Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: Why do you own firearms? [Re: TheOneYouKnow]
    #2454532 - 03/20/04 03:41 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Odd that nations (or parts of nations, or cities, or parts of cities) that have equal gun ownership but alot more, well, lets just say "cullurds", have alot more violence and gun crimes. Really odd. Really odd indeed.

Canada is a multicultural country. I'm pretty sure we allow more immigration than the US does :wink:

racist pig...

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #2454554 - 03/20/04 03:47 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

TheOneYouKnow said:
Quote:

silversoul7 said:
Does the current background check require a gun safety test?

No, it does not.

Then that would be the difference between the background check and a license, now wouldn't it?

Quote:

Quote:

But I'm not making statistics up off the top of my head. I'm going by what little I do know(or what I've been told) about guns, and don't try to present myself as any kind of authority on this. If I make a mistake, feel free to correct me. I don't mind, as long as you're not condescending about it.

Even tho we disagree on a regular basis, I think you are extremely intelligent. I apologize for my eariler attitude and assure you I'll treat you with the same respect that you have afforded me.

Thank you. I appreciate it.

Quote:

Quote:

Again, does the background check ensure that they know how to use the gun safely? If so, then I'll drop the discussion right here.

No. what do you define as 'safely'? Most gun incidents could have been prevented with common sense, which you can't teach. Do you mean how to clear your weapon of a jammed bullet, or what?

Well, just as an example, some people keep their gun in an unlocked drawer where their children can find them, fully loaded with the safety off. I'm sure you can see where that might have some negative consequences.

Quote:

Again, I publicly apolgize for my demeaning and condecending remarks. In certain situations (read: Alex) they are useful and pertanent, you, however, are very intelligent and I should not have behaved in the way that I did.

Again, thank you. I have no problem debating with people who can keep things civil.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleLazerouth
Drunkard

Loc: England
    #2455084 - 03/20/04 06:48 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Guns are a remarkable piece of engineering. The noise they make when you arm them, the muzzle flash, hot lead flying through the air. Guns are fucking amazing. The knowledge that you could kill anyone at a whim is very satisfying.

I can't keep my good guns in this country but I keep a musket round the house for laughs. I'm thinking about getting a cannon as well for defense against burglars.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: Why do you own firearms? [Re: silversoul7]
    #2462060 - 03/23/04 12:23 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:

Well, just as an example, some people keep their gun in an unlocked drawer where their children can find them, fully loaded with the safety off. I'm sure you can see where that might have some negative consequences.

Many people who know that things are unsafe, still do them every day. Having someone learn safe proccedures doen't make that person safe. The fact is that people are falible and therefore mistakes will happen. Should I have to take a tricycle safety course just because I could possibly ride my tricycle out into the highway, in effect, killing myself and causing other deaths and injuries in the insuing accident, or should I just be expected to have common sense to know better than to do something dumb.

How much government do we need? At what point do we, as individuals, say,"OK, I can take it from here". I'm tired of loosing liberties in order for others to feel safe. It's all an illusion anyways.

Any new gun laws need to focus on punishment rather than prevention. Criminals will break the laws. We should not therefore regulate law abiding citizens to stop them. We should excercise swift and meaningfully harsh punishment against the offenders.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom