Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Unfortunate Events... [Re: adrug]
    #3363441 -

adrug said:
Not bad or good...just opposite.



Actually, I would think that every experience is completely of its own and cannot be judged or categorized. "Not bad or good, not opposite... just what it is". :wink:

Only the mind judges, being does not judge, the experience itself does not judge, "God" does not judge.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Unfortunate Events... [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #3363904 -

I agree, Jellric.

Skorp, I understand your point, but I do not entirely agree. I see how the ego can constitute a struggle with God, but not always. I don't believe the absolute absence of ego is the key, but I do believe that submission to God creates a "spiritual treaty."

J4SON, I understand your point. All I can do is speculate what God's will is by looking at what has happened. If something I was hoping for does not happen, I accept that it was God's will and figure that he has a better direction for me.

Deff, I agree with your point regarding good and evil, but that's not the issue I'm discussing. I'm talking about fortunate and unfortunate events.

Skystone, I like your example. Cancer could easily be considered as an unfortunate event. But I believe that bad things such as this occur to lead us in a direction according to God's will. Perhaps he wants me to suffer or die for a good reason? Perhaps the trials of enduring cancer and surviving are supposed to teach me something important? Like I said, all I can do is speculate. It's difficult to see the forest from the tress, but I am certain all of the good and bad things attribute to the harmony of God's will.

Ped, believing God is an ego-consciousness is not a mistake, just a personal belief. I believe God created to have his existence acknowledged, and that he made us in a fraction of his image. I do not believe God is an independent entity, but something that encompasses all of existence. Now here's where my beliefs get shady...did God summon life? Did he create something separate from himself for acknowledgment? Or did his existence split and divide into an endless number of "sub" existence? Anyway, I believe that closing the gap between myself and God lies in acknowledgment of him, and giving thanks for blessings.

FWG, I understand your point, but I do not believe duality is an illusion. It is a tool we use to classify parts of life's spectrum. Perhaps if it is overused, it can lead to illusion, but not in every case. Also, please do not laugh at my beliefs. I promise to pay the same level of respect to you and your beliefs. The "notion of God" is wide open to interpretation, and two of your posts contradict themselves.


--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

Edited by Viaggio (11/15/04 05:15 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Unfortunate Events... [Re: Viaggio]
    #3368814 -

I suppose that because I am limited to my perception of life, I cannot see the "big picture" that God has. The "good" and "bad" events I experience may only be a piece of God's will, which is filled with love and wisdom.

Comments? Criticism?


--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Unfortunate Events... [Re: Viaggio]
    #3368844 -

I once read God's Will and he left me everything in the event of his passing...


--------------------



The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Unfortunate Events... [Re: Swami]
    #3369059 -

"Duality is an illusion from the most unobstructed perspective. The unified yin and yang. The Way, Tao. "

oh i agree. duality IS an illusion, but so is our normal reality. and for that illusion to exist, we need the illusion of duality... for suffering to exist pleasure must also exist. This is why buddhists say that to escape suffering is to renounce desire. one leads inevitable into the other, thus continuing the cycle of life. this is the meaning of the yin yang symbol.

Tao, the source of all things, the unified yin and yang, cannot be described or named. thus it cannot be percieved. life, perception, is a continuous process of 'describing reality' to ourselves.

if we fully escaped duality thinking, we would enter nirvana 'the clear light' and we would percieve NOTHING. just pure being with no stimulus or sensation.


--------------------


Everything I post is fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Unfortunate Events... [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3369082 -

and what's stopping us? :cool:


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Unfortunate Events... [Re: deff]
    #3369092 -

the thing thats stopping us from 'leaving' is the thing that caused us to come here in the first place; a basic desire to play this fantastic game called life, with all its ups and downs.


--------------------


Everything I post is fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Unfortunate Events... [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3369255 -

I would accept that notion if I still believed in linear time, not that I can ever know with certainity the true nature of anything, but my experiences have led me to dismiss linear time altogether.

so, while I know your reply served mostly as an analogy, why don't we dig deeper into this hole? we may reach levels which will never be possible to begin to explain to others, but that is the cost, and it is a part of digging beyond any accepted 'knowledge' - from which our language is based off of.

the common answers arise, of us linearly travelling from source to illusional non-source, and once again to source. this would entail an oscillation, a wave nature of existence. but what if the variable of time was not linear like the visual wave model requires?

dig dig dig :cool:


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Unfortunate Events... [Re: deff]
    #3379551 -

Am I totally wrong, if I pretend 'good' and 'bad' have something strongly to do with harm ? In first personally, then more groupwise ?
So why should it be all that indifferent, subjective, dualistic or illusionary ?
Sure, what is is, but harm is also harm...

I think I missed something :wink:


--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
......................................................
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Unfortunate Events... [Re: BlueCoyote]
    #3379865 -

look outside self, outside species, outside labels of life, ect

there is no suffering 'switch'

there just is, and from that is, we fragments of allthatis apply isities from other ises.

look at the isness and not the isities :smile:

(as in, what is this 'harm' you speak of) :cool:


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* can you prove the existence of absolute, objective morality?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
Anonymous 23,311 157 12/21/04 06:31 AM
by deafpanda
* *cough* EXISTENCE *hack*
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
buttonion 22,720 173 03/19/04 12:03 AM
by Frog
* Finally! Proof of Gods Existence!!
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Mad_Buhdda_Abuser 8,271 87 03/03/10 04:27 PM
by Evolution
* Does Existence Imply That The Absolute God Is Suffering?
( 1 2 all )
Source 2,669 23 08/01/03 03:01 PM
by Malachi
* The existence of a God...
( 1 2 all )
SpecialEd 1,827 30 01/06/04 12:22 PM
by Anonymous
* God Exists
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Zahid 12,784 113 03/18/03 03:57 PM
by falcon
* aliens don't exist, I have proof
( 1 2 3 all )
chodamunky 12,750 58 09/26/02 04:53 AM
by In(di)go
* The imPERFECTion of THE Perfect RIDDLE.... PhanTomCat 3,131 17 01/18/14 06:37 AM
by Gomp

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
1,843 topic views. 1 members, 4 guests and 58 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 17 queries.