Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Freedom Code

Loc: point no point
Shogun's Assassin (Lone Wolf and Cub)
    #2350868 - 02/18/04 04:59 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I always liked this movie. There's the original cut, Shogun's Assassin, and then there are the Lone Wolf and Cub series which is basically the really long version with some side stories and stuff.

The Lone Wolf is the Shogun's executioner. He's a loyal Samurai and the best swordsman in Japan. In order to advance their clan, a group murders Lone Wolf's wife and frames him for conspiring to kill the Shogun.

He's commanded to report to his superiors with his toddler son to commit sepuku (both are to commit suicide together). He's greeted and commended for his honor in wearing white, the Japanese colour of death, but when he's asked to kill himself, he starts laughing and he tells the official that he has decided to become a demon instead.

What he means by this is he will no longer abide by the rules of honour and the samurai's code. In a society where even mortal enemies won't break the rules in a duel to the death, this grants him infinite power over his conformist contemporaries.

For example, in the scene I last described, carrying his son, he runs out of the compound slaying anybody who gets in his way until he's hopelessly outnumbered and he cuts away his white robe to reveal an outfit embroidered with the shogun's symbol. None of the samurai can even point their swords at this outfit, much less cut through it to the man underneath.

Throughout the movie Lone Wolf exploits people's adherence to these strict codes of conduct. There are lots of scenes where he scares the SHIT out of people through this behaviour. Pretty cool stuff. I highly reccomend them. They make interesting comment on rules and following them and all that shiznatch.

Satanism is about getting power through similiar means, as I understand it. By using language, specifically words of power (ie: the word satan) you gain power from all the frightened little people around you. Pretty demented, but it's not a difficult form of "magic" to armour yourself against I suppose.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Loc: mid-air?
Re: Shogun's Assassin (Lone Wolf and Cub) [Re: Squatting_Otter]
    #2462913 - 03/23/04 05:36 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I read the new comic book:

Lone Wolf and Cub: 2087 (or some year like that)

its really great, big bloody robots, etc.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology