Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Invisiblelife is good
Sun and sky and trees
Female User Gallery

Re: The Snakes are inside me... [Re: Middleman]
    #25484433 - 09/24/18 04:34 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

themods

--------------------

I didn't draw this.

"Hope your day is as wonderful, loving, and kind as you are."
:heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: The Snakes are inside me... [Re: Adamist]
    #25485832 - 09/24/18 04:09 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Being filled with snakes and/or toads is a delusion that belongs to Haitian Vodoun. I knew a Haitian man who, in his desperation to cure his AIDS in the early 90s paid for a Houngan, a medicine man, to fly in from Haiti and said that he has "snakes and toads." The Houngan gave my acquaintance an emetic, and in his profoundly weakened state he shit himself to death.

When I experienced uncomfortable ennervations during an early acid trip, a girl I was tripping with simply changed my head-space by saying, "Oh that's just yer blood boiling." Now I didn't take the words literally, but she was a year older and more experienced with acid (she eventually became manager for The Dead after Jerry died). Her metaphor was calming. She also handed me a copy of BE HERE NOW which blew my mind that day. A feeling of skin-crawling is very likely to elicit images of snakes since the creature is an archetype of the collective unconscious and has both good and evil symbolism attached in the Bible. Star into your skin on a strong dose and you are very likely to produce any number of projected hallucinations based on temporary delusions.

Whereas the serpent (actually called "the shining one" in the Hebrew Genesis I believe) is often interpreted as being an evil tempter, some Gnostics (like the Ophites) identified the mythic creature as being something of a hero. Without having their eyes opened by the 'fruit of knowledge of good and evil,' our mythic Primal Parents would never have begun the process of Individuation, the emergence of self-consciousness from the matrix (the mythic Garden) of unconsciousness. Their 'oneness' is the unconscious unity of a neonate. It is necessary to enter duality for consciousness to develop on the way to a higher conscious or superconscious unity. This is a Jungian analysis of the myth. Jesus says "Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves" in Matthew 10:16, and to cure people of their heavy-metal poisoning from the golden calf of Baal, Moses holds a magickal bronze serpent on a pole above the Israelites. Gazing upon it, people are cured. The serpent has an ambivalent symbolism for good or evil. I have a shirt with a crucified serpent on it. Hermes-Mercury's caduceus staff is a symbol of the twin serpentine paths (Ida-Lunar, Pingala-Solar) that criss-cross at the chakras from coccyx to amygdala in the yogic mystical physiology.

Incidentally, if you are not aware of it, the Ouroboric serpent is a symbol used in alchemy and by other Hermetic philosophical sources.  With its tail-in-mouth it can symbolize eternity. I should have kept and preserved it, but I once found a small dead snake in front of our home shrine with its tail close to its mouth in a dried circle. We have a piece of wall art with two winged dragons in a circle, tails in each other's mouth. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouroboros

Sitting in lotus or half-lotus can have phallic symbolism with the upright body being the penis and the outstretched knees resembling the scrotum. The Great God Shiva, the yogic meditator is usually identified with the masculine energy in Hindu thought (like Yang is in Chinese thought). The Shakti is the corresponding feminine energy (Yin). In Tantric Yoga, the Kundalini-Shakti [Serpent Power] enters the body at the anal chakra (Muladhara) and rises to union with Shiva who resides in the Thousand-Petalled Lotus in the brain. There's that caduceus of Hermes-Mercury ladder again.

It is better to acquaint yourself with the ancient meanings of these images when they arise. Some traditions are clearly more instructive than others. The Greeks and Romans gave Hermes-Mercury the serpentine staff, but it is unlikely they understood the Indian roots of the symbol and how one can develop psychospiritually by the knowledge and practices the symbol embodies. Your take sounds more like my late Haitian acquaintance, so it might behoove you to learn the yogic and/or alchemical traditions before your next solo trip. :wink:

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineSycoNautix
Male

Loc: NorCal
Re: The Snakes are inside me... [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #25493608 - 09/27/18 05:01 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

I have serpents in my mind everyday. They prey on insecurities and enter the subconscious mind mainly through music lyrics. When you really feel a lyric or lyrics, they enter your soul. Drug use makes it worse, because it opens the veil.

Once they are inside, they have total control over your subconscious and the way you think. It’s like a demon presence stands above and inside you, waiting to pounce.

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: The Snakes are inside me... [Re: SycoNautix]
    #25494165 - 09/27/18 08:52 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Well, if you're discussing it in this antique thread, it probably means that you are not clarifying your experiences in therapy. :shrug:

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Offlinemakalis
Stranger
Re: The Snakes are inside me... [Re: Adamist]
    #27188920 - 02/05/21 10:58 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

I've got the snakes inside vibe before. Associated with my tongue, and it coming out of my mouth, and a feeling that I'm not really in control of it. Quite alarming! Shrooms are weird.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order