Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinephi1618
old hand

Re: "Gods loves us".....but why? [Re: MOTH]
    #3388316 - 11/20/04 08:27 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

My personal view is that we are all part of a unified whole. Some people might refer to this as God; I don't, because it is fundamentally different than God as a concious creator.

As far as God's love...
Love is an important part of life. But, I'm not entirely sure what it means, "god loves us".

Quote:

I think God's an alien.

What do you mean by this?

ps. Hope your visit with your parents goes well.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

Re: "Gods loves us".....but why? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #3388339 - 11/20/04 08:42 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

"A volcano is born when the magma inside the Earth builds up pressure and emerges through cracks in the Earth's surface. I don't know what specifically creates a hurricane, but I know it involves different areas of pressure and of different temperature coming into contact. I'd suggest Googling it."

Since God IS God who created this world and our infinite universe most things are probably under his control; control posessed because he set the world in motion and with his infinite wisdom/knowledge set the motion in such a way that it would erupt at a specific time/specific amount etc. Since this world is fallen and everything goes back to the earth when life ends it would make sense that negative things like hurricanes/volcanoes happen.

Also, why wouldn't God love us?

It wouldn't make sense if he didn't because he created us! Why would he even bother otherwise?

--------------------

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
    #3388456 - 11/20/04 09:38 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Fireworks_God - So are you saying there is some kind of seperation between God and Nature?

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: "Gods loves us".....but why? [Re: ld50negative1]
    #3388478 - 11/20/04 09:43 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

ld50negative1 said:
"Since God IS God who created this world and our infinite universe most things are probably under his control; control posessed because he set the world in motion and with his infinite wisdom/knowledge set the motion in such a way that it would erupt at a specific time/specific amount etc. Since this world is fallen and everything goes back to the earth when life ends it would make sense that negative things like hurricanes/volcanoes happen.

Hurricanes and volcanoes are not "negative". The view of a creator in control, orchestrating events of his seperate Creation are outdated and baseless. Who is labeling a hurricane or a volcano as being "negative"? Is it you? "God" certainly isn't defining natural events as negative, especially not ones that, if they did not exist, the world would not be as it is now. No volcanos = no life. So, how is a volcano negative? From which perspective is it negative?

No experience is either "negative" or "positive", it requires a mind to judge experiences and to label those experiences as "negative" or "positive".

Further explain this idea that "this world is fallen". In which sense is it fallen? From what is it fallen?

Quote:

Also, why wouldn't God love us?

It wouldn't make sense if he didn't because he created us! Why would he even bother otherwise?

This is not logic and it does not prove a point. It assumes (without any personal or objective experience to validate the assumption) that there is a "God", and that he "created" us. Why would God love us, and why wouldn't he bother if he didn't love us? You do not know God or his intentions, if there even was a knowable God responsible for Creation in the first place. Playing silly mental games that assume God has knowable intentions with no logical thinking or validation is what doesn't make any sense here. :wink:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineMcKennaFan200
AmateurGairologist

Re: "Gods loves us".....but why? [Re: MOTH]
    #3388514 - 11/20/04 09:53 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

God created us becuase it gives him pleasure. It's stated in the bible. Of course he loves us, it's human kind that has to decide whether we will return the love, take the gift from Christ, and live peacefully and in GRACE. That is how I feel.

--------------------

"It seemed to me culture is a shabby lie. Or at least this culture is a shabby lie. If you work like a dog, you get 260 channels of bad television and a German automobile. What kind of perfection is that?"-McKenna

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: "Gods loves us".....but why? [Re: McKennaFan200]
    #3388541 - 11/20/04 10:03 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

McKennaFan200 said:
God created us becuase it gives him pleasure.  It's stated in the bible.

How does the fact that the Bible testifies this as true actually give us the verification we need to know that it is indeed true? How is the Bible right on this? How do you know this?

Quote:

Of course he loves us,

You speak as if you have reason to know that "he" does. What is your reasoning behind your reassured attitude that he loves us?

Quote:

it's human kind that has to decide whether we will return the love, take the gift from Christ, and live peacefully and in GRACE.  That is how I feel.

How do we return this love from him? How do we know that this love is in fact coming from some external being? Is it possible to live peacefully and in "grace" if one doesn't make a baseless assumption about a being and his suspossed love?

There is no objective verification of any of this, and there isn't even any personal experience that verifies a God and his love, which matters even more. :smirk:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineMcKennaFan200
AmateurGairologist

#3388563 - 11/20/04 10:10 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I think you're playing "Devil's advocate" against God.....which isn't really smart. The bible IS truth. That is all there is to it. If it is written in the bible that God created us for his pleasure and gave his only begotten son for our sins, I have no right to question it. Cute puppy by the way.

--------------------

"It seemed to me culture is a shabby lie. Or at least this culture is a shabby lie. If you work like a dog, you get 260 channels of bad television and a German automobile. What kind of perfection is that?"-McKenna

Offlinephi1618
old hand

#3388609 - 11/20/04 10:20 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

The bible IS truth.

Quote:

the last sane moment we ever knew was on the plains of Africa 15,000 years ago rocked in the cradle of the Great Horned Mushroom Goddess before... phonetic alphabets and monotheism...

:confused:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#3388631 - 11/20/04 10:28 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

McKennaFan200 said:
I think you're playing "Devil's advocate" against God.....which isn't really smart.  The bible IS truth.  That is all there is to it.  If it is written in the bible that God created us for his pleasure and gave his only begotten son for our sins, I have no right to question it.  Cute puppy by the way.

I think you are playing Devil's advocate for the Bible. :grin:

If you honestly do regard the Bible as Truth and feel that you have no right to question it, then you do not use your mind in any effective, proper manner. How does it feel to be programmed? What makes the Bible Truth and what gives The Bible the right to not be questioned? :smirk:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineMcKennaFan200
AmateurGairologist

#3388636 - 11/20/04 10:29 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

See my new thread.  :smirk:

--------------------

OfflineMcKennaFan200
AmateurGairologist

#3388647 - 11/20/04 10:32 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I am far from "programmed". I am faithful.

--------------------

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #3388677 - 11/20/04 10:39 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
What makes the Bible Truth and what gives The Bible the right to not be questioned?

you didn't answer that part, and neither does your new thread...

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #3388683 - 11/20/04 10:42 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

McKennaFan200 said:
I am far from "programmed". I am faithful.

You say you think objectively and are not programmed.

So answer this: Why is it that you think a book written by humans (who are far from infallable) --and then has been rewritten and edited for centuries and centuries by people who want to do as they please with it-- Why is it that you think this book is the direct word of god?

Do you not realize the error in not questioning this?

Look at the state of most mass religions these days. Do you agree with the way they are all run? Do you not realize that they are run that way because of the very same error?

OfflineMcKennaFan200
AmateurGairologist

Re: "Gods loves us".....but why? [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #3388686 - 11/20/04 10:43 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Because I believe it is written by man from the mouth of god. Is that so hard to believe?

--------------------

OfflineMcKennaFan200
AmateurGairologist

Re: "Gods loves us".....but why? [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #3388692 - 11/20/04 10:44 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Fine, if you want to get specific about it, the MANUSCRIPTS are truth.

--------------------

Offlinephi1618
old hand

#3388693 - 11/20/04 10:44 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

McKennaFan200 said:
Because I believe it is written by man from the mouth of god. Is that so hard to believe?

I can believe that you believe that, though it's pretty tough. I don't believe it myself, and I think it's a pretty fucking weird thing to believe.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: "Gods loves us".....but why? [Re: phi1618]
    #3388710 - 11/20/04 10:49 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Ja, it is sorta weird to knowingly delude oneself. :lol:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineMcKennaFan200
AmateurGairologist

#3388719 - 11/20/04 10:52 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Ha.....mocking people is pretty rude.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#3388734 - 11/20/04 10:58 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

McKennaFan200 said:
Ha.....mocking people is pretty rude.

Not answering people's honest questions in a thread devoted to a topic to which the questions are relevant is not only rude, it is highly suggestive that they do not have any reasonable answer that treads water.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineMcKennaFan200
AmateurGairologist

#3388760 - 11/20/04 11:06 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

It's hard to answer questions when they are not really questions at all to you. Like

"How does the fact that the Bible testifies this as true actually give us the verification we need to know that it is indeed true? How is the Bible right on this? How do you know this?"

These are not questions in my mind. It's just how it is.

"How do we return this love from him? How do we know that this love is in fact coming from some external being? Is it possible to live peacefully and in "grace" if one doesn't make a baseless assumption about a being and his suspossed love?"

1. All you have to do to return God's love is to believe in him and stay in his word. Talk to him like you would your flesh father. Tell him you love him, it's not that hard.

2.It is written in the bible, which I wholeheartedly believe in.

3.You can never live in Grace (I was referring to God's grace) if you do not believe. You will get by, maybe even make some money. But you won't have the crown of life on your head when this world is of no consequence anymore.

Better?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale