Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: migraineur]
    #26558335 -

I use it as a graffiti remover mixed with limonene it's great for painted surfaces.

I run a business doing this and commercial cleaning.

Currently I have branched out to fog fumigation for Covid19 but PPE and TGA approved disinfectants are extremely hard to find. A lot of us have banded together to source what we can at this stage.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: siiren]
    #26558393 -

That's horrible when you rely on it for your job. How much alcohol does your job normally require per week?

I use it for mycology, gardening, to clean glass, glasses, my face, cuts and grazes, to clean electronics, to fix my girlfriend's makeup and other things that I can't think of at the moment.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: migraineur]
    #26563682 -

This is the b+ recovering great from the shake. Hopefully in a week or two it's ready for bulk.


Now this one is a South African Transki a few days behind the b+. It was agar dropped with a first agar plate so not the cleanest myc growth which is looking more grey than white.


Is there any concerning signs yet or does this look OK?

This is the SAT isolated and looks awesome. Once it grows out I'll be doing a big batch. And I'll try to make a LC too from it.


Lastly i have a gymnopilus luteofolius. It took ages to show good growth but now there's a nice section of rhizo growth.


I'm going to isolate but would a LC work good or maybe a cardboard tek to wood substrate?

And i just picked up this from aldi today. $50!


Edited by AyEyDiZed (03/28/20 10:45 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: siiren]
    #26565980 -

Great tip siiren. I just used it to get my kids sharpie artworks of the walls.
This home isolation is fucking driving me crazy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: AyEyDiZed]
    #26566117 -

What are these? Jars for ants? =P

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: migraineur]
    #26566161 -

Haha it's all i had. They're  300ml jars so that's more than a half pint, x 6 jars.

I'm not working atm because of covid 19 so myco supplies aren't on the top of the grocery list.

Edited by AyEyDiZed (03/29/20 10:45 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: AyEyDiZed]
    #26570230 -

AyEyDiZed said:
Haha it's all i had. They're  300ml jars so that's more than a half pint, x 6 jars.

I'm not working atm because of covid 19 so myco supplies aren't on the top of the grocery list.



AyEyDiZed said:
Haha it's all i had. They're  300ml jars so that's more than a half pint, x 6 jars.

I'm not working atm because of covid 19 so myco supplies aren't on the top of the grocery list.



Yeah, it's a shit situation. Normally people have money but not much free time. Now people have lots of free time but no money.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: migraineur]
    #26570363 -

Thanks for the suggestion. Did a bit of research and looks like a good way to go about getting into agar. Bought some agar and malt extract off ebay. Will see how i go :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: Tarnwyn]
    #26573055 -

Tarnwyn said:
Thanks for the suggestion. Did a bit of research and looks like a good way to go about getting into agar. Bought some agar and malt extract off ebay. Will see how i go :smile:



When you're new to something it's easy to think that you need to buy so much fancy equipment but once you gain some knowledge (or have access to someone who has it) then you find other ways of achieving what you need to. I do not regret buying my small flow hood, All American 921 and All American 75 autoclave though. Luckily the dollar was higher than it is now.

Fark. I just realised I went to Chemist Warehouse today and forgot to check to see if they had any micropore tape in stock :frown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: migraineur]
    #26573244 -

migraineur said:
Fark. I just realised I went to Chemist Warehouse today and forgot to check to see if they had any micropore tape in stock :frown:



Haha I'm out of it too. Damn home isolation. At least my wife still gets to work. And now with more restrictions it will be hard to go out.
"sorry officer i needed more microtape for FAE..." probably won't be accepted.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: AyEyDiZed]
    #26573347 -

The exception is being allowed to go to a chemist/pharmacy or to get food. You could always order it online.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: migraineur]
    #26577788 -

I've been pretty impressed with my batch of jars. Hopefully by the end of the week they will be ready for bulk. At least the one on the right..


I have also been experimenting with charcoal and once its all done I'll write up a grow log. But i made some pf jars with only brf and charcoal. Two different variaties (cuban and texas orange cap). All showing great growth. These are a few of the TOC.


And had a SAT dish popping up heaps of pins so i isolated two (one to another dish and one to LC). Then had an idea to make a mini sgfc and use the dish with the  myc and other pins untouched with some coir over the top and the charcoal instead of perlite. Don't know if it will fruit well but its a fun idea.




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: AyEyDiZed]
    #26577984 -

AyEyDiZed said:
I have also been experimenting with charcoal and once its all done I'll write up a grow log. But i made some pf jars with only brf and charcoal. Two different variaties (cuban and texas orange cap). All showing great growth. These are a few of the TOC.






Send me a copy of this charcoal when ya get it sorted.

:zomgnowai:

You have me curious now.....

:chesire:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: spaztastic]
    #26578064 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: AyEyDiZed]
    #26578137 -

NIIIIICE.

Cheers!

Are you just using the Horticulture Charcoal from Bunnings or something similar

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: spaztastic]
    #26578158 -

You got it.


Went in to buy some perlite and they had none left so grabbed this instead.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: AyEyDiZed]
    #26580069 -

I tried to buy some this morning.....

One of the main plumbing stores in town refused me entry and saying they are only servicing tradies.

Bunnings wouldn't let me in the store at 8am because they are only open for tradies and general public opens a 9am, I mean I help set that fucking store up and was their first team member (outta that store) to get into their management diploma program!

:badsheekle:

Mitre 10 was the only one that would allow me entry and unfortunately they didn't have any 

:gocrythen:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: spaztastic]
    #26580201 -

How fucking rude. I understand person limits for stores but refused entry. Ffs. The world is turning into a bad dystopian sci-fi movie.

Hope you can manage to grab some.

I'm still going to grab some perlite and verm soon to test out the difference but I'm pretty impressed by the charcoal.

I have nine jars so I'll split them up into two sgfc (one with perlite one with charcoal) and two shoeboxes (one coir one verm).

In a months time I'll be swimming in shrooms.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: AyEyDiZed]
    #26580958 -

I've seen supermarkets sell wild bird seed and bricks of coir. You can also order bags of perlite and vermiculite from ebay as well as your other needs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Attention AUSSIE Cultivators! [Re: migraineur]
    #26582765 -

migraineur said:
I've seen supermarkets sell wild bird seed and bricks of coir. You can also order bags of perlite and vermiculite from ebay as well as your other needs.



Oh, Mum use to work at Mitre 10 and because the owner appreciated all of mums hard work he let her keep her staff account when she retired after 15yrs or so, due to health.

I started using pure wheat grain a while back now. Found it at Petbarn in the Poultry section.
SO MUCH easier to work with!

As far as the isopropyl is concerned



92-95% Ethyl   

:bearbreakdance:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | | Last >

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Official Copelandia/Panaeolus Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 2165 2166 )
Fantastic Mr. Fox 1,309,569 43,310 10/10/26 06:46 AM
by yearofnolight
* Official Psilocybe zapotecorum thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 88 89 )
Hindsight 82,072 1,775 10/07/26 04:28 AM
by Noah Keeper
* The Official TAT Family Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 65 66 )
tiptrippy 89,147 1,308 08/21/26 08:37 AM
by Smartattack
* Done with the hobby and looking to sell the bulk of my investment/equipment ShroomNugget 310 4 01/18/26 05:21 PM
by Yawnsalot
* Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day
( 1 2 3 4 ... 8723 8724 )
saralove 5,232,430 174,475 10/10/26 10:36 AM
by fontinalis666
* The Cultivation Confessional Booth - The Unofficial Cultivation Off Topic Discussion.
( 1 2 3 4 ... 1500 1501 )
BeefExtreme 470,304 30,016 10/10/26 10:34 AM
by tryptkaloids
* mycology equipment/supplies/etc for sale! rhizome 2,330 10 11/16/03 03:01 PM
by Bugsbunny
* Important - All Cultivators please read.
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
ThorA 43,989 103 05/31/05 03:35 AM
by Anno

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
24,799 topic views. 24 members, 166 guests and 145 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.