Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]
OfflineMcKennaFan200
AmateurGairologist

Re: "Gods loves us".....but why? [Re: exclusive58]
    #3389474 - 11/20/04 02:27 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

What if I was a cow pretty much? Haha. Well I really don't know. Thank God I'm not one.

Originally I sought God because I wanted stability in my life. Things were just not getting any better. I thought "Hey, why not give it a try" Haha. I would never say "my passion of christ is rooted in my own selfish needs", because I was just looking for guidance and stability like I said. Since I have been saved life is easier. I know I have purpose, meaning, and their is a future for me. Thank God for....well God really.

--------------------

"It seemed to me culture is a shabby lie. Or at least this culture is a shabby lie. If you work like a dog, you get 260 channels of bad television and a German automobile. What kind of perfection is that?"-McKenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: "Gods loves us".....but why? [Re: McKennaFan200]
    #3389511 - 11/20/04 02:37 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Be careful why you seek God for help

Asking God for forgiveness is easy to get wrong. God does not want you to be seeking him for the sole purpose to fix your life's problems.

He will but it is a result of you truly seeking forgiveness for the harm you have caused him. Sin is like a bullet to his head. God wants to know that you are truly sorry for hurting him and that you l;ove him and are willing to do his works, the works of love that is.

Gods wants you to love him and love his ways. Seeking God for help only works if you are truly trying to be like Jesus.

Putting everyone else before your own needs, helping thoses around you etc.....

Works like this... the more you are like God and his Love, the more God can work thru you.

The closer You get to God the closer he gets to you

So always check your motives when talking to God. He knows.

Being truly sorry is to put aside your own feelings and putting the feelings of others in the front.

Am I sorry because my life sucks or I am sorry for hurting you.

Huge difference :thumbup:

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: "Gods loves us".....but why? [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3389538 - 11/20/04 02:44 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Fucknuckle said:
When you have the real God show his face to you and perform miracles using your hands then the thought of " Maybe I am tricking myself ? " Goes right out the window.

The stuff that happened in the days of old happens today. I have been a witness to these things. I have been used for such things.

And just like in the days of old they were not believed. And just like today people don't believe, they think we Lie or cheat or something.

But never that God is real and things happen. No this just isn't possiable

But it is and it happens all around you everyday.

I know l;ts of energy healers. I beleive in energy, light/love- that is the all that is to me and its full of creative intelligence. tapping into it is awesome. I don't disagree you are doing that.

You don't have to justify your beleifs either. I have a different take on the damning hell judgment stuff. As I do not know myself separate from the all that is, I can be the only judge of myself that punishes if I give into guilt save forgiveness and create hellish realities and realms for myself.

Forgiveness is just that to me. We were for-given, given before, free will to choose and create for ourselves. I think the whatever it is wiped it's hands after that. people live in their own self punishing hells here via guilt. Sould that take guilt with them live in a hell of their own in the lower astral until help arrives and it does-no one gets stuck there for eternity.

I beleive in these things because I experience them to be so and no one can change my mind about them, I live in the experience of it.

The Bible and religion is man made territory to me. I hang out in the cosmos and write my own truths as I live them, as everyone is and should be allowed to do.

FN, i know fear gets used a lot to motivate people and it can be quite a motivational tool. Love, love of self and others can be used just the same and is much more pleasant and fullfilling to be moved by love then it is by fear.

Doing something only because you fear a punishment or disaster is sort of lame. Now look at it this way, why doesn't some one NOT want to experience punishment or disaster? Because they love themselves. You have that to work with and the Bible or religion never have to come into the picture.

fear is what causes what we fear to happen unless we transition it. The first inklings of fear is our souls way of telling us we are slipping out of harmony and to move back into love.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#3389543 - 11/20/04 02:46 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Well do you at least admit that the actual representation that you have of god might be a little off?

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: "Gods loves us".....but why? [Re: MOTH]
    #3389545 - 11/20/04 02:47 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

THE metaphysic of Christianity is defined in 1 John 4:8 which says that "God is love." One has to understand that this means the Eternal Nature, the Ground of Being is 'Love as an Eternal State of Being.' This is a different meaning than the personification that GOD loves us. It does not mean that GOD doesn't love creation, but it does mean that what transpires between GOD and humans is of a higher order than what we usually attribute to the word love.

By way of parallel, because one cannot define a word by itself, is the Hindu concept of GOD as Sat-Chit-Ananda which can be translated Being-Knowledge-Bliss.
Being indicates the Absolute Eternal Existence; Knowledge means Gnosis [gyan, in Sanskrit] which means that the Knower, Knowledge and Known are one Subject; and Bliss elucidates not only a Divine attribute, but how we experience GOD - as bliss. Putting it all together, one Realizes the Bliss in which we simultaneously Know and are Known by Eternal Being, which means we are Blissfully One with Eternal Life. Human love, Compassionate and passionate, sexual and brotherly-sisterly, paternal-maternal, empathetic-sympathetic, are but very veiled glimpses of the Divine Nature which IS love.

Whenever we are filled with and act upon love in selflessness, it is the Divine Nature acting through us ("I live; yet not I, Christ liveth in me.") The closest that people come to this Divine Love occurs in mystical union - Illumination, Enlightenment, Ecstasy, Sahaj Samadhi, Fana, Satori just to name a few traditions' terms for it. This is the "not I," the "Thou" not the "I" which surrounds and permeates all of creation. Most people are as unaware of the omnipresence of GOD as fish seem to be unaware that they are in water ("In Christ we live and move and have our being").

If 'I' truly love you, then it is the Eternal 'I AM' in me Who loves the Eternal 'I AM' in you. It seems personal, like MY love and YOUR love, but it is really the Transpersonal 'Infinite Ocean' of Love that experiences Itself in your Center and my Center, and though we may be a thousand miles apart physically, your Center and my Center are the SAME Center, because GOD is ONE. The Zen way to say it is there seem to be as many Moons as there are puddles, lakes and oceans to reflect the Moon's image, but there is really only one Moon. There is only ONE GOD and many Hearts to reflect the ONE GOD Who/Which IS LOVE.

Shalom. Salaam. Shanti. Pax. Peace.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: "Gods loves us".....but why? [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3389565 - 11/20/04 02:53 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

You have hit the nail on the head with the fear thing. If anyone really reads what Jesus taught. He never said anything like that. Well he did but that is not what he means.

One of the reasons I don't concider myself a religous man is because of that crap.

To fear God does not mean you Fear him. Rather it means that you are aware of what it means to live without him.

To respect him
To love him

Example I love and fear my wife. Meaning that I love her and need her but I fear what will happen if I cheat on her or hurt her in some great way. She will leave me and that I fear

Same with fearing God. Knowing that God has loved me in many powerful ways I fear him in the sense that I would just freak out if he left me. I love him and need him everyday.

Many Christians get it very wrong Because they are as from from God as the Devil.

It is sad to me and that is why God has led me away from Religious Churches.

--------------------

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3389612 - 11/20/04 03:05 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

It sounds like it works for you so, I don't care to take that away from you.

For me , it's different, because I can't separate myself from the life force that I AM created from "the creator" so it can never leave me and I can never be without it as i am it experiencing myself in density and limited form.

Jesus is someone I have a personal relationship with, i know the cosmic christ and he's soo cool. I don't know him as the Bible portrays him.  he's in my heart and we have two way convos when ever I want. Some times, he use to speak through me until he wanted me to stop seeing him, the christed aspect of him separate from myself and asked that when i want to come from a christed perspective, to trust my own Christ within.

Now, he's just like a cool friend, that loves and understands me with the greatest of compassion and talks to me straight. Better then that, he asks me questions back and leads me back into my own inner source of wisdom. He really doesn't like anyone dependent on him, because his goal is to teach people, they are the same as him and to find him within themselves.

Blah Blah anyway :hug:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: "Gods loves us".....but why? [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3389626 - 11/20/04 03:09 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yes exactly......... I almost 100% agree with you

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #3392829 - 11/21/04 11:39 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Wow, this thread got long.  I was away for a few days with family, so I'll put a few of my thoughts here now. 

Basically, I spend a lot of my time considering the nature of God.  I have a lot of theories, ranging from the practical to the absurd, but I consider everything. 

At present, I believe in 'God' as a universal energy (consciousness), a universal pattern that everything in existence is constructed of.  There is nothing that is not 'God.' 

I believe that all the different religions and faiths are just different paths to the same Source. 

I never bought into the whole "Father in Heaven" thing.  I believe 'God' transcends all gender. 

I read the Bible, but it does not get a "withhold-your-reasoning-skills" pass from me.  I try to keep in mind that the Bible was written by falliable men, divinely-inspired or not. 

The thing is, I'm comfortable in my beliefs, but not fanatical about them.  I am open and willing to allow my beliefs to evolve as I grow as an individual.  I really enjoy discussing what religion or spirituality means to other people, no matter what their beliefs.  I try to be a good listener, because people love to be heard when it comes to speaking from the heart, myself included.  Religion is the most compelling force on this planet. 

I turned from the Religion of Christianity because I need to discover things out for myself, instead of having it taught to me while I passively listen.  I don't call myself a Christian anymore because that word paints a certain image in people's eyes that I do not want associated with myself.  Nonetheless, I am an avid Bible reader, speak to 'God' everyday and have genuine adoration and love for Jesus Christ.  I don't know if this makes me a "Christian" or not.  Probably not, because I give other religions credit too.  I try not to worry too much about how I'm viewed religiously anymore.  I'll be what I am, you know? 

I have a lot of Biblical knowledge from my upbringing, and am always researching different religions.  What interests me the most is the parallels I find between many of them in my reading. 

As for the original question of 'God's' love, I think a couple of you answered it very well, and thanks for the input.  I wasn't trying to start a debate or a fight...just simply asking a question that interested me.  I usually lurk in S&P because the rabid nature of some of the posters in here can be intimidating.  But I appreciate what everyone brings to the table, so anyway, time for bed!  :sun:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #3392842 - 11/21/04 11:46 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Ellemysh, you are going to Hell for giving people the oppurtunity to question their beliefs. :evil:

:lol: Your views certainly are a little more inspired and open than some expressed here... :wink: :thumbup:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3393605 - 11/21/04 04:35 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Self forgiveness IS God's forgiveness...

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

Re: "Gods loves us".....but why? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #3394512 - 11/21/04 08:20 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
Quote:

ld50negative1 said:
"Since God IS God who created this world and our infinite universe most things are probably under his control; control posessed because he set the world in motion and with his infinite wisdom/knowledge set the motion in such a way that it would erupt at a specific time/specific amount etc. Since this world is fallen and everything goes back to the earth when life ends it would make sense that negative things like hurricanes/volcanoes happen.

Hurricanes and volcanoes are not "negative". The view of a creator in control, orchestrating events of his seperate Creation are outdated and baseless. Who is labeling a hurricane or a volcano as being "negative"? Is it you? "God" certainly isn't defining natural events as negative, especially not ones that, if they did not exist, the world would not be as it is now. No volcanos = no life. So, how is a volcano negative? From which perspective is it negative?

No experience is either "negative" or "positive", it requires a mind to judge experiences and to label those experiences as "negative" or "positive".

Further explain this idea that "this world is fallen". In which sense is it fallen? From what is it fallen?

Quote:

Also, why wouldn't God love us?

It wouldn't make sense if he didn't because he created us! Why would he even bother otherwise?

This is not logic and it does not prove a point. It assumes (without any personal or objective experience to validate the assumption) that there is a "God", and that he "created" us. Why would God love us, and why wouldn't he bother if he didn't love us? You do not know God or his intentions, if there even was a knowable God responsible for Creation in the first place. Playing silly mental games that assume God has knowable intentions with no logical thinking or validation is what doesn't make any sense here. :wink:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

"You do not know God or his intentions, if there even was a knowable God responsible for Creation in the first place."

Actually I do know God, I might not understand fully God, but I know him none the less; the Bible points out pretty plainly what his intentions are.

"Playing silly mental games that assume God has knowable intentions with no logical thinking or validation is what doesn't make any sense here. :wink:"

Where is the logic or validation in saying that there ISN'T God. The very obviousness of God is incredible.

"silly mental games" seem to follow some form of logic. Otherwise how could they be mind games in the first place? :lol:

"Who is labeling a hurricane or a volcano as being "negative"? Is it you?"

This whole "negative" argument makes as much since as me attacking you
about say,  saying what you say isn't "logical". What defines logic is it you? Maybe logic is anything that someone other than yourself states... .... ... right......

Yeh I was labeling a volcano/hurricane as negative with respect to how it has power to destroy life.

"This is not logic and it does not prove a point."

It's not logical because you don't believe in God and refuse anything that's not based on "fact". What is actually fact you ignore. (not necessarily what I say but the world around you.)

Edited by ld50negative1 (11/21/04 08:26 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds