Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
InvisibleNichromeS
Decomposition Artist

Loc: Zone 5
Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: roarkell] * 1
    #27104067 - 12/23/20 01:58 PM (7 months, 2 days ago)

All swiped on the 1'st

P. Cubensis: Fiji "Monster"
  After 24 hours some germ action.

P. Caerulescens: wild spore from Georgia collected 2020
  24 hours still no germ.

G. Luteofolius: "BC"
  24 hours later we've got germ.

Edited by Nichrome (01/03/21 12:28 AM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Invisiblebigfootscreepyuncl
Stranger

Loc: Gamehenge
Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: Indulgence]
    #27104075 - 12/23/20 02:03 PM (7 months, 2 days ago)

There are quite a few people doing APEs this time, myself included. This will be fun to follow and hopefully collect good information from each other to see who comes out at the end with the most Envious Albino Cock lol

Mine is from an MS syringe so I'm preparing myself mentally for blobs and limited harvests. Cheers!

--------------------
Bigfoots LAGM21

InvisibleThe Fresh PrintsS
Smell ya later
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bel-Air Flag
Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: bigfootscreepyuncl]
    #27104084 - 12/23/20 02:07 PM (7 months, 2 days ago)

LAGM 2021

Genghis Chron

Here we go.

Made some changes. I'll be growing Melmac, APE and Syzygy.

Happy new year, y'all. I woke up drunk as a skunk and in pretty rough shape. Poured some plates soft and deep. I'm working with swabs, so I'm just gonna jam these suckers right into the dish. Down to my last 20 plates, but I just ordered 500 more. Hopefully celltreat ships quick šŸ¤ž.

Big thanks to Roarkell for the APE and One of Us for the syzygy swabs šŸ¤™

2X Melmac
2X APE
1X Syzygy
Germed 01/01/21 7:03 pm

01/02/21
TWC from the tribe giveaway arrived today.
I'll be throwing this on agar pretty soon here too

01/05/21

Both APE swabs are swamped with some milky bacteria šŸ˜¬. I'll wait and see if I get anything else I can try to clean up.

Both melmac plates are starting to pop. I jabbed this one into the agar, but it fell down and now its just chillin' on top.

No signs of life from syzygy yet. TWC is starting to germ, but nothing I can take a decent picture of yet.

01/16/21

Melmac and TWC are ready for T2s. If everything looks clean they'll hit grains in about a week. Syzygy is coming along, but a little slower than the rest.

01/23/21

I was convinced that my syzygy plates were 100% mold. Transfers looked disorganized and odd in one way or another. Went back to check out the germ plate, and...

Tons of mold and one little spot of rhizo. Looks like I might be able to save it.

01/26/21

Gonna send both of these TWC this weekend

And I'll probably send 5 of these melmac this weekend as well.

02/15/21

Pretty sure I saved this Syzygy plate. T1's almost looked viable, T2 was dropped on the floor and ended up clusterfucked, but I have high hopes for T3. You can see a plate pin forming on the germ plate (top left) at 9:00

This will probably be my final TWC transfer.

29 jars of melmac on grain, and 16 more to noc up tonight.

02/28/21

Finally spawned something. 8 bags of melmac, 37 on deck.

3/22/21

Got a few Melmac ready for harvest

40 more bags at various stages getting close šŸ¤™

4/21/21

TWC:

Syzygy:

And a dope pic of my dog:

Edited by The Fresh Prints (04/21/21 11:30 PM)

OfflineIndulgence

Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: bigfootscreepyuncl]
    #27104097 - 12/23/20 02:10 PM (7 months, 2 days ago)

Quote:

bigfootscreepyuncl said:
There are quite a few people doing APEs this time, myself included. This will be fun to follow and hopefully collect good information from each other to see who comes out at the end with the most Envious Albino Cock lol

Mine is from an MS syringe so I'm preparing myself mentally for blobs and limited harvests. Cheers!

Just use a good casing and it will prevent blobs.

OfflineGypsyBastard
Misanthrope
 User Gallery

Loc: The Mighty Boosh
Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: The Fresh Prints]
    #27104108 - 12/23/20 02:13 PM (7 months, 2 days ago)

Genghis Chron that sig pic if fucking SIIIIIIICK!! :wow:

Edit: Sorry, got distracted....
I'll get everyone linked up, Welcome aboard!!

Edited by GypsyBastard (12/23/20 02:14 PM)

OfflineroarkellS
The Roar Master!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Southern WI Flag
    #27104165 - 12/23/20 02:45 PM (7 months, 2 days ago)

Quote:

Indulgence said:
Quote:

Inthepit said:
:amanita2: :mushroom2::sporedrop: :amanita2: :mushroom2: :cubie::mushdance::mushdance::sporedrop: :amanita2: :mushroom2: :cubie::amanita2: :mushroom2:
In The Pit's LAGM 2021 GROW LOG

InThePit
Species: P. Cubensis
Variant:  APE

Battle of the APES! 
  See an SW syringe vs Roarkell swab in a battle to the death!
        ( death by noob )  :laugh2:

23 December 2020:

Tick Toc Arnie!

Im doing an ape too. New one,stabilized homesteads pe/melmak crossed with tat(albino teacher), to make an ape that doesn't blob and has great BE.

I've never had APE blob... is that something others are running into? I know APE doesn't tend to have the best BE but doing all that pheno hunting seems like you're trying to reinvent the wheel... lol

OfflineIndulgence

Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: roarkell]
    #27104174 - 12/23/20 02:51 PM (7 months, 2 days ago)

Quote:

roarkell said:
Quote:

Indulgence said:
Quote:

Inthepit said:
:amanita2: :mushroom2::sporedrop: :amanita2: :mushroom2: :cubie::mushdance::mushdance::sporedrop: :amanita2: :mushroom2: :cubie::amanita2: :mushroom2:
In The Pit's LAGM 2021 GROW LOG

InThePit
Variant:  APE

Battle of the APES! 
  See an SW syringe vs Roarkell swab in a battle to the death!
        ( death by noob )  :laugh2:

23 December 2020:

Tick Toc Arnie!

Im doing an ape too. New one,stabilized homesteads pe/melmak crossed with tat(albino teacher), to make an ape that doesn't blob and has great BE.

I've never had APE blob... is that something others are running into? I know APE doesn't tend to have the best BE but doing all that pheno hunting seems like you're trying to reinvent the wheel... lol

SW pe in general has a tendancy to blob, sw ape is a cross of pf albino and swpe so it has those issues too, along with bad BE. This new albino pe was worked on by a team of people over the past few years. Its been a passion project, not really reinventing the wheel. If you saw the flushes it throws out u would think its worth the effort.

OfflineInthepit
Aum Mani Padme Hum
Male User Gallery

Loc: Puerto Rico
Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: roarkell]
    #27104175 - 12/23/20 02:52 PM (7 months, 2 days ago)

Oh boy, looking forward to seeing APE grows.
Last time FilthyKnees sent out bunch of PESA as
a Tribe XMAS give away, so we had several PESA grows.

OfflineSold Out Online
Stranger Danger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: Inthepit]
    #27104179 - 12/23/20 02:57 PM (7 months, 2 days ago)

Iā€™m in.

P. Cubensis
PES Hawaiian

December 28:

Prepared some fresh plates, using rye soak/boil water for the first time. Really happy with how they came out. Now I just need to get my spores on time!

Got my spores in the mail a couple days ago but life happened and I didn't get to put anything to plate until today.

Here's hoping these nice fresh PESH I've got germinate fast so I can catch up to some of you folks!

January 8, 2021:

Cracked open this very nicely wrapped package I received from a meticulous man on the east coast.

Inoculation loop in hand, zig-zagged as best I could with this batch of very soft agar I made up for the purpose of playing with LI, but probably makes for excellent germination plates.

January 11, 2021:

First signs of germination on one of my PESH plates. Soft agar FTW. 1g agar, 7g LME, 500ml water

--------------------

Threads that have been useful to me:
Clean Spawn checklist for new growers

Edited by Sold Out Online (01/11/21 02:41 PM)

OfflineroarkellS
The Roar Master!
Male User Gallery

Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: Inthepit]
    #27104183 - 12/23/20 02:59 PM (7 months, 2 days ago)

@Indulgence, so is what you're running not currently released? Cuz I see nice ass APE grows pretty regularly... mine have been getting better with each subsequent grow but thats also from my inexperience when I first started with them on agar... now you've got me curious... lol

InvisibleJosex
#cheat_code
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: roarkell] * 1
    #27104199 - 12/23/20 03:09 PM (7 months, 2 days ago)

JOSEX' PENIS

December 26th.

Took some swabs from this grow:

January 1st.

I took one swab, wetted it and then took tiny pieces from it with the tip of the scalpel that I buried into 5 pucks.

January 6th.

There's not sign of life yet on the plates I inoculated on the 1st and tbh I'm noob-tripping over shit like maybe I took tinier pieces than usual from the swab and that maybe I killed my shit with the red hot scalpel. It's very soon to tell yet but these are fresh spores and I'm used to seeing germination in a matter of 3 or 4 days.

So I decided to inoculate 4 more pucks today with bigger pieces of the swab. Very likely I'll end up with all the 9 plates germinating but I did it anyway:

Those swabs are from a different grow that were a sparse bunch of giants with very dark gills full of spores:

January 17th.

Received a nice Christmas card from a friend and did things with it. :uptosomething:

January 29th.

If you never traded with filthy, do it! Hooks it up well beyond your wildest dreams. That being said I noc'd but a fraction that was in the filthy letter.

Also noc'd 3 lc's with the 3 things I was rocking for the LAGM.

February 7th.

Here's Gandalf. All the 3 LC's noc'd on the 29th are ready and I haven't even started to prep grain yet.

Some germination plates from swabs taken from the first tub in the growlog. They took way too long to germinate and grew very slowly at first but they seem to have picked up the pace finally. These genetics likes its rhizos:

Germination plate from swabs taken from the second tub (LS clone):

Gandalf (noc'd on Jan 17th):

Couldn't resist and noc'd more LC's from some of the plates posted.

Also, we have germination on PESA and APEU plates. :rockon:

February 12th.

LC's of gandalf, PE and PE(LS) hit the grain.

February 13th.

We've got germination on one whytegold plate and APEU is on LC (noc'd on the 11th), stoked for these.

February 13th.

72 hours in after inoculation, they got shook. Gandalf (on the left) seems to be much slower than PE:

Here I am hoping these jars make the cut for spawning.
This barley has given me a whole lot of shit and I'm currently doing a pretty extreme prep that seems to be having a very positive impact so far but I need further testing to know for sure that it works.

I could've chosen millet for the growlog as this source I have seems to be reliable but where's the fun to that? Took the ballsy option.

February 16th.

APEU hit the grain. The 200ml LC was barely 5 days old and had still at least 2 days to go but had enough myc in it to be used, fuggit.
Here's the remaining LC (.1% agar, .2% lme)

February 22nd.

The jars got a last shake today.
As I said I'm messing with an experimental prep for this known problematic barley and this final shake is what tells me whether the prep did its job fine or bacillus rears its ugly head.

I made important improvements for this prep since I made the jars pictured, so if they don't make the cut for spawning I'll try again with better prepped grain.

February 26th.

Couldn't spawn them sooner, this is what some jars look like a few days after that last shake at nearly 100%. I'm not stoked how they recovered:

Made a tub with the above and another with the ones below:

Better spawn from these cultures is on its way, so I opted to spawn just a couple tubs from this run and leave the gandalf jars out for now which ain't looking banging either after the recovery shake.

Whytegold hit the grain today and APEU will be ready to spawn in a few days.

March 9th.

Made a tub of gandalf (4qts of wheat to CVG, 1:2) and a bucket (3qts of barley to CVG, 1:1).
Also made some shoeboxes of APEU, spawn wasn't looking great.

March 17th.

Couple tubs of PE tightening up to pin. Also had another one that got cased a couple days ago.

Spawned a tub of WG yesterday.

Also have some jars APEU spawn finishing up.

I spawned some shoeboxes of APEU spawn that wasn't looking great and they seem to be doing ok so far.
PESA took a bit of cleaning up but it's finally in LC, will hit grains in 3-4 days.

March 28th.

Couple PE tubs pinning after a bit more than a month. I'd be bummed with the pinset but these usually start like this and then fill up nicely in the end. I should have patched the first tub though.

Lone early bird... but a wizard is never late or early or so they say.

APEU.

March 30th.

Looking pretty much like its father. This is the pheno I'm after that I'm growing from gen to gen to try and stabilize it.
I'm not liking that it's growing all lopsided but since it's PE and doesn't drop spores I can wait for the stragglers to catch up.
I think some of these are going to be +100 grammers judging by how them peens make the tub look like a little shoebox.

Another tub from the same swab, different culture. I have the impression these are not going to be the same pheno I'm after, early to tell though.

PE (LS) is pinning too, will take pics soon.

APEU. One quart jar of questionable spawn split into those two 1,2L containers. Fruits grow slow and thick.

Shroomery got hacked for 22 days, things happened during that time.

PE (giant pheno with open wavy caps)

Used a swab taken from this tub for my LAGM:

I grew out 3 different cultures from said swab. This pheno wasn't as stable as I thought it would be but at least I was lucky to get a tub that looked exactly like its father, so I took swabs from it to start some f4 grows.

TUB 1 progression (visually identical to its father). Pics from March 27 to April 3.

TUB 2 progression (similar to its father but definitely not the same pheno). Pics from March 27 to April 5.

TUB 3, blob town. April 8:

PE LS (Lone Survivor pheno)

Used a swab taken from this tub:

I wasn't super stoked about growing out this pheno so I only grew one tub (although I have a current bucket about to pin).
Turned out it exceeded my expectations in the end and now I'm looking forward to grow the next generation.
They have a thing for making the tub look like a little shoebox.

Progression from April 4 to April 8:

APEU

First time growing this variety and found it simply amazing. It's a freak that belongs in a zoo.

TUB 1 (had to dubtub that shit), progression from April 10 to April 14.

TUB 2, just 2 pics from April 12 to 14.

Now some 1,2L boxes, only half a myco quart of spawn per box.

Shout out to filthyknees for them spores. :cheers:

GANDALF, the BIG

Didn't give a damn about this grow, took forever to fruit and didn't even touch the top layer, was just keeping it to see when it'd mold out.

A bucket that was spawned on March first, 3qts of barley spawn to CVG (1:1). Progression from April 9 to April 12.

Cron was the man to spread the spores.:rockon:

Whytegold

Unfortunately, lots of thangs that weren't whytegold. It made for a curious pic, there were a ton of different phenos in the tub, each doing their own thing. April 11 to 17.

Now a couple 1,2L boxes that were totally neglected but performed much better than the tub. They came from the same WG LC but threw mostly that leucistic pheno.

PESA. Today, April 22.

Starting to pin.

PESA. Today, April 27.

No +100 grammers this time, just a bunch of shorties.

END

:cookiemonster: :elmo:

Edited by Josex (04/27/21 04:11 PM)

Offlinestarbones
I'm an alien, I eat uranium.
I'm a teapot

Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: GypsyBastard]
    #27104218 - 12/23/20 03:18 PM (7 months, 2 days ago)

I'm in.

I'll start some new plates January 1st.
Penis Envy Uncut
Penis Envy
Melmak

Edit: Wanna do a SXSXS PEU/PE/Melmak

Will be doing my spawn to bulk in muda-esque bottles in "mudatubs"

--------------------
Listen, I'm steel fisted with the iron lung
Heavy metal ballads out the guitar where lions run.

Edited by starbones (12/23/20 03:31 PM)

Invisibleallthespores

Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: GypsyBastard]
    #27104255 - 12/23/20 03:40 PM (7 months, 2 days ago)

:amanitajar: :shroomjar:    allthespores LAGM2021 Grow log  :shroomjar: :amanitajar:

Species: Pan. Cyanescens
Variant: Florida

Starting with -4- 7 black MEA+hpoo straw pellets no pour petri dishes.
I'm going to leave them inside my SAB until 1.1. to dry out any water/condensation.

Well that was a very bad start, although it looked promising at first.
Damaged one glass petri dish, straw clogged the syringe so I had to pour from the pot and the mixture wasn't fluid at all.
Need to measure ingredients more precisely and only use straw powder.
Used 12,5g agar and 10g malt extract/500ml water for calculation.
Made a 150ml mixture, pced 1h. If they didnt boil over i will use them or do it all again next year.

Im going to grow without manure, straw only. (Pictures Stamets)

Happy new year everyone.:mushroom2:

The plates turned out okay.
Inoculated 4 with a nice print, thx FSE. Kept 3 for further work, but they might already be contaminated.

I have 2 major issues with no-pour plates.
One is water. My plates are covered in water inside and outside as you can see.
This leads to the next problem.
Needing to use a "dirty" paper towel to soak up the water outside for the wrapping to hold on to the plate.
The only solution probably is using a different dish/jar for no pours.
But i really want this to succeed, hoping for one clean plate. :cheers: 

the swamp shows first signs of growth in 2 plates.

3 plates show good growth. no contams yet.  :awesome:
should i take some mycel from all of them, if i want to do 4 jars of wbs  or is there something better i should do?
I have no experience working with plates, so im clueless what to do with more then one.
Thinking about storing one, transfer one and the third goes to grain.

looking good so far. i like the speed of them all. no obvious contams.
few more days and the top left dish will be used for wbs.

one plate got a discoloration in the mycel near the point of inoculation(bottom right), maybe thats a contam.
not visible in the photo, will try to take a better one.
this one i will use for transfers.

wanted to share this picture, because of how the different strains(?) show on the plate, encapsulating the slower ones.
got the water condensing on the agar by removing the mugs.

inoculated 4 jars of wbs+gypsum today.
i used small pieces of mycel and will try to shake them after a few days.
hoping everything went well and 2 get colonized for 1 tray.

this is what my jars look like today. the mycel recovered very well.
im in a bit of a hurry since i have stuff coming up that i need to travel for.
thats why i skipped transfers for now, but i have stored all germ plates including the plate i took pieces from for the jars with the leading edges intact.

one week after inoculation and shaking one time.
a little bit of condensation, but i have observed it as normal in my incubator so im not worried.
noticed that the pan mycel really loved shaking, it looked a bit like stalling/slowing down before.
sadly i wont be able to finish this grow just now. work has come up faster then i had hoped, so the jars go in the fridge for about 5-6 weeks by the end of january.

the second week has passed for the jars and they are not fully colonized yet. i didnt shake them anymore so progress is much slower but very thoroughly.

--------------------
LAGM2021 Grow log

Edited by allthespores (01/25/21 11:16 AM)

OfflineIndulgence

Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: roarkell] * 2
    #27104287 - 12/23/20 04:02 PM (7 months, 2 days ago)

Quote:

roarkell said:
@Indulgence, so is what you're running not currently released? Cuz I see nice ass APE grows pretty regularly... mine have been getting better with each subsequent grow but thats also from my inexperience when I first started with them on agar... now you've got me curious... lol

Released a couple weeks ago, i havent ran it yet but this is a pic from my buddys grow after it was stabilized.

Edited by Indulgence (12/24/20 12:05 AM)

InvisibleJosex
#cheat_code
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: Indulgence] * 1
    #27104318 - 12/23/20 04:23 PM (7 months, 2 days ago)

:splooge:

--------------------
LC's are easy
Go big with No-pours
Clean yo shit
LAGM '21

PHENO HUNTERS

OfflineBallzagna
Carb Daddy
Male

Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: GypsyBastard] * 1
    #27104361 - 12/23/20 05:02 PM (7 months, 2 days ago)

:dancingshroom: LAGM:dancingshroom:
Ballz on Ya
Varieties: LPEU, APE, Yeti

Late Entry: Pan Cyan: F.S.U.

6 APE plates, swiped two each and I had no germination last time I tried so this time I used both swabs and jammed the bastards in the last plates after swiping so hopefully something takes, been wanting to run APE for over a year now
3 Yeti, swiped two and jammed again after swiping, still one swab on reserve
2 LPEU, I had no issues with these last time so just went with 2

Super stoked to be doing this with all you beautiful people! :pipesmoke::heart:

~*~1/4/21 UPDATE~*~
Decided to try my first pan cyan grow in this log as well so I'm going to get that on agar when I take transfers in a day or two. The print is labeled Pan Cyan: F.S.U. so if varieties work like cubes do then my assumption is the original wild specimen was collected near FSU in Florida or some other place with that abbreviation? If someone could enlighten me how that works I'd appreciate it, I obviously have some research to do while those spores get to work though.

Yeti plates have great germination, didn't even check the one with the swab jammed in it. Very pleased with these results after no success with my first attempt using a swab instead of a print. Went a little crazy with the swiping but I want to be sure to get some germination somewhere

LPEU with some faint germ'in but it's coming along, only one plate was pictureable it's tough to see but it's there

Still nothin doin on the APEs but hopes are still high

=+-1/11/21 UPDATE-+=

Got some germination on the Pan Cyan FSU plates, swabbed on the 5th. Transferred tonight along with some other stuff I had going

APE swab jammers are a fucking mess. One might have some viable growth near the swab itself. I took a transfer but I'm not hopeful. Another plate that got swiped had one spot of growth that looked decent so I took a couple transfers off that.

APE4 the apparent chosen one:

T1 Plates: LPEU and Yeti are looking great. One Yeti clearly needs a transfer but most are looking very good, 6 in total.

One LPEU plate caught a spot of mold and another T1 just didn't take but the other two are looking very good.

So far so swell. First time juggling this many varieties. I also have RW, WG, TC, KSSS, and PE all running from last year. Also it's my birthday at this point I guess since it's after midnight and technically the 11th so w00t for that :pipesmoke: :birthday:

====1/19 UPDATE====

Yeti germ plate taking off on oats

Yeti and LPEU T1s ready for grain tomorrow after some transfers finally taken today. Tbh shoulda had them on grain like Sunday but life had other plans, also ran out of lids for new grain jars so making more set me back another day. Lost a couple LPEU plates, one to mold and one just didn't take, so 2 left and then 6 yeti

Pan Cyan plates are looking good I think. I read that you want fast wispy growth, I think the second one is more what I'm going for? Anyone with experience have some input? Gonna go get some millet and do up some jars for these.

APE is slow but that's to be expected. The original germ plate APE4 still looks decent, all the rest have been chucked. Only one T1 made it out without mold, slow going but looking ok to me.

I have some more catching up to do on everyone else's posts but looking good from what I've seen!

Quick update 1/22

Pans: one T1 molded, took transfers from 2/3 of the remainders and dropped all 3 to some millet'

Yeti/LPEU:
Dropped the T1s to oats, T2s have good takeoff from the transfers. Germ plates dropped to grain have good take off, prob will shake in a couple days.

APE:
Plugging away slowly, germ plate still looks okish and T1 slow but sure, probably gonna take a transfer in a couple days also

~~~2/2 Update

APE is the wonkiest fucking thing I've ever seen

I have a T1 plate with what appears to be myc? it's far too slow to be anything else but it just looks... fucked for lack of a better work. I took a piece of the germ plate from where the transfer came from and put it to grain a week or so ago and it didn't turn into mold so it's gotta be myc but holy fucking shit is it slow. I know it's supposed to be slow like that but I didn't expect it to be like this lol

In other news, dropped T2 plates to grain today, 6 yeti. One yeti germ plate jar has made it through the gauntlet and should be ready to spawn in a few days, all the others have fallen in battle. All LPEU and Yeti T1s are due for a shake but I'm giving them an extra day or two to keep the timeline with my other projects manageable. Between 6 T1 and 6 T2 surely I'll find a good clone so I didn't take any T3. The LPEU T2 plates I'm going to take a transfer from before dropping since there's only 2, prob should have done that today while I was in the SAB but didn't think of it.

~~~~2/25 Update (sorry for the sparse posting, nothing really exciting to document but should be finally picking back up)

Yeti pins from the one germ plate

Yesterday morning and tonight

LPEU T1 shoeboxes are coming along, should have pins soon so I'll update with pics when that happens. APE T2 was looking good, took a transfer and dropped the plate to grain yesterday. Pan jars have all but stalled, one might make it but it's been quite a while so idk the viability of it. I still have a culture on agar that I'm going to try to salvage, probably gonna go back to spores and start over though.

Spawned some T2s of a bunch of stuff, plenty more spawning over the next week and after that a bunch of clones to take and prints/swabs to make, and then a good old fashioned clone hunt

~~~2/27 Update~~~

Yeti germ plate shoebox gettin there, starting to see some waves on the caps as they develop. Gonna attempt to get a couple prints and then take a shit ton of swabs for an eventual giveaway

LPEU T1 coming along, a lone pin with a buncha knots

Yeti T1 shoeboxes pinning, edited the update post on 2/28 because I realized I'm a high idiot and thought the second one was LPEU but it was actually yeti, got a bit of reverting going, curious to see how they'll do.

Pans are stalled, gonna go back to spores hopefully tomorrow if I can be bothered to get to the SAB, been doing a lot of spawning and harvesting lately. Prob gonna try the pan cyan bama from another user while I'm at it, surely I'll get something viable eventually lol also definitely gonna switch to pint jars for the cyans

3/2 Update

Yeti germ plate is about ready, gonna harvest in the morning and deal with clones/swabs and such. Got a little myc fuzz on the caps, not sure what that's about. Yeti T1 revert doing some funky things, picked the matured ones after this picture, gonna harvest the rest in the morning.

LPEU pinning nicely, didn't snap a pic, just a buncha spawnin and waitin for a bit. Got another Yeti T1 on the way, only had a couple revert pins so we'll see what it does.

Swabbed the FSU spores again along with some bama so hopefully I'll get something good out of one of those for pans.

APE T2 jar coming along nicely, T3 being dropped tomorrow I think? Or it was already dropped idr

Edited by Ballzagna (03/02/21 11:51 PM)

Invisiblemushhead
I'm a teapot

Loc: Dimension J-889
Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: Ballzagna]
    #27104362 - 12/23/20 05:03 PM (7 months, 2 days ago)

I really wanted to do Yeti for this LAGM but couldn't find any spore.

OfflineOne of Us
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: mushhead]
    #27104409 - 12/23/20 05:35 PM (7 months, 2 days ago)

LAGM 2021

presented by

One of Us

This year I'll be growing:
P. Cubensis var pearly gates
P. Subcubensis
P. cyanescens
P. Caerulipes
And an unknown pan species from SA

January 1st, all spores went to agar:
5 plates streaked with the pan

4 plates streaked with Pearly gates

3 plates streaked with subcubensis

3 plates Ps. Cyan (from syringe. One drop rolled around on each plate)

2 plates caerulipes. Only two because, in my hungover haze, I dropped and compromised the other two I had prepared. It was especially frustrating because I don't have many spores to work with. My print is the size of a smartie (candy). Out of fear of screwing up again, I will see how these turn out first, before streaking more plates.

January 9 2021:

Ok, so the pan plates blew tf up. Should've checked on them earlier. I don't have much experience with pans, so my plan is to take 15-20 transfers from these plates, and take each of those to at least t3 before growing each culture in a small tray. I'll use a Jcm style FC

I will also be taking transfers from the Pearly gates  today:

I've got germination on the subcubensis and ps. Cyanescens at the moment as well, but I'll let these grow out a bit more.

No sign of life from the caerulipes plates as of yet.....

January 17, 2021

Pans

I think my pan plates are really clean for T1s.  Actually, the germ plates looked immaculate, as well, and each colony looked nearly identical. I may put some to grain when I take the T2s. Lets just hope I can get my FC together in time. these things are crazy fast. I had no idea it would be such a breeze to get to this point. Heres a pic of one plate, all others look extremely similar:

Pearly gates

Here's how the T1s look today. I may take another transfer or two.

Subcubensis:
These T1s look great too. maybe another transfer.

Ps. Cyanescens
I let the germ plate grow out a bit and found some nice rhizos. I will take transfers today:

January 22, 2021

Quick update, I finally got around to getting some t2s done on the pearly gates, and the subcubensis

Pearly gates

Subcubensis

I also took t1s from the Ps. Cyan and t3s from the pans on the 20th, but didn't get pictures

March 3

Man, I've been falling behind on updates. Not much has happened tho really. I'm still on agar. I let my plates get overgrown due to negligence, and I am only just getting back to where I like it.

I just took transfers yesterday, so I'll wait till those grow out a bit before I take some pics.

But for now, check out my pearly gates swab dunk plate. It's even got a lil pin hangin up side down off the lid:

Edited by One of Us (03/03/21 11:14 PM)

OfflineroarkellS
The Roar Master!
Male User Gallery

#27104415 - 12/23/20 05:41 PM (7 months, 2 days ago)

Quote:

Indulgence said:
Quote:

roarkell said:

Released a couple weeks ago, i havent ran it yet but this is a pic from my buddy michaels grow after it was stabilized.

Yeah... im gonna need a swab of that... lol... that looks incredible! Hope your grow looks like that!

OfflineIndulgence

Re: LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021 [Re: One of Us]
    #27104472 - 12/23/20 06:25 PM (7 months, 2 days ago)

Quote:

One of Us said:
Count me in!

I just hope I am not over ambitious, so many I want to grow. I think I'll just pick a few for now, but will probably have some surprise additions come January 1st...

For now the list is:
P. Cubensis var. TAM/Pearly Gates

The unknown south African pan, found by zifozonke last year.

Psi. Cyan

P. Caerulipes

Nice, another pearly gates. Was wondering if anyone else was gonna do it. I took a few swabs to agar a couple weeks ago and got clean myc but i got a few more swabs to start on the first.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale