/27/18 05:01 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

I have serpents in my mind everyday. They prey on insecurities and enter the subconscious mind mainly through music lyrics. When you really feel a lyric or lyrics, they enter your soul. Drug use makes it worse, because it opens the veil.

Once they are inside, they have total control over your subconscious and the way you think. It’s like a demon presence stands above and inside you, waiting to pounce.

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: The Snakes are inside me... [Re: SycoNautix]
    #25494165 - 09/27/18 08:52 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Well, if you're discussing it in this antique thread, it probably means that you are not clarifying your experiences in therapy. :shrug:

--------------------

Offlinemakalis
Stranger
    #27188920 - 02/05/21 10:58 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

I've got the snakes inside vibe before. Associated with my tongue, and it coming out of my mouth, and a feeling that I'm not really in control of it. Quite alarming! Shrooms are weird.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds