Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblemr crisper

sandcastles
    #615455 - 04/22/02 09:57 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

a crew of children were sitting on the beach, each child was busily building a sandcastle.
some kept it pretty simple. others got most elaborate, with turrets and flags and the child dreaming up little lives and situations going on in their castles.
one child thought this was going a bit too far and ran around stomping on the others' castles, making quite a fuss.
the children, who had built the biggest castles, turned to the child....their eyes grew large and round, time slowed down and all went still.
"what are you doing", they asked in unison,"can't you see? we're only playing".

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: sandcastles [Re: mr crisper]
    #615463 - 04/22/02 10:12 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Some of the children got into the castles and started playing war with the children in the other sandcastles. After a while they forgot that they were playing and the war became real.

Then a little turbaned boy came along and tried to show then how silly their beliefs were. They told him to get lost because their beliefs were sacred and that they would fight to defend them.

The outcast turbaned boy felt sad for them and walked slowly down the beach.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Anonymous

Re: sandcastles [Re: Swami]
    #615467 - 04/22/02 10:17 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I thought the turbaned boy got so angry that he blew up.

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
Re: sandcastles [Re: ]
    #616021 - 04/23/02 02:44 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Moral of the story:

Chirldren speak in unison

OfflineAmoeba665
strange
Loc: a hidden microutopia at t...
Re: sandcastles [Re: infidelGOD]
    #617811 - 04/24/02 09:56 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Moral of the story:

Chirldren speak in unison

when faced with a common enemy...

--------------------
---

OfflineTannis
ZoneTrooper
Loc: MD.USA
    #620269 - 04/27/02 08:42 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Wasn't that little turbaned boy once an alter boy, but not a molested one........??????????

Anyway war is hell..........or at least a real bitch!

OfflineJustFootsteps
Loc: a hill
    #620326 - 04/27/02 10:32 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

the little turbaned boy didn't realize that there was nothing further down the beach. he didn't realize that the ocean was too vast to cross. he thought he had somewhere to go, and so he resented the other kids for doing something silly when he was being so goshdarned earnest. moreover, he resented them because he couldn't play along; he felt awkward pretending a sandcastle was real; his senses were too sharp and they were slashing up his imagination.

suddenly, the little boy stumbled on something. angry for no particular reason, he turned and looked at the offending party. it turned out to be an enormous purple walrugoon, who merely pronounced his name and then waddled into the vast sea, from whence he came.

for some time, the boy wandered down the beach, but the walrugoon's name popped into his head again and again until he started laughing. what a silly name! what a silly thing to have a name! what a silly thing to have a big purple body, or a little yellow one!

he ran as fast as his little legs would carry him back to the other children, just to try to pronounce the name to them. he never succeeded, but he had a hell of a good time there on the beach, fucking and eating and playing and dreaming and making a sandcastle of his own.

--------------------
in peace,
just footsteps
http://www.whyvegan.org

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
Re: sandcastles [Re: mr crisper]
    #620329 - 04/27/02 10:39 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Ok, now i'm a bit confused ...

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Beach Tragedy [Re: JustFootsteps]
    #620360 - 04/27/02 11:35 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

True story about how much the Swam likes ruining other's fun:

Over the years, more and more of the shoreline in Virgina Beach eroded to the point that vacationers could get little afternoon sun because of the shadows cast by the resort hotels, due to the ever-shrinking beachfront.

All winter long in 1975 in Virginia Beach, the city fathers dug deep into their coffers to try to rebuild the beach. Dump trucks and spreaders rumbled in day after day, slowly fighting back the sea; gradually extending the shoreline a few hundred yards at great expense of money and manpower. The powers-that-be were pleased with their efforts to maintain the lucrative tourist trade.

In early spring, a huge storm swept through the area, and in one night, expunged several months of work, swallowing the newly laid sand. The morning after the storm, the Swamerator strolled the beach contemplating the irony of man's folly. The large waves had cut the beach like a layer cake, leaving 6-8 foot sand cliffs. Coming around a bend, he heard the sound of laughter. Three army guys had cut a little cave into the bottom of the cliff and were sitting inside protected from the biting winds. A feint odor of cannabis wafted in the breeze. The Swam wished them a cordial good morning, but his engineering brain could not help but notice the complete lack of structural integrity. "Yo bros!", he shouted. "Your cave looks cozy, but dangerous. That sand could collapse on you." They giggled and waved saying," We'll be fine. Thanks for the tip though." I shrugged my shoulders and continued my constitutional not giving them another thought.

That night on the news, I went into shock when I heard about the tradgedy of three privates who had suffocated when several tons of sand collapsed on them.

Make of the story what you will. It was not prophetic by any means. It is strange that I have never once thought of this over the years until this little fable triggered the painful memory.

--------------------

Edited by Swami (04/27/02 11:38 AM)

Anonymous

Re: Beach Tragedy [Re: Swami]
    #620366 - 04/27/02 11:43 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

maybe your negative, doubtful energy made it collapse... :wink:

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Beach Tragedy [Re: Anonymous]
    #620368 - 04/27/02 11:50 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Yes, I suppose that could be it. In the same way that years later, I observed an extremely bald tire while getting into my friend's car and warned him. On our way to a party, he got a blowout. No one was hurt nor did the car crash.

There ARE physical and mechanical laws of cause and affect.

I know that you are teasing, but rest assured that I NEVER wish anyone harm!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules