Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: The Information War [Re: Sclorch]
    #3513193 - 12/17/04 10:51 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

im not sure what your getting at EXACTLY but i do know that information and the power to get informed have never been more easily grasped. Thousands of thousands of books articles and writings, videos documentaries and philosophical treatises, songs shows and movies are ours to absorb at our will from the internet or libraries or any of the other sources we have available.

If knowledge is power, what the fuck are we doing with it? we all have it at our disposal

the problem is that knowledge is only power if we choose and select what knowledge we absorb. but instead of seeking out specific books or whatever to read, we simply 'plug ourselves in' and let the media and those who control it fill our mind with whatever information, or disinformation, they feel like.

The information war? its between you and yourself. Nothing is holding you back in todays age. this is the information age and more information then you could absorb in a billion lifetimes awaits you.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: The Information War [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3513348 - 12/17/04 11:36 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

So all there is to know is now contained in a book, a video, or a web site? I doubt it.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: The Information War [Re: ]
    #3513688 - 12/17/04 01:02 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

You're right to doubt.

A superabundance of information is nice... but I'm talking about important nuggets. For instance, go ahead and search the internet for SPECIFIC instructions on how to make a nucle@r or @tomic b0mb. You won't find this information. The intelligence community (globally speaking) has all the really important information. The kind of information that isn't declassified EVER.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Loc: Oregon
    #3514301 - 12/17/04 03:44 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Man also has a finite capacity for information reception, hence Info overload.
Me thinks that our biological "noise" filters are not quite up to modern intrusion therefore conscious screening of what you expose yourself too and absorb is going to become the new "diet"
Example; A tv comercial for a Sony camera stars Steven Tyler. first image he wears a small goatee. Second, women at table scramble to stand and take a photo.Third, no goatee and women all in different positions at the table from first scene. Now I normaly Do Not Absorb Ads...However even without sound and minimal attention the discordant imagery which follows was like a bad string of code it MADE me watch to see what was wrong with the images( basicaly strange editing stringing together images which obviously were shot separately in time by a large enough space that the same women had different looks and positioning from frame to frame.
The discord this brought about I don't believe was accidental or without purpose. It made me watch to determine what was the problem with the image I was seeing and like bad code it was hard to dismiss the discordant information. More of the TV cultures G/I=G/O(garbage in, garbage out)programing of this culture? Probably.
I hope I am teaching my kids too be selective in what they "inload" as the amount of information continues to increase more "bad code" will enter the minds of people unless they become conscious of what they absorb.
WR

--------------------
To old for this place

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: The Information War [Re: whiterasta]
    #3514379 - 12/17/04 04:08 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

"So all there is to know is now contained in a book, a video, or a web site? "

i never once said that

" For instance, go ahead and search the internet for SPECIFIC instructions on how to make a [Email]nucle@r[/Email] or @tomic b0mb. You won't find this information. The intelligence community (globally speaking) has all the really important information. The kind of information that isn't declassified EVER. "

nor should it be. im not trying to insult you when i say i still dont get your point

i wonder how you define 'really important' ?

--------------------

Edited by Moonshoe (12/17/04 04:10 PM)

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #3515080 - 12/17/04 08:23 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

you mean they dont have those instructions to make a nuclear bomb anymore... seriously? I read up on it a long time ago... it involved lots of liquid dynamite and an enriched uranium core... what else is there to know?  :smirk:

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#3515239 - 12/17/04 09:29 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

"For instance, go ahead and search the internet for SPECIFIC instructions on how to make a [Email]nucle@r[/Email] or @tomic b0mb. You won't find this information"

http://www.boredshitless.com/nuclear_bomb.html

enjoy ^^

:crazy2:

--------------------

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
    #3519549 - 12/19/04 03:09 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Moonshoe said:
"For instance, go ahead and search the internet for SPECIFIC instructions on how to make a [Email]nucle@ror[/Email] @tomic b0mb. You won't find this information"
http://www.boredshitless.com/nuclear_bomb.html
enjoy ^^
:crazy2:

Nope... that is insufficient information.  Nothing exact.  Critical specifics have been left out... and you don't need to be a physicist to notice that.

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#3520407 - 12/19/04 12:37 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

lol well critical specifics have been left out. now sclorch cant build a nucleur weapon.

i guess weve lost the 'information war'

:sad:

(thank god)

--------------------

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
    #3522626 - 12/19/04 10:31 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Ooo... good with the Horse Laugh slanter. pah!

My point is that there will always be certain things the general public will never have access to. Whether it's the 27 pages omitted from the 9/11 report or a few paragraphs blacked out with a marker, certain information will be gripped tightly by a powerful few.

--------------------

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #3523095 - 12/20/04 12:59 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Who's interest does it serve when information is limited, or witheld to the few?

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#3524964 - 12/20/04 04:43 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

"Ooo... good with the Horse Laugh slanter. pah!"

lol. i have no idea what that means.

"My point is that there will always be certain things the general public will never have access to. Whether it's the 27 pages omitted from the 9/11 report or a few paragraphs blacked out with a marker, certain information will be gripped tightly by a powerful few. "

of course your right. my point though is that with the internet and other sources the amount of information withheld from the public is smaller than it has ever been in human history, and the amount of information available to the average man is drastically higher, so if there is an information war, were getting damn close to winning it.

and personally i think some information must be kept tightly locked away from the public, especially relating to building weapons of death like nukes and biological agents.

all i know is that for me, all the information i want, from how to get wax of my shirt to how to achieve satori or how to do yoga or meditate or travel rates or accomadations in india, its all at my finger tips.

not that i dont realize there is a shitload of stuff that we should and must know about world affairs that the government keeps under wraps. its incredible how many people dont even have a clue about the genocides and military operations their own government has paricipated in in the last couple decades. just theyve never heard of it. its been left out of the history books.

--------------------

Edited by Moonshoe (12/20/04 09:38 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate