Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: White lies [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1231534 -

Jesus got crucified for not telling lies.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: White lies [Re: Acidic_Sloth]
    #1231556 -

I recently had the girl I was in love with (and lived with on and off for 2 years) inform me that she was a chronic liar, that she always has been, and that she'd poisoned(sp?) me with shit I was allergic to because she didn't believe I was allergic to them.

Fuck any and ALL lies (unless it keeps you out of jail, then make up a REAL tight story and stick the fuck with it). I met that girl through her cousin whom I have been friends with since high school, and after talking to him recently I have come to the conclusion that her entire FAMILY is full of liars. Nobody in her family could give you the same details of an event.

This girl's lies have made me so bloody distraught emotionally and mentally...
I have trouble trusting anybody now, and because of certain memories related to her, I find things like sex turn me OFF.

It's going to take a while to come to terms with 2 years worth of my memories being false in at least some sense.

So DON'T LIE PEOPLE!! It's not worth it. Keep it real =P

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: White lies [Re: ]
    #1231908 -

I completely identify with you, man.

I eventually got over it. However, sometimes a certain song will come on the radio and I'll get blindsided by a wave of not-so-pleasant memories. But it's not nearly as bad as it was at first.

I hate liars.


--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: White lies [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1232115 -

Heres one I told today; I have a friend who is pretty obsessed with his appearance. He gets very particualr and wastes ALOT of time focusing on perfecting his appearance. So when he asked if his ski mask was on totally straight I said yes even though it wasn't. Whats wrong with that? I didn't wanna wait for him to spend 20 mintues straightening it, so we both won cause who gives a shit about a ski mask?.


--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: White lies [Re: sir tripsalot]
    #1232192 -

So... did you tell this white lie BEFORE or AFTER you robbed the bank?

:grin:


--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: White lies [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1232210 -

Fuck if theres one thing I've learned its that you should never lie. I've fucked myself over so many times because of stupid shit. I'm also a pathological liar. I don't even think about it when I do it. It just happens.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: White lies [Re: ]
    #1232262 -

I would actually like to become a good liar. That way I can influence people much better and people will look at me like I am a much better person. As long as it doesn't hurt anyone to lie, then it is a good thing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: White lies [Re: Earth_Droid]
    #1232604 -

Quote:
I would actually like to become a good liar. That way I can influence people much better and people will look at me like I am a much better person. As long as it doesn't hurt anyone to lie, then it is a good thing.



whose the judge of who gets hurt? bear in mind that most people prefer not being in the dark about something, whether they know they are being lied to or not. would you rather have someone lie to you about something that mattered to you, but they assumed it didnt, or have them tell you the truth?

the truth shall set you free! (or put you in jail)


--------------------
"I think it's time we stop
Children, What's the sound,
Everybody look what's going down"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: White lies [Re: SnuffelzFurever]
    #1232611 -

You shouldn't hold back the truth if it is important of course. I mean you have to think a lot about it, and then think about what you think. But I would rather tell most people in society that I don't do all the drugs I do, this would keep me out of trouble and be good for me and the people I talk to (Since they won't feel weird around me). Take me seriously, but just remember sometimes I joke, and my joking doesn't come out right most of the time. I do think white lies can be good in certain situations, but not all the time.

Edited by Earth_Droid (01/20/03 12:30 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: White lies [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1232713 -

Well with white lies you gotta remember they work both ways! how many white lies have your friends told you to avoid speaking the turth about you? And if they had told the straight honest truth how well would you take it?



--------------------
Always Smi2le

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: White lies [Re: GazzBut]
    #1232836 -

I'll attest to that!
I live a block away from Earth_Droid, and we hang out lots.
Anytime that I get any feelings about something that is queering our friendship, I bring it up in the hopes that we can come to some kind of resolve.

We always just end up fighting with each other to the point of "fuck off! have a nice life". Then when we get bored a few minutes later, we call the other person up and are like "Hey!" =)
lol

This is the first friendship (maybe 2nd) that I have cared about to the point that I don't want to tell ANY little white lies, and I instead get to deal with the consequences of telling the truth (as I perceive it). It's really trying, and 'normal' people couldn't handle it I don't think.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The Dancing Wu Li Masters Psilocybeingzz 1,019 8 05/31/04 10:15 AM
by sunyata
* "Sometimes truth defies reason"
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
thePatient 13,085 144 09/23/02 10:46 PM
by Anonymous
* On Truth and Lies in a Nonmoral Sense *DELETED* Lakefingers 1,377 6 04/21/06 02:37 AM
by Shroomerious
* The Official Truth Thread - No jokes please!
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
World Spirit 20,270 178 10/31/02 12:23 AM
by Strumpling
* Independent Truth- a road to greater empowerment and freedom
( 1 2 all )
gettinjiggywithit 3,102 25 09/04/04 06:59 AM
by Simisu
* Truth the_phoenix 1,351 18 12/25/04 07:39 AM
by the_phoenix
* Truth constantly changing MushroomTrip 2,072 14 04/14/07 08:52 AM
by MushroomTrip
* Truth?
( 1 2 3 4 ... 10 11 all )
Anonymous 18,087 205 10/21/02 02:08 PM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
1,952 topic views. 1 members, 18 guests and 21 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 17 queries.