Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
Re: Independent Truth- a road to greater empowerment and freedom [Re: exclusive58]
    #3083171 - 09/02/04 04:31 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

First things first, I'm not trying to be a (hard/smart/jack)ass. I'm after the same goal as you are. On to the post.

Quote:

It is this conditionning that is reality, and not the perception one is projecting onto the world. It is simple to understand reality, but it is being made complicated by our preferences and our aversions, by our opinions and judgements on realiy.
To free ourselves from these diverse forms of evaluation, is to seize reality. It is to understand "what is".

I'm not sure this can be done. When Westerners convert to Eastern Religions, they take a part of what they inherently inherit (tautology, huh?) from Judeo-Christianity and Aristotelean philosophy with them. We confuse the East's striving towards transcendencing our passions with the Christian tradition of removal of those passions. We confuse our own Occidental soul concepts with theirs, etc.
What I'm saying is, it's extremely hard, if not impossible to even convert to another religion, and that's just replacing conditioning with another type of conditioning. Removing it alltogether is another step up in the taxonomy.

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Loc: Inner Eye
Re: Independent Truth- a road to greater empowerment and freedom [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3083707 - 09/02/04 06:22 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

:sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun:The longer these replies get, personaly, the more confused I get about ones own perspective. The less you have to explain, the more I find that person to being closer to the age old debate of truth. :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun: 

The following is the truth:

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: Independent Truth- a road to greater empowerment and freedom [Re: Northernsoul]
    #3083727 - 09/02/04 06:26 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

:yesnod:

Thats the point. Everyone makes it up as they go along.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: Independent Truth- a road to greater empowerment and freedom [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3086850 - 09/03/04 12:20 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

maybe i should've just waited to see where you were going with this before posting anything...

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #3090034 - 09/04/04 02:28 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

ill just jump in with my two cents and get outta your hair

All truth is self created. Truth in our temporal world is relative, like everything else.

Belief in truth has enormous power in creation of truth. Different perceptual frameworks, or ways of percieving truth, limit and define the truths that can be experienced.

Everything is possible.

Nothing AND everything is true.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in
    #3090489 - 09/04/04 08:59 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

first of all i would like to say i totaly agree with exclusive specifically on this part:
"We start by supposition, or ideals, that have nothing real to them. This is why we get lost. If we want to start with reality and not with assumptions, we all individually have to be extremely attentive, and every thought that doesn't have reality as an origin is a distraction. This is why it is essential to understand what is really going on inside us and outside of us."

if all man were able to rise above their "belife" systems and do what jiggy say's (which i understand like this: understand yr personal truth and realize others personal truth and deal as you know best!) the world might be VERY diffrent!
but it isn't!
reality is gettin twisted by lots of things TV/religions/govrenments/media/McDonalds....etc...ect....ect....
all these tell you to count on someone alse but yr self! humans have long forgotten the true self... the self that takes control of a situation and takes the responsibilety as well!
the self that should be humble and considerate of the fact that he might be wrong and whatever he thinks he knows might be proven wrong (which normally does not exist in people who belive in a god or a certine Path to life be what it may...)

we've all been tought alot of bullshit in our lives and gathered alot of misconseptions about stuff along the way... we HAVE to rid ourselves of all these befor we will be able to make it a win win situation!

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom