Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Scales, Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
"We are all One." It's fucking lonely.
    #4674260 - 09/17/05 04:04 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I realized that we are all one. I've been saying it for awhile now but in the past two months I've come to understand what it means.

I am so lonely. There's only one of me, everywhere. Talking to people doesn't help because I'm just talking to myself. I've never felt this lonely in my entire life. I don't even find solace in talking to my husband anymore. It's like I feel so alone.

Anyway. "We are all one" doesn't seem so glamorous now.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: "We are all One." It's fucking lonely. [Re: MOTH]
    #4674282 - 09/17/05 04:11 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

EllemyshShade said:
I realized that we are all one.  I've been saying it for awhile now but in the past two months I've come to understand what it means. 

I am so lonely.  There's only one of me, everywhere.  Talking to people doesn't help because I'm just talking to myself.  I've never felt this lonely in my entire life.  I don't even find solace in talking to my husband anymore.  It's like I feel so alone. 

Anyway.  "We are all one" doesn't seem so glamorous now.

You're a strange one girlfriend. I think you need to go out into the woods and streams more. Thinking is getting you down. I suggest a very dark room, completely quiet (no music), a full length body pillow. Get naked and lay down with the pillow. Now take two hits of E (make sure it's pure). Take one and then one more in an hour. Then report back how it feels to be alone. :wink:

You need a loving kick in the ass girl. I don't think you do know what it means to be all one. You think too much.  :wink: Maybe a little dancing would be good too. :heart:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Edited by Icelander (09/17/05 04:11 PM)

OfflineDeviate
    #4674285 - 09/17/05 04:11 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

i know exactly what you mean. i only see one reality. when i am talking to another person i simply perceive the one reality talking to itself. it's done wonders for my social anxiety but at the same time it can be feel incredibly lonely. there is nothing new and nothing foreign to the Self. i try to focus on how glorious the Self can be rather than the lack of anything else though. it reminds me of when jesus said

"If the flesh came into being because of spirit, that is a marvel, but if spirit came into being because of the body, that is a marvel of marvels.

Yet I marvel at how this great wealth has come to dwell in this poverty."

in other words, there may only be one thing that exists but at least this one thing is pretty huge and complex and wonderful. imagine if reality was a lot worse.

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter
Loc: Ice patches that last for...
    #4674297 - 09/17/05 04:14 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

There's only one of me, everywhere

Although this is an interesting take on being "one" with everything...I don't believe this is what it means.

My take on being one and this is just a personal idea, is being connected with everything and everyone.  Life in general is connected.  Every species of vegetation and life, depend on each other.  Being one with other people is being connected with them.  I don't feel lonely being one with everyone and everything.  I feel more in tune with the emotions around me and more empathetic(sp?) towards them.  We are all in the same phase of life and all humans have this in common.

Reach out to those close to you, love them, be loved by them. :heart: Don't take philosophy and life so seriously.  After I got into the psychedelic experience, this is where I went wrong.  I think it's good to be aware of the "bigger" picture(philosophy, spirituality and all of that stuff)...but to think to hard on the subject and take it to seriously has only brought frustration.

You're just in a rut ellemy.  You are a totally "thinker, feeler" and it's tough not to get so detatched in the world of today.  I can't offer much advice because people like you and me have to find our own way to deal with it.  But I offer you much love and good luck.  You are not alone  :heart:

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter
Re: "We are all One." It's fucking lonely. [Re: Icelander]
    #4674299 - 09/17/05 04:16 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

You need a loving kick in the ass girl. I don't think you do know what it means to be all one. You think too much.  Maybe a little dancing would be good too.

I didn't see your post...good advice bud  :thumbup:

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #4674308 - 09/17/05 04:20 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

At least you have a chance to communicate and learn from yourself at different stages.

But all you NEED is inside you.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Invisiblemoog
Stranger

#4674312 - 09/17/05 04:21 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

"I" felt the same way for a while when the realization of this hit. Maybe it's true, that God is ultimately lonely?

The beauty though is that there are trillions and trillions of different perspectives of life being experienced right now. We may be one but we do have different experiences, personalities, egos, and opinions. That's the point of it all. Take joy in discovering those differences.

Invisiblemoog
Stranger

Re: "We are all One." It's fucking lonely. [Re: Murex]
    #4674314 - 09/17/05 04:22 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

At least you have a chance to communicate and learn from yourself at different stages.

Murex that's one of the best things I've heard/read all week. :heart:

InvisibleMystikMushroom
I RULE YOU!
Re: "We are all One." It's fucking lonely. [Re: Spooge]
    #4674323 - 09/17/05 04:26 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING is "EVERYTHING".

There is only one "overmind", one "higher self"...

If you can learn to interact with it from our/your/mine 3-D world--you can maifest and shape reality. I've been doing it for a few months now. Part of me is saying im going insane, but my friends around me are all very "spooked" about the level of "manifestation" I am able to bring into "being".

On a high dose of mushrooms I learned that there is only One...when someone is mad at you instead of getting sad or defensive, realize that it is YOU 'somehow' being mad at...YOU!

It's a very hard/strange concept to explain in this primitive communication mode known as "language".

Terence McKenna has a satisfactory quote, "We are all like little bits of eternity sticking out into 3-dimensional space."

You are truly not alone. All the great minds, beautiful vistas, the artwork, the motifs, the genres...they all live inside of you.

I remember being so shroomed-out-of-my-gourd that I thought I invented 'Star Trek: TNG'. I ran around litterally living inside a reality based on the television show. I was absolutley sure that I had created the idea, concept, and implementation of the idea of star trek.

All the beauty of the creator lives inside of you, and inside of each "object" that we choose to bring into "being".

I'm glad more people in my reality are awakening to this realization. Just last night I was telling my friends that my reality is becomming more "plastic and pliable" and that at each turn I get subtle and not-so-subtle affirmations that I am on the right track...encouragement from higher planes of existance are somehow trickiling down to sate me.

*shrug* Hope I could contribute something. :smile:

Edited by MystikMushroom (09/17/05 04:33 PM)

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: "We are all One." It's fucking lonely. [Re: Deviate]
    #4674324 - 09/17/05 04:26 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
You're a strange one girlfriend. I think you need to go out into the woods and streams more. 

You're telling me.  I hate living in the city.  I've been here for almost 4 years now and I have been having elaborate fantasies lately of destroying my present life and running away to live free in the woods somewhere. 

Quote:

Thinking is getting you down. I suggest a very dark room, completely quiet (no music), a full length body pillow. Get naked and lay down with the pillow. Now take two hits of E (make sure it's pure). Take one and then one more in an hour. Then report back how it feels to be alone. :wink:

I have two E pills but I've been avoiding them.  E makes me feel not-so-good after coming down.  I'd rather just trip on shrooms.  It's been awhile.  Maybe I just need to get my head rearranged on a decent dose. 

Quote:

You need a loving kick in the ass girl. I don't think you do know what it means to be all one. You think too much.  :wink: Maybe a little dancing would be good too. :heart:

It's when I'm NOT thinking that I get worried.  I'm a pretty dumb person so I try to think as much as I can to make up for it. 

Dancing...I don't know how to dance.

Quote:

Deviate said:
i know exactly what you mean. i only see one reality. when i am talking to another person i simply perceive the one reality talking to itself.

Exactly...I was at lunch today with my grandparent-in-laws and I kept thinking how futile it was.  What is the point. 

What's funny is when I was a recluse and never saw anyone, I never felt lonely. 

Now it's like the more people I interact with, the more lonely and disenchanted with Supreme Reality I become. 

Even right now...what's the point of me writing this.  I (you) have already read it. 

Quote:

in other words, there may only be one thing that exists but at least this one thing is pretty huge and complex and wonderful. Imagine if reality was a lot worse.

It definitely could be worse.  I am just feeling that living life and having experiences like this is pointless. 

But I'm sure that's just because of my dim human perspective.

InvisibleMystikMushroom
I RULE YOU!
    #4674334 - 09/17/05 04:30 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I think instead of feeling lonley, we ought to feel liberated.

Nothing, and I mean nothing can cause me/you/it/us not to exist. Nothing that the One can create could be "more than it could handle".

This basically means that death is no longer a fear of any kind...but rather a joyfull transition to another level of existance. Also, you never have to be scared about anything. Everything and anything that you create in your reality is ultimatley controled on some level by "me/it/us"...

I had to add that.

Edited by MystikMushroom (09/17/05 04:30 PM)

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter
    #4674344 - 09/17/05 04:35 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

It's when I'm NOT thinking that I get worried. I'm a pretty dumb person so I try to think as much as I can to make up for it.

Dancing...I don't know how to dance

Two things you need to change there.  You have to teach yourself not to think to much.  Easier said then done, I know.  Try not to look so deeply into things and analyze things so much.  I'm like you in a sense, so I know how ridiculous that suggestion seems, but seriously try.  Even right now, reading all these posts, you are analyzing, thinking, feeling more than needed.  And it's sending you into despair, something I personally don't like to see.

Second thing you gotta change...you gotta learn to dance girl!  Take a dance class.  It will be great to get you "out there" meeting new people, learning to groove to some music.  It's nice to start a new hobby.  I've been to some and they are very laid back, fun classes.  Give it a try  :thumbup:

hehe and for some reason, I really don't think my advice even gets a second glance because it's the only one that's not getting all deep into the spiritual and philisophical talk.  :wink:  But trust me, it can be helpful advice, i've been there.

Edited by entityexperiment (09/17/05 04:40 PM)

InvisibleMystikMushroom
I RULE YOU!
    #4674354 - 09/17/05 04:40 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Hahah, funny...

I encourage all my friends to dance as much as they can. I'm often walked in on whille dancing up a storm in my room or whereever by myself. I just move my body and don't care what it looks like. I just move to music in ways that feel good. I open myself up to the sensations and feelings of "love, warmth and joy". And I frolick and dance up a storm by myself. Often times I do it naked right out of the shower.

Enjoy this existance, we are inverse-tripping from the void for what we call "average human lifetimes". Existing for eternity in a place where all things co-exist in all moments of "time" gets pretty boring i'd imagne. Putting restraints and limits on a limitless entity would be equivilent to us taking a drug to "open the mind".

Additionally, at some level we/us/it have chosen this existance, and we're not locked into it. I can bend and slightly warp my reality on very small scale events these days. Non-psychadelic users would call my techniques "positive affirmations" or "creative visualization"...lol, I see past all the BS and realize that It's from within ME that all is manifested.

:P food for thought...just food for thought?

Edited by MystikMushroom (09/17/05 04:42 PM)

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter
Re: "We are all One." It's fucking lonely. [Re: MystikMushroom]
    #4674361 - 09/17/05 04:42 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

dancing is truly medication for the soul. We've been doing it since...well ever. Obviously this isn't a FACT statement...but I believe it to be true.

Trance and dance go way back. It is very soothing in most situations. Great exercise, great confidence booster.

OfflineDeviate
    #4674377 - 09/17/05 04:47 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

"It definitely could be worse. I am just feeling that living life and having experiences like this is pointless.

But I'm sure that's just because of my dim human perspective.
"

i think many people have felt this way at one time. for me it often stems from the fact that society is out of tune with this bigger picture so it makes life on earth seem pointless. it can make you feel like you've gone crazy because everyone you encounter seems to be operating in a very different level of awareness. ive found the teachings of ramana maharshi immensely helpful in making peace with existance. check out his 40 verses on reality http://www.satramana.org/html/forty_verses_on_reality.htm

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#4674381 - 09/17/05 04:47 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

entityexperiment said:
Quote:

There's only one of me, everywhere

My take on being one and this is just a personal idea, is being connected with everything and everyone. 

That's pretty much my belief, but I think that I/we are everything.  From my POV, when I talk to my husband I'm talking to myself.  I've gotten some pretty interesting messages to myself this way but I have just been feeling so isolated it's been physically painful...my chest has been hurting and hurting and I am always about to cry.  I thought I was just uneasy about settling into my new role in the household (as the financial provider with my pitiful salary) but the more I think about it the more I am just realizing how lonely I am.  To be honest, it's wearing me down.  I don't know how to "get over myself" to get over this if everything IS myself. 

Quote:

Reach out to those close to you, love them, be loved by them.  Don't take philosophy and life so seriously. After I got into the psychedelic experience, this is where I went wrong. I think it's good to be aware of the "bigger" picture(philosophy, spirituality and all of that stuff)...but to think to hard on the subject and take it to seriously has only brought frustration.

What's funny as even as I experience this black hole of frustration nd confusion I am in, I've never been..."happier?"  I'd rather be miserable with knowing then cramped with ignorance. 

I just can't stop thinking about this stuff lately. 

Quote:

You're just in a rut ellemy.

It seems that way. 

You are a totally "thinker, feeler" and it's tough not to get so detatched in the world of today. I can't offer much advice because people like you and me have to find our own way to deal with it. But I offer you much love and good luck. You are not alone

I wish I could believe that.  But I'm glad I wasn't a pussy about posting this in S&P because you guys have made me feel a bit soothed about the cosmic situation.  :heart:

Quote:

Murex said:

But all you NEED is inside you.

I totally agree.  I seem to get some sort of sick pleasure out of tormenting myself. 

I am emotionally immature.  I know this and it is the source of most of my "issues." 

Quote:

moog said:
"I" felt the same way for a while when the realization of this hit. Maybe it's true, that God is ultimately lonely?

I've considered that too.  Maybe that's why GOD has so much love to give. 

Quote:

The beauty though is that there are trillions and trillions of different perspectives of life being experienced right now. We may be one but we do have different experiences, personalities, egos, and opinions. That's the point of it all. Take joy in discovering those differences.

So the point of life is for the Creator to experience itself, is that kind of what you're saying? 

Well, that makes me feel a little rebellious.  What if I don't want to do that.  I have no choice I guess.  I can either take joy in the experience of Life or make myself miserable.  Wow, what options!

Thanks GOD.

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter
    #4674416 - 09/17/05 04:59 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Being "just in a rut"  usually means you'll find your way back out  :smile:

Quote:

I'd rather be miserable with knowing then cramped with ignorance

Knowing is fine.  Knowing is key.  But to devote every waking minute to thinking about the "know" CAN be possibly unhealthy.  Like I say, it's nice to be aware of all of the spirituality and philisophical stuff...but I really think some people let it rule their lifes.  They take it to seriously.  And some of them become seriously detatched and lonely from everyone else around them.  Feeling so alone.  I totally know where you are coming from.

There is a happy medium, where you can just realize...this is life and you can learn to not take your spiritual/philisophical ideas(and life in general) too seriously....yet, still be aware of it.  Hard to explain, but do you know what I'm getting at?  Just be aware, knowing....but don't let it rule your life.  Stop thinking so much  :tongue: hehe in all seriousness though ellemy, you ARE a very intelligent girl and you will find your way out of the rut.

And by that time...i'll be falling into a new one.  :wink:  Hope you're there to possibly throw me a rope.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#4674419 - 09/17/05 05:00 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

entityexperiment said:
Quote:

It's when I'm NOT thinking that I get worried. I'm a pretty dumb person so I try to think as much as I can to make up for it.

Dancing...I don't know how to dance

Two things you need to change there.  You have to teach yourself not to think to much.  Easier said then done, I know.  Try not to look so deeply into things and analyze things so much.  I'm like you in a sense, so I know how ridiculous that suggestion seems

I have to admit, it really does.  :wink:  :heart:

Quote:

, but seriously try.  Even right now, reading all these posts, you are analyzing, thinking, feeling more than needed. 

You can tell that from my replies?  I'm just narcisstic. 

Quote:

And it's sending you into despair, something I personally don't like to see.

Second thing you gotta change...you gotta learn to dance girl!  Take a dance class.  It will be great to get you "out there" meeting new people, learning to groove to some music.  It's nice to start a new hobby.  I've been to some and they are very laid back, fun classes.  Give it a try  :thumbup:

I've started yoga in the hope it will improve self-discipline.  I do it at home.  What's nice is that hubby has been doing it with me.  :smile: 

The problem we are running into right now, is money.  I work full time and make $7 an hour.  I make 300 a week if I'm lucky.  I love my job, but I don't get to enjoy any money I bring home.  My husband doesn't work right now, and I support him while he is in college.  There are SO many things that I would like to do, but we never have enough money to do them.  When I'm a groomer in six months it'll be a bit better...I'll be making comission. 

Quote:

hehe and for some reason, I really don't think my advice even gets a second glance because it's the only one that's not getting all deep into the spiritual and philisophical talk.  :wink:  But trust me, it can be helpful advice, i've been there.

Trust me, I appreciate ALL FEEDBACK you guys have given.  I've been feeling so lost lately that I forgot I could just talk to someone.  :confused:

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#4674430 - 09/17/05 05:05 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

entityexperiment said:
Being "just in a rut"  usually means you'll find your way back out  :smile:

Quote:

I'd rather be miserable with knowing then cramped with ignorance

Knowing is fine.  Knowing is key.  But to devote every waking minute to thinking about the "know" CAN be possibly unhealthy.  Like I say, it's nice to be aware of all of the spirituality and philisophical stuff...but I really think some people let it rule their lifes.  They take it to seriously.  And some of them become seriously detatched and lonely from everyone else around them.  Feeling so alone.  I totally know where you are coming from.

There is a happy medium, where you can just realize...this is life and you can learn to not take your spiritual/philisophical ideas(and life in general) too seriously....yet, still be aware of it.  Hard to explain, but do you know what I'm getting at?  Just be aware, knowing....but don't let it rule your life.  Stop thinking so much  :tongue: hehe in all seriousness though ellemy, you ARE a very intelligent girl and you will find your way out of the rut.

And by that time...i'll be falling into a new one.  :wink:  Hope you're there to possibly throw me a rope.

If you need someone ever, you should PM me.  I will listen.  :heart:

I think you might be right.  Maybe I've been taking GOD WAYYY too seriously. 

GOD is FUN too. 

GOD is a FREAK.  :smile:

I need to chill.  See now it's so obvious what I've been doing to myself.  But I can never seem to stop me from doing it again.

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
    #4674452 - 09/17/05 05:11 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Waiting
In the calm of desolation
Wanting to break
From this circle of confusion

Sleeping
In the depths of isolation
Trying to wake
From this daydream of illusion

How can I feel abandoned even when the world surrounds me
How can I bite the hand that feeds the strangers all around me
How can I know so many
Never really knowing anyone

If I seem superhuman
I have been
Misunderstood

It challenges the essence of my soul
And leaves me in a state of disconnection
As I navigate the maze of self control

Playing a lion being led to a cage
I turn from a thief to a beggar
From a god to God save me

"Misunderstood" by Dream Theater

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Scales, Terrence McKenna

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology