Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

Re: Bloodthirsty Christians [Re: silversoul7]
    #1440497 - 04/08/03 07:22 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Quote:

jesus wasnt god.

thats absurd.

Not if you accept the Hindu idea that we are ALL God(which I do). So yes, Jesus is God, and so am I, and so are you.

P.S.: This thread belongs in the S&P forum.

Beat me to it. Nice post.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: Bloodthirsty Christians [Re: ]
    #1440499 - 04/08/03 07:23 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

jesus said that he was the son. he never claimed to be the ONLY son though. he said that we were all part of God and God was a part of all of us. the teaching that jesus was the one and only son of God obscures what jesus himself was really trying to get across...

Where did he say these things? I have never read them.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Anonymous

Re: Bloodthirsty Christians [Re: z@z.com]
    #1440500 - 04/08/03 07:23 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

"I believe there is only one God and only one way to reach him (or to be more accurate for him to reach you). "

seriously? you believe that? what's the one true way may i ask?

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
Re: Bloodthirsty Christians [Re: Zahid]
    #1440501 - 04/08/03 07:23 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

The majority of Christians on this earth oppose America's war against Iraq.

This is true, even the Pope is opposed, as well as most people in Europe. The thing is, Christians in America consider themselves to be "good Americans" and they'll never speak out even though they might have moral qualms about this war. America is their religion.

Anonymous

Re: Bloodthirsty Christians [Re: infidelGOD]
    #1440507 - 04/08/03 07:24 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

most of the 'christians' i know are less christian than i am, and i'm not even christian.

Anonymous

#1440512 - 04/08/03 07:25 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

the Gospel of Thomas.

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Re: Bloodthirsty Christians [Re: infidelGOD]
    #1440526 - 04/08/03 07:31 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

John 3:16-21
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."

It is about more than belief. You also have to trust him and try to live for him. Everyone will mess up every now and then, but God will forgive you for that through his son who was the perfect sacrifice. Christ took all of our sins upon himself when he was crucified.
Read the Bible. It is all there.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
    #1440528 - 04/08/03 07:32 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Can you be any more specific?

--------------------

Anonymous

#1440532 - 04/08/03 07:32 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

looking for, or trying to reach God, is like being an ant, crawling all through the grass, looking for the field.

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #1440541 - 04/08/03 07:34 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Christianity is the gayest concept of a religion. So this one dude died along time ago, because of his death, I can do whatever the hell I want, so long as I accept that the guy who died is my one true savoir before I die.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
    #1440542 - 04/08/03 07:34 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

looking for, or trying to reach God, is like being an ant, crawling all through the grass, looking for the field.

That is why he reached out to us by sending his son. We can never reach him on our own. He reaches out to us.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1440543 - 04/08/03 07:35 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

as a christian, if you haven't had a look at the Gospel of Thomas (which few have seeing as that it was left out of the bible), you might be interested in it. hold on i'll try to pull something up.

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Re: Bloodthirsty Christians [Re: Skikid16]
    #1440547 - 04/08/03 07:37 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Not really. You must be sincere. You can't fake it.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1440565 - 04/08/03 07:44 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i think this thread would benefit from the input of the good folks over at Spirituality and Philosophy. besides that, it's off topic here.

would a mod please move this thread?

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#1440576 - 04/08/03 07:47 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

[quote
forsaken by the people he gave his life to save..

sad, sad, sad..

Must be how our fallen soldiers feel about protesters.

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

Anonymous

#1440579 - 04/08/03 07:47 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

basically, catholicism is christianity with karma included- your deeds work against or for you. All of the myriad protestant christian groups view this faith-action thing differently. Truthfully, no one knows the details of the religion, but everyone claims to.

and its irrelevant that he was a guy who died, it is relevant that he supposedly died holding the burdens of all of humanity's sins. His blood cleansed .. filth.. supposedly, mind you

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#1440587 - 04/08/03 07:50 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Christianity is the gayest concept of a religion. So this one dude died along time ago, because of his death, I can do whatever the hell I want, so long as I accept that the guy who died is my one true savoir before I die.

Not if that is your intention. I'm no christian but I don't think you can dupe god that way.

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #1440596 - 04/08/03 07:51 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

where are the mods when you need them :wink:

Anonymous

#1440673 - 04/08/03 08:12 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Gospel of Thomas

there are alot of christian texts that didn't make it into the bible.

Anonymous

Re: Bloodthirsty Christians [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #1440687 - 04/08/03 08:16 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Not sure how our dead soldiers feel, but here's how a few of the live ones do:

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article2795.htm

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom