Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Sublime

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineTheOneYouKnow
addict
Why do you own firearms?
    #2448012 - 03/18/04 06:02 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I am wondering, for those of you that do own guns or that plan on owning them in the future, what your motivation for doing so is. Please, if you do not fall into this category, do not answer. Debate to follow :smile:
What was the motivating factor that lead you to decide you wanted to own a firearm?
You may choose only one
Sport and self-defense (You purchased the gun to enjoy shooting it, to hunt, and for protection)
You honestly believe that the chances of you being attacked are so high that to not carry a gun would be foolish

Votes accepted from (03/18/04 02:00 AM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Why do you own firearms? [Re: TheOneYouKnow]
    #2448061 - 03/18/04 06:10 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Mostly I just enjoy the feel of a well made machine and guns are some of the most tactilely satisfying artifacts we have ever produced. The feel and sound of a well oiled pump is sublime

--------------------

OfflineTheOneYouKnow
addict
Re: Why do you own firearms? [Re: zappaisgod]
    #2448074 - 03/18/04 06:13 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Mostly I just enjoy the feel of a well made machine and guns are some of the most tactilely satisfying artifacts we have ever produced.  The feel and sound of a well oiled pump is sublime

I was helping out at Church Bingo last night with my father and a policeman that always is there had his new babyGlock (the 9mm, shitty decision in my opinon).  We talked for a while and ended up going shooting today. Long story short, hes a member of the SRT (SWAT team, basically) and he brought his MP5 with the built in sound suppressor.  Shooting HK firearms is better than sex! :smile:

OfflineMetaShroom
菌类
 User Gallery

Loc: East Anglia UK
    #2448121 - 03/18/04 06:22 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I don't own a gun but voted for the last option because I wanted to see the results, which you chose to only make available to people who have voted.  :rolleyes:

--------------------
:sleepingcow:  :penguinmonkey: :blah:

JOIN MAPS -> www.MAPS.ORG

Invisibleblacksabbathrulz
 User Gallery
    #2448137 - 03/18/04 06:25 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I own guns because I like target shooting, and if anyone ever breaks into my house and puts me or anyone in my family in immediate danger I can blow their brains out all over the place.

--------------------

OfflineMetaShroom
菌类
 User Gallery

Loc: East Anglia UK
Re: Why do you own firearms? [Re: blacksabbathrulz]
    #2448155 - 03/18/04 06:29 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

blacksabbathrulz said:
I own guns because I like target shooting, and if anyone ever breaks into my house and puts me or anyone in my family in immediate danger I can blow their brains out all over the place.

You sound like you are looking forward to such an event with relish.

--------------------
:sleepingcow:  :penguinmonkey: :blah:

JOIN MAPS -> www.MAPS.ORG

OfflineTheOneYouKnow
addict
Re: Why do you own firearms? [Re: MetaShroom]
    #2448166 - 03/18/04 06:33 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

MetaShroom said:
I don't own a gun but voted for the last option because I wanted to see the results, which you chose to only make available to people who have voted.  :rolleyes:

Oh, heh, yea, I guess that would make more sense to do.  I'll make another post later on, the new and improved version 2.0 post.  Thanks for voting to spite me, really shows your ego-identification :-)

Anonymous

#2448293 - 03/18/04 07:10 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

an option for "both" would have been nice.

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #2448333 - 03/18/04 07:23 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

where's the 'for killing niggers' option?

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Anonymous

Re: Why do you own firearms? [Re: afoaf]
    #2448343 - 03/18/04 07:25 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

where's the 'for killing niggers' option?

guns don't kill people. black people do.

seriously though... most of the violence in this country is black on black. it's pretty sad.

User Gallery
Re: Why do you own firearms? [Re: MetaShroom]
    #2448533 - 03/18/04 08:31 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

MetaShroom said:
Quote:

blacksabbathrulz said:

You sound like you are looking forward to such an event with relish.

Nah, I dont want to ever be in the situation, however if it arose I would not think twice about using deadly force if anyone had the gall to put any of my family members in danger. I hate violence, but it is a neccessity in many instances, that would be one of them.

--------------------

InvisibleautomanM
blasted chipmunk
 User Gallery

#2448653 - 03/18/04 08:58 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i own over 20 shotguns, muzzle loaders, handguns, and rifles because they have been passed down in my family.

--------------------
No, no, you're not thinking, you're just being logical. ~ Niels Bohr

Anonymous

#2448660 - 03/18/04 09:01 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i enjoy firearms because:

1. i am paranoid about being attacked, what with all those negros running about these days...

2. i am insecure, and having a gun helps me feel like more of a man.

3. i enjoy death and destruction.

:wink:

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Why do you own firearms? [Re: ]
    #2448670 - 03/18/04 09:02 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

4. I'm a wigger looking for "street cred."

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlinemescalinemark
journeyman

Loc: texass
    #2448753 - 03/18/04 09:21 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i live in a very wealthy city in texas actually the weakthiest, and i go to school with a lot of conservitive rich kids, most of the hunt family that arent in private school go here, some bush family members, tricky dick chainey used to live here, and i know alot of these people, my step dad is a for sucessful lawyer and very conservitive, we have lots of guns in our house(their is an elephant gun above my dinner table). some people own them for protection and i will not deny that, but conservitives arent to good with logic so im pretty sure thats not the reason most consercitives have them. I think it has more to do with them being subconciousley agresive and having a seriously complex inferiority complex its root in the king of all hypocracies, illogic, and other plauges to the development of the human race RELIGEON. I wont even participate in this forum because the only thing i dont like more than a conservitive is a drugged conservitive. normally i dont like to use the words like conservitive because they are marginalizing i dont feel that conservitives have any opinions of their own and that they are mearly bricks that give the nazi movement weight and sheep. I end this rant with a quote by John stuart mills "It isn't that most conservitives are stupid people, its just that most stupid people are conservitives."g

OfflineEkstaza
stranger thanmost
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #2448777 - 03/18/04 09:24 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I own shotguns for small game and bird hunting.

I own my Intra-Tec Tec 9 for plinking and for large capacity of the magazine. I have a 32 round and a 50 round magazine for it.

I own my Ruger 10/22 w/ volquartsen muzzle weighted barrel and 3-9 x 40mm simmons scope for target shooting and squirrel hunting.

I own my Ruger 10/22 w/ bullpup stock, 50 rd drum magazine, and scope for hunting and as a neat little very functional oddity.

I own my Marlin 30-30 for deer hunting.

I own my SKS for deer hunting and plinking. I'm looking forward to replacing the original wood stock with a synthetic camouflage stock and replace the factory 10 rd magazine with a flush mount 5 round.

I own Thompson Center Contender w/ 14" 30-30 bull barrel for deer and other large game hunting.

I own my double barrel .410/.45 derringer style pistol just because it's damn fun. It'd also turn an intruder into hamburger if needed.

I also have a little .22 caliber pistol that has 10 barrels that the shooter must revolve by hand after each shot. It is not accurate at any distance and is a real pain to extract the empty cartridges from, but it looks cool.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger thanmost
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: Why do you own firearms? [Re: mescalinemark]
    #2448819 - 03/18/04 09:32 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Do you believe that only conservatives own guns?

I own plenty and I don't consider myself a conservative.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Anonymous

#2448875 - 03/18/04 09:42 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I end this rant with a quote by John stuart mills "It isn't that most conservitives are stupid people, its just that most stupid people are conservitives."g

"I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it."

-john stuart mill, 1866

in his time, john stuart mill was considered a liberal. i myself am a huge fan of john stuart mill and his peice, "on liberty" is one of my favorite peices of political writing. i am certainly no liberal.

guys like john stuart mill, john locke, thomas paine, and benedictus spinoza were considered liberals in their day, but their work forms most of the philosophical background for modern day libertarianism, a political school that is labelled as "conservative" by today's definitions.

Offlinemescalinemark
journeyman

Loc: texass
Re: Why do you own firearms? [Re: ]
    #2448948 - 03/18/04 09:55 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

no of course not, as I said, protection of family is a great reason and the reason most often given, but if you live in a very wealthy comunity you dont need enough weapons to suply a swat team. criminals also have them. It takes all kind, but it is kindof a popular thing with conservitives, its part of their sick joke, of all the amendments to suport of advocate they choose the right to bear arms?
I like libertarianism, its not my favorite pollitical party or phillosophy, but i do like it and kind of consider it the party for conservitives who actually use their brains

User Gallery
    #2449043 - 03/18/04 10:17 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

mescalinemark said:
i live in a very wealthy city in texas actually the weakthiest, and i go to school with a lot of conservitive rich kids, most of the hunt family that arent in private school go here, some bush family members, tricky dick chainey used to live here, and i know alot of these people, my step dad is a for sucessful lawyer and very conservitive, we have lots of guns in our house(their is an elephant gun above my dinner table). some people own them for protection and i will not deny that, but conservitives arent to good with logic so im pretty sure thats not the reason most consercitives have them. I think it has more to do with them being subconciousley agresive and having a seriously complex inferiority complex its root in the king of all hypocracies, illogic, and other plauges to the development of the human race RELIGEON. I wont even participate in this forum because the only thing i dont like more than a conservitive is a drugged conservitive. normally i dont like to use the words like conservitive because they are marginalizing i dont feel that conservitives have any opinions of their own and that they are mearly bricks that give the nazi movement weight and sheep. I end this rant with a quote by John stuart mills "It isn't that most conservitives are stupid people, its just that most stupid people are conservitives."g

That is one of the most ignorant things I have ever read on these boards.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Sublime

General Interest >> Political Discussion