Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 787 | 788 | 789 | 790 | 791 | 792 | 793 | 794 | 795 | 796 | 797 | 798 | 799 | 800 | 801 | 802 | 803 | 804 | 805 | 806 | 807 |
Re: The official Psilocybe natalensis/ ochraceocentrata thread. [Re: Huskies]
    #29678950 -

Huskies said:
So, yesterday I started a new chapter with Ochra.

When I first started growing them, I wasn't tripping much. And, I made a big mistake that I won't make again, I cloned a plin from the swab plate and just trusted that it was the right culture.

THere was no overlay, and they fruited a lot. So win, right? Well, my lack of tripping enough made me not prioritize Ochras, and I grew a bunch of mediocre stuff.




When I read about people having bad outcomes it seems like it more often happens with a clone. If it's MS theres diversity and some may be weak and others strong, but with a clone you might get weak bottlenecks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official Psilocybe natalensis/ ochraceocentrata thread. [Re: Huskies] * 4
    #29678982 -

Huskies said:
Are y'all finding more inner enlightenment or trippy psychedelia with your ochras?



I mostly feel the difference in terms of body load and headspace. Ochras are far less "dark" or "heavy" in terms of both body load and visuals like shadowiness, slow melty molasses things, etc. More clean, buzzy, fast. I find this difference most pronounced in low doses. Past the 1.5 ochra / 3g cube mark, things start to even out and feel pretty similar.

The enlightenment bit might be more headspace than mushroom dependent.

There's a very insightful conversation w tree and icyurmt in this thread.

It's been my experience that ochras definitey feel different, but icyurmt makes some strong argments that it's placebo, and after tripping bigger on ochra and having it be much more cube like, i now don't know what to feel. I prefer ochras either way, but the jury's still out on how different they really are IMO.


--------------------


.~`  ๐”… ๐”ž ๐”ค ๐”ข ๐”ฉ  ๐Ÿฅฏ  ๐”… ๐”ฆ ๐”ฑ ๐”ข ๐”ฐ  `~.
:salute: CAKE WARS III HAPPENING NOW :salute:

๐Ÿงช Castellani Preservation | ๐Ÿ”ฌ The Slidewich | โ˜ ๏ธ Touchless skull sterilizer | ๐Ÿ“ธ Agar plate scanner


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official Psilocybe natalensis/ ochraceocentrata thread. [Re: Rasmodius] * 1
    #29679009 -

Theres a mouse study comparing synthetic psilocybin to a psilocybin mushroom extract that showed a difference in synaptic proteins. I've seen at least 2 similar experiments comparing head twitch responses and they had mixed results. In all cases the mice were unable to communicate their experiences so any inferences we can make on what effect minor alkaloids in active mushrooms may have are limited.


--------------------
what i've been growing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official Psilocybe natalensis/ ochraceocentrata thread. [Re: arlo.arlo] * 2
    #29679032 -

I'm beating a dead horse here, but I like Ochras specifically because they're different than any cube or exotic that I've ever taken.

I love mixing them with exotics for a Ochra feel that kicks like a horse.


--------------------
I've got skills, they don't know where to use me
I'm like the best dressed guy at the nude beach
Nice to meet you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official Psilocybe natalensis/ ochraceocentrata thread. [Re: Rasmodius] * 2
    #29679267 -

Rasmodius said:
Huskies said:
Are y'all finding more inner enlightenment or trippy psychedelia with your ochras?



I mostly feel the difference in terms of body load and headspace. Ochras are far less "dark" or "heavy" in terms of both body load and visuals like shadowiness, slow melty molasses things, etc. More clean, buzzy, fast. I find this difference most pronounced in low doses. Past the 1.5 ochra / 3g cube mark, things start to even out and feel pretty similar.

The enlightenment bit might be more headspace than mushroom dependent.

There's a very insightful conversation w tree and icyurmt in this thread.

It's been my experience that ochras definitey feel different, but icyurmt makes some strong argments that it's placebo, and after tripping bigger on ochra and having it be much more cube like, i now don't know what to feel. I prefer ochras either way, but the jury's still out on how different they really are IMO.



This is a great summary. Took a gram today and was ok in a very crowded social situation, followed with another gram 3 hours later (drinking beer all the while), ended up on the phone for an hour with an old friend and if anything was more together than if just on beer.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official Psilocybe natalensis/ ochraceocentrata thread. [Re: bluescreen]
    #29679284 -

Lol i used them 8 to 10 timesโ€ฆ and never again nothing is consistent with these 1 g could either kick my ass or hardly feel it
Everything was a lot darker than others
And yes, Iโ€™m experienced. Iโ€™ve been tripping since the 90s and this is what I have grown and used.


Golden teacher
B+
penis envy
albino penis envy
Amazon
Panaeolus mushrooms Hawaiian
Panaeolus Jamaican
Panaeolus bysporus
Panaeolus cambodginiensis
Atlantis #7 truffles
Atlantis #7 mushrooms
Cyan/wavy caps
Tidal wave
Avery albino
White golden teachers
Jack frost
Enigma
Hillbilly
Psilocybe mexicana : Strain-A(TM)
ochraceocentrata
Engile

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official Psilocybe natalensis/ ochraceocentrata thread. [Re: 99.99]
    #29679603 -

Maybe one reason they worked nicely was because I ground it up into a powder, originally 100g.

That truly is the great equalizer.


--------------------
I call them Huskies cause they Mush!


The Official Wild Cubensis Thread
Instant Pot Agar
Gnocchi Water Agar
Let's Talk Cowtek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official Psilocybe natalensis/ ochraceocentrata thread. [Re: Huskies]
    #29679703 -

Yes if youโ€™re grinding them up that definitely helps even out potencyโ€ฆ thats the best way to take them , the only thing is they degrade alot faster-in potency

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official Psilocybe natalensis/ ochraceocentrata thread. [Re: 99.99]
    #29679704 -

chocolates do a good job of containing it right?


--------------------
I call them Huskies cause they Mush!


The Official Wild Cubensis Thread
Instant Pot Agar
Gnocchi Water Agar
Let's Talk Cowtek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official Psilocybe natalensis/ ochraceocentrata thread. [Re: Huskies] * 1
    #29679714 -

My chocolate experience has been that i freeze my chocolate bars and took doses about 2 times a week and that lasted me for about a month and a half with no potency lost

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official Psilocybe natalensis/ ochraceocentrata thread. [Re: langten69] * 2
    #29679833 -

I made chocolates before and they seem to be a good idea. The problem I had is they always take like twice as long to work being in chocolate for some reason I donโ€™t know if itโ€™s because of all the material it must consume in your stomach or what
( I keep mine in the freezer)
I got way more than I could ever use so I just grow small amounts and grind them up and capsules now if they go bad in six months, who carers?


Edited by 99.99 (09/27/26 02:38 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official Psilocybe natalensis/ ochraceocentrata thread. [Re: 99.99] * 3
    #29680433 -

Rhizomorphic growth in this spore syringe inoculated jar.



--------------------
When my bird was looking at my computer monitor, I thought, "that bird has no idea what he's looking at." And yet, what does the bird do? Does he panic? No, he can't really panic, he just does the best he can... Youโ€™re that bird looking at the monitor, and youโ€™re thinking to yourself, โ€˜I can figure this out.โ€™ Maybe you have some bird ideas. Maybe thatโ€™s the best you can do.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official Psilocybe natalensis/ ochraceocentrata thread. [Re: brominegeek93]
    #29681049 -

Hey all

Earlier, someone was saying that cloning Ochra won't lock potency, but the discussion kinda faded away. So, was that statement correct or not?

Having cloned one little dude, I took a 600mg (fresh) bite, and I definitely felt it. Does this mean that the clones will have comparable potency? Cuz I sure want some predictability here.

P.S. it's my first micro-experience with Ochra. It does feel a bit more cerebral than cubes.


--------------------
You gave me a wonderful, wonderful world,
And you gave me eyes to see it,
And you gave me LSD to open them.

Edited by kyu (09/29/26 03:50 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official Psilocybe natalensis/ ochraceocentrata thread. [Re: kyu] * 1
    #29681304 -

Hard to say. Presuming potency variance is partly/mostly genetic, it will lock whatever those genetics are, which might still be high variance? Probably better than from spore. Predictability has been all over the place, seems to depend what you've got, but I've been running the same clones for years and it's been consistent.


--------------------


.~`  ๐”… ๐”ž ๐”ค ๐”ข ๐”ฉ  ๐Ÿฅฏ  ๐”… ๐”ฆ ๐”ฑ ๐”ข ๐”ฐ  `~.
:salute: CAKE WARS III HAPPENING NOW :salute:

๐Ÿงช Castellani Preservation | ๐Ÿ”ฌ The Slidewich | โ˜ ๏ธ Touchless skull sterilizer | ๐Ÿ“ธ Agar plate scanner


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official Psilocybe natalensis/ ochraceocentrata thread. [Re: Rasmodius] * 1
    #29681315 -

I'm sure cloning can be fine, my mistake was trusting an untested plate plin. Offered good growth but not a good trip.


--------------------
I call them Huskies cause they Mush!


The Official Wild Cubensis Thread
Instant Pot Agar
Gnocchi Water Agar
Let's Talk Cowtek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official Psilocybe natalensis/ ochraceocentrata thread. [Re: Huskies] * 3
    #29681970 -

Got a different clone from that โ€œwild printโ€ culture thatโ€™s putting out more of these goobers.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official Psilocybe natalensis/ ochraceocentrata thread. [Re: Marxcelium]
    #29681978 -

Holy fucking canopies I cannot wait to get that to grain (and spore!!!). That is insane.


--------------------


.~`  ๐”… ๐”ž ๐”ค ๐”ข ๐”ฉ  ๐Ÿฅฏ  ๐”… ๐”ฆ ๐”ฑ ๐”ข ๐”ฐ  `~.
:salute: CAKE WARS III HAPPENING NOW :salute:

๐Ÿงช Castellani Preservation | ๐Ÿ”ฌ The Slidewich | โ˜ ๏ธ Touchless skull sterilizer | ๐Ÿ“ธ Agar plate scanner


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official Psilocybe natalensis/ ochraceocentrata thread. [Re: Rasmodius] * 3
    #29681999 -

My first Ochra grow since 2024 is putting up mucho pins!

And with the least overlay I've ever gotten with Ochra (multispore from a 2023 outdoor print, went for about 6:1, lid barely attached, 4x the usual amount of holes in my tub haha)

I remember tripping on these so fondly, so I'm look forward to seeing em again.

The print was from one of these (pictax)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official Psilocybe natalensis/ ochraceocentrata thread. [Re: Lithop]
    #29682013 -

Lithop said:
My first Ochra grow since 2024 is putting up mucho pins!

And with the least overlay I've ever gotten with Ochra (multispore from a 2023 outdoor print, went for about 6:1, lid barely attached, 4x the usual amount of holes in my tub haha)

I remember tripping on these so fondly, so I'm look forward to seeing em again.

The print was from one of these (pictax)




Those are the prettiest Ochras I've seen in a long time man... The colour range with the Ochras and the flowers in the background looks sexy:naughty:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The official Psilocybe natalensis/ ochraceocentrata thread. [Re: SkanskKorv] * 1
    #29682029 -

:awesomenod:
Yeah bro they came up nicely outdoors that year, all my substrates done better busted up with various random companion plants than anything I was attempting indoors haha.
I love seeing the colour/ texture combos outdoors too, a real treat.






^the heat got those like teal/green. But I've lost the better pics.

And oh man... those outdoor ones were wondefully potent too. They had me & 2 friends fully shpongled all night while camping that year. Proper twilight zone shit
:oogieboogie:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 787 | 788 | 789 | 790 | 791 | 792 | 793 | 794 | 795 | 796 | 797 | 798 | 799 | 800 | 801 | 802 | 803 | 804 | 805 | 806 | 807 |

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 88 89 )
Hindsight 81,755 1,767 10/03/26 09:44 PM
by Noah Keeper
* The official PF TEK cultivation thread
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
callmehippieS 5,019 177 10/02/26 05:22 PM
by fahtster
* Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 552 553 )
nosf3r4tu 354,979 11,057 10/03/26 08:46 PM
by Asura
* The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion
( 1 2 3 4 ... 755 756 )
firstTIMER420 589,359 15,115 10/04/26 08:42 PM
by divineverdance
* Official Ps papuana Cultivation Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 20 21 )
wavyedge 16,194 416 09/28/26 12:39 AM
by Kloakk
* Genesis of the PF Redspore Psilocybe motamanM 7,836 16 12/05/03 08:59 AM
by Anonymous
* Psilocybe graveolens berto23 4,257 2 06/19/08 03:23 PM
by caliche
* Panaeolus cyanescens vs Psilocybe cyanescens
( 1 2 3 all )
JazzMatazz 60,463 43 11/25/14 05:30 PM
by 707godheadcymaster

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
629,953 topic views. 8 members, 77 guests and 204 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.045 seconds spending 0.022 seconds on 16 queries.