Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 349 | 350 | 351 | 352 | 353 | 354 | 355 | 356 | 357 | 358 | 359 | 360 | 361 | 362 | 363 | 364 | 365 | 366 | 367 | 368 | 369 | | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Saraph]
    #27078943 -

This PEU culture likes to blue quite noticeably:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Stipe-n Cap] * 2
    #27079160 -

Looks like you buried a life saver lol

I’m still doing xfers so might throw up a few more pics. A t2 of lpeu. Sent a puck to LC


Edited by D3_Myc (12/08/20 06:05 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: D3_Myc]
    #27079385 -

D3monic said:




Sand dollar!


--------------------
“One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.”  - Henry Miller

LAGM v. 2.023
LAGM2021

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: jay.ach]
    #27079394 -

Lol, I was thinking the same thing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Saraph]
    #27080242 -

Saraph said:
Could they be sclerotia?



No.
Saraph said:
Where should I be taking my best cuts from?



From the leading edge of the fastest colonies.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Shu]
    #27080564 -



This grew up inside the container and dropped spores.  For fun and practice I was thinking of transferring those spores to a couple of new plates.  Should I drag a sterile swab over the spores and streak, or cut out a tiny sample and drop it?  Or is this a bad idea?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: adhoc]
    #27080595 -

Why not just clone it lol


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Yeetusdeetus]
    #27080634 -

:whathesaid:
:ytho:


--------------------


:sporedrop::aum:Pho's MushiAventures::aum::sporedrop:
:heartpump:My '21 GLOG:heartpump:
:peace: LAGM 2022 :peace:


Edited by Ababyphoenix (12/09/20 02:41 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Ababyphoenix]
    #27081159 -

First time seeing this crap. Any one have any idea what it is? Showed up on two completely different plates.



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: TheBoJim]
    #27081236 -

That's pin mold. It grows fast and it's gross as hell.

I think it's not too late to take a wedge from 6 o'clock to try and salvage the culture.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Josex]
    #27081254 -

Josex said:
That's pin mold. It grows fast and it's gross as hell.

I think it's not too late to take a wedge from 6 o'clock to try and salvage the culture.



Thank you Josex, doing some research on pin mold now. I have plenty plates with this culture so I just dumped it. I have been having bad luck lately and this is something new that I am not happy to see.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: TheBoJim]
    #27081310 -

By tomorrow night that will be full of black pinhead pube looking mold. I prefer molds that are super obvious like that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: D3_Myc]
    #27081389 -

I just poured my first plates yesterday and inoculated my first BRF cakes and agar dishes today! I'm a little concerned I didn't use enough MS solution on the cakes but I got a nice fat drop zig-zagged onto 10 plates (I'll likely do another 10 tomorrow). Stay tuned in about a week for pictures of some contaminated plates from a noob :lol:

You guys seriously make this shit look so easy! Cheers, mates!


--------------------



I :heart: 5318008


NOT a virgin!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: bigfootscreepyuncl]
    #27081419 -

Save your syringe man ten plates is 8 or 9 more than you’ll need. Twenty would just be insane.
There are so many spores that as long as some of the liquid from the syringe got to the plate you should be good.


Plus it’s always smart to wait and see what happens with the first batch in case something went wrong you won’t repeat it and then a couple days later realize you ruined a ton of plates.


--------------------
LAGM2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: A.k.a]
    #27081634 -

I have 2 plates that I'm suspicious about. Would appreciate someone's input. These are t1 from Ms


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Clc420]
    #27082033 -

My first print to agar using an inoculation loop is a success! It was my first time making germ plates so I made three



I chose the one where I could see the most (I don't know what to call them, fans, sectors, little strong growth spots). Most of the germination was all wispy and cottony. It's crazy to think of all the genetics going on down there in a germ plate. I just decided to grab the most thick uniform looking growth and these are the results



This is my favorite one so far


And here's one with some tomentose growth on the top of the sample.


I'm happy to have revived my GT's and gained experience with germ plates :dancer:
GOD BLESS THIS COMMUNITY  :phreaklove:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: CapMeh]
    #27082038 -

BTW does anyone know how to prevent the water deposits on the inside of the dish? Would using distilled water fuck with the agar recipe/ myc colonization?


--------------------

Edited by CapMeh (12/10/20 11:58 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: CapMeh]
    #27082171 -

I use distilled water for agar and never have a problem with it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: kanemush]
    #27082174 -

Distilled is the way to go.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Stipe-n Cap]
    #27082244 -

Some say not to use distilled but it’s all I use for just about everything. I’ve had mixed results using tap.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 349 | 350 | 351 | 352 | 353 | 354 | 355 | 356 | 357 | 358 | 359 | 360 | 361 | 362 | 363 | 364 | 365 | 366 | 367 | 368 | 369 | | Last >

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* buying agar - help sinisha 3,832 6 03/31/06 05:49 AM
by FractalXplora
* cheapest glass petri dishes, agar, dextrose, etc Fluxburn 8,385 8 02/14/05 07:57 AM
by Roadkill
* Potato Dextrose Agar X Malt Extract Agar Alegalize 7,003 8 02/25/05 11:03 AM
by agar
* test tubes agar fungophiliac 3,698 8 06/19/20 09:41 PM
by gorilliam
* LOOK! Big AGAR problem. Ever seen this? Not I. need advice BAD! agentstone 5,320 12 03/30/20 10:37 AM
by Surf707
* Agar and the global economy Dem_Bones 1,934 4 03/01/06 09:08 AM
by Dem_Bones
* Agar question WormholeSurfer 1,691 3 10/29/05 07:10 PM
by agar
* Agar's Home Made Compost recipe for bulk substrates
( 1 2 3 4 all )
agar 22,295 75 02/12/21 05:50 AM
by Bart84

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
774,958 topic views. 6 members, 104 guests and 89 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.037 seconds spending 0.016 seconds on 16 queries.