Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Truth is a fantasy
    #3532610 - 12/22/04 05:08 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I hate the information age. The information age is a curse in disguise. It promises to provide a world network of information, so everybody can know everything. Information at our fingertips. Etc, blah blah.

Well the information age lies. NOBODY knows anything. Not a damn thing. Everything I read has some huge OPPOSITE position. Every documentary I watch has some huge opposition to why it's false. And those very documentaries are just huge pieces on why their oppositions are false.

Even in the world of medicine, something I hold as a great science, the information age has turned it into a cruel joke. There are so many facts, rumor, bullshit cures and medicines and bullshit therapies etc that nobody has any idea where the truth lies. And everybody is allowed to say how they do work and why, and everybody is allowed to *prove* that they don't work and why. Who did their research? Is it valid? Let's get some opinions of that. Let's get the opposition too. See if we can't make an entirely new argument on whether the evidence to prove the evidence is based on valid evidence.

Or Politics! Jesus H. Christ, politics. Nothing in this world has less truth in it. NOBODY HAS FACTS! Documentaries that are seemingly well crafted (9/11 In Plane Site) get smashed to pieces quickly, but who cares right? Nobody knows anything anyway. Who says the opposition is correct?

Or The Power of Nightmares on BBC? That was a 3 hour documentary, SEEMINGLY accurate with lots of facts and video clips. The author has done many other documentaries, and the BBC is not just some random station. They hold alot of clout (or as an example of this thread, I really don't know. I THINK the BBC holds alot of clout. Do they?) But does The Power of Nightmares have opposition? Yes. Lots of it. WHO IS RIGHT? The truth doesn't exist.

Iraq war? Not even worth pursuing. None of the numbers or facts are trustworthy. Who died? Why did they die? Are we blocking Al'Jazeera? Why? For what reason? Why are we there? VERY FEW if ANY people on earth know these answers and they will never be known.

The truth is a joke. The truth has become relative. The truth is the truth if you can stomach the idea of believing something without any reason behind it. If you bother to look on the opposing side of life, on the other end of the table, you find yourself knowing nothing.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
Re: Truth is a fantasy [Re: freddurgan]
    #3532628 - 12/22/04 05:19 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Now that is the truth.

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
Re: Truth is a fantasy [Re: Droz]
    #3532635 - 12/22/04 05:21 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Try Guerrillanews.com

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
    #3532676 - 12/22/04 05:35 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Welcome to the 21st Century!

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3532776 - 12/22/04 06:11 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I have a truth for you.......... All things are in a symbiotic relationship to each other

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #3533171 - 12/22/04 07:49 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I know. It can be quite overwhelming. What I have learned to do is just to listen and not to believe anything. Just "know" what you heard, but don't act as if you just heard the truth.

The information age. Quite overwhelming. I think we can go to one extreme or the other with it. I quit reading newspapers and listening to the news a long time ago. Quite a few years ago. Too much information. I became overloaded. Plus, there's that problem that you hear something and it's supposed to be legit, and you believe it, because there were scientific studies, and then later there are scientific studies that refute the scientific studies.

Now, I'm getting back into learning things again. I'm listening to the news, watching certain educational programs, reading the newspapers to see what's going on.

I'm treating the information I hear as just that...information. I keep in mind that there may be a different source that refutes the source from which I just heard, in whatever medium.

Do y'all (in TX right now) remember when the study came out and found that coffee was bad for us? A lot of people switched to decaffienated. And then a short time later, turns out coffee is good for you!

So, do research on whatever it is you hear, and then make your own decisions, especially if it's important.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
Re: Truth is a fantasy [Re: Frog]
    #3533200 - 12/22/04 07:56 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

"turns out coffee is good for you"

Thank God because if I don't have my caffeine in the morning my head aches in the evening.

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3533282 - 12/22/04 08:18 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

This thread is one of the most refreshing and liberating movements I have ever read here or anywhere!

Frog and Fred,  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlineoceansize
fuckin' right.

Re: Truth is a fantasy [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3534190 - 12/22/04 11:37 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

find truth in a maple tree

--------------------
"And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once. And we should call every truth false which was not accompanied by at least one laugh." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
Re: Truth is a fantasy [Re: oceansize]
    #3534215 - 12/22/04 11:42 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

the only truth is that all of the truth that you know is in fact untruth and the world will be exploding, imploding, and then bubbling back to normal very shortly and we should all prepare, i believe ted koppel is doing a special at ten

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #3535148 - 12/23/04 08:10 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Ah, so true. I agree...

And in light of that, I ask you this... why hate that which brought you to such a grand realization?

This realization applies to all times and all people individually. Thus, it has little to do with the actual "age" we live in and more to do with self discovery.

Release your contempt... it does not benefit you. Instead, realize that this age's state of being has prompted realizations within you that have begun a great and important change in the way you think.

Don't embrace the negativity of why you dislike the state of the world... instead, realize that your newfound methods of thinking have led you to a point of view that leaves you unburdened by the weight of what you thought you knew.

Instead, embrace the situation presented to you as a prime example of how to find the positive aspects of all things. Negativity does not really exist, because even things that seem negative at first hold lessons to teach us about ourselves.

You are a blank canvas. Find the glory in painting yourself.

Offlinetheknighterrant
errant knight
 User Gallery

Loc: somewhere in western cana...
    #3535359 - 12/23/04 10:25 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

truth is both absolute and relative. it is absolute in that those things i hold to be true, i 'know' to be true. truth is relative since the universe around me is built from my preception of it rather than reality itself, what i know to be real is real only to myself.
it is always amazing when two or more people manage to know the same truth.

tke

--------------------
The oldest and strongest emotion of man is fear. The oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.
--H.P. Lovecraft

Demented Piper Press

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Truth is a fantasy [Re: theknighterrant]
    #3535384 - 12/23/04 10:38 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

we got fragments I tell ya
fragments!
how we gonna deal with all these fragments?

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: Truth is a fantasy [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3535655 - 12/23/04 11:43 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

stack em up
stack em up

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
Re: Truth is a fantasy [Re: fresh313]
    #3535665 - 12/23/04 11:45 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

lick and stick!

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Truth is a fantasy [Re: incubaby_421]
    #3535793 - 12/23/04 12:22 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

how much can I get for a pound of truth?

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #3535801 - 12/23/04 12:23 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

a valley of tears, or a bucket full of laughter

:grin:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Truth is a fantasy [Re: Frog]
    #3535844 - 12/23/04 12:34 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

sold

--------------------

Offlinesoulmotion
Professor
 User Gallery

Loc: Jumanji
    #3536786 - 12/23/04 05:30 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I'm just doing the rounds in the philosophy forums. Philosophy is one of my favorite drugs! As for the 'truth'? You can't handle the truth! Sorry, I had use that cliche line. But seriously, I believe that concept of 'truth' is simple if you look at it like this: The truth is like matter-- it is neither created nor destroyed, but it can change form. This is why truth seems so insubstantial and unstable, because it has the ability to morph and adapt to different circumstances. That doesn't mean it isn't real, but it is illusive.

One reason to believe that it exists: We have vocabulary for it. It is a concept, albiet a sometimes murky one. If you deny that it exists, however, you have to rip it out of the dictionary and every persons dialouge from history to the present and prevent people from using the term forevermore.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom