Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

Re: The NRA [Re: nugsarenice]
    #724440 - 07/05/02 09:18 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Please define "assault rifle."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: nowhere
Re: The NRA [Re: ]
    #724443 - 07/05/02 09:20 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

any gun, that are military or foreign military uses, and has determined safe to use.

Edited by nugsarenice (07/05/02 09:20 AM)

Anonymous

#724449 - 07/05/02 09:23 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I would like to see you educate the general public in such a long string of information that you obviously did'nt even write yourself, wheres the use?

I'd like you to educate yourself on the use of the English language and rational thought. Why should I "reinvent the wheel" when this suits my purpose?

Edited by Evolving (07/05/02 09:24 AM)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #724453 - 07/05/02 09:24 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Nugs, I'll put this as nicely as possible.

Forgive your parents for not using birth control. They didn't mean to conceive an idiot child.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
    #724455 - 07/05/02 09:24 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

thanx for your thought towards me,, I don't understand what you are getting at though. I belive in gun ownership,, in all equality.

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Re: The NRA [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #724461 - 07/05/02 09:27 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

thanx for forgiving my parents, I have a very large stupid family.

Anonymous

#724463 - 07/05/02 09:28 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Evolving:
Please define "assault rifle."

nugsarenice:
any gun, that are military or foreign military uses, and has determined safe to use.

So, according to this definition a model 1911A1 .45 ACP service pistol is an assault rifle?

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
    #724473 - 07/05/02 09:32 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

sorry, I don't know much about guns. Does'nt mean my political veiw is different.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: The NRA [Re: foghorn]
    #728437 - 07/07/02 05:25 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Here are plenty more reasons to own guns.
Too bad these stories are rarely reported by the mainstream media.

http://www.keepandbeararms.com/information/XcInfoBase.asp?CatID=43

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Edited by luvdemshrooms (07/07/02 05:25 AM)

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
Re: The NRA [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #730521 - 07/08/02 03:40 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I live in a country where gun permit is hard to get. I turned down military service so I will never be able to get it but I don't know anybody who has it and I was never threatened by someone who has it.
I was very impressed when I visited my relatives in USA. My uncle has a rifle near front door, a rifle near rear door and a hand gun in a drawer beside his bed. He said: "If someone comes in I will shoot him before he shoots me!".
I prefer less freedom than living like that.

Anonymous

Re: The NRA [Re: zeronio]
    #730576 - 07/08/02 04:35 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I prefer less freedom than living like that
Do you think the Jews in the Weimar Republic said that years ago?

Edited by Evolving (07/08/02 09:09 AM)

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #730999 - 07/08/02 08:28 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

you are getting dumber by the moment fool..

to the rest of ya i have nothing to add that i haven't said a billion times, however that list that evolving listed makes all my points. I have about 5 guns and rifles as i am a part of the regulated militia

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #731011 - 07/08/02 08:32 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

***I prefer less freedom than living like that.***

you're painting america with a rather broad brush aren't you? as far as living with less freedom, please go to that place while i enjoy the freedom i have. Where does you're uncle live BTW? It's a pretty common thing to run across these types of people in the South where they think that someone is coming to get them, dare i say redneck?

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Re: The NRA [Re: Innvertigo]
    #731305 - 07/08/02 10:34 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

"you're painting america with a rather broad brush aren't you?"
I didn't want to say that all america is like that. Weirdos are everywhere but in USA they can be armed.
My opinion is that who wants to have a weapon is weird enough that he shouldn't be allowed to have it.

"Where does you're uncle live BTW?"
Colorado Springs

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#731381 - 07/08/02 11:18 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

In reply to:

My opinion is that who wants to have a weapon is weird enough that he shouldn't be allowed to have it.

Well, since many times more are killed in auto accidents... does that mean that those who desire a drivers license are weird enough not to have one?
More are killed in falls down a set of stairs.... does this mean that any one who wants a two story house is weird enough not to be allowed one?Cigs and alchohol... well you get the idea. The weakness of your quoted statement is so bizarre as to have come from nugs. And believe me, that's not a compliment.

--------------------

Anonymous

#731405 - 07/08/02 11:30 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

So those who run governments shouldn't be allowed weapons either if they want them?

It is not the lone individual we should most worry about. Take a quick look at the history of the 20th century. The governments which killed the greatest numbers of people within their own borders are those that outlawed the private ownership of guns. Coincidence? I think not.

How come Switzerland was never invaded by Germany? Every citizen was armed.

Offlinefoghorn
enthusiast
    #732095 - 07/08/02 05:19 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

is the notion of militia in american society still based on why it was found? that is, to protect citizens from possible governmental force/opression (thats my understanding of militia in america)

and a question for fun!
if that is the case, would you (as a member of your local militia) shoot at an American soldier to defend your rights?

not invading switzerland was more a geographical consideration, i think (cause of the mountains?)

Edited by foghorn (07/08/02 05:22 PM)

Anonymous

Re: The NRA [Re: foghorn]
    #732390 - 07/08/02 07:00 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

is the notion of militia in american society still based on why it was found? that is, to protect citizens from possible governmental force/opression

That is one purpose, to protect the states and the citizens from an over-reaching federal power. In the Constitution there is no provision for a standing army. The funding for the army is to be for only a two year period (if memory serves). The individual states were to supply the organized militias. The unorganized militias were understood to be composed of all able bodied male citizens. The founders understood the danger to liberty of a permanent federal military force, hence the reliance on the individual states to provide the organized militia, the limits on funding and the inclusion of the 2nd amendment. The constiution does provide for a Navy to protect shipping from predation by pirates and other hostile forces.

and a question for fun!
if that is the case, would you (as a member of your local militia) shoot at an American soldier to defend your rights?

I don't consider that a fun question. My trepidation to provide an answer to this question is illustrative of how far our liberties have been eroded and how dangerous our government has become, especially since the passage of the enabling acts, uh.. er I mean The Patriot Act. Should I have been living in or about the year 1800 I would answer that question with a hearty "Yes," with no fear of government suspicions or reprisal from agents of the federal police force. In fact, it would have been the only correct answer from a man who considers himself a patriot. Suffice to say, one should always keep his options open.

not invading switzerland was more a geographical consideration, i think (cause of the mountains?)

Terrain is always a consideration in any military operation, but usually not the most important. The following is from a piece by Dave Kopel, Research Director of the Independence Institute:

"The Wehrmacht expected 200,000 German casualties; it would have taken a very long time to remove the Swiss military from the Alpine ?Reduit? to which they planned to make a stand. And by the time the Swiss were defeated, every bridge and train track and everything else of value to the conquerors would have been destroyed."

"The reason that Switzerland was too difficult to invade?in contrast to all the other nations which Hitler conquered in a matter of weeks?was the Swiss militia system. Unlike all the other nations of Europe, which relied on a standing army, Switzerland was (and still is) defended by a universal militia. Every man was trained in war, had his rifle at home, was encouraged to practice frequently, and could be mobilized almost instantly. The Swiss militiaman was under orders to fight to the last bullet, and after that, with his bayonet, and after that, with his bare hands. Rather than having to defeat an army, Hitler would have had to defeat a whole people."

"From the Anschluss of Austria to the Fall of France, Hitler swallowed nation after nation where cowardly ruling elites surrendered the country to the Nazis?either before the shooting began, or a few weeks afterward. But such a surrender would have been impossible in Switzerland... The Swiss governmental system was decentralized, with the separate 26 cantons, not the federal government, having the authority. The federal government did notify the Swiss people that in case of a German invasion, any claim that there had been a Swiss surrender should be disregarded as Nazi propaganda. And because the military power was in the hands of every Swiss man, the federal government would have been unable to surrender had it ever wanted to. Nothing could stop the Swiss militiamen from fighting to the very end. "

Edited by Evolving (07/09/02 08:54 AM)

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

#732458 - 07/08/02 07:19 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

You could also say that all wars start because politicians convince their people that they need to defend themselfs:
Nazis had to defend from jews
Iraquis from Kuwait
Soviets from Afghanistan
USA from Vietnam
Communists from Capitalists
Capitalists from Communists
Serbs from Croatians
Croatians from Serbs
Russians from Chechens
Tutsis from Hutus
Palestinians from Izraelis

It's really a good thing there are so many guns around so we can defend ourselves.
The North Coreans are threatening civilized world, if we don't defend they will take over.

Anonymous

#733012 - 07/09/02 06:12 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

You could also say that all wars start because politicians convince their people that they need to defend themselfs:

So you're beginning to see the problem is not freedom, but government.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder