Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 |
Re: morel cultivation thread [Re: Soloist]
    #29195141 -

The tiniest bit of coffee + nutritional yeast+ karo &/or molasses  :awesomenod:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: morel cultivation thread [Re: LewDoja] * 1
    #29195256 -

LewDoja said:
The tiniest bit of coffee + nutritional yeast+ karo &/or molasses  :awesomenod:




I second this

Nitrogen from coffee

B vitamins especially B1 is important for cells ability to utilize glucose which nutritional yeast is loaded with vitamins

And karo = glucose/dextrose

Or

Molasses = sucrose

Which I’ve come to the conclusion that morels are sugar-philes in nature at least certain species


--------------------








Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: morel cultivation thread [Re: 7Suns]
    #29195610 -

My only experience is rufobrunnea, from you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: morel cultivation thread [Re: LewDoja]
    #29195637 -

LewDoja said:
My only experience is rufobrunnea, from you.



How’s that going btw? I have acquired some better genetics if you’re interested

I have an importuna and another rufobrunnea that are heavy stone producers

Cultures came from Bambus and my god they have the most sclerotia I’ve seen in any morel strain and it doesn’t even matter what agar medium they are that aggressive

I genuinely believe genetics and senescence plays a big part in morel cultivation too old and they stop making stones


--------------------








Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: morel cultivation thread [Re: 7Suns]
    #29196112 -


Morchella rufobrunnea

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: morel cultivation thread [Re: LewDoja]
    #29196148 -

What’s in the jar ? That’s pretty dense growth for rufobrunnea


--------------------








Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: morel cultivation thread [Re: LewDoja]
    #29196155 -

I think wheat, maybe some mixed grains... soaked in coffee.
Also a couple months consolidating,

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: morel cultivation thread [Re: LewDoja]
    #29196159 -

Very interesting i might need to run that culture again to compare them


--------------------








Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: morel cultivation thread [Re: 7Suns]
    #29196341 -

So what’s the deal with coffee?
(Sips coffee)

You say these guys like the added nitrogen?
That’s interesting. How much would you use in let’s say a 500ml agar batch?
..and you soak your grains in it too? Diluted or straight?


I think pans like added nitrogen too if I remember correctly.
That could come in handy, haha, we fucking love coffee:rofl:


--------------------
For it is only Darkness that crafts one to thrive in the Light. As illumination of the soul, its brilliance unmatched.
               
                    🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕
  :sporedrop:Gymnopilus subspectibilis grow log:sporedrop:             
•89g fresh subspectibilis tea•
•Rapéh Crafters•
• Gift yourself a healthy dose of Self banning•

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: morel cultivation thread [Re: Soloist]
    #29196412 -

Diluted of course, we hardly brew coffee here so I just add a pinch or two of grounds to the water...
Any little bit is going to be better than none, but start low cause it's easy to overdue (not sure about morels, they just may runaway with it)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: morel cultivation thread [Re: Soloist] * 1
    #29196423 -

Yea coffee, peptone, organic nitrogen and some nitrates will work, but avoid ammonium nitrates and nitrites

As far as dosage it’s really trial and error, but I can link some morel research papers that outline different recipes and optimizations


Something else I’ve recently found from observing nature and my personal experiments is that they love sucrose also B1 (thiamine) is a cell regulator that modulates cells abilities to utilize glucose

So I will be running more tests on table sugar, B1, and peptone


But I’ve done some testing with coffee and rice and the whole thing turned into a giant sclerotia lmao

I used 1 teaspoon of fresh coffee grounds not brewed
1 quart white rice and vermiculite 50/50
1 tablespoon karo syrup
1 teaspoon of nutritional yeast (high B vitamin source)


(Sugar/starch/nitrogen/B vitamins)

So if you follow this train of thought I’m sure you can tweak it for LC


--------------------








Edited by 7Suns (04/23/25 07:55 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: morel cultivation thread [Re: 7Suns]
    #29198075 -

Lew, so you use coffee with pans?
Pretty sure that once I’m finished with this virgin run of zaps then pans will be my next go.

As for as morels that’s really interesting, LC will be a strong target for me as I’d really like to nocc up some beds.
I can’t quite say for sure but I have a little hunch that these morels I’ve found in my yard might be liking spruce duff. I’ve found 3 so far growing from the crevice and from the edge of my sidewalk. Both spots have a build up of needles.
Any experience with that?
I’m in southern NY, Long Island.
From what I gather all the morels on iNat reported here are in wood chip beds. 

Have some good growth on my plates I think, either that or it’s contam af haha. Your eyes are better suited 7😁






--------------------
For it is only Darkness that crafts one to thrive in the Light. As illumination of the soul, its brilliance unmatched.
               
                    🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕
  :sporedrop:Gymnopilus subspectibilis grow log:sporedrop:             
•89g fresh subspectibilis tea•
•Rapéh Crafters•
• Gift yourself a healthy dose of Self banning•

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: morel cultivation thread [Re: Soloist] * 1
    #29198171 -

Good job Solo, that’s healthy clean morel myc

If it is a spruce loving species i would really appreciate a culture of this, I’ve been looking for coniferous eco type morels for a while now!!

But yea 2 seconds after enlarging the image and i knew it was right :awesomenod:


The branching and swelling of the tips plus it’s already starting to pick up some buff to tan coloration, yea you’re on the money

Hard to mess up with morel clones ones you recognize the correct mycelium


--------------------








Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: morel cultivation thread [Re: Soloist] * 1
    #29198183 -

No, just hpoo/black Kow is all that is really needed, look into Baba's liquid poo tek...

Sleepy Dave uses plant fertilizers and grows fk ton of pans... so there's that option too.

Edited by LewDoja (04/24/25 07:12 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: morel cult thread [Re: LewDoja]
    #29198276 -

What upppp my People....

      I'm currently trying to create the perfect environment for morel propagation. I am using an outdoor bed, that was already presupplemented with years (10+) of hardwood mulch being layered & never removed.. most of this is now soil.

        Partially disentegrated cedar hardwood chips have been cut from salvaged, buried cedar landscape border posts.... I am starting from spore, as well as have ordered a "starter mycelium kit" supposedly, to add to the mix ...

      - I'm looking for opinions on "layering" of substrate... Materials are: fallen leaves, hardwood mulch some of which I will be using to propagate further the initial spawn (hydrogen peroxide/heat pasteurized), wheat straw, & a pretty much pre-supplemented outdoor landscape bed...

            .... I have also been considering adding an amount of molasses to the landscape bed. When I add in the fresh hardwood potash.

            Thank you.


--------------------
Admirer of Bushido....... Seeker of Truth, and Knowledge.

    I Will Keep the Fire going,  and the Good Wolf fed.......

                    ( We Are All Threads from God.)

                 
                             

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: morel cult thread [Re: Threads from God89]
    #29198308 -

I could propagate a culture, as well. If there is any old friend that could donate to the cause...?

      ... Wink wink wink... 😂...

            I'll just keep an eye on my inbox... 😂 😂 😂.. Very interested in obtaining a culture friends. ✌️. Would respect it.


--------------------
Admirer of Bushido....... Seeker of Truth, and Knowledge.

    I Will Keep the Fire going,  and the Good Wolf fed.......

                    ( We Are All Threads from God.)

                 
                             

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: morel cultivation thread [Re: 7Suns]
    #29199126 -

7Suns said:
Good job Solo, that’s healthy clean morel myc

If it is a spruce loving species i would really appreciate a culture of this, I’ve been looking for coniferous eco type morels for a while now!!

But yea 2 seconds after enlarging the image and i knew it was right :awesomenod:


The branching and swelling of the tips plus it’s already starting to pick up some buff to tan coloration, yea you’re on the money

Hard to mess up with morel clones ones you recognize the correct mycelium




Sweet. Appreciate your help.
Yeah I can’t say for sure if it is conifer related.
I can takes pics of the habitat and you can judge…
but I’d be happy to send you a wedge at some point.


--------------------
For it is only Darkness that crafts one to thrive in the Light. As illumination of the soul, its brilliance unmatched.
               
                    🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕
  :sporedrop:Gymnopilus subspectibilis grow log:sporedrop:             
•89g fresh subspectibilis tea•
•Rapéh Crafters•
• Gift yourself a healthy dose of Self banning•

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: morel cultivation thread [Re: Soloist] * 2
    #29199200 -

Ok guys I’m finally back where I failed last time but fingers crossed we make it farther this go around !!

Here is an update on my current morel project, based on all my years of prior research these little fluorescent spheres are primordia, this is under a 7X magnification loop, so incredibly small, but they will elongate and get that classic bowling pin shape as time goes on but last time I got to this stage they aborted because my conditions were wrong but i believe I have them dialed in now so we will see what happens, it seems they take a very long time to reach maturity about 1-2 months after these primordial balls appear so bare with me as things progress I will try to update

Keep in mind this is all done indoors in a controlled tent so if I pull this off I will be publishing my work




--------------------








Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: morel cultivation thread [Re: 7Suns] * 1
    #29199515 -

Spruce is about 25’ away.
Nothing else but grass, dandelion and some local Allium around.


You can see the remnants of the small two I harvested in The top pic.


--------------------
For it is only Darkness that crafts one to thrive in the Light. As illumination of the soul, its brilliance unmatched.
               
                    🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕
  :sporedrop:Gymnopilus subspectibilis grow log:sporedrop:             
•89g fresh subspectibilis tea•
•Rapéh Crafters•
• Gift yourself a healthy dose of Self banning•

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: morel cultivation thread [Re: Soloist] * 2
    #29210889 -

Myc check (😏🙃)




How they look? Normal growth I hope 🤞🏻


--------------------
For it is only Darkness that crafts one to thrive in the Light. As illumination of the soul, its brilliance unmatched.
               
                    🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕
  :sporedrop:Gymnopilus subspectibilis grow log:sporedrop:             
•89g fresh subspectibilis tea•
•Rapéh Crafters•
• Gift yourself a healthy dose of Self banning•

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 |

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* morels and chanterelles to swap for maitake and hericum?
( 1 2 3 all )
ucsdmolpath 15,694 50 02/21/11 06:15 PM
by falcon
* Cultivated morels (outdoors only so far)
( 1 2 all )
WorkmanV 15,529 36 08/28/17 04:51 PM
by Mycolorado
* Morel spore syringe? Anonymous 3,537 15 04/25/03 07:40 PM
by DONOTDELETE
* Morel growing teks, substraights, pointers. Garret_Hill 12,031 9 04/02/02 06:17 PM
by Anonymous
* Growing Morels without cultures Chief_ 9,328 5 03/04/02 10:25 PM
by Azure
* What to do with morel spawn? Suntzu 3,032 4 05/19/01 05:19 PM
by Suntzu
* Runin? Morel AnnoA 5,283 9 06/23/01 12:41 AM
by Azure
* Some morel shots Suntzu 1,595 3 06/19/02 03:13 AM
by Suntzu

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: RogerRabbit, cronicr, Pastywhyte, Forrester, Stromrider, SHROOMSISAY01
277,680 topic views. 0 members, 5 guests and 7 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 18 queries.