Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: spaztastic]
    #26583064 -

Yeah thanks migraineur. I had seen the coir at woolies and its on the shopping list.

And thanks spaztastic. I was going to grab a big bag of wbs but i might check out pure wheat grain. I have a mate who works in a farm produce store so I'll ask him if they have it.

My b+ are almost ready for bulk and i was planning on doing some g2g with it as well.

On another note. I made some agar today and totally missed picking up a lid off a dish and spilled the mixture in my sab. Not much wasted but still a stupid thing to do. Anyone else done this too?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: AyEyDiZed]
    #26585555 -

Rightio,

Just splurged and bought 23 qrt presto Pressure cooker from Newgenerationpreserving on ebay.com.au. Along with 12 x ball quart jars (for grains) and 12 x ball 4oz jars (for no pour agar). The price of the cookers seems to have gone up a bit lately, i think its cause the new stock came out and the dollar is so shit right now... Anyway will no doubt be a lasting investment

Also have been picking up more tubs every few days at bunnings. They have a 4 item limit atm for storage containers, not sure way cause they seemed to have truckloads there, but anywho its crazy times.

Also is it the 10kg bag of "clay breaker gypsum" thats the gypsum people are getting from bunnings? cause thats the one i got lol. looks like enough to last a life time.

Also is there anywhere to get cheap filter discs in aus that fit the mason jars, or are people just sticking to taping up their air holes with micropore? thats what ive been doing for my cakes.

cheers fullas :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: spaztastic]
    #26586202 -

spaztastic said:
As far as the isopropyl is concerned



92-95% Ethyl   

:bearbreakdance:




Noice. Is that a copper version of the turbo 500 still? How much does every batch of ethanol cost and how much of the 92-95% ethanol do you get from each run?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: Tarnwyn]
    #26586230 -

Tarnwyn said:
Rightio,

Just splurged and bought 23 qrt presto Pressure cooker from Newgenerationpreserving on ebay.com.au. Along with 12 x ball quart jars (for grains) and 12 x ball 4oz jars (for no pour agar). The price of the cookers seems to have gone up a bit lately, i think its cause the new stock came out and the dollar is so shit right now... Anyway will no doubt be a lasting investment

Also have been picking up more tubs every few days at bunnings. They have a 4 item limit atm for storage containers, not sure way cause they seemed to have truckloads there, but anywho its crazy times.

Also is it the 10kg bag of "clay breaker gypsum" thats the gypsum people are getting from bunnings? cause thats the one i got lol. looks like enough to last a life time.

Also is there anywhere to get cheap filter discs in aus that fit the mason jars, or are people just sticking to taping up their air holes with micropore? thats what ive been doing for my cakes.

cheers fullas :mushroom2:



Yeah, the dollar is performing so badly. I was lucky enough to buy some things when the dollar was better. I would hate to have bought my flow hood, All American 921 and 75x at the current exchange rate.

Check eBay, Amazon and places like Myco Supply for synthetic filter discs prices. They're great and I siill have mine from when I started. Don't worry if they get stains because they're still good.

You got the right gypsum and it's what I use. If you add it when spawning to bulk then you'll get a boost in your yield. You can add a cup of it to Damion5050's how to do coir bucket tek. Use a sieve to keep the rocks and shit out and put it in your water that you're going to pasteurise your coir and vermiculite with.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: migraineur]
    #26586985 -

migraineur said:
Noice. Is that a copper version of the turbo 500 still? How much does every batch of ethanol cost and how much of the 92-95% ethanol do you get from each run?




It is indeed, T500 Copper 30% of the saddles I use are copper too.
I will have to double check on the costs because I use the old girls staff account that she still has after retiring from Mitre 10.

I think with 4x 2kg of Turbo Sugar, Yeast, Carbon and Turbo Clear (without flavoring) is about $65-$75 ish.

If you have the right conditions and got the right yeast, I have gotten anywhere between 3lt-5lts.
The lower end is when I try experimenting and fucking around with different ingredients.
I am currently trying a 8kg Turbo Sugar with 1kg powdered corn syrup, no carbon and after a day FUCK ME THE GARAGE STINKS! hahahahaha
I mean you normally get smell but fuck this is potent.

I am gunna start making some Sanitizers and such.
People hoarding toilet paper..... Its Alcohol, Tobacco, Weed, Shrooms and other drugs like this that will help you survive the apocalypse.
System will end up back to old school trading and all the addicts will need to do something for their vice.
HAHAHAHAHAH

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: spaztastic]
    #26587656 -

Surely it can't cost $65 - $75 for each batch. I'm going to Google the cost of each product and the cost of the electricity to see what I can come up with. I won't take the labour or cost of the still into consideration. The labour would be the expensive part but if you're making it for yourself and can't get alcohol from anywhere else because of shortages then you're laughing. People are price gouging on eBay at the moment.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: migraineur]
    #26587689 -

I just check the last receipt.

Including GST, Discount etc to do the batch without the flavouring is about $37.

I don't worry about electricity or shit like that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: spaztastic]
    #26591815 -

Hi guys,

Any alternatives for sterilisation!? I can’t seem to get my hands on isopropyl or rubbing alcohol.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: rmsh101]
    #26592016 -

I suppose the next "best thing" would be unscented Metho, if you can get that.

Not 100% sure.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: spaztastic]
    #26592169 -

You can get it on ebay but it's pricey. The alternative is to get into distilling so you can make your own.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: migraineur]
    #26592495 -

Ive been ripped off on ebay. Ordered a bottle and it never showed up. Might have to try again.
Also appreciate the suggestion to distill my own but one new hobby is enough for the moment! Haha

I did manage to get my hands on some sanitiser today. Its 70% ethyl alcohol. Ive seen a few posts suggesting you need 90%+ any truth to this or should it be fine?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: rmsh101]
    #26592509 -

Well 70% isoproyl is what you should be using so not sure if the hand sanitiser is the same.

On a related note we made hand sanitiser with the iso and pure aloe vera.

I was lucky enough to get 5L worth before covid happened.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: AyEyDiZed]
    #26594239 -

AyEyDiZed said:
Well 70% isoproyl is what you should be using so not sure if the hand sanitiser is the same.

On a related note we made hand sanitiser with the iso and pure aloe vera.

I was lucky enough to get 5L worth before covid happened.



Same. I got a 5L jug and I had a couple of litres remaining in my old jug.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: spaztastic]
    #26601920 -

AyEyDiZed said:
I have also been experimenting with charcoal and once its all done I'll write up a grow log. But i made some pf jars with only brf and charcoal. Two different variaties (cuban and texas orange cap). All showing great growth. These are a few of the TOC.





I have innoc a jar of Charcoal. I didn't use BRF but I did use the LC Powder you get from aussimushroomsupplies.

Soaked it for 30mins in a solution of LC and then sprinkled with LC powder, growth is starting and will upload pictures soon.



Also decided to experiment with another innoc method. I was looking at some Cotton Balls a few weeks back and thought why not!
I make some LC up, dyed it with colouring to see the mycelium develop and soaked the balls in the LC. PC as normal then MS.
It ate up all the colouring and I an pretty sure they were ready so I dropped one in a jar of grain.
Its been slow so far but growth is showing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: spaztastic]
    #26604180 -

Cool man. Look forward to seeing your results.

I'll post more too but i put two jars of texas orange cap to bulk today. They colonised quickly so thought I'll give it a shot. That and i haven't been to bunnings to get sgfc supplies.



Cotton sounds interesting. Keep us posted.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: AyEyDiZed]
    #26616469 -

Found this at Coles. It says 100% verm but it is cat litter. It's also cheaper per volume than the bunnings stuff. 15L for $15 compared to 5L for $9.95 at bunnings.



Any concerns or do you all think its OK to use?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: AyEyDiZed]
    #26616521 -

Holy fuck mate, charcoal. nice thinking.
also for perlite, check horse supplies places. I get 100L bag for $35.
also, you'll have to teach me agar one day. i learn better in person.

Edited by tyggriffic (04/20/20 10:31 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: tyggriffic]
    #26616600 -

It's cheaper buying a huge bag of vermiculite from a hydroponic shop. However, it's good to know I can get some from Coles if I'm having trouble locating some from a hydroponic shop. Thanks for the tip.

Why do horse shops sell perlite? What do they use it for?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: migraineur]
    #26616615 -

i believe they use it in the stables to absorb urine mixed with the straw, could be wrong. i have no idea, but it's a good cheap alternative for bulk

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: tyggriffic]
    #26616819 -

Hi all - looking to get started on my research and was going to get some spores from one of the traders on the reddit boards... anyone know how stealthy these transactions need to be?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | | Last >

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 2164 2165 )
Fantastic Mr. Fox 1,308,955 43,285 10/07/26 10:09 PM
by Baba Yaga
* Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 88 89 )
Hindsight 82,026 1,775 10/07/26 04:28 AM
by Noah Keeper
* The Official TAT Family Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 65 66 )
tiptrippy 89,124 1,308 08/21/26 08:37 AM
by Smartattack
* Done with the hobby and looking to sell the bulk of my investment/equipment ShroomNugget 310 4 01/18/26 05:21 PM
by Yawnsalot
* Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day
( 1 2 3 4 ... 8722 8723 )
saralove 5,228,544 174,451 10/08/26 12:30 AM
by 0_tonin
* The Cultivation Confessional Booth - The Unofficial Cultivation Off Topic Discussion.
( 1 2 3 4 ... 1490 1491 )
BeefExtreme 467,732 29,814 10/08/26 03:28 AM
by AstroSporeFiend
* mycology equipment/supplies/etc for sale! rhizome 2,330 10 11/16/03 03:01 PM
by Bugsbunny
* Important - All Cultivators please read.
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
ThorA 43,987 103 05/31/05 03:35 AM
by Anno

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
24,791 topic views. 17 members, 52 guests and 135 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.037 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.